RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phones: What do you roll with?
NightHawk877 Offline
Resident Android guru

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Whether it's a dumbphone or a smartphone, show us what you use.

I roll with a Samsung Galaxy S 3 Running AOKP
02-07-2013 09:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)
RE: Cell phones: What do you roll with?

at&t Fusion aka Huawei U8652

A low grade android. was only about $125 and it's a fucking prepaid.
Hidden stuff:
[Image: ph_pic.php?ph_id=175&phone=Huawei%20U8652]

Before that i had a Samsung SGH-T459

Ah, that phone. That phone has been through everything, 5 minutes compeltely submerged in a puddle, brought it into the shower with me everytime, dropped it, skidded across the street, threw it at the wall as hard as i could several time. The screen in mostly scratches, i can peel the case off and i can peel the number pad off. And even after all the shit i put it through, it still works perfectly fine.
Hidden stuff:

It also come in a green and grey color, but i had this one.
[Image: sgh-t459.jpg]

Before that I had a nokia. I lost that one on the bus one day in 8th grade.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
02-07-2013 10:08 AM
NightHawk877 Offline
Resident Android guru

Those Samsungs can take a beating. My Captivate went through Hell and back twice. Still works and am now multibooting ROMs on it.
02-07-2013 12:46 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

i had a samsung that wasn't even listed on the at&t website...i had this thing for 4 years now and it went through the washer once and was thrown around for fun...it never broke.

Now my parents got me an iphone 4 bc since im going into the army they want to be able to face time every now n then and i wasn't gonna buy it myself lol

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
02-08-2013 12:03 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I have 2...

Nokia E72 (main phone)
Sony Xperia Play (I don't actually use the phone features on this one)

Now if Nokia would make Android phones... that'd be nice.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-08-2013 12:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PlagueMeister Offline
Oppressed

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

A Pantech something or other. It was only like..50 bucks, and it's a piece of crap, but it's my piece of crap

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know." ~Socrates
02-08-2013 09:06 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

I dunno what it is about Samsung but they build their phones like tanks.
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy SII. Pretty good phone, not the latest but it's still the shit and does more things than I need. Before I joined the Smartphone cult I was adamant about not wanting one, I liked my sliding Samsung. I finally gave it up though, got the Galaxy as a graduation present. The old one was starting to have serious power issues. I guess I washed it one to many times. I had it for like 3 years though so a bad battery is to be expected. If I had bought a replacement battery it probably would've kept on truckin.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 05:24 PM by Thought Criminal.)
02-08-2013 05:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightHawk877 Offline
Resident Android guru

I was able to score a 16 gigabyte Nexus 4 off Craigslist for a good price. Spent 200 bucks. The guy selling it was told it had LTE, but it really didn't.
02-10-2013 01:51 PM
LadyKira Offline
Stardust Crusader

Given 31 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I have a stupid tracphone

RIP URY AND GWEDIN
"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches a lesson."-Tom Bodett

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."-Neil Gaimen

Usernames that I have used before: Lollipopgirl

[Image: 42744.png]

Hidden stuff:

[Image: 931y1.png]

LadyKiras emotional status Wrote:[Image: tumblr_nfvobuc9ds1sv5krro1_500.gif]

LadyKira's Daily Song(s):

Watch on YouTube

02-10-2013 01:53 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

iPhone 4
99 motherfucking cents from AT&T

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
02-11-2013 07:34 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Pfft. Screw cellphones. I've got my carrier pigeons conveniently named AT&T,Sprint,T-Mobile and Verizon.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 11:23 AM by brainiac3397.)
02-11-2013 11:22 AM
NightHawk877 Offline
Resident Android guru

(02-11-2013 07:34 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  iPhone 4
99 motherfucking cents from AT&T

That's because the thing is nearly 3 years old like my Captivate.
02-12-2013 08:44 AM
Justin417 Offline
Rebel

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

This topics a little old but oh well....
iPhone 4s right now... debating between a windows phone next or just waiting for the iPhone 6 to come out.
02-25-2014 08:56 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

I'll help revive this thread too.

I have an iphone 4 right now running ios 7.0.4 and am so happy that jailbreaking is a thing.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

02-25-2014 09:45 AM
Justin417 Offline
Rebel

(02-25-2014 09:45 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  I'll help revive this thread too.

I have an iphone 4 right now running ios 7.0.4 and am so happy that jailbreaking is a thing.

Yup, I dont think I could use an apple product without the jailbreak.
02-25-2014 12:09 PM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)

Fucking people and your fucking phones ugh.
02-25-2014 12:46 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(02-25-2014 12:09 PM)Justin417 Wrote:  
(02-25-2014 09:45 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  I'll help revive this thread too.

