RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
I fuckin hate detroit!
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
I fuckin hate detroit!

No, not that kind of embarrassment.

At worst, it's someone giving you a big, wet kiss on the cheek as you're dropped off at school, in full view of your (now laughing) classmates.

Luckily, such a thing has not happened to me.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-20-2012 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
RE: I fuckin hate detroit!

(11-20-2012 10:18 AM)DoA Wrote:  No, not that kind of embarrassment.

At worst, it's someone giving you a big, wet kiss on the cheek as you're dropped off at school, in full view of your (now laughing) classmates.

Luckily, such a thing has not happened to me.
Oh. I would accually like that, people would bukly me less hecause they wod kniw somebkdy cares aboyt me and might put an end to it. And I would feel loved, nkbody kissed me since I was 5 when dad was alive.
11-20-2012 10:20 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

I fuckin hate detroit!

^ No, people would bully you more, either out of jealousy or because that's just plain vulnerable.

Still, in your case, love would likely be worth it.

11-20-2012 10:32 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Yes it would. I am gonna try and sucker my aunt into kettingme come over. She is really religious and might believe nobody should be aline on xmas, so maybe I will try for then...
11-20-2012 10:37 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
I fuckin hate detroit!

Oh god, that actually happend !??! Your mom must be insane, if she didn't want you she could of put you in a foster home! I sadly live in
Detroit also. I hope that you get a shelter because abusive parents some times look for their "precious" child.
~Sky

[Image: IDuOzDROxDZi6DuQvGRJx][Image: dragonite.gif][Image: IDuJcDvO1FRQ6DuQvGRJx] I used to be ShayminSky!
11-20-2012 10:51 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

I fuckin hate detroit!

I hope your life gets better 4 you. No parent should treat their child like that

[Image: IDuOzDROxDZi6DuQvGRJx][Image: dragonite.gif][Image: IDuJcDvO1FRQ6DuQvGRJx] I used to be ShayminSky!
11-20-2012 11:01 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-20-2012 10:51 AM)ShayminSky Wrote:  Oh god, that actually happend !??! Your mom must be insane, if she didn't want you she could of put you in a foster home! I sadly live in
Detroit also. I hope that you get a shelter because abusive parents some times look for their "precious" child.
~Sky
Yeah, she is insane! You live in detroit also? I live in highland park detroit to be exact. I hope to escape detroit someday. But my mom wants to keel me to abuse. But luckilly she is in jail. Do you live in the rich or shitty part of detroit? Mom is in jail, so she cant. She shot at the po po! She esvaped jail! Detroit sucks ass! Someday, I hope to escape this hellhole! Did you hear that detroit may run outta $ in a few months? Its all over the news. But I am not too concerned, people have been putting out stuff like that for a good damn while. The state bails us out every time. The warning is probally BS
11-20-2012 11:51 AM
 Thanks given by: DragoniteSky
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Finally, another sane person in detroit. But are you in the shit poor dumpster diving drug dealing area, or the rich part?
11-20-2012 11:53 AM
 Thanks given by: DragoniteSky
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

And nobody would take me in a foster home, nobody wants a madly curseing teen from highland park who doesnt trust anyone in the least. People will think I am dangerouse because I am from highland park, they think I am like the average drug dealing gun holding moron like my mom. They think I will steal the tv and sell it to somebody. But I will not. I am the only sane person in highland park. The place is so much shittyer then the name! I reccomend you never even go in here, there are murders and rapeists everywhere!
11-20-2012 12:02 PM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-20-2012 11:51 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  
(11-20-2012 10:51 AM)ShayminSky Wrote:  Oh god, that actually happend !??! Your mom must be insane, if she didn't want you she could of put you in a foster home! I sadly live in
~Sky
Yeah, she is insane! You live in detroit also? I live in highland park detroit to be exact. I hope to escape detroit someday. But my mom wants to keel me to abuse. But luckilly she is in jail. Do you live in the rich or shitty part of detroit? Mom is in jail, so she cant. She shot at the po po! She esvaped jail! Detroit sucks ass! Someday, I hope to escape this hellhole! Did you hear that detroit may run outta $ in a few months? Its all over the news. But I am not too concerned, people have been putting out stuff like that for a good damn while. The state bails us out every time. The warning is probally BS

Well I dont know where exactly in Detroit I live in... But my parents dont under stand that...
1. My school (excuse my language) sucks a$$.
2. My 6th grade teacher is EVIL.
3. I got grounded from using the laptop for 2 weeks because of having a F on my report card ( Personallly I dont give a flying feck about grades. And
I'm using this laptop be saying "I have homework. On the the computer"
4. I'm sorta going crazy because of the stress of school, and daydream during class.
5. My life sucks.
Anyways... I highly think I may be in the getto side of Detroit. And HATE
Michigan. I'd personally want to live in Ohio, or Indiana.(Its so cool over there.) Lets hope that we both get out of here. I'll be sure to keep in touch.
~Sky

