RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro School Week Finished - Completed
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Hi everyone!

So I thought that it would be best to make a new thread, I think this would be the best official completion thread event news thingy.

So basically, for those of you who haven't read my previous posts, this was simply an experiment where I prioritized school as number 1. I listened in class, I rose my hand, I answered questions, I practiced before tests, and I did everything I had to do to get A, and A in school. That was actually all to it. Hope you find it entertaining to read.

The actual thread starts.

So throughout this week, I have been quite a bit emotionally, up and down, and honestly it has been quite some experience to see how ahem ahem it is. I must say that I think it was worth it, because it thought me a couple of things.
I am not going to mention them all, but I have learned stuff, if you want more detailed info about that, just ask for it below.

I was unable to write about day 3,4,5 because school took just too much of my time, my bad sorry :(
HERE is the complete log file:

Day 1. Day number one; Today it has been quite easy to listen and be consistent with homework and tests etc. I didn't have a problem, I can almost say I had slightly fun, avoiding all the resistance. The day was smooth, quick and easy, nothing special really.

Day 2. Today we had a test, which I nailed - I think. I hope to get some good grade, but the was quite OK as well, because I think I nailed the presentation. The day was fine. However, I started getting kinda tired of the school things; homeworks, and etc.

Day 3. I woke up, almost depressed. I hadn't done anything which mattered to me personally and I started almost feeling ill. Seriously I thought, I went to school sad, but my mood changed quite fast when I arrived, I wanted to be consistent and finish this experiment. I felt like I wouldn't make it.

Day 4. This day went smoother than I would think because things were sort of fluent, I didn't struggle with much and things were kinda easy. The week soon was to end.

Day 5. Got an A+ on the presentation I nailed! BOOM! Biggrin School was soon to finish the day was easy.

So people, listen up. The log files above, are lacky and I know, but I didn't bother writing more- hey! I had homework to do...so.....fuck yeah!

Throughout this week, I have had a maximum of 1 hour each to to do my own stuff. I've spent approx 3 hours per day on school at home. Fuck fuck sadly yeah!

I did get an A+, and approved text and I did get a couple of "good (my name)", and It was comfortable to get that recognition. However, if it wasn't for the weekend I would go MAD, I'm telling ya I would go INSANE!!!!!!!!!

Not only did school take ALL 90 % of my time, but it was starting to break me both psychically and physically and damn you school, but I was thinking are you fucking kidding me. I talked with teachers, made them feel good about themselves, didn't discuss with them, just said yes, mhm, ok, fine, I'll do that. Come on!

I am back being hater of school and I honestly think that this is something everyone should do once in a while to remember and me remembered of how ridiculous it is. Hey I did get a A+ Fuck Yeah!! Biggrin Biggrin

Now, people I will add more details through replies, and not everything here, because the posts is long now.

MODE: SCHOOL HATER.
11-10-2012 12:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: sswbm
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

I didn't have time to try making music, play games, read books, write, work on website, develop mentally, enjoy life basically...
11-10-2012 12:28 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
RE: Pro School Week Finished - Completed

