RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School fucking sucks rant and all around faggotry
coffee Offline
not at all awkward

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGHGGGGHHHHG
God damn school, it infuriates me with the heat of a thousand suns.

It's 9 am here and I DON'T WANT TO GO. I WANT TO STAY HOME AND SLEEP, I WANT TO WATCH AND READS THINGS, MAYBE EVEN LEARN SOMETHING FOR ONCE INSTEAD OF READING ABOUT BULLSHIT I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT.
I don't care about ecosystems or different types of lakes! I don't care about poetry! The only thing I care about in school in the least bit is the consumer math, at least I can use that in daily life. Sure maybe I could use the information about the lakes and whatnot at some point in my life, but I don't want to learn about it right now! I can't use it to look for an actual job right now, and I wouldn't want to. I NEED A FUCKING JOB. I CAN'T WORK IF ALL MY TIME IS SPENT AT SCHOOL.
I don't even think I can finish most of the work, not that it's hard, but because it's just so boring and uninteresting.
I wish I could explain to people these things, but they would probably not care and nitpick the shit out of my argument because how could anyone not looove school? I mean you should because if you don't, you're a stupid lowlife loser who will work at mcdonanlds their whole life (or you'll be homeless). And only smart, successful people do good in school.
I'm sick of being told that I'll be dumb and work at mcdonalds if I don't.
I'm also tired of people saying I'm smart and they're surprised I don't get good grades and all that.
And my mom saying to just to the work if it's not hard, YEAH HOW ABOUT YOU DO BORING WORK FOR HOURS AND NOT GET A THING OUT OF IT. YOU GET PAID FOR THAT.
"Oh, but I have to look after you guys!"
HOW IS THAT MY FAULT?! MAYBE DON'T HAVE 4 KIDS NEXT TIME! You had a choice. That's your fault, we didn't choose to be born.
Maybe you should of been more careful if you couldn't afford to have FUCKING FOUR KIDS.

" I thought I would of been a good mother."
Sure, you clothed us, you fed us but that's not all you had to do. You should be able to care for us emotionally too. But you weren't. I remember you hitting my hand with a wooden spoon. I remember you yelling at us, swearing at us. Making me cry, yelling and swearing at me for crying. Getting drunk, being a mess when you were drunk.Having me take care of my younger siblings when you yelled at them, or got drunk. And pulling jaden's hair, don't even get me started on that. But to have the audacity to be soooo surprised and angry when we talk back at all. Or to act like none of these things happened.
WELL GOLLY GEE, WHY ARE YOU SO SHY? WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE FRIENDS? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE NORMAL?
ARE YOU DEPRESSED?
And I remember that time you tried to put the blame on bob, your boyfriend I barely remember at all.
"Did he touch you?"
Did he touch me.
DID HE TOUCH ME?!
YOU FUCKING BITCH.
And my older brother, ooooh man. I wonder why you're the "normal" one out of us all. It's not like you got mom in the first years, when she was excited to be a mom, she was patient and nice. You pretty much shove it in our faces how fucking perfect and normal you are. But I do have to admit, there's something not exactly right with you...
/family rant

Fuck, I'm tired. and I still have a whole day of school to go before I can do the things I actually want to do. I don't want to anymore.
I just can't...
I have to, so the stupid child and family services or whatever don't come a knockin'. We don't need that right now.
Sometimes I just want to not go anymore, makes me depressed and just have a bad taste in my mouth.
Just a year or so to go...
02-12-2013 01:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Hug

Well... they can make you go, but they can't make you pay attention or do any of the work.

Would be kind of hilarious if you brought other books on subjects that actually interest you to class, and read those instead of paying attention. Then if they try to take it away, you can say they're trying to prevent you from learning in school. This would of course work better if you already do well in the class you try it in... but even if not, who cares. At least you'll be getting more important stuff done (if they don't steal it from you).

Types of lakes... Deep and shallow? Big and small? Muddy and rocky? Cold and warm? Those are the only kinds I know of. Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-12-2013 02:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
coffee Offline
not at all awkward

RE: School fucking sucks rant and all around faggotry

(02-12-2013 02:16 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Hug

Well... they can make you go, but they can't make you pay attention or do any of the work.

Would be kind of hilarious if you brought other books on subjects that actually interest you to class, and read those instead of paying attention. Then if they try to take it away, you can say they're trying to prevent you from learning in school. This would of course work better if you already do well in the class you try it in... but even if not, who cares. At least you'll be getting more important stuff done (if they don't steal it from you).

Types of lakes... Deep and shallow? Big and small? Muddy and rocky? Cold and warm? Those are the only kinds I know of. Laugh

That's exactly what I do, but recently they figured out what I was doing and basically told me to stop it.
And spot on about the lakes, but then add all of the science and my eyes start glazing over.
02-12-2013 03:22 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

So are you going to stop it or continue? I mean, it's not illegal. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-12-2013 06:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

This rant brought the song "down with a sickness" to mind...

I'd go along with reading books in class without paying attention as well. What are they going to do? "Fire" you? Oh wait, that's right, students don't get paid!

Whenever my teacher took my book, I just brought another and another and another. Hell, I even read the text book for the class instead of paying attention(mostly my science and history books, and sometimes the English lit. book). You know, the books they give us to read?

Then you wait for them to shove pencil shavings in your mouth so you can sue them Smile

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-12-2013 08:10 AM
coffee Offline
not at all awkward

(02-12-2013 06:15 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  So are you going to stop it or continue? I mean, it's not illegal. Razz

You mean the books, right?
Yeah, I still read in school, it's the only thing keeping me from stabbing myself with a pencil. Laugh
02-15-2013 03:33 AM
coffee Offline
not at all awkward

(02-12-2013 08:10 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  This rant brought the song "down with a sickness" to mind...

I'd go along with reading books in class without paying attention as well. What are they going to do? "Fire" you? Oh wait, that's right, students don't get paid!

Whenever my teacher took my book, I just brought another and another and another. Hell, I even read the text book for the class instead of paying attention(mostly my science and history books, and sometimes the English lit. book). You know, the books they give us to read?

Then you wait for them to shove pencil shavings in your mouth so you can sue them Smile

Shove pencil shavings in my mouth? Wtf? Laugh
I usually bring my own books and I don't think they can take them from me, even if they could I don't think they would for me because I'm one of the less rowdy students. The school I go to isn't really a traditional school, it's a program, so most of the kids there are all 'gangsta' and whatever. I think I'm considered a 'good' student compared to my class mates.
02-15-2013 03:41 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

So you don't wear your pants on your thighs and speak proper English?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-15-2013 10:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Long-Ass Rant About My School Sadly_Not 0 2,084 02-28-2017 01:54 PM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  How much college fucking sucks 18fuckinghoursaday 5 7,423 02-28-2017 12:03 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  School Sucks.... nitebomb 2 2,254 10-15-2016 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  A Long Rant About School JakeAE86 1 2,382 03-16-2016 06:22 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  What i do in Class! (School Sucks) dazzle2000 9 5,152 02-27-2016 01:09 PM
Last Post: James Comey
Tongue Everything that sucks with school IA 9 3,857 02-19-2016 04:18 AM
Last Post: DreamRebel
Star School sucks IA 4 3,387 02-04-2016 04:11 AM
Last Post: IA
  EmperorLemon's School-Related Rant Ky 0 2,297 08-28-2015 12:18 PM
Last Post: Ky
  School is fucking over MurkScribe 13 6,555 06-27-2015 02:30 PM
Last Post: schoolsux
  School is driving me crazy! A little rant, ya know? kokoroki 9 9,870 11-05-2013 04:46 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397