11-20-2012 12:08 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I am assuming where you are in detroit is slightly better then highland park (here is an article on it) http://exiledonline.com/slums-of-detroit...rted-city/
because:
1. You have a laptop (most people in highland park dont, I have an ipod my rich aunt sent me)
2. You beeped out the ss in ass, most people here swear like fiends.
By ghetto I mean like highland park. Here most of the street lights were removed, cant afford electricity bill. We have only charter schools as of this year, we cant afford public schools, so I have to go to somewhere else in detroit. And devils night is a big issue, my building was burned. And there are drug dealers everywhere. And shootings are common here, nowadays most arent reported. The whole of detroit is gjetto, I meant ghetto for detroit standards. I also hope we both get outta here. And yes, please keep it touch.
11-21-2012 09:03 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-21-2012 09:03 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  I am assuming where you are in detroit is slightly better then highland park (here is an article on it) http://exiledonline.com/slums-of-detroit...rted-city/
because:
1. You have a laptop (most people in highland park dont, I have an ipod my rich aunt sent me)
2. You beeped out the ss in ass, most people here swear like fiends.
By ghetto I mean like highland park. Here most of the street lights were removed, cant afford electricity bill. We have only charter schools as of this year, we cant afford public schools, so I have to go to somewhere else in detroit. And devils night is a big issue, my building was burned. And there are drug dealers everywhere. And shootings are common here, nowadays most arent reported. The whole of detroit is gjetto, I meant ghetto for detroit standards. I also hope we both get outta here. And yes, please keep it touch.
Oh wow, Highland Park is THAT bad? My street has abandoned houses aswell. Just not as much...It must really stink to live there, you said something about trying to stay with your aunt? Maybe you could tell her what happend and she could let you stay with her.
~ Sky

11-21-2012 10:52 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Yep, highland park is that bad. We make detroit look bad, witch is pretty sad considering how ghetto it is. And the whole of detroit has deserted houses, thats the way it is. I think I will ty to stay with my aunt. But the problem is her whiney ass daughter. She was whineing about her louis vuitton being late in the mail when she was 8 in the background of the last time I called my aunt (2 years ago, after that O couldnt afford the payphone anymore). She doesnt want her child learning my bad language. She also thinks I am the highland park stereotype, The drug addict gun holder type and I will hurt her "prescious whittle baby". Maybe she will let me stay there for chrostmas, she is the religious type who thinks noone can be alone on christmas. She is rich, husbend makes 750k a year!!!!!!! WOW! Thats like a life fortune! Maybe she will be willing to send me $10 for some food.
11-21-2012 11:08 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

And I have never been outside of detroit my whole life. Please tell me about places outside detroit (assumeing you have been outside). Highland park sucks ass! I read that in highland park, 100% FAIL social studies, 97% FAIL math, 92% FAIL english on standarized testing or the test to get into college or something like that. And the district was the lowest performing one in the state.
11-21-2012 11:12 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Yessssss! I guess there have been people trying to collect food donations because we got some good news at the shelter: we are going to get thanksgiving dinner tommorrow! Yesssss! Although I dont understand the holiday, we get TURKEY! HAHAHA! Some dumbass sucker probally from another city because people in highland park never dojate to the shelter probally felt bad for us and donated something. But the shelter wants more donations and is planning on stationing near a store and since I have a half day wants me to come along to beg because people will see me and feel bad. HAHA SUCKERS!
11-21-2012 10:25 PM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
I fuckin hate detroit!

In Arkansas, we have the 3rd worst school grades or testing scores or whatever. I now noticed because everyone in elementary was black and ghetto so at least now I'm finally in a diverse school. People are still dumb but in a OMG LIK GANGNAM LETS SPAM THAT AND YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not that bad but it can get kind of annoying. They even think all suicidal people are crazy and 98% would be bedazzled if someone didn't believe god exist. At least they don't deny the law of gravity and evolution.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
11-22-2012 08:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

(11-21-2012 10:25 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Yessssss! I guess there have been people trying to collect food donations because we got some good news at the shelter: we are going to get thanksgiving dinner tommorrow! Yesssss! Although I dont understand the holiday, we get TURKEY! HAHAHA! Some dumbass sucker probally from another city because people in highland park never dojate to the shelter probally felt bad for us and donated something. But the shelter wants more donations and is planning on stationing near a store and since I have a half day wants me to come along to beg because people will see me and feel bad. HAHA SUCKERS!
Maybe they're not suckers, but people that possess compassion.

