RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your school's dress code?
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

Given 34 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

This is mine:

1. Shorts/skirts must be at least "finger tip length"
2. No shorts or pants with holes or rips
3. Students must wear tops which appropiately cover the stomach, chest, and back area (3 finger rule)
4. No adjustments to T-shirts
5. No visible undergarments (male and female)
6. No clothing with innappropiate logos, sayings, and pictures that address/display: sexual context, substance abuse, violence, profanity, innappropiate referance to nationality, race, or gender is to be worn.
7. No hats, bandannas, or pajamas are permitted inside the school except on designated spirit days.
8. For safety, all jewelery must be removed and all shoe laces must be tied for athletic activites
9. Pants must be worn at proper height on the hips

Don't you think some of these rules are pointless? What is your dress code?

Twisted The Twisted Smiley Belongs To Twisted Twisted

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE AND NOTICEABLE
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 03:04 AM by тωιѕтє∂.)
01-13-2013 03:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

4, 6, and 7 aren't followed (or, at least, very stringently) at my school (although my middle school made quite a fuss over 6 and 7). Plus, I've gotten away with 2 before.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
01-13-2013 04:20 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)
RE: What is your school's dress code?

(01-13-2013 03:03 AM)Twisted Wrote:  3. Students must wear tops which appropiately cover the stomach, chest, and back area (3 finger rule)

this reminds me of an episode of 2 1/2 men i watched today...we aren't allowed to show any bare skin aside from arms and legs if we have shorts on, and you can't wear shirts that have the huge "V" down the back because that's just too much skin apparently, no tanktops either.

We have a lot more rules than you, but atleast 10 of them could be converted into one rule of their own (i used to have a student handbook that had it all, but then i got rid of it)

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
01-13-2013 08:45 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

>school as in "hellhole I attend":
Basically all this

>school as in "my school of thought"
Wear whatever you want and bash anyone who tries to stop you

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
01-13-2013 11:27 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

No short shorts/skirts (no one listens, only enforced by female staff)
No hoodies (not enforced)
Don't sag your pants (only enforced by principal and some other staff)
No revealing tops, too low cut, belly showing, tank tops (only enforced by female staff, no one listens)
No hats (mostly enforced)
NO profanity, drug references sexual inuendos (mostly enforced)

So basically it's a dress as you want free for all.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 12:44 PM by Night.)
01-13-2013 12:43 PM
HeartoftheNorth Offline
Sharkamander

Given 13 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Copy and pasting it from my school's website because I'm too lazy to type it all up.

DRESS CODE (STUDENT)
The Dress Code is in Effect for ALL School Related Events Unless Otherwise Announced.
Students must be dressed and groomed in a manner that meets reasonable standards of health, cleanliness,
appropriateness and safety which does not distract or disrupt the educational process. Students must follow
faculty requests in regard to all dress code matters. We expect parents to assume a major role in the
responsibility for seeing the manner in which students dress is in keeping with the dress code; however, school
administration will have the final decision. If necessary, parents may be called to bring a different set of
clothing or students will be sent home to change clothes.

Color Scheme/General Requirements:
• Pants/Capri Pants, Shorts/Skorts, Skirts, Dresses: Khaki, Black, Navy Blue
• Shirts: All shirts must be a solid color. Shirts are NOT limited to the Khaki, Black, or Navy Blue
color scheme.
• Shirts, skirts, pants, shorts/skorts and dresses must be a relaxed fit.

Pants/Capri Pants (slack style)
• Must be a solid color.
• Must be worn at waist level. (No sagging)
• No sweatpants, denim, leather,
stretch/spandex/yoga pants.
• Belt loop pants may or may not be worn with a
belt. This is optional.
• Belts must be a solid color. Belts and
suspenders must be properly buckled, and may
not dangle.

Shorts/Skorts (slack style)
• Must be a solid color.
• Must be worn at waist level. (No sagging)
• Length must be no shorter than 2 inches above
the knee.
• No denim, leather, stretch/spandex
• Belt loop shorts may or may not be worn with a
belt. This is optional.

Skirts
• Must be a solid color.
• Length must be no shorter than 2 inches above
the knee.
• No denim, leather, stretch/spandex skirts.
• Slits may not rise more than 3 inches above the
knee.

