RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't weed legal?
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

Seriously it should be legal. If you don't believe so, then post your views on here and prepare to get raped in an argument with me.
11-06-2012 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

Cause some asshole in the 50's decided to make it illegal, that's it.
11-06-2012 09:36 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

RE: Why isn't weed legal?

I know that. Hope it's legal in 2-6 years. Then I'll smoke all I want and stop being a dick.
11-06-2012 09:41 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

Weed isn't legal for a number of reasons:

- People are misinformed about it
- It's been illegal for a while already and people don't feel like changing it
- Too many authoritarian douchebuckets don't want it
- The only people who like it a lot smoke it illegally

I'd be all for legalizing it, so long as no one offers me any.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-06-2012 11:20 AM
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Given 16 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

because it has devvasting effects.
You have 5 times the lung cancer risk than tobacco.
Your'e likely to get dementia.
Your IQ becomes lower.
Do I need to say more?

Hidden stuff:

11-06-2012 03:50 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

It'll be legal in the next 20 years or so, and if it isn't what the fuck ever. It's not like it's hard to get ahold of.
11-06-2012 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

(11-06-2012 03:50 PM)Hurricane-Sandy Wrote:  Your IQ becomes lower.

but even with that lower IQ, if you study for a test while high and then take the test high vs not high, you will do better when you are high because of brain science stuff that is best explained as MAGIC

P.S. I still hate weed though

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 10:42 PM by Heil_Kaiba8921.)
11-06-2012 08:36 PM
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Given 16 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

Look at the other affects.
You guys are stupid for even thinking good about weed.

Hidden stuff:

11-06-2012 08:37 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/662918...alize-weed

You don't WANT it legalized. Just watch the vid, I'm to lazy to type why.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
11-07-2012 03:12 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

Maybe the tokers will quit bothering the more abstinent citizens like myself if weed is legalized. That's a major upside.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-07-2012 08:24 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(11-07-2012 08:24 AM)DoA Wrote:  Maybe the tokers will quit bothering the more abstinent citizens like myself if weed is legalized. That's a major upside.

highly unlikely, unless you aren't bothered by people saying things along the lines of "dude, i smoked 5 pounds of weed last night" right next to you...all some people know is how to announce dumb decisions they made on a grande scale to anybody in speaking distance, shit gets annoying real fast

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

11-07-2012 11:08 PM
RammsteinFearFactory Offline
Celery Addict's metalhead friend

Given 33 thank(s) in 28 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

It ain't illegal no more. Colorado is where you can now get stoned.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif]
11-08-2012 07:04 AM
 Thanks given by: zagix
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(11-08-2012 07:04 AM)RammsteinFearFactory Wrote:  It ain't illegal no more. Colorado is where you can now get stoned.

this is some sort of paradox...to say that it isn't illegal is to say that it is legal in every single part of the country you are a resident of (in this case U.S.A) and since Colorado is one of the few states you can get stoned in, that means that it is still illegal everywhere else...weed failure

plus, if you wanted to smoke weed you could have just packe dyour bags and moved to Amsterdam and worked on becoming a citizen so that you could just buy the weed anyways

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

11-08-2012 10:43 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

(11-06-2012 03:50 PM)Hurricane-Sandy Wrote:  because it has devvasting effects.
Your IQ becomes lower.
Do I need to say more?

I'd like to see factual evidence from multiple reliable sources to prove what you are claiming.
11-09-2012 11:15 AM
 Thanks given by: Æternas
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(11-09-2012 11:15 AM)Silent Cynic Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 03:50 PM)Hurricane-Sandy Wrote:  because it has devvasting effects.
Your IQ becomes lower.
Do I need to say more?

I'd like to see factual evidence from multiple reliable sources to prove what you are claiming.

should i google it for you, or can you work it out yourself?

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

11-09-2012 12:51 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

(11-08-2012 10:43 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  plus, if you wanted to smoke weed you could have just packe dyour bags and moved to Amsterdam and worked on becoming a citizen so that you could just buy the weed anyways

Oooor you could just do something called making friends. You know, that thing normal people do.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 01:58 PM by Thought Criminal.)
11-09-2012 01:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(11-09-2012 01:57 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 10:43 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  plus, if you wanted to smoke weed you could have just packe dyour bags and moved to Amsterdam and worked on becoming a citizen so that you could just buy the weed anyways

Oooor you could just do something called making friends. You know, that thing normal people do.

go ahead, but my plan might not get you into trouble (i'm not sure of the specifics on smoking weed in Amsterdam anymore, i just know you have to be a citizen)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

11-09-2012 03:20 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

(11-09-2012 03:20 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  

go ahead, but my plan might not get you into trouble (i'm not sure of the specifics on smoking weed in Amsterdam anymore, i just know you have to be a citizen)
Its actually illegal in amsterdam dumbass you can smoke it in these little smoke shops but on the street its still illegal
11-09-2012 05:32 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(11-09-2012 05:32 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  

Its actually illegal in amsterdam dumbass you can smoke it in these little smoke shops but on the street its still illegal
you seem to have somehow missed the most important part of my post, don't worry though, I highlighted it for you.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

11-09-2012 10:43 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

(11-09-2012 10:43 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 05:32 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  

you seem to have somehow missed the most important part of my post, don't worry though, I highlighted it for you.

The thing is its never not been the smoke shops from being illegal thats just stupid rumors kids tell themselves
11-10-2012 04:16 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

It really isnt that hard to get some. Heck, my own momdeals weed all the time. I saw her selling it to a 7 year old once. The police see weed dealers all the time, and they dont give a flying fuck. Just go to highland park in detroit, and get your weed!
11-12-2012 04:21 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Why isn't weed legal?

I can get it but I don't want to be arrested or help fund insane moms, cartels, or other bad things.
It's an herