RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
taking a pee
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
taking a pee

Ladies, you can both be beautiful...

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
02-13-2013 04:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

Given 34 thank(s) in 24 post(s)
taking a pee

I AM SO PRETTY

Twisted The Twisted Smiley Belongs To Twisted Twisted

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE AND NOTICEABLE
02-13-2013 06:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokeyTheAggie Offline
Renegade

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
RE: Why don't you like school?

(02-08-2013 09:23 AM)Twisted Wrote:  You don't like it because you have to?

You HAVE to eat, but you still like doing that.
You HAVE to sleep, but you still like doing that.
And you HAVE to get an education, yet you DON'T like doing that.

No. Not the way it works.

Well, I prefer to get a education not through school, because the way they do it is just horrible. The system that school uses actual harms the brain. A teacher actual was just in the news saying how schools do the opposite of what people think there intended for.

[Image: utahstatewords.png]
02-14-2013 10:33 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
taking a pee

You mean we're not being taught to obtain knowledge that would make us intelligent human beings but rather being exploited in a social-Darwinist institution where the the good are mindless drones that obey whatever you say, the bad are those who refuse to bend to their will, and the ugly are those who will never finish high-school so they aren't even cared for?

I'll be damned...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 12:01 PM by brainiac3397.)
02-14-2013 12:01 PM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

taking a pee

That is not the way it works. Complaining is for fucking wimps. If you were really that pissed off, you would have fucking done something about it!

You might as well get through it anyways, compared to your whole life, school is a very small percentage of it.

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

02-15-2013 06:15 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
taking a pee

Did you know people are more aggressive in arguments when they lose arguments?

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
02-15-2013 08:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

taking a pee

Logically and realistically considering the current societal and cultural stances on adolescent, I wouldn't get far If I put even the greatest effort into "fixing" the problem. As you very well may know, there are certain legal rights that adolescents lack in modern societies.

School is a small percentage of life? Yes. But the time we spend in school has the greatest impact on our future. Considering the fact that our minds are at their highest point of "learning-efficiency".If schools don't teach us the proper things, it's quite likely the rest of our lives will be miserably damaged.

Thinking back about my previous years, All I see is how my parents, my school, my society has been making all of my life decisions. It's always assumed that they are doing "what's best for you". If you put effort to fight back, you're considered rebellious or difficult. You'll end up being ostracized or punished in a way that soon becomes detrimental.

It's like sticking a sane person in a nuthouse. Even if their sane, the institution will soon make them believe their crazy(and they will probably end up insane). It turns into a detrimental cycle and it is impossible to get out of unless there are others who are close enough to pull you out before it's too late(that is if they don't end up in the same situation your in).

Basically, I see it as quicksand. They toss us in here and if we struggle against it, they let us sink. If we don't struggle, they wait till you become submissive to their beliefs and become the next generation that throws the next batch of kids in the same quicksand. Society has a seriously flawed belief...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
02-15-2013 10:03 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
RE: taking a pee

(02-15-2013 06:15 AM)Twisted Wrote:  That is not the way it works. Complaining is for fucking wimps. If you were really that pissed off, you would have fucking done something about it!

You might as well get through it anyways, compared to your whole life, school is a very small percentage of it.

I think you have stockholm syndrome.

"You might as well go through it."
Do you even know the long-lasting effects school has on you?
Have you even read a real fucking history book outside of the textbooks in schools? For 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week, 180 days a year for 13 years of your life (plus studying) you are being fed nationalistic euro-centric BULLSHIT designed to brainwash you into being coerced into having your rights stripped and your children sent to war and made to believe that Native Americans and Africans as savages whose only accomplishment was being conquered by Europeans.
How do you think the patriot act got through?
How do you think we made it into Iraq and Afghanistan?
How has the media convinced us that Iran, a stable country, is on the verge of starting a nuclear war just so we could get our oil companies back in?
Wake the fuck up.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
02-15-2013 11:33 AM
 Thanks given by: no , Superkamiguru
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)
taking a pee

^Truer words were never spoken.

Well, maybe once or twice.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
02-15-2013 11:46 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(02-15-2013 11:33 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  
(02-15-2013 06:15 AM)Twisted Wrote:  That is not the way it works. Complaining is for fucking wimps. If you were really that pissed off, you would have fucking done something about it!

I think you have stockholm syndrome.

"You might as well go through it."
Do you even know the long-lasting effects school has on you?
Have you even read a real fucking history book outside of the textbooks in schools? For 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week, 180 days a year for 13 years of your life (plus studying) you are being fed nationalistic euro-centric BULLSHIT designed to brainwash you into being coerced into having your rights stripped and your children sent to war and made to believe that Native Americans and Africans as savages whose only accomplishment was being conquered by Europeans.
How do you think the patriot act got through?
How do you think we made it into Iraq and Afghanistan?
How has the media convinced us that Iran, a stable country, is on the verge of starting a nuclear war just so we could get our oil companies back in?
Wake the fuck up.

Historical Revisionism sickens me.

It's funny how American history books like to say Pearl Harbor was an "Unwarranted and brutal attack". Nope. Pearl Harbor was retaliation by the Japanese for America's embargo that was crippling their nation(Now why is that never mentioned). Or how the US and other "allied" countries were actually anti-Semitic(so it wasn't just the Nazis). Or how America put brutal tyrannical dictatorships in many countries in the name of "Freedom and Democracy".