Dresses/Jumpers
• Must have a collar or be worn over a collared
shirt or turtleneck.
• Must follow the shirt and skirt guidelines.
• Must be khaki, black, navy blue

Shirts (collar shirt, sweater, sweatshirt, turtleneck)
• Must be a solid color; Layered shirts must also
be a solid color. Only the top 2 buttons may be
open on any shirt or sweater.
• Sweaters or fleece pullovers must be a solid
color (pullover, buttoned or zipped) and be worn
with a collared shirt or turtleneck.
• Sweatshirts must be a solid color and worn with
a collared shirt or turtleneck, Spirit wear/school
affiliated sweatshirts are permitted daily.
• Shirt length: shirts must be worn to cover torso
at all times; not tied or fastened in any fashion.
• Logos on shirts may be no larger than a half
dollar, with the exception of Spirit wear.
• Spirit wear/school affiliated t-shirts can be worn
on Fridays. School sponsored clubs/activities
must adhere to the student dress code policy
unless prior approval is obtained from the
administration.
• Students may wear hooded sweatshirts
(pullover, buttoned or zipped); the hoods must
be down and collared shirt or turtleneck must be
worn underneath.
• Ties are optional.

Shoes
• All students will wear shoes or sandals.
• Shoes with laces must be tied.
• Socks are optional.

The following are unacceptable
• Jewelry, chains or accessories considered dangerous.
• Exposed undergarments or see-through apparel.
• Display of midriff/torso, chest, rear end.
• Clothing flipped inside out.
• Clothing wrapped around waist.
• Bandanas may not be worn or carried.
• Gang-related apparel is not acceptable: wearing, possessing, using, displaying in any manner clothing,
jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign or other item commonly associated with membership in or
affiliation with a gang, and any other item deemed by the administration as gang related is not permitted.
• Hats, headgear or sweatbands.
• Extremely tight clothing as well as extremely oversized clothing where a student exhibits difficulty in
walking.
• Coats, jackets, hats, and other headgear, sunglasses, purses, and backpacks must be secured in
student lockers in the morning and remain secured during school hours.
• Unnatural hair colors.

I got in trouble for coming in with denim capris and a humane society t-shirt on the last day of school last year, and no one even said it was a dress code day, even though literally every year before it was a no-dress code day.

"What if Morgan Freeman was Jesus?"
"Well you know what?! I'd... actually, I'd be okay with that."
01-13-2013 01:25 PM
HeartoftheNorth Offline
Sharkamander

Given 13 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

And none of that applies to the teachers at all.

"What if Morgan Freeman was Jesus?"
"Well you know what?! I'd... actually, I'd be okay with that."
01-13-2013 01:28 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(01-13-2013 01:25 PM)HeartoftheNorth Wrote:  • Belt loop pants may or may not be worn with a
belt. This is optional.

• Belt loop shorts may or may not be worn with a
belt. This is optional.

• Sweatshirts must be a solid color and worn with
a collared shirt or turtleneck, Spirit wear/school
affiliated sweatshirts are permitted daily.

• Logos on shirts may be no larger than a half
dollar, with the exception of Spirit wear.

• Spirit wear/school affiliated t-shirts can be worn
on Fridays. School sponsored clubs/activities
must adhere to the student dress code policy
unless prior approval is obtained from the
administration.

The following are unacceptable
• Jewelry, chains or accessories considered dangerous.

• Gang-related apparel is not acceptable: wearing, possessing, using, displaying in any manner clothing,
jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign or other item commonly associated with membership in or
affiliation with a gang, and any other item deemed by the administration as gang related is not permitted.

• Hats, headgear or sweatbands.

• Coats, jackets, hats, and other headgear, sunglasses, purses, and backpacks must be secured in
student lockers in the morning and remain secured during school hours.

well, atleast you can bring a belt to skool, which a student could then use to hang themselves.

skool spirit clothes can only be worn on fridays/spirit days, yet they are permitted daily Confused

they would absolutely hate me then (logo size rule) because most of my shirts are given to me by my dad because he keeps getting too fat, and i wear the acceptable ones (which is pretty much just the concert shirts he got when he was waaaaay younger)

atleast you can bring a necklace that has the ability to hide a knife so that you shank a few people then quickly hang yourself with that belt they let you wear...or you could even just hide a knife in the belt since it isn't that hard to cut a small hole in it and cover it up

gang realted apparel isn't accepted at all if you know about a gang in the local area that wears strictly one colour of clothing/type of neckalce?...so i should just shank some kids then hang myself apparently since everything ever created can become a gang symbol, even nakedness (granted, that would be weird to hear about a nude gang...but people have done weirder)

hats, and other headgear, and sunglasses...nice to know where sunglasses stand, which apparently isn't on your face protecting your sensitive eyes from the fluorescent lights that skool uses to keep hallways lit up.

