RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
When grown up, meet up together?
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

This is only a hypothetical question which I am just interesting in hearing from you about. Would you maybe consider having some kind of meetup IRL when grown up? The users here? Like Seriously. I ain't no pervert or scary rape man, but you get my point.
Yes OR No ??
02-01-2013 07:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)
RE: When grown up, meet up together?

Like.. a group of us or just like?

Because having a meetup thing would be kind of cool if everyone could get to one place at the same time...

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
02-01-2013 07:53 AM
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

That would be sweet,doubt it will happen though

School isnt as bad as you think
02-01-2013 07:54 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

In the past there have been various meetups with oldfags. (Usually just like, 2 people though...) We planned a ski/snowboard vacation once but it never materialized. Most of us were like, 17/18 who were planning on going though so that made it somewhat feasable, but it was still too damn expensive and not everyone could come, and blah blah life is shit w/e.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
02-01-2013 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

I've met L in real life before. It was epic, there was museums, city buses, pizza, weed, super troopers and incompetent drug dealers.

L had never been on a bus before, reminded me of that scene from Smiley Face

Watch on YouTube
02-01-2013 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Lol, that movie.
I've never met anyone from here irl, unless you count Thade, but I already knew her since like kindergarten.

But I still talk to a few people who left and someday would like to meet up with them.

Friends are good.

Who lives by Connecticut?

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
02-01-2013 02:59 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

maybe we could all go to detroit and grab SRH and get her out of that hell hole...or we could just meetup somewhere closer to me lol

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
02-01-2013 09:09 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I vote for Canada. America scares me too much. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-01-2013 09:12 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

i'm not going back to canada lol

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

02-01-2013 09:17 PM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

We should all meet in New York City. Smile

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
02-02-2013 06:41 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(02-02-2013 06:41 AM)Thel Vadam Wrote:  We should all meet in New York City. Smile

or, or...Soul could fund a trip for all those willing to go to her house...I feel that would be the best way to do this. This way you don't have to worry about people not being able to buy things while on vacation because they spent all their money on the plane ticket (or gas if they drove)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

02-02-2013 07:00 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

.. I don't even have a passport ._.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
02-02-2013 07:18 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

I'd be down for it.
Just we vary in age so much. Imaging just a group of 12-20-something year olds just chilling together? IT would be weird. If everyone was at least liscence-age it might work.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
02-02-2013 02:04 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

My house? I don't have one... and I'd rather go somewhere to meet you guys rather than have a huge crowd over here. xD

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-02-2013 10:09 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(02-02-2013 10:09 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  My house? I don't have one... and I'd rather go somewhere to meet you guys rather than have a huge crowd over here. xD

we'll bring tents then lol

passports are fairly easy to get, just go somewhere that takes pictures (the big general stores [like Target] usually do since they have a photo printing place in them) and then tell them it's for a passport and after that go to the DMV (i think, i'm not too sure anymore) and ask them if you can get one...you'll need a parent if oyu're under 18 though

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

02-03-2013 11:05 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Passports are expensive.

But my aunt says she's gonna get my sister's and I some. She wants to bring us to Canada. So Yeah. But who knows when.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
02-03-2013 11:18 AM
ThorodonSorrow Offline
Just another face in the crowd.

Given 14 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

I think it'd be a great idea, but not everyone would be able to make it at the same time or day. So an alternative, video chat? PLUS the optional IRL meetup? Like a group video chat on ooVoo or something, and we tell eachother what's happened since our choices from school or somethin'.
02-03-2013 08:03 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Having a single massive meet-up for all users world-wide just isn't feasible. What makes more sense is a number of smaller meetups. We could have all of the users on the east coast of the US for example meet up in one place and easily get five or more people at that meet up. Otherwise we would just be planning a world-wide meetup forever without it actually happening. I'm down for a meetup this summer and am willing to travel a few hundred miles to do so. I will not go across the country though, and I will not leave the country to meet up with users on here.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
02-04-2013 01:14 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Maybe Skype some time in the future, though It might be very likely I want show my face, though I will talk.
People please listen to my previous post, "a recommendation for all", maybe somebody here will succeed and fund rest to join. Smile
02-04-2013 06:38 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

A round trip plane ticket to... anywehre, is a dick load of moneys. We'd have to start a collection fund and grow it for like 5 years lolol. And most here couldn't even contribute cuz nobankaccounts. For like 20 people it'd be like 20 thousand dollars not even including hotels or w/e. Unless you were only flying out for the day, then it'd still be 20 thousand dollars. That seems like a lot of money just to hang out lololo.

Blog I post to now:

02-04-2013 06:44 AM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Once I get my laptop back (since it's the only computer in the house that I'm allowed to use with a camera) I would be up for a Skype chat with everyone.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
02-04-2013 08:46 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

i would show my face on skype...but my camera on my crappy skool laptop isn't connected this year (probably because they don't want me doing naughty things with girls on the internet)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

02-04-2013 11:25 PM
PlagueMeister Offline
Oppressed

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I think that either skyping each other or having smaller meetups is the best option.

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know." ~Socrates
02-05-2013 12:14 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

We'll plan this some day, not yet. I think this could be cool.
02-05-2013 07:29 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Damnit nobody here lives in Brazil or even South America.

Ah well, that makes me South America represent.

If you wanna skype or shit, add me luizao308
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 07:47 AM by Luizao876.)
02-05-2013 07:47 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

I think you would enjoy America Soul. Have you ever been before? If you go definitely go to California. You can't go wrong with San Francisco.
02-05-2013 01:03 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

(02-04-2013 01:14 AM)|55555| Wrote:  Having a single massive meet-up for all users world-wide just isn't feasible. What makes more sense is a number of smaller meetups. We could have all of the users on the east coast of the US for example meet up in one place and easily get five or more people at that meet up. Otherwise we would just be planning a world-wide meetup forever without it actually happening. I'm down for a meetup this summer and am willing to travel a few hundred miles to do so. I will not go across the country though, and I will not leave the country to meet up with users on here.

Dude. You, Me, L, and Alucard totally need to chill sometime.
02-05-2013 01:04 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

(02-05-2013 01:03 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  I think you would enjoy America Soul. Have you ever been before? If you go definitely go to California. You can't go wrong with San Francisco.

Terrible idea... Lunatic and Soul in same state? They'll totally devise a plan and ruin world

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 01:07 PM by Absnt.)
02-05-2013 01:07 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

(02-05-2013 01:04 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 01:14 AM)|55555| Wrote:  Having a single massive meet-up for all users world-wide just isn't feasible. What makes more sense is a number of smaller meetups. We could have all of the users on the east coast of the US for example meet up in one place and easily get five or more people at that meet up. Otherwise we would just be planning a world-wide meetup forever without it actually happening. I'm down for a meetup this summer and am willing to travel a few hundred miles to do so. I will not go across the country though, and I will not leave the country to meet up with users on here.

Dude. You, Me, L, and Alucard totally need to chill sometime.
When and where? We should all have a Skype chat about it soon.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
02-05-2013 01:10 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

That's acceptable as long as I can join in.
Also, California is a big state. It spans half the height of the Continental U.S.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 01:11 PM by Thought Criminal.)
02-05-2013 01:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "I'm Grown" Miller0700 3 2,445 10-19-2011 02:13 PM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Tomatoes Meet Fucking School Bus ~Mystery~ 4 3,150 02-05-2009 12:23 PM
Last Post: Milk2Go