Just curious, why did you waste even a week on Trying in school? you obviously hated it, you had NO time for anything else. I always wonder, how do pro schoolers live. They spend their entire life, in and out of school and FUCKING SCHOOL! I think pro schoolers should be urged to spend a week being anti school, they will love it so much, they will never switch back!
11-10-2012 12:37 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Well, I guess you must have experienced this one time or another, but if you don't experience the contrasts from time to time, feelings and opinions start to fade. I did this because of three reasons. Because It gave me a chance to improve my grades in a short period of time, be reminded of how much I hated it and basically also learning some of the tricks, which I find very practicle, which I can use, when I'm in hatred mode as well. How are you by the way, it's been like three days since I last was here, because of the ahem ahem school fantasticos! ....... Smile
11-10-2012 01:45 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Also, I have to add, that being a hater of school isn't all easy peasy. It's definitely no peace. People find you dumb, incompetent, waste, trash, just some kind of social addon. That is also actually of one the unconscious reasons for why I did it.
If someone who has been pro schooler for years, suddenly was supposed to be an anti school person. He would struggle, not because it's easy to not do homework, but because it's an art to be able to deny and not care about school stuff and still enjoy every new day.
11-10-2012 01:50 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-10-2012 01:45 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  Well, I guess you must have experienced this one time or another, but if you don't experience the contrasts from time to time, feelings and opinions start to fade. I did this because of three reasons. Because It gave me a chance to improve my grades in a short period of time, be reminded of how much I hated it and basically also learning some of the tricks, which I find very practicle, which I can use, when I'm in hatred mode as well. How are you by the way, it's been like three days since I last was here, because of the ahem ahem school fantasticos! ....... Smile
Yeah, it must be a good reminder to how much it sucks ass. My principle has been stalking me and has followed me to the shelter and screamed t me to go to school. But I majoly grossed him out and ruined his new shoes and his whole outfit and some homeless lady hit him in the head with duct tape and now he is leaveing me alone. (full story is on "I fuckin hate detroit"). Just shows, if a principle is up your ass about somehing, just gross them out majorly. And get someone to hit them in the head.
11-10-2012 04:38 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

The problem is not, that getting that A+ was pure satisfaction even if I hate school, I must admit that it was great to see that number six :( I can't help it. a+, A+ AA++!!!!!
11-10-2012 05:26 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

HOW CAN AN A+ BE AN ACCOMPLISHMENT? It signifies that you have shamed yourself into trying!
11-10-2012 09:58 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

Do me a favor, Lipto, and don't give a flying fuck about your grades.

If you care about what a piece of paper says you are, you give others permission to judge you.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-10-2012 10:03 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

It's not that easy. Remember that parents also do care, I have to gen an job, and several people on this forum as well also think that if getting low grades you should get yourself together. I mean a try to not care about the low grades, but when I get an A+ Oh, my sweaty unerpants! You know? Pro school week is finished to next week will be hatred, but it was an experience. Next week we have 2-3 tests fucks sake.
11-10-2012 07:15 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-10-2012 07:15 PM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  It's not that easy. Remember that parents also do care, I have to gen an job, and several people on this forum as well also think that if getting low grades you should get yourself together. I mean a try to not care about the low grades, but when I get an A+ Oh, my sweaty unerpants! You know? Pro school week is finished to next week will be hatred, but it was an experience. Next week we have 2-3 tests fucks sake.
Since your parents are grade trolls, just cheat off the internet. Thats what I did before mom went to jail. Wear a long sleved shirt, and write test answers on your arm. Do something that isnt trying.
11-10-2012 10:40 PM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Let's compare it to my over 1 week of no school due to Hurricane Sandy.

First thing we did as a family was go to the Museum of Natural History. I took off Friday for this one. That place is amazing. They have the best fossils I've ever seen, and I LOVE dinosaurs. They have a large collection of artifacts from ancient civilizations; the African and Egyptian ones were interesting. We paid extra to enter this butterfly observatory, where you go in a big humid jungle-looking room so humid you can hardly breathe. Hundreds of neon butterflies fly around, licking fruit and mating everywhere (lol). I would live in that place if I could. Learning out the ass. So far, so good.

The weekend was spent doing what I like. I picked up a book and read a few pages. I played Minecraft and caught up with my internet friends. I spent time with my parents. I played with my brother. I had never been happier. Of course, I had a six page essay haunting me the entire week. That ruined the fun.

Next few days I spent learning about dogs. I read a book about dog psychology and educated myself about the breeds. I got on my laptop and started typing up a story, just for fun.

Me and my bro would use two mattresses to form little huts, where we would spend time together watching movies. I rediscovered this awesome gameboy cartridge called Yoshi's Island, amazing quality for its time. I watered my pet tree. I chewed gum.

This week and 1/2 was spent mostly doing what I loved. It was probably the happiest, most relaxed week of my life. I felt like a whole person again. It had high educational value and I learned just by having fun. Could've taught myself math if I had access to the internet, but the power was out pretty soon.

I spent my last few precious days laboring over a pointless essay and a math and social studies assignment.