11-22-2012 09:10 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-21-2012 11:08 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Yep, highland park is that bad. We make detroit look bad, witch is pretty sad considering how ghetto it is. And the whole of detroit has deserted houses, thats the way it is. I think I will ty to stay with my aunt. But the problem is her whiney ass daughter. She was whineing about her louis vuitton being late in the mail when she was 8 in the background of the last time I called my aunt (2 years ago, after that O couldnt afford the payphone anymore). She doesnt want her child learning my bad language. She also thinks I am the highland park stereotype, The drug addict gun holder type and I will hurt her "prescious whittle baby". Maybe she will let me stay there for chrostmas, she is the religious type who thinks noone can be alone on christmas. She is rich, husbend makes 750k a year!!!!!!! WOW! Thats like a life fortune! Maybe she will be willing to send me $10 for some food.
Oh my gosh. Your aunt is the one that thinks that no one shpuld be alone on holidays, yet shes all like you cant come over because she thinks your like the sterotypical Highland Park citizen? Wow. Sadhug
Besides, its your mother who has been arrested and not you! Gosh, people are so sensitive these days.

11-22-2012 09:21 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

AAA, in that case, my school is "diverse" too! Back when the highland park school was public, I was accually the only white person for a few years. Pretty odd, I hear that in most places there are more white people. I am not being raceist or anything, just observeing. Sad thing about our school system is that one of schools there was named after the car company ford, I think they built it or something. From what i have heard, that is not normal. There used to be 11 public schools, niw there are 0. 2 have been razed, 3 are scheduled to be, the rest are deserted. As of last year, there were 2 operational public schools (one k-8 although us in 6-8 called ourselfs middle schoolers anyways, and one 9-12) As of mid last year there were 3 schools, but 1 was shut down. This is kinda pathetic. Now I have to get myselfball the way over to some other part of detroit. The school I now go to has other white people, but still a minority. Luckilly a lot of the gangs were relocate to other schools then the one I was relocated to, they didny want us to flood 1 school, so I have less gangs to deal with and where my new school is is wealthy in comparasin to highland park do there are barely any gangs here, just 5 gangs of about 10-20 members in the 8th grade! And DoA, they have to be suckere, nobody here is really compassionate. And after school I went with the person who runs this shelter and a few old people to beg for food and money and hauled ass over to a rich area where people have $ and in just 5 hours we got: 35 pounds of potatoes, 29 big cans of yams, 10 boxes of stuffing, 7 boxes of noodles, and some rich man who was just slumming felt terrible for us and asked me (the old ladies had nasty looks on their faces, he was scared of them) what we would like. I took advantage of him and he bought us 7 turkeys! He also gave me a stack of 8 quaryers to call my aunt, and gave me $10 for food and gave the shelter $20! He was rich, I tell you! He was wearing a suit and tie that looked clean, and I saw his fat wallet full of twenties and hundreds! He was about to pay with credit so obviously he hasnt been in these parts ever, but I told him he MUST pay with cash. I told him about people stealing credit numbers. He was really nice. Seemed like the kind of person dad was, except this man was more rich. I bet if dad had money like that when he was alive, he wouldve helped people too. Now the shelter ha seanty to eat for thanksgiving! Tommorrow I will have to help in the kitchen. I am so excited, I can call my aunt. Please help me think about what to say to her, I need ideas!
11-22-2012 10:47 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

And sky, yes she still thinks i live up to the stereotype! I hope shebwill let me come over! I hate detroit! I hate highland park! The name highland park sounds much nicer then it accually is. If you have ever been outside detroit, please tell me about it. I have never been outta here.
11-22-2012 10:49 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-22-2012 10:49 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  And sky, yes she still thinks i live up to the stereotype! I hope shebwill let me come over! I hate detroit! I hate highland park! The name highland park sounds much nicer then it accually is. If you have ever been outside detroit, please tell me about it. I have never been outta here.

Well, I've been in Indiana, Ohio, Wisconson,and Illinois. There all pretty nice if you ask me. Anyways I think that it's dumb of your aunt to think your a sterotypical Highland Park citizen. And it's cool to find out a rich man gave you money to call your aunt and 7 turkeys. Oh and you should tell your aunt that your NOT the steroetypical HighlandParker, and that you wont hurt her brat I mean child. Hug

11-22-2012 11:47 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Sky, Yeah that was really cool about the turkeys. And the money. But he gave me 8 quarters, and I only jeed 1 per call. I told him that, but he said I could call her 8 times. AND he gave me $10 for food. He was really nice. I was surprised. Most slummers are snotty and some will brimg coins and throw them, and we will all chase the coins, and theyvwilk laugh at us. I dont think she will believe me that I am not the stereotype, peoplw in highland park also lie. And I have been here all my life, so she thinks I am predisposed to being the stereotypical porn and crack addict shooting type. I would never hurt her little brat. I am accually thinking about seeing in I can get some stamps, envelopes and paper and suck up to tje brat via mail and maybe get her to pet me come over. It will be hard though, do ypu think I should bother? And thanks for the Hug
11-22-2012 01:21 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

I fuckin hate detroit!

