RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] this thread is now about Voluble
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

yeah looks like voluble DID leave,you guys happy about it? like what did he do? you glad he left?

School isnt as bad as you think
12-02-2012 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1468 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
i feel like nobody cares bout me

I'm not glad he left. He had a legit problem and didn't even stand up for himself to prove that it was indeed a problem.

He shouldn't have had to, anyway. Unfortunately, some of our more prominent members are abrasive to anyone they could potentially be jealous of.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
12-02-2012 09:24 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
RE: i feel like nobody cares bout me

(12-02-2012 07:16 AM)Spartan117 Wrote:  yeah looks like voluble DID leave,you guys happy about it? like what did he do? you glad he left?
Yep, happy. Evil Did you read the WHOLE thread, word for word. He denied being lucky, and said my life was teen fiction repeatedly. IDK why he left, maybe people outside of highland park (a shitty self procalimed city within detroit that makes detroit look bad) accually get offended by curseing. Sorry, IDK how offended by curseing people get. People here say it all the time, and nobody even blinks if someone calls them a fuckhead and flips off at them.
12-02-2012 12:24 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

(12-02-2012 09:24 AM)DoA Wrote:  I'm not glad he left. He had a legit problem and didn't even stand up for himself to prove that it was indeed a problem.

He shouldn't have had to, anyway. Unfortunately, some of our more prominent members are abrasive to anyone they could potentially be jealous of.

His "problem" is his parents won't buy him what he wanted and instead buy things for themselves.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
12-02-2012 02:44 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(12-02-2012 02:44 PM)IamNoone Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 09:24 AM)DoA Wrote:  I'm not glad he left. He had a legit problem and didn't even stand up for himself to prove that it was indeed a problem.

His "problem" is his parents won't buy him what he wanted and instead buy things for themselves.
Does that not sound the least bit irritating?

12-02-2012 02:55 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Irritating, not serious, therefore a problem that barely warrants calling your parents "mean" and bitching in multiple threads about it. It's something you get pissed at for a day and then say "lol #firstworldproblems" then move on.

12-02-2012 03:03 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(12-02-2012 03:03 PM)IamNoone Wrote:  #firstworldproblems
#arestillproblems

12-02-2012 03:32 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Did you even read the post or just pick the only part you are capable of formulating a response to, recontextualize it, and respond?

12-02-2012 03:38 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(12-02-2012 03:03 PM)IamNoone Wrote:  Irritating, not serious, therefore a problem that barely warrants calling your parents "mean" and bitching in multiple threads about it. It's something you get pissed at for a day and then say "lol #firstworldproblems" then move on.
If something irritates you, you'd have to be hopelessly apathetic not to take it seriously. Problems warrant solutions, or at least support in coming up with one. If your parents have a rich lifestyle but leave you poor while you're in their custody, that would likely get you pissed off for more than a day.

I think the real problem here is that y'all ganged up on him, even though he was clearly in search of emotional support. He thought he was in the right (and very well could have been), but was needlessly attacked.

12-02-2012 05:07 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , Night
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:If something irritates you, you'd have to be hopelessly apathetic not to take it seriously. Problems warrant solutions, or at least support in coming up with one. If your parents have a rich lifestyle but leave you poor while you're in their custody, that would likely get you pissed off for more than a day.

I think the real problem here is that y'all ganged up on him, even though he was clearly in search of emotional support. He thought he was in the right (and very well could have been), but was needlessly attacked.
THIS THIS THIS.

Why is this so difficult for some people to understand? The entire damn point of these forums, the entire reason I made them is for EMOTIONAL SUPPORT. I get really really pissed off when people are needlessly mean towards anyone here. If you can't be supportive, then just please shut the fuck up and don't say anything at all.

Sig quote:
"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-03-2012 05:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Night , Ky , Asder Miller The Second
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

So Voluble left, I haven't exactly read this so called "thread"???
What is this all about?
12-04-2012 04:07 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

It was kinda 2 threads... originally. They got split a lot. But the originals are here:
http://forums.school-survival.net/showth...?tid=27954
http://forums.school-survival.net/showth...?tid=27958

For the splits... just follow the trail of hate in the Frag Arena I guess.

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
12-05-2012 12:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Ooooo, yes I remember now, I think I commented something there, and yes there were a couple of studs/bitches there.
12-05-2012 03:38 AM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)

@ soulriser, ppl should stop worshipping the dalai lama http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRXFyOh6yzQ
12-07-2012 07:50 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Potato, make a new thread and express yourself.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 12:27 AM by LiptomaticMate.)
12-08-2012 12:26 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

It's a quote. A good one. I don't care who said it or what anyone else thinks about that person (which I know nothing about).

Hidden stuff:
12-08-2012 01:43 AM
 Thanks given by: LiptomaticMate , Ky
Ky Offline
Shadow

I found this really thoughtful and philosophical quote by a guy who did not want to be judged by how one avoids death, and I felt inclined to agree.

He was known as Osama bin Laden. Go figure. I guess it really doesn't matter where quotes come from.

12-08-2012 07:32 AM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)

i don't care about the quote, i'm just trying to kill off some of his undeserved fame
12-10-2012 07:49 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

RE: [split] this thread is now about Voluble

(12-10-2012 07:49 AM)Potato Wrote:  i don't care about the quote, i'm just trying to kill off some of his undeserved fame
Don't bother; lots of people had undeserved fame, including, but not limited to, Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln (and that's saying something), and basically anyone whose last name starts with "K" and ends with "-ardashian".

12-10-2012 09:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] Steve Hein's Thread xcriteria 1 1,021 05-21-2013 01:08 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  [split] Steve Hein's Thread xcriteria 0 616 05-20-2013 06:42 AM
Last Post: xcriteria
  (Faby's thread split) poorfaby.gif gore goroth 0 2,070 05-10-2012 07:42 AM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Mis-split thread spacejunkie 35 3,327 10-21-2011 06:10 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  split from 'most controversial opinions' thread Rebelnerd 9 1,522 10-07-2008 08:23 AM
Last Post: thewake