SCREW SCHOOL
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 12:03 PM by GreenLamp.)
11-10-2012 11:19 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

I wish for an alternativeSmile
11-10-2012 11:24 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Alternatives are all around. All you have to do is search.

11-11-2012 07:18 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

SCHOOL SUCKS FUCKING ASS! I wish there was a free alternative that is free that is close enough to where I live.
11-11-2012 11:50 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ It's called the Internet, which you have some access to.

11-11-2012 11:57 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-11-2012 11:57 AM)DoA Wrote:  ^ It's called the Internet, which you have some access to.
But the fucking government will make me go to school anyways. And they are keeping an eye on me because I libe underaged by myself.
11-11-2012 12:11 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Alternatvies do not exist!!! Everything is based on school and paper. Money and rank. Hobbies, and potential is lost and pathetic to the society. Stop saying there are alternative, if there were I would have chosen one! Home schooling does not seem like something I would prefer. Rather unschooling, rather no school at all.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 01:09 AM by LiptomaticMate.)
11-12-2012 12:54 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ I tell you, I tell you, there are many, many alternatives. But THEY just don't want you to know what they are.

Ever heard of private schooling, charter schooling, homeschooling, unschooling, not schooling at all, finding entry-level jobs, using the Internet to learn, starting your own business, choosing to go to a community college later, or a combination of any of the above? That's only scratching the surface of all of the choices you have!

11-12-2012 06:55 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

All that has it's limitation. I don't know where you are going with this, but unscholling gives you a reduced plausibilty of getting a job, and I haven't heard of charter scholling, but all you have mentioned is based on typical "you do not understand". What about friends at school, parents opinions and feelings.
Starting my own buisness with no money, yeah right? homescholling is not appropriate for me. Private scholling seems high class and not interesting. Not going to school will give me very little possibilities in this world. Even though that is pathetic.
Which one of thehe alternatives have you chosen? If I may ask?
How old are you by the way, if I may ask?
11-12-2012 05:00 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ That is simply not true. Many successes are indeed high school dropouts. The key to being like them is not in following anyone's example, but forging your own.

You say every alternative has a limitation? Ignore limitations; nothing is impossible.

11-13-2012 09:27 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

OK, fine. You're capable I'm not.
You are also exploiting these alternatives in a good way?
Which one of them are you actually taking part in, and please link me a web-address to one internationally available one.
11-13-2012 03:12 PM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Depending on where you live, Zero Tuition college is an interesting 'program'

http://www.ztcollege.com/
And as for grades...

http://activistteacher.blogspot.com/2007...grade.html

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
11-14-2012 06:57 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

I'm considering the alternatives, but I have not actually taken one. I'm playing the game of school survival, but when it's said and done, school will need to survive me.

11-14-2012 11:02 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I actually hadn't read about this experiment before... it's a pretty interesting idea. Kind of like acting.

And yeah, all the alternatives require your parents approval, except for just slacking off completely and dropping out and getting a GED, but there are of course lots of side effects with that approach (yelling, disappointment, etc).

So yeah, there are lots of alternatives, but it's not quite that simple.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-15-2012 02:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: McGee!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Four-day school week can improve academic performance, study finds sswbm 24 9,199 08-31-2015 09:03 AM
Last Post: schoolsux
  1 week of no school djdkkkk 5 4,186 11-20-2012 11:05 PM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  1 week school pro only! LiptomaticMate 11 6,837 11-06-2012 07:49 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  Just finished my mid-year exams! :| Efs 0 1,930 06-16-2011 09:14 PM
Last Post: Efs
  In which I rage about the first week of school. Jordbaer 3 2,582 08-18-2010 04:55 PM
Last Post: Joey93
  Final Week(s) Of School!!!! cp 60 11,021 07-12-2009 06:27 AM
Last Post: random_name
  finished exams. Coma Girl 3 1,736 11-25-2008 08:25 PM
Last Post: Coma Girl
  Finally finished my graduation tests!!! HeartofShadows 5 1,838 02-09-2008 06:37 AM
Last Post: Darthmat
  wow first week of school and i already hate it mehateschool 25 4,972 08-20-2007 01:23 PM
Last Post: Abandoning Ship