RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
I fuckin hate detroit!
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: I fuckin hate detroit!

(11-23-2012 01:47 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  ^thank you. It helps to have someone to talk to on the internet, in real life I am scared of everyone. And it is nice to know that someone cares a tiny bit about what happens to you, especially to someone like me with no family but a guinea pig who will go near them who is alone in the world. I also felt the slightest bit cared about when I had been passed out or whatever you call it on some strangers floor for around a week, AAA was wondering if I was dead because of the fires. Close, but not yet. It was cool to know that if I had died, it would be acknowledged atleast by one person. It just means a lot to be acknowledged by anybody, even if it is a stranger on the internet. Better in my case, in real life I am scared of most people. I am known as "that kid under the bed" because I have hidden from many people under shelter beds and wrapped myself around the bottom structure of the bed and clung for dear life.
At least you still have your guinea pig. My kitty died last year. Its nice to have someone to talk to.

[Image: IDuOzDROxDZi6DuQvGRJx][Image: dragonite.gif][Image: IDuJcDvO1FRQ6DuQvGRJx] I used to be ShayminSky!
11-23-2012 02:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Oh man, I feel so bad for you about the kitty. Oh man, no clue what I would do if my piggy died, probally beg a gang to hang me and cut my throat. I am lucky I have her, she is great and gives me a reason to live. And I agree fully, talking to someone really helps. If you have any problems you nees to talk about, let me know. But if you are bitching about parents not buying a $900 computer for you like volueable, I wilk be brutally unsympathetic. But I will he sympathetic about stuff like cats dieing, too much homework, suicideal thoughts, ect.
11-23-2012 02:12 PM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-23-2012 02:12 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Oh man, I feel so bad for you about the kitty. Oh man, no clue what I would do if my piggy died, probally beg a gang to hang me and cut my throat. I am lucky I have her, she is great and gives me a reason to live. And I agree fully, talking to someone really helps. If you have any problems you nees to talk about, let me know. But if you are bitching about parents not buying a $900 computer for you like volueable, I wilk be brutally unsympathetic. But I will he sympathetic about stuff like cats dieing, too much homework, suicideal thoughts, ect.
Nah, I dont need a computer for myself, dad got anther family computer a long time ago. How did your piggy survive the fire?

[Image: IDuOzDROxDZi6DuQvGRJx][Image: dragonite.gif][Image: IDuJcDvO1FRQ6DuQvGRJx] I used to be ShayminSky!
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 12:55 AM by DragoniteSky.)
11-24-2012 12:52 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

^ Its good that your dad could afford a family computer, he must work somewhere better tgen a factory (correct me if i am wrong). That sounds like something my dad wouldvedome if he had the $. The pig survived because a few days before the fire, a man came into highlanf park who was saying that he would take small pets for free to his apartment in a far away better part of detroit. In other words, he knew that almost half of the still standing buildings would burn to the ground (he was right) and he knew that many people evacuating might leave pets behind. He said if we never return for the pets (in other words burn to death) he would care for them forever. And his building didnt burn, so I got my piggy back!
11-24-2012 02:05 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-24-2012 02:05 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  ^ Its good that your dad could afford a family computer, he must work somewhere better tgen a factory (correct me if i am wrong). That sounds like something my dad wouldvedome if he had the $. The pig survived because a few days before the fire, a man came into highlanf park who was saying that he would take small pets for free to his apartment in a far away better part of detroit. In other words, he knew that almost half of the still standing buildings would burn to the ground (he was right) and he knew that many people evacuating might leave pets behind. He said if we never return for the pets (in other words burn to death) he would care for them forever. And his building didnt burn, so I got my piggy back!

Actually my dad got layed off. And its nice that you got your piggy back.

11-24-2012 03:15 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

^oh man, that is a bummer. The bitch (mom) was unemployed most of he life because she kept stealing the stuff produced in the factory. Does your mom have a job? If not, have you been pawning shit you find in the dump for a living? Cuz thats what I do!
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 03:38 AM by SomeRandomHuman.)
11-24-2012 03:37 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-24-2012 03:37 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  ^oh man, that is a bummer. The bitch (mom) was unemployed most of he life because she kept stealing the stuff produced in the factory. Does your mom have a job? If not, have you been pawning shit you find in the dump for a living? Cuz thats what I do!

My mom and dad are thinking about starting a buisness. My mom sells cards.
Our old house got foreclosed so we live with my grandma.

11-24-2012 04:28 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

^ Starting a buisiness sounds cool. Luckilly, when dad was alive he made enough money to buy my house and have no morgage at all. But thats because apartments are cheap in highland park. But sadly the building burned down, so no apartment anymore. But the apartment cane with a guarantee that it would be replaced of it was burned down (most apartments in highland park come with that, burning is common, I have had to move 4 times because the buildings I lived in all got burned down.
11-24-2012 05:19 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-24-2012 05:19 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  ^ Starting a buisiness sounds cool. Luckilly, when dad was alive he made enough money to buy my house and have no morgage at all. But thats because apartments are cheap in highland park. But sadly the building burned down, so no apartment anymore. But the apartment cane with a guarantee that it would be replaced of it was burned down (most apartments in highland park come with that, burning is common, I have had to move 4 times because the buildings I lived in all got burned down.