Whatdoes this school have against people putting things on their head anyways? Did somebody get a balloon hat from a clown when they were young and instantly get scarred for life in regards to anything on your head?

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

01-13-2013 03:54 PM
Kundalini Offline
(Divine Consiousness)

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I've got the same as you but half of those rules aren't even enforced, so...

I've seen a kid wear a shirt of Tupac Shakur smoking a blunt, and another student wearing 'Jack Daniels' gear.

Cool story, bro. Tell it again.
01-14-2013 11:18 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Here's an extensive rundown of my old school's dress code:

Quote: Appearance and Dress Code

From the time students leave home in the morning to the time school is over, all students are required to wear a clean, pressed uniform that is in good condition...... Under no circumstances should be the school blazer, tie, or any other uniform item be left in a school locker.

Students who come to school without a complete uniform are considered to be in violation of the Appearance and Dress Code. These students will be give 2 Administrative Detentions (Hour-and-half detentions to be severed after-school on Thursday's and Fridays). I'll go more detail on ADs later on.

Pg. 12-13: Uniform Guidelines

Blazer- Taking off the blazer on the school premises without a staff member's permission is a violation of the dress code. Sleeves of the blazer should not be rolled up at anytime.

Shirt- A plain white, button-down Oxford shirt must be worn. The shirt must be tucked into the pants at all times and collars must be turned and buttoned down at all times. Sleeves of the shirt should not be rolled up at any time.

Pants- Hemmed (Not rolled up) pants must be worn at the wait, not lower on the hips, with a black belt through the loops. The hem of the pants are a violation of the dress code. Long or baggy pants are a violation of the dress code. There should not be any visible logos, tags,or pockets on the pants.

Skirt- Females may choose to wear the approved school shirt. The skirt must be worn at knee length. Skirt length must range no shorter than the top of the kneecap. to no longer than two inches below the bottom of the knee. Rolling up the skirt, whether intentional or not, is strictly forbidden and will result in 1 or more ADs and/or the student being prohibited from wearing the skirt for the skirt for the remainder of the year; instead, the student will have to wear school pants.

Ties- Males: Must wear the official school male tie, knotted properly and tied to cover the top button of the shirt. Females: Must wear the official school bow-tie adjusted to cover the top button of the shirt

Shoes and Socks- School shoes must be solid black with no logos or tags.
Males: Solid blue or black socks must be worn
Females: Solid (Not sheer blue or black) knee high trouser socks or stockings must be worn.
During winter months, boots may be worn to school but be removed and placed in the student's locket upon to the school building. Boots and/or hi-tops are not be allows to be worn at any other time.

Hair and Nails- Hair should be neatly groomed. No hats will be permitted in the school building during the school day. Long, colorful natural or fake fingernails are not permitted. Only clear or "Cotton Candy" nail polish is allowed. Only moderate, natural appearing make-up is permitted while in uniform.

Earrings and Accessories- Only post earrings, no larger than a dime, are allowed. One per ear. All other visible piercing are forbidden. Excessive jewelry or bracelets are not permitted.

Sweaters- A solid navy, blue, black, or white V-neck or cardigan sweater, may be worn under the school blazer. Hooded sweatshirts are strictly forbidden in the school after 7:54 AM

Polo Shirts- From May 1st to October31st, school polo shirts may be worn instead of the blazer, tie, and dress shirt. The rest of the uniform will remain the same. The polo shirt must be tucked into school pants or shirt. Nothing should be worn over the shirt and undergarments should not protrude from the shirt's sleeves. No jacket, sweater, coat or similar outfitting should be worn over the polo shirt during the school day. Wearing the polo shirt is a privilege, not a right. Violation of the Polo Shirt Policy will deprive the student of this privilege. Student on Probationary Contract (Explain later in another post, hopefully) will not be able to wear the polo shirt.