People aren't suckers if they're legitimately trying to be nice. You might be a sucker, though, if you think you've deceived them somehow.

11-22-2012 01:34 PM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-22-2012 01:21 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Sky, Yeah that was really cool about the turkeys. And the money. But he gave me 8 quarters, and I only jeed 1 per call. I told him that, but he said I could call her 8 times. AND he gave me $10 for food. He was really nice. I was surprised. Most slummers are snotty and some will brimg coins and throw them, and we will all chase the coins, and theyvwilk laugh at us. I dont think she will believe me that I am not the stereotype, peoplw in highland park also lie. And I have been here all my life, so she thinks I am predisposed to being the stereotypical porn and crack addict shooting type. I would never hurt her little brat. I am accually thinking about seeing in I can get some stamps, envelopes and paper and suck up to tje brat via mail and maybe get her to pet me come over. It will be hard though, do ypu think I should bother? And thanks for the Hug
Well its always worth a shot, and your welcome for the hug. Your aunt needs to stop beliving in stereotypes, they are very hurtful. Hug
Here are some sites that might help: http://www.wikihow.com/Run-Away-from-an-Abusive-Home http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Having-...r-a-Mother

11-22-2012 01:39 PM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
I fuckin hate detroit!

People that believe in stereotypes are stereotypes themselves.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
11-23-2012 08:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Sky, thanks for the links. But my mom is in jail, so I dont hae to put up with her. But they will be helpful for when she gets out. I hope she wont though, I mean, she was after me with a DOUBLE BARREL GUN! She gotta stay a little while. The trial isnt till january 10, she is to dangerouse to bring to trial, they want her to calm down. She needs to be in one of those mental hospital rooms with the sky painted in, like DoA said, but since highland park cant afford the paint, it would be sky misspelled as "SKIE" written in a crayon. LOL!
11-23-2012 10:23 AM
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-23-2012 10:23 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Sky, thanks for the links. But my mom is in jail, so I dont hae to put up with her. But they will be helpful for when she gets out. I hope she wont though, I mean, she was after me with a DOUBLE BARREL GUN! She gotta stay a little while. The trial isnt till january 10, she is to dangerouse to bring to trial, they want her to calm down. She needs to be in one of those mental hospital rooms with the sky painted in, like DoA said, but since highland park cant afford the paint, it would be sky misspelled as "SKIE" written in a crayon. LOL!

Your welcome for the links. I just try to do what I can to stop child abuse.Hug

11-23-2012 12:56 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Is good that you try to di what you can, no matter how little it may be to stop child abuse. Even if it is just talking on the internet, you and some o the others on school survival have helped me through this. It is nice heving someone to talk to about this. If it werent for you guys, I would have nobody to talk to and just be 100% miserable, now I am less miserable and I know that life will gets better then this. Fro the vast majority of my life, I have been thinking "If this is life, I dont want it" and have tried many times to kill myself and have become addicted to cuttin myself. Now I do thise things much less. And a few minths back (before you joined, on thread "surviving this year") people here convinced me that my life is nit normal and to get help from the po po. Sky, I am sure you will be a great help to me and the other members of the site.
11-23-2012 01:10 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

(11-23-2012 01:10 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Is good that you try to di what you can, no matter how little it may be to stop child abuse. Even if it is just talking on the internet, you and some o the others on school survival have helped me through this. It is nice heving someone to talk to about this. If it werent for you guys, I would have nobody to talk to and just be 100% miserable, now I am less miserable and I know that life will gets better then this. Fro the vast majority of my life, I have been thinking "If this is life, I dont want it" and have tried many times to kill myself and have become addicted to cuttin myself. Now I do thise things much less. And a few minths back (before you joined, on thread "surviving this year") people here convinced me that my life is nit normal and to get help from the po po. Sky, I am sure you will be a great help to me and the other members of the site.

I hope I can be a great aid to you. Hug

11-23-2012 01:26 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

^thank you. It helps to have someone to talk to on the internet, in real life I am scared of everyone. And it is nice to know that someone cares a tiny bit about what happens to you, especially to someone like me with no family but a guinea pig who will go near them who is alone in the world. I also felt the slightest bit cared about when I had been passed out or whatever you call it on some strangers floor for around a week, AAA was wondering if I was dead because of the fires. Close, but not yet. It was cool to know that if I had died, it would be acknowledged atleast by one person. It just means a lot to be acknowledged by anybody, even if it is a stranger on the internet. Better in my case, in real life I am scared of most people. I am known as "that kid under the bed" because I have hidden from many people under shelter beds and wrapped myself around the bottom structure of the bed and clung for dear life.
11-23-2012 01:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I hate fuckin "recuperations" Luizao876 8 5,613 12-14-2011 10:09 AM
Last Post: Efs