"Today class, We will learn bullshit. Followed by more propaganda bullshit. I hope you've got your 'Bullshit for dummies' textbook with you":cuckoo:

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-15-2013 12:23 PM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

How do you know that they don't also do something about it?

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
02-16-2013 03:37 AM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

taking a pee

Fine! If you don't like to learn, then you might as well kill yourself! Because believe it or not, you learn something new everyday.

And they can't actually FORCE you to go to school. Unless they beat you or dragged you there, they don't force you.

02-16-2013 08:57 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Try again, please, I never said I didn't like to learn. I have a suggestion for things for you to learn: reading comprehension and truancy laws.

stupid article
02-16-2013 09:33 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(02-16-2013 08:57 AM)Twisted Wrote:  Fine! If you don't like to learn, then you might as well kill yourself! Because believe it or not, you learn something new everyday.

And they can't actually FORCE you to go to school. Unless they beat you or dragged you there, they don't force you.

You mean compulsory education is not compulsory?

And learning something doesn't require school. It could be from books in the library, working with others or just be learning it by studying naturally.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-16-2013 03:22 PM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Hence reading comprehension and truancy laws as subjects to learn.

stupid article
02-17-2013 12:54 AM
SmokeyTheAggie Offline
Renegade

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

(02-16-2013 08:57 AM)Twisted Wrote:  Fine! If you don't like to learn, then you might as well kill yourself! Because believe it or not, you learn something new everyday.

People who hate school actual love to learn
more then kids at school. My thoughts and ideas while I do a project on my own time on something I care about are totally different then when doing a school project I don't care about.

[Image: utahstatewords.png]
02-17-2013 03:30 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

taking a pee

How many kids in school actually like reading anything?

I for one enjoyed reading by starting from 1970 DC comics on saturday mornings(since I was always up before the rest of my family). I then leaped to those big books(skipping that "young adult" or "teen" category stuff). I hate going to the library or book store because I'll end up staying over 3-4 hours long without realizing it.(I also can't study at the library. I end up picking up a book on nuclear physics or a geological study of the desert Razz)

School definitely did not motivate me to read. It also did not motivate me to learn.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-17-2013 03:59 AM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

taking a pee

Just on friday I learn at least 5 different things, in just one day.

02-18-2013 01:31 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

(02-16-2013 08:57 AM)Twisted Wrote:  And they can't actually FORCE you to go to school. Unless they beat you or dragged you there, they don't force you.

[Image: bullshit.jpg?w=500]

Did you know they send you to jail because you skip going to juvie (I mean school)?

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 03:46 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

I know that you learnt 5 different things, twisted. Still, check your egocentrism. You have a rarity in the form of a useful teacher.

stupid article
02-20-2013 05:11 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

taking a pee

So anti-capitalistic. I say our entire department of education is run by Stalinist totalitarians! Where's McCarthy when you need him!

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 05:25 AM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

taking a pee

What is egocentrism, Stalinist totalitarians, and McCarthy?

02-20-2013 06:18 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

taking a pee

Making a reference to the cold war-era Senator McCarthy, who thought everything not "American" was a communist conspiracy.. Stalinist totalitarian is somewhat redundant, since Stalinism(a radical communist ideology) technically incorporates totalitarianism(total control of a persons private and public life).

Egocentrism is concern with your individual self(as in not looking at an issue with another point of view).

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 06:23 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

taking a pee

What I think when I'm in Algebra class:

[Image: tumblr_ll8b8awrfm1qasqbl.gif]

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 06:41 AM by HawkbitAlpha.)
02-20-2013 06:38 AM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

taking a pee

Lazy people Smile

02-20-2013 12:48 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

taking a pee

Yep. Biggrin

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 01:03 PM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

(02-20-2013 12:48 PM)Twisted Wrote:  Lazy people Smile

Yes, surely because I don't know the answer to how to graph 2x - 5y on a coordinate plane means I'm lazy.

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 01:09 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

taking a pee

I was punished for not using calculators in my math class. Wouldn't logic tell you that if I get the answer right without a calculator, I probably do not need a calculator due to being capable of doing it my head. Of course according to my teacher, mental math is wrong(yet I get more right answers and finish faster when compared to those who actually use a calculator). I dislike using calculators for things that aren't large enough to require one, or I may end up like students who actually have to use their calculator to find 8+4 or 12/3 or 2*5. The easy way is not always the smart way.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 01:31 PM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

(02-20-2013 01:31 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  I was punished for not using calculators in my math class. Wouldn't logic tell you that if I get the answer right without a calculator, I probably do not need a calculator due to being capable of doing it my head. Of course according to my teacher, mental math is wrong(yet I get more right answers and finish faster when compared to those who actually use a calculator). I dislike using calculators for things that aren't large enough to require one, or I may end up like students who actually have to use their calculator to find 8+4 or 12/3 or 2*5. The easy way is not always the smart way.

Did I ever mention that alot of that (seems like Algebra II or Calc to me) will never help you in life?

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

Hidden stuff:
02-21-2013 04:05 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

taking a pee

Unless you intend to become an engineer...

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-21-2013 05:23 AM