They ALL burned down! Wow that must suck

11-24-2012 06:01 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Yes, 4 buildings burnt down. This is highland park, a self proclaimed city within detroit that is shitty in comparisson, what do I expect? In your area, is devils night (some call it hell night) an issue?
11-24-2012 12:52 PM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-24-2012 12:52 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Yes, 4 buildings burnt down. This is highland park, a self proclaimed city within detroit that is shitty in comparisson, what do I expect? In your area, is devils night (some call it hell night) an issue?

Not really.

11-24-2012 01:23 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Thats good, the whole of detroit isnt like highland park. So if I can never get out of detroit, maybe atleast outbof highkand park and go into a better part. I hope I will someday get out of detroit though.
11-24-2012 01:27 PM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-24-2012 01:27 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Thats good, the whole of detroit isnt like highland park. So if I can never get out of detroit, maybe atleast outbof highkand park and go into a better part. I hope I will someday get out of detroit though.

Yeah, you and me both.

11-25-2012 01:28 AM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)
I fuckin hate detroit!

pics or it didn't happen
11-25-2012 02:46 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-25-2012 01:28 AM)ShayminSky Wrote:  
(11-24-2012 01:27 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Thats good, the whole of detroit isnt like highland park. So if I can never get out of detroit, maybe atleast outbof highkand park and go into a better part. I hope I will someday get out of detroit though.

Yeah, you and me both.
Yep, that would be great. I HATE thus hellhole.
11-25-2012 02:53 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-25-2012 02:46 AM)Potato Wrote:  pics or it didn't happen
My ipod doesnt have a camera. And besides, I would never post a picture of myself on tge intenet. Did you hear facebook is selking to shops th ability to recignise faces?
11-25-2012 03:15 AM
Potato Offline
Pariah

I fuckin hate detroit!

^lol. cool story bro. you should become a fiction writer.
11-25-2012 03:25 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
I fuckin hate detroit!

*hands Potato a "King of the Assholes" crown*

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-25-2012 03:57 AM
Potato Offline
Pariah

I fuckin hate detroit!

"extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" your claim is ordinary, and you have all the evidence, so i guess i can believe you.
11-25-2012 04:07 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
I fuckin hate detroit!

Some things are so unbelievable a person can't make it up. Reality is crazier than fiction, we're just more used to reality.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
11-25-2012 04:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Potato Offline
Pariah

I fuckin hate detroit!

"Some things are so unbelievable a person can't make it up. Reality is crazier than fiction, we're just more used to reality."
^ congrats on your 666th post.

and yea a person can't just make up something like religion right?
11-25-2012 04:23 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-25-2012 03:57 AM)DoA Wrote:  *hands Potato a "King of the Assholes" crown*
THANK YOU DoA!
11-25-2012 05:46 AM
Potato Offline
Pariah

I fuckin hate detroit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudologia_fantastica

not saying that psychological terms mean all that much, but you're not the only one.

bottom line: pics or it didn't happen. simple as that.
11-25-2012 06:05 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

^king of assholes. Please dont kick a man when their down. In other words, my life already sucks balls, please dont irritate the shit out of me. If I get my hands on some pics, thy will get all over the internet and thats creepy. If you became homeless in highland park detroit and have a mom who wants you dead, you would understand. Whatever, I dont care if an asshole believes me or not, whatever, but it is true. Someday you will be in a similar situation an understand
11-25-2012 06:38 AM
Potato Offline
Pariah

I fuckin hate detroit!

"Please dont kick a man when their down. In other words, my life already sucks balls, please dont irritate the shit out of me."
^emotional blackmail isn't evidence. not saying that you have to convince me but...pics or it didn't happen.

oh and i'm not kicking a man when they're down because you said you were a girl
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 09:33 AM by Potato.)
11-25-2012 09:21 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

^I am not posting pics because someone I knew, not very well but she seemed kinda nice was kidnapped and raped then murderd. I hear its because she posted a picture of her alartment. I know, I am a girl, its an expression and saying "dont kick a girl when shes already down" sounds dumb to me. I just dont give a fuck if some troll who calls himself potatoe on the internet believes me or not. I am not emotionally blackmailing you.
11-25-2012 09:52 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-25-2012 06:05 AM)Potato Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudologia_fantastica

not saying that psychological terms mean all that much, but you're not the only one.

bottom line: pics or it didn't happen. simple as that.

Dude if you think someone is psycho then dont say it, its hurtful and offensive.
If you have hurtful remarks KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF.

11-25-2012 10:40 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , Ky
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I think along with voluble, potatoe will go on my ignore list. Someone please tell me if potatoe accually says anything I should give half a rats ass about (I doubt it, but you never know).
11-25-2012 01:07 PM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

(11-25-2012 03:57 AM)DoA Wrote:  *hands Potato a "King of the **Sarcasm" crown*
Fixed

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
11-25-2012 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-25-2012 02:23 PM)AtheistSpartanAnarchistPower Wrote:  
(11-25-2012 03:57 AM)DoA Wrote:  *hands Potato a "King of the **Sarcasm" crown*
Fixed
Good one.
11-25-2012 02:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post