http://forums.school-survival.net/showth...hool+rules

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 01:03 PM by Miller0700.)
01-14-2013 01:02 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

so after realizing the ammount of people on here that can find the rules on their schools websites, i decided to look mine up and this is the first thing i was reminded about when it opened up the PDF:

Beepers, Pagers, Cellular Phones, Laser Lights/Pointers, Etc. .............................................. 18

my thought once again: WHO STILL USES BEEPERS OR PAGERS!

now here are the other rules:

DRESS CODE
Student dress should reflect the prevailing expectations of the Tippecanoe School Corporation where health and safety, common decency, and proper maintenance of the school plant are major considerations.
1. Health and Safety: Students should not wear clothing or hairstyles that can be hazardous to them in their school activities such as shop, lab work, physical education, and art. Grooming and dress which prevent students from doing their best work because of blocked vision or restricted movement are discouraged, as are dress styles that create a disruption of teaching or of classroom order. All footwear must have solid soles. Slippers are not considered to be an acceptable form of footwear. Jewelry will not be worn in physical education class. Girls and boys alike may be asked to wear a protective net or cap if the hair is too long for health and safety precautions in laboratory situations such as science, swimming, industrial arts, technology, Family and Consumer Science, etc.
2. Common Decency: There shall be adequate coverage of the body. Clothing with wording or pictures which, in the opinion of school personnel, tend to undermine the educational atmosphere are in violation of this guideline. Clothing with wording which is in bad taste or wording which lists negative ethnic comments, alcoholic establishments, or tobacco products will not be worn. Sunglasses and hats are not to be worn in the building at any time unless approved by the administration.
Additional guidelines:
A. The length of the hemline of shorts, slit skirts and skirts shall be no shorter than the fingertips of an individual when standing straight with arms down to the side and clothing worn at waist level. Leggings, yoga pants, and tights cannot be worn unless they are covered with an appropriate length short/skirt/skirt covering.
B. No stretch shorts, boxer shorts, cut-off shorts, cut-off sweat pants or pajama pants are allowed.
C. All clothing must be hemmed.
D. No t-shirts which imply indecent behavior, alcohol, tobacco or drugs (example: Hooters, Harry’s Chocolate Shop) are to be worn to school and/or to any school related activities.
E. Students must be able to explain any nickname that appears on their shirt to an administrator. Administrators will make the final decision.
F. Holes or frays in clothing should not expose skin or undergarments and will not be dress code compliant unless they are part of the clothing style. Patches are not acceptable unless approved by the administration.
G. All jeans, pants and shorts must be worn at waist level at all school activities at all times. Waist level is defined as the top of the side hip bone.
H. The midriff shall not be exposed or visible under another garment.
I. All shirts and tops must have necklines which do not expose cleavage, sleeves which cover shoulders and are long enough to be tucked in. But, if they are not tucked in, they must remain below the waistline at all times which includes sitting at lunch or in class. When seated, skin and undergarments should not be visible.
J. All clothing will be worn as designed to be worn (i.e. overalls should have both straps hooked).
K. Costumes are not to be worn during Halloween.
L. Hats or any other head coverings are not to be worn in the building during the school day unless approved by the administration. Students must leave hats in their locker during the school day.
M. No billfold chains, chains worn as belts, and/or neck chains, excluding jewelry, are to be worn to school and/or to any school related activities.
N. No tank top straps or bra straps should be exposed.
3. Footwear or items of clothing that could damage floors, furniture, walls, etc., are a violation.
4. The principal (along with the McCutcheon staff) will react to the following if they deem it a distraction, disrespectful to another student, or excessive.
A. Hair Style (ex: Mohawk, too much unnatural color, shaved designs)
B. Current Fad/Style
C. Facial Piercing
D. Facial Makeup (ex: eye shadow on a boy)
Students who do not wear clothing which, in the opinion of school personnel, reflects good judgment or who do not comply with these guidelines will be sent to the office for necessary action. Parents will be contacted should the need arise. If students are in doubt about a particular clothing item, they should see an administrator prior to wearing the item.

what's funny now is that you can have the first layer of your jeans ripped away so that you can see all the tiny threads, you just can't be able to see the skin below your jeans or the shorts below them...and if the holes are below your knees then that's cool too

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

01-14-2013 02:03 PM
Marlena403 Offline
School Lover

Given 21 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

This is my school's dress code:

Year 7 to Year 10:

1. Sky blue shirt. Top button fastened, shirt tucked in.
2. Navy blue tie with white stripes. The tie must be at least seven stripes long.
3. Navy blazer with college badge.
4. Girls: Navy/Black skirt or tailored trousers. Skirts should be no more than 5cm above the knee. Boys: Plain black trousers.
5. Girls: White/Black/Navy plain socks or Black/Navy/Natural plain tights with black, low heeled shoes. Boys: Black/Grey/Navy plain socks with black, low heeled shoes. Neither boys nor girls are allowed boots, trainers or pumps.
6. Navy V-necked jumper (optional)
7. For P.E. we must wear a white polo-shirt with the college emblem printed on it, plain navy blue shorts or tracksuit bottoms, white sport socks and non-making trainers. We can wear a navy blue sweatshirt with the college emblem printed on it and shin pads. We could also wear plain navy blue football socks before, but now they're not allowed.
8. Students may wear a wristwatch and one small set of studs or sleepers.
9. Earrings must be taken off in P.E. and if we cannot take them off, we must stick a tape over them.
10. Other jewellery is not permitted and may be confiscated. Especially large hoop earrings as they are dangerous.
11. Whilst ear and nose piercing are acceptable on cultural grounds, no other form of body piercing is permitted.
12. No make up is allowed.
13. No patterned tights or socks.
14. No cut off leg or skinny/tight/stretchy/Lycra trousers permitted.
15. Hoodies and caps are banned. Hats and scarves may be worn only in cold weather, outside. Scarves must be black or navy.
16. Head-covering worn for religious reasons must be black or navy.
17. Headbands and ribbons must be black or navy. No extreme hair styles or colours allowed.
18. Only college blazers may be worn as top garments inside the college.
19. Coats must be plain black or navy.
20. Denim and leather are not permitted.
21. Special clothing is required for P.E. and some practical lessons.
22. All clothing including P.E. kit should be labelled.
23. No nail varnish or artificial nails to be worn in college.
24. New rule since September 2016: No smart watches allowed.

Year 11:

Year 11's have the same uniform rules as Year 7, 8, 9 and 10, but:

* They must wear a white shirt instead of the sky blue one
*Their blazer must be black. NOT NAVY.
*They must wear a black tie with no stripes at all. "Fat short ties" are still not allowed.
*Year 11's are allowed to wear boots and pumps. They used to be allowed to wear trainers as well, but I've heard from a teacher that they're no longer allowed to.
*Year 11's are allowed to wear make up.
*Year 11 students can wear any colour jackets and scarves.

Year 12 and 13:

Year 12 and 13 do not have to wear uniform, but they do have a few dress code rules:

*No caps or hats to be worn on site.
*No ripped jeans.
*No offensive wording on clothing.
*No clothes which expose an excessive amount of flesh and /or underwear including short denim or jean shorts
*Leggings or jeggings may be worn but need to be accompanied with a top, jumper or dress that completely covers the bottom.
*Students must wear ID badges at all times.
*Year 12 and 13 students used to be allowed to dye their hair unnatural colours, but that's no longer allowed.

Note: At my school, no one, including the teachers is allowed to wear canvas shoes or trainers.

Mufti (Non-uniform) days:

1. No shorts or short skirts.
2. No make up (unless you're in Year 11, 12 or 13.)

Even though Year 12 and 13 students are not allowed to dye their hair unnatural colours since September 2016, they still choose to do it. I also see some of them without ID badges. I see a lot of students from Year 7 to 10 with fat short ties and untucked shirts. Some even use graffiti on their ties, which is ALSO not allowed. I heard my P.E. teacher telling students off for not wearing white socks and not taking off their earrings. I used to have a fake friend in Year 8 who used to bring a smart watch to school. I've seen a Year 9 student put on make up at school. When I was in Year 7 and 8, there used to be a boy who wore trainers to school, but he's now permanently excluded (for a different reason). One of the Year 9 girls wears a hoodie at school. One of the boys in my class wears socks that are not black, grey or navy. So basically, a lot of uniform rules are being broken.

Note: If we're going to Parents Evenings, we must come in our school uniform.

If we break any uniform rules (Wear a fat short tie, have our shirt untucked...), we get a U2 (Uniform Detention). A U1 (A uniform warning) has been given to everyone (including the people who were wearing proper uniform) in a uniform assembly, so we will never get it later. If we for example wear a short skirt, skinny trousers, trainers etc., we get sent home to change. If we fail to attend a U2 detention, we get a half day seclusion. Three uniform infringements result in a full day seclusion even if we attend U2 detentions.

