RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When did you start feeling hatred towards school?
Reflect Offline
Rebel

Given 6 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

For me, high-school.

Everything just got so bad when I've reached high school. Teachers..meh...they suck the life out of you with expressions on their face that says ''fuck..kill me now, i hate teens''.
And I realized that I only learn how to memorize things so I can pass the test, and not actually LEARN. Even though I do get some stuff (like algebra, subjects in science) tough I know they will NOT help me in life or in anything that I plan for. I even question my teacher, and he replied with ''because it's the state's requirements''..

sigh..
So what about you guys?
01-02-2013 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Slick Offline
Shattered

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

I started hating it ever since I first went. But not so much as High School, that was hell compared
to the earlier years. At least I had some fun and memorable stuff during Elementary and Junior High.

Quote:Slick's Mental Health Status
[Image: Q9YKMxA.gif?1]
01-02-2013 10:46 AM
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

6th grade,its when i realized its a forced day care insitutionalized to make us stupid

School isnt as bad as you think
01-02-2013 11:00 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

At the start of Summer, I was looking up puberty as it was drawing close, then middle school or maybe it was the other away around but the order doesn't matter, and then I was looking up anti-school and found this site. That's at least where it all started and makes me who I am today.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
01-02-2013 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
RE: When did you start feeling hatred towards school?

I always hated going to school, but it was just kiddie reasons because I didn't want to and crap.

But then during 8th grade I got mad in some people and googled school sucks and here I am.
01-03-2013 05:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

Elementary, I just hated going and waking up early. You know, but I went because my mom said I had to. Middle school I still went, but got more sicker as the years progressed for unknown reasons. Still hated it because my social life sucked. I was an honor student but I hated the people. I barely had any friends up until the end of 8th grade—then I lost communication with almost all of them.

High school is really when the ball started rolling. I ended up googling stuff along the lines of "anti-school", and now I'm here. I'm glad to be apart of the revolution.

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
01-03-2013 05:19 AM
Proyogs Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

5th grade, my mom homeschooled me that year, but then I was still sent to middle school.
01-03-2013 05:46 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

I've hated school since day 1. I only found out my hatred was justified a few months ago.
01-03-2013 06:22 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

I have a feeling everyone got here by googling school sucks.
01-03-2013 09:10 AM
 Thanks given by: GreenLamp
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Ever since 5th grade. Before your were in 5th grade, if you got one or two bad grades, you would be grounded for about maybe one week. But in 6th or 5th grade no computer/ calling friends/video games for a week. I want to work at the Cookie Dough Bites factory when I grow up because cookie dough tastes good. XD

[Image: IDuOzDROxDZi6DuQvGRJx][Image: dragonite.gif][Image: IDuJcDvO1FRQ6DuQvGRJx] I used to be ShayminSky!
01-03-2013 11:27 AM
La Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

When I was little. It started feeling more like a place I had to be in than the place I wanted to be in for my future. I was a shy one. So nobody talked to me. I was awkward and people noticed. I started to dislike school when it was something I was forced into.
01-03-2013 03:35 PM
Electronagon Offline
Cybernet Model 101

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I used to love school. No kidding. I even used to wake my parents up if they slept in late so they could take me to school -.-

I don't know exactly when I started, but it was once when I got a detention and just suddenly thought 'Wtf is the actual point of this'

Hidden stuff:

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=4560839182713275&am...e4e0c18eeb]
Find the I.

[Image: shooting-two-guns.gif][Image: tommy-submachine-gun.gif]

Fight the power! Pirate
01-04-2013 02:41 PM
greywolf Offline
Rebel

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

(01-03-2013 09:10 AM)AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Wrote:  I have a feeling everyone got here by googling school sucks.