Yup, I dont think I could use an apple product without the jailbreak.

What are your two favorite tweaks that change the homescreen?

Mine are infinidock and bigify.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

02-25-2014 12:53 PM
Justin417 Offline
Rebel

I love the windows 7 theme. Makes my phone feel more like my computer =]
But I have to say i haven't been using my phone much lately so I haven't played around with some off the newer things added to cydia.
02-25-2014 11:36 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Windows 7 theme? Do you enable it through Dreamboard or Winterboard?

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

02-26-2014 04:45 AM
Justin417 Offline
Rebel

Winterboard

Sorry forgot to mention that ha.
02-26-2014 07:34 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Nokia E72 (Symbian is shit, but nice keyboard and battery life) and Sony Xperia Play with Cyanogenmod (best toy ever).

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
02-26-2014 08:45 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(02-26-2014 07:34 AM)Justin417 Wrote:  Winterboard

Sorry forgot to mention that ha.

There is a dreamboard theme that will help your phone look even more like a windows computer. It has a start button and everything.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

02-26-2014 12:03 PM
Unknown-Creation Offline
Forever Watching

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

(02-26-2014 08:45 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Nokia E72 (Symbian is shit, but nice keyboard and battery life) and Sony Xperia Play with Cyanogenmod (best toy ever).

I used to roll with that phone with CM 9 on it, but I've retired it with an HTC One running CM 11. Now that it isn't my daily driver, I might try flashing more experimental roms on it.

I often forget about the existence of the thanks button on these forums...

If my writing happens to be too sporadic, too brief, or missing information, call me out on it.

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma."
~ Patrick Star
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 01:21 PM by Unknown-Creation.)
03-06-2014 12:20 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Send me your old Xperia Play? I want to keep using mine forever, but inevitably something will stop working at some point... I want to collect spares. xD

Why? Because gamepad. 'nuff said.

Hidden stuff:
03-07-2014 02:01 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

Nokia Lumia 520

I honestly really love it. The app selection is pretty bad though, not many free options. But most of what you want/need is there, or there's a sufficient replacement.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
03-07-2014 11:16 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

I haz da iPhony Fauxr. It's real, alright, but it definitely promises more than it delivers. Curse you, Apple...and curse you, AT&T...

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
03-07-2014 11:53 AM
Yato Away
God Of Calamity

Given 12 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

(02-07-2013 09:21 AM)NightHawk877 Wrote:  Whether it's a dumbphone or a smartphone, show us what you use.

I roll with a Samsung Galaxy S 3 Running AOKP
Samsung Galaxy S4 Cyanogenmod

[Image: jl1RlYo.png]
Yato Wrote:Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all.
03-07-2014 12:06 PM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

Don't own one.
03-13-2014 06:45 PM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)

nexus 5 gona arrive by ups in a few hours

"I never said half the shit people say i did." -Albert Einstein

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail, there is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers. That is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."-Stephen Hawking

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
03-13-2014 09:12 PM
Unknown-Creation Offline
Forever Watching

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

(03-07-2014 02:01 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Send me your old Xperia Play? I want to keep using mine forever, but inevitably something will stop working at some point... I want to collect spares. xD

Why? Because gamepad. 'nuff said.

Nah, I'm going to keep mine. I love messing around with it, and the dual phone + gaming device with a real gamepad is a great concept, IMO. The gamepad on the Play is really nice.

I wish Sony, or some other vendor, would release an updated version of the Play. The amount of internal storage space is way too small, although that issue can be worked around by using Link2SD.

RAM is also too small for some modern apps (try Google Chrome on the Play. Either the app is sluggish to the point where it's completely unusable, or the OS kills the process due to it using too much memory). This could probably also be worked around by setting up a swap partition or a swap file for the OS to use on an external SD card at the risk of shortening the lifespan of the SD card itself. I've never personally tried doing this, so I don't know how much of a performance overhead it would have.

The Play would also benefit from having a brighter backlight for the display. It would be nice if it also had a lining of some sort like gorilla glass, although it's not absolutely necessary.

An updated version that addresses these issues and beefs up the hardware would be pretty sweet.

I often forget about the existence of the thanks button on these forums...

If my writing happens to be too sporadic, too brief, or missing information, call me out on it.

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma."
~ Patrick Star
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 08:14 PM by Unknown-Creation.)
03-15-2014 07:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boeing to produce high security smart phones Efs 0 1,544 04-16-2012 10:57 PM
Last Post: Efs