I think all of these rules are fair.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 02:33 AM by Marlena403.)
12-18-2016 01:50 AM
Geicosuave Offline
Gay Ass Demon

Given 69 thank(s) in 40 post(s)

(01-13-2013 03:03 AM)тωιѕтє∂ Wrote:  This is mine:

1. Shorts/skirts must be at least "finger tip length"
2. No shorts or pants with holes or rips
3. Students must wear tops which appropiately cover the stomach, chest, and back area (3 finger rule)
4. No adjustments to T-shirts
5. No visible undergarments (male and female)
6. No clothing with innappropiate logos, sayings, and pictures that address/display: sexual context, substance abuse, violence, profanity, innappropiate referance to nationality, race, or gender is to be worn.
7. No hats, bandannas, or pajamas are permitted inside the school except on designated spirit days.
8. For safety, all jewelery must be removed and all shoe laces must be tied for athletic activites
9. Pants must be worn at proper height on the hips

Don't you think some of these rules are pointless? What is your dress code?

I'll compare mine to yours:
1. same
2. these are allowed
3. I would say same except for the stomach part
4. I don't believe this is a rule
5. Of course, this is upheld
6. I would think this is one
7. I'm going to save this for later, there's a story
8. Yes, I think this is a thing
9. I don't think was ever a problem, but I think it's a thing

Okay, so number 7. There is a rule against hats (which I am going to try and do something about) and pajamas, but I have a story about the bandannas. So, when my sister was in high school, she would always wear this bandanna, she was really attached to it. However, one day the school board of the state made a rule saying that you couldn't wear bandannas because of gang violence. There were no gangs in our town however, so it kind of ridiculous here. So, my sister kept wearing her's. The teachers would see her wearing it, tell her to take it off, and she would. Then she would turn a corner and put it back on. Eventually, the teachers stopped caring and just let her wear it. This experience actually helped her get into college. Laugh

well would you look at the time its time to gay
12-18-2016 05:41 AM
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

We had a uniform from KG to 12th grade.

Every single one was awful.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
12-19-2016 01:12 AM
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 84 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(01-13-2013 01:28 PM)HeartoftheNorth Wrote:  And none of that applies to the teachers at all.
Yay,that's well...

Hidden stuff:
"CONSENSUAL incest is not wrong. (Abuse victims: being abused by a relative does not make it wrong for others to have consensual incest, any more than rape by a stranger makes all sex wrong. Sex and assault/molestation are two different things.) An aversion became common in humans that aided in population growth as one disease couldn't wipe out the human race. That's not a problem anymore.

Consensual incest is very common. You know people who have been involved, whether you know it or not.

There is no rational reason for keeping laws or taboos against consensual
incest that is consistently applied to other relationships. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in what I call consanguinamory, not why someone else shouldn't do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. Youthful experimentation between close relatives close in age is not uncommon, and there are more people than you'd think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative. It isn't for everyone, but we're not all going to want to have each others' love lives, now are we? If someone thinks YOUR love life is disgusting, should you be thrown in prison?

Some people try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and
marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say "Your sibling should not be your lover." That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family." There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn't a good reason either. Let consenting adults love each other the way they want!"-Keith Pullman

12-20-2016 08:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RLA teacher violates Code of Conduct SeReNiTY 5 3,041 04-26-2014 10:02 AM
Last Post: Trar
  7-year-old's hairdo changes school dress code HawkbitAlpha 1 2,322 09-11-2013 11:02 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Stupid dress code rule azlemegahottie 39 13,728 02-26-2013 06:25 PM
Last Post: AnonBrony
Rainbow Dress codes! FortyThreeTurtles 12 6,323 01-13-2013 10:45 AM
Last Post: HeartoftheNorth
  Dress code crazymonkey 39 7,918 07-13-2011 05:19 AM
Last Post: crazymonkey
  How to bend the dress code? TheOmegaJuggalo 26 13,329 05-05-2010 03:29 PM
Last Post: AWOL
  The Dress Code Thread returnal 102 16,262 09-22-2008 06:23 AM
Last Post: Captain_Katiakicz
  Code names for grade levels? SoulRiser 11 3,503 08-24-2008 07:37 AM