I got here by googling "fuck you school" lol

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian
01-09-2013 05:16 PM
Bob42 Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I started hating school since the beginning. I got here by googling school sucks.
01-11-2013 10:06 AM
Kundalini Offline
(Divine Consiousness)

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I got here while googling school sucks and I've been hating it ever since the 8th grade. If you've read my thread, you'd know that I am an outcast and I've been gettin a reputation that I'm a Columbiner or a wannabe school shooter because I wear black and listen to Marilyn Manson. I haven't, however, contemplated to bring sawn off shotguns to school. I'm a sophomore now, pure hell.

Cool story, bro. Tell it again.
01-11-2013 02:17 PM
тωιѕтє∂ Offline
Revolutionary

Given 34 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

(01-02-2013 09:16 AM)Reflect Wrote:  For me, high-school.

Everything just got so bad when I've reached high school. Teachers..meh...they suck the life out of you with expressions on their face that says ''fuck..kill me now, i hate teens''.
And I realized that I only learn how to memorize things so I can pass the test, and not actually LEARN. Even though I do get some stuff (like algebra, subjects in science) tough I know they will NOT help me in life or in anything that I plan for. I even question my teacher, and he replied with ''because it's the state's requirements''..

sigh..
So what about you guys?

I'm in middle school now and I had to switch schools because I'm so called "gifted" and the work at my old school was too easy. I would get bored and get in trouble A LOT and it wasn't good. I would always complain about the school to get some of the anger off of me.
But my friends were there. Everyone was just like me, retaining their youth and being silly.

But even though my new school is up to my standards, it is still bad. I still annoy people, don't pay attention in class, etc. But what makes it worse is the fact that everyone is FUCKING STUPID. Pardon my swearing, but people are complaining about not having boyfriends, everyone is such a goody goody, and I hate over half the people in it.

Moral: All school suck, just choose the ones best for your education.

Quote: The grass is always greener on the other side.

Twisted The Twisted Smiley Belongs To Twisted Twisted

"Treat every problem as a challenge, not a dead end. And treat every question like an obstacle worthy of your effort." -my friend's wise Asian father (Sounds better in Chinese)

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE AND NOTICEABLE
01-12-2013 05:17 AM
NightHawk877 Offline
Resident Android guru

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I started hating school when I was in high school. It sucked. Some of the rules were there for ridiculous reasons. Reasons I will not discuss. I even had certain senior privileges I let underclassmen use because I found them to be ridiculous. I had no freedom. I got active in the student council because I wanted a way to tell the school how I felt about some of the rules. I successfully ran for and won the position as one of the representatives for two terms. I was the vice president for one year and then became president during my final and most hated year of high school. I managed to make a few compromises on certain rules and end most of the ridiculous rules.
01-12-2013 02:26 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

1st grade because my teacher was an abusive racist bitch.

Afterwards, I couldn't stand the stupid rules, standing and reciting the nation's hymn and praying outside every day (this was in South America), and the obvious compulsoryness.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 03:55 PM by LOON_ATTIC.)
01-12-2013 03:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  At What Age Did You Start To Think School Was Wrong ? Unwilling_Authority 91 37,641 06-24-2017 09:54 AM
Last Post: Sunflower
Star A Beka's hatred for set theory HawkbitAlpha 2 3,378 09-25-2015 02:54 AM
Last Post: magikarp
  Can I just quit school before i even start? Night 14 3,940 07-20-2014 04:37 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Skipping school and feeling of guilt. 1312 1 2,664 09-13-2013 06:50 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Your life won't start before you finish school Luizao876 6 4,473 12-09-2011 07:25 AM
Last Post: Absnt
  school's gonna start 2 in 2 days. mdsjkxeqp fidyfeo 9 4,070 01-10-2011 09:46 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  My hatred of my fellow school mates. (RANT) W.O.L.F.P.A.N.Z.E.R 11 4,527 02-06-2010 08:48 AM
Last Post: Elfy
  The hatred of school and my life thinking of school.Writing Reptorian 5 3,505 12-19-2008 08:55 PM
Last Post: SoulRiser