RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Thought It Would Be Better
TorturedInSchool Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I'm a junior in high school. I'm technically supposed to be a sophomore, but I skipped a grade so I could graduate early.

High school is terrible, I think we can all agree on that.

I'm no longer taking high school classes. I'm in a dual-credit program where juniors and seniors can take college classes and get both high school and college credits.

The problem is, there are so many immature kids there that it feels just like high school. I know people are going to be ridiculous everywhere, but the only ones that bother me are the ones that haven't graduated. They annoy me! They don't take anything seriously (our teachers treat us all like idiots because of them), they talk over lectures, they call me names, they form cliques.... I thought I was done with this! How do I deal with these brats?

Any advice for me? Or should I just kill myself now?
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 06:13 PM by TorturedInSchool.)
02-06-2013 06:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

* SoulRiser does not know what junior or sophomore actually means

How many years you got left of that madness? Could you switch to online schooling or something else that doesn't involve being in the physical presence of other people?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-06-2013 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TorturedInSchool Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: I Thought It Would Be Better

(02-06-2013 10:21 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  * SoulRiser does not know what junior or sophomore actually means

How many years you got left of that madness? Could you switch to online schooling or something else that doesn't involve being in the physical presence of other people?

It means that I'm in my third year of high school. I have 1 and a half years left.

I've thought about online schooling, but I'm required to drive my 20 year old brother to his classes every day. There is really no point in waking up at 8:00 AM, driving 10 miles, driving back 10 miles, waiting an hour, and then going back.

I think people in my life don't really understand how bad the students are. The other day, some girl randomly came up to me and started swearing. I'd never even met her.
02-07-2013 02:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
RE: I Thought It Would Be Better

Quote:I've thought about online schooling, but I'm required to drive my 20 year old brother to his classes every day. There is really no point in waking up at 8:00 AM, driving 10 miles, driving back 10 miles, waiting an hour, and then going back.
Hmm yeah that would be kinda silly.

Quote:I think people in my life don't really understand how bad the students are. The other day, some girl randomly came up to me and started swearing. I'd never even met her.
o_O
lolwut
Maybe she thought you were someone else? Or she's just insane...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-08-2013 01:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply