RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attending School as a Psychic
ContinuityMistake Offline
Rebel

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi everyone! I would like to talk for awhile about my personal school experience, which hasn't exactly been pleasant (but hey, who actually enjoys school?).

To me, school has felt soul-sucking. Sitting in a classroom, going over things I've taught myself years ago, filling out endless piles worksheets that don't actually hold any significance... I can just feel energy draining of my body. I don't want to analyze one-dimensional characters in a Young Adult novel, I don't want to be locked in a building for 8 hours with no glimpse of the sun, I don't want teachers grading my artwork and I don't even understand how they can evaluate something so subjective. Basically, school has sucked. But what else can you expect from an organization that exists for the sole reason of conditioning young minds?

I've always felt a draw to spirituality, philosophy and human nature. I want to see the bigger picture, I want to know why we are here and why people behave the way they do. Over the past several months, my spiritual awareness has been increasing. I've learned to see auras and with that came seeing spiritual beings. At first, I was still skeptical of what I was seeing. Maybe it WAS just a trick of the eye or my contacts messing up but then, I met my best friend. She is really talented in seeing things and with meeting her I got validation for my abilities.

I would be staring off in the distance, silent and in awe of an orange orb or whatever and then she would pipe up and describe exactly what I was seeing without me saying a word. It was nice to have that confirmation. Since my enlightenment, I've been able to astral project, had prophetic dreams/visions, learned I am empathic and have seen/experienced/dealt with ghosts, demons, angels, spirit guides and auras of people and plants.

Unfortunately, my increasing sensitivity has made the school environment almost unbearable. I have to wake up early everyday to meditate before school because if I don't then I'll end up sucking in everyone else's energy (a lot of which is negative) and that has many adverse effects. Just being around so many people makes me fatigued, ungrounded and a bit of my identity is lost each day.

And that's just the general social environment.

When it comes to actual classes, I feel uninspired and antsy. I can't focus on the work that is presented in front of me, I have no motivation to get good grades. In a way, I wish I did care a little, it would make school much easier, but I just don't have that ambition for school. I feel there are so many other ways I should be spending my time. Instead of reading about biology in a stupid textbook (I hate how they make such an interesting subject so boring!) I want to be creating art of some kind, I want to be inspiring the world, I want to be learning about reincarnation or energy healing or learning to see other dimensions... but school is not the place to do those things.

I am entertaining the idea of dropping out when I turn sixteen and then getting my GED, but I am not sure how well that will work out. (If anyone has a personal experience doing so, then I would LOVE to hear it!)

But enough about me now! I would like to thank everyone who has waded through reading this rant. Haha. I would like to hear your experiences, especially if anyone has experience with being a spiritually-focused person in a conventionally-minded organization.

Also, I am new here, so hello! Nutter

"And I get so blue when I'm stuck all day in school
And I stare at the back of my old notebook
And the teacher gives me a dirty look
And I've got just one thing on my mind
No matter how hard I try and try
I feel like someone else"

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 03:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
RE: Attending School as a Psychic

Welcome! And you are 100% right, school sucks ass! Try to just get through school, bare fucking minimum. I reccommend writing random answers that mildly have to do with the subjects into homework blanks. I have no idea about your seeing anglesand stuff, probally becauss I am agnostic (dont believe in the existance or unexistance of god or anything, basically neutral) but I am perfectly fine with others believein whatever they want to. School is terrible, I agree that it sucks the energy right outta you. Try to sleep in the classes with teachers to lazy to get you in trouble.
11-10-2012 04:26 AM
Rebel

Hi! Nice to meet you! The bare-minimum route is certainly a good one, but having to go school at all is rough. Personally, I've found school is much more bearable when I take Adderall and drink a shit-load of caffeine. Goingcrazy I just can't afford medication right now, unfortunately.

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 05:25 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

*waiting for sociopath to fight with tyou*

Welcome. I have been trying to astral project for a while, but I just can't. Any tips?
Also, because you sound like you have the same interests 'cept for the art, I would strongly recommend reading Ender's game. And be careful with understanding human nature, the temptation to manipulate people becomes too great. Once you REALLY understand human nature, you begin to lose yourself, wonder who you are, and if you are truly free or just a product of the world around you. Its a sad and very alone place to be in, because no one else around you really understands it.

Also, what state do you live in?

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
11-10-2012 06:31 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Hey there!

I know what you mean about crowds of people sucking the energy right out of you, I get that too. I'm also somewhat empathic, I can sort of sense what other people are feeling to some extent. I don't see ghosts or angels or anything though. I think that would scare the crap out of me anyway... Giggle

Isn't astral projection kinda hard? I read that it's hard to actually get away from your body. I think I started to project once, but then I didn't quite get it right (I wasn't actually doing it on purpose), and then had the most epic lucid dream ever after that, flying about in space and stuff.

Are you familiar with these sites?
http://www.erinpavlina.com/
http://www.psychicbutsane.com/
Some cool articles there. In particular, you might want to look up ones about shielding yourself from negativity and stuff.

What are your parents like? How do they feel about school, psychic stuff and would they be willing to consider homeschooling?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-10-2012 07:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel

(11-10-2012 06:31 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  *waiting for sociopath to fight with tyou*

Welcome. I have been trying to astral project for a while, but I just can't. Any tips?
Also, because you sound like you have the same interests 'cept for the art, I would strongly recommend reading Ender's game. And be careful with understanding human nature, the temptation to manipulate people becomes too great. Once you REALLY understand human nature, you begin to lose yourself, wonder who you are, and if you are truly free or just a product of the world around you. Its a sad and very alone place to be in, because no one else around you really understands it.

I don't want to fight with anyone. I completely respect his beliefs if they are different than mine, so I expect him to respect mine as well.

1. Astral Projection- Both times were on accident. The first time, I was getting used to everything and it was very weird. It was most testing the waters, walking around my house, moving in and out of rooms etc. The second time I went to a stranger's house and we had sex. it was actually completely amazing. The best sex I've ever had (which is kind of sad if you think about it. Haha). It is a very strange experience. Much different from dreaming because you actually are walking around. It's also easier to keep track of. Things are in chronological order and it makes sense.

Tips? I guess just be open to the experience, stay calm, fear will automatically end the session. Start somewhere you know well, work on moving around and going through doors. Mostly, have fun! That's important. Good luck!

2. I am completely aware of the temptation of manipulation. A year ago, a couple bad things happened to me. I was molested in my sleep, my friend didn't believe me and I found out the guy who I was completely in love with was cheating on me. It was a lot thrown at me at once and I became very depressed. With that, I became very cynical of people. Since I did know a lot about how humans work, I did become manipulative. I desensitized my conscience and I lost myself for awhile. It was terrifying that soon I didn't care who I was hurting. Which is the polar opposite of how i am now.

Luckily, that only lasted for a month. There was still a sane spot in my brain that was able to bring myself back. Now, of course I'm aware that being cynical is seeing things from a limited perspective and that that mentality is silly and dangerous. I will never venture back in those waters again. Also, I don't want to hurt anyone or make anyone do anything they don't want to. I would hate if someone did that to me.

I don't really feel like I am a part of this world. I have always been different in a way, more like I'm supposed to help everyone on the earth. I've had total strangers, even adults, approach me out of nowhere and start telling me all their problems and then ask me for advice. I really want to be able to help people in a more global sense. I've been trying to figure out how. I'm thinking something along the lines of writing or public speaking.

Thank you for the book recommendation! I'll totally check it out. I live in a small town in Florida. Ugh. What about you?

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 08:10 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , IamNoone
Rebel

(11-10-2012 07:41 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Hey there!

I know what you mean about crowds of people sucking the energy right out of you, I get that too. I'm also somewhat empathic, I can sort of sense what other people are feeling to some extent. I don't see ghosts or angels or anything though. I think that would scare the crap out of me anyway... Giggle

Isn't astral projection kinda hard? I read that it's hard to actually get away from your body. I think I started to project once, but then I didn't quite get it right (I wasn't actually doing it on purpose), and then had the most epic lucid dream ever after that, flying about in space and stuff.

Are you familiar with these sites?
http://www.erinpavlina.com/
http://www.psychicbutsane.com/
Some cool articles there. In particular, you might want to look up ones about shielding yourself from negativity and stuff.

What are your parents like? How do they feel about school, psychic stuff and would they be willing to consider homeschooling?

Psychic/empathic abilities are like any other skill you want to develop- you need to practice practice, practice. There are a lot of exercises you can do to increase your awareness and after the initial learning stuff is out the way, it starts to come naturally. The reason why I can see spiritual beings is because I choose to. If you decide to become open to the idea of it, then you will start too. It won't be thrust upon you or anything. For the most part, spirits will want to respect your boundaries. If you are truly afraid, you won't see anything. Fear inhibits psychic abilities. With this stuff, I've had to learn to become really courageous, even when really scary stuff happens.

I've seen my friend become possessed by a demon. It was terrifying, her eyes went dead and her voice completely changed. She also had this look on her face of self-satisfied evil. A look she couldn't duplicate after the possession was over.
When she was possessed, it was trying get her to hurt herself, cut her wrists and suffocate her. I found out to exorcise it, I had to stare into her eyes (even if that involves holding the eye lids open) and scream "I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU. LEAVE NOW!" That's when she came back. It was like someone switched a flip and she just started bawling. She said she felt like she was burning up in hell and that she couldn't breathe or control anything.

I've also seen the same demon chasing me down a dirt path at night. I was also.... in an altered state if you will, so it was THAT much more terrifying. But really, you just have to stand up and demand control over the situation. Things can only hurt you if you let them.

That's really cool about flying in space! I love the sky, I've only been to earthly places when I have astral projected. It was easy for me because it was accidental. (I talked more in depth about it in a reply to someone else on this thread.)

Thanks for the links! No, I didn't know of those sites before. It's always cool to get more resources. Biggrin

My mother isn't in my life but my dad is pretty cool. He doesn't know much about my abilities because I feel his thinking is to conventional to really accept what I see. He doesn't really care what I believe in, he's cool with whatever I want to do, I just feel awkward talking to him about that stuff.

My older sister is more of my support system. She has psychic abilities too, so we do a lot of this stuff together. It's great! She's also very into unschooling and alternate learning.

My dad knows I'm not too fond of school and we've been thinking about homeschooling, my problem is motivation. I have to work on that.

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 08:33 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Perhaps you are observing your own idiocy rather than spirits.

Read some thermodynamics or organic chemistry.
11-10-2012 09:11 AM
Rebel

(11-10-2012 09:11 AM)zagix Wrote:  Perhaps you are observing your own idiocy rather than spirits.

Read some thermodynamics or organic chemistry.

I don't understand why you have to be negative. I'm not forcing my beliefs on you, in fact I encourage you to think for yourself. I don't think it is necessary to bring insults into the mix when we can calmly discuss, and embrace, our differences like adults.

Or we don't even need to discuss them if you don't have a positive thing to say. Also, you don't know what I have seen, please do not act like you have. I will not act like I know you or what your experiences are, because I know I don't.

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 09:16 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
zagix Offline
Banned

I am not being negative. Your idiocy is delusion, and studying logical science will help stimulate the logical parts of your mind. After that, please free yourself from your psychosis and truly understand yourself
11-10-2012 09:25 AM
Rebel

(11-10-2012 09:25 AM)zagix Wrote:  I am not being negative. Your idiocy is delusion, and studying logical science will help stimulate the logical parts of your mind. After that, please free yourself from your psychosis and truly understand yourself

And that is your perspective. Your perspective is certainly valid but so is mine. We are both entitled to our opinions.

- Danny Elfman Fu
11-10-2012 09:26 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

I just suggest you follow my steps outlined in the book recommendation thread I posted. I'll have a PDF on there soon.
11-10-2012 09:33 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I've seen my friend become possessed by a demon. It was terrifying, her eyes went dead and her voice completely changed. She also had this look on her face of self-satisfied evil. A look she couldn't duplicate after the possession was over.
That sounds freaky as hell... how do you know it was the same one that was chasing you?

Quote:My mother isn't in my life but my dad is pretty cool. He doesn't know much about my abilities because I feel his thinking is to conventional to really accept what I see. He doesn't really care what I believe in, he's cool with whatever I want to do, I just feel awkward talking to him about that stuff.
Makes sense. It's kind of hard to talk about stuff with people who aren't open to said stuff.

Quote:My older sister is more of my support system. She has psychic abilities too, so we do a lot of this stuff together. It's great! She's also very into unschooling and alternate learning.
Awesome Smile

Quote:My dad knows I'm not too fond of school and we've been thinking about homeschooling, my problem is motivation. I have to work on that.
'Motivation' is pretty broad... how 'bout unschooling instead? That takes care of that problem. Smile

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
11-10-2012 09:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Continuity Mistake, Can you tell me what you mean about seeing all that stuff? I am just curious what it was like, because I have never seen anything like that. And its nice that you have a sister who you have a lot in common with and a dad who lets you believe what you want. I just live with my guinea pig. My dad died when I was 5 bit I still fully remember everything about him and really miss him. My mom abused me (tied me to things, hit me, broken my ankle and ruptured my achilles by kicking me really hard, smacked me with a crowbar, ect). In september 2012 she was stuffed in jail. My building burned down on halloween and my mom escaped from jail and tied me to the bed before it began to burn and I survived. Barely. (story is in thread "I fuckin hate detroit, under school talk and venting). Now I am in a homeless shelter with my guinea pig and afraid my mom will come and kill me. First group of cops sent after her chickend out and fled, second group (of 20) havent gotten back. From first group I heard she had a hugh double barrel gun and she tried to shoot them, and she was caught with a sack of marijuana (she is a drug dealer). You are lucky about your sister and dad.
11-10-2012 11:30 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

(11-10-2012 08:10 AM)ContinuityMistake Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 06:31 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  *waiting for sociopath to fight with tyou*

I don't want to fight with anyone. I completely respect his beliefs if they are different than mine, so I expect him to respect mine as well.

1. Astral Projection- Both times were on accident. The first time, I was getting used to everything and it was very weird. It was most testing the waters, walking around my house, moving in and out of rooms etc. The second time I went to a stranger's house and we had sex. it was actually completely amazing. The best sex I've ever had (which is kind of sad if you think about it. Haha). It is a very strange experience. Much different from dreaming because you actually are walking around. It's also easier to keep track of. Things are in chronological order and it makes sense.

Tips? I guess just be open to the experience, stay calm, fear will automatically end the session. Start somewhere you know well, work on moving around and going through doors. Mostly, have fun! That's important. Good luck!

2. I am completely aware of the temptation of manipulation. A year ago, a couple bad things happened to me. I was molested in my sleep, my friend didn't believe me and I found out the guy who I was completely in love with was cheating on me. It was a lot thrown at me at once and I became very depressed. With that, I became very cynical of people. Since I did know a lot about how humans work, I did become manipulative. I desensitized my conscience and I lost myself for awhile. It was terrifying that soon I didn't care who I was hurting. Which is the polar opposite of how i am now.

Luckily, that only lasted for a month. There was still a sane spot in my brain that was able to bring myself back. Now, of course I'm aware that being cynical is seeing things from a limited perspective and that that mentality is silly and dangerous. I will never venture back in those waters again. Also, I don't want to hurt anyone or make anyone do anything they don't want to. I would hate if someone did that to me.

I don't really feel like I am a part of this world. I have always been different in a way, more like I'm supposed to help everyone on the earth. I've had total strangers, even adults, approach me out of nowhere and start telling me all their problems and then ask me for advice. I really want to be able to help people in a more global sense. I've been trying to figure out how. I'm thinking something along the lines of writing or public speaking.

Thank you for the book recommendation! I'll totally check it out. I live in a small town in Florida. Ugh. What about you?
I live in NJ
I meant how do you even leave your body in the first place?
I got close once but then I got excited and messed up : /
I have tried the no moving thing and deep meditation, but they both fail me.
if you really want to help people, look into psychology as a career. Nothing works better then 1 on 1. otherwise, people listen, like the message, and do nothing about it. When the contact is direct, they feel more of an obligation to listen, and there is a sense of connection that makes them believe you more and makes them more open to advice, more likely to listen and not want to let you down.

11-11-2012 03:52 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I meant how do you even leave your body in the first place?
I've read that it helps to get good at lucid dreaming first. Also, sleep paralysis comes in handy as well (though that in itself can be kinda freaky if you let it be). Not that I've managed to do it on purpose either.

Hidden stuff:
11-11-2012 07:10 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

All my dreams are lucid or so realistic I confuse them for memories. I can do WILDs whenever I feel like it, I practice that on weekends a lot. I've read up on everything a lot, I just can't do it,

11-11-2012 11:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  8th Grade Out! Take a gap year instead of attending 8th grade? xcriteria 0 2,746 03-18-2015 07:53 AM
Last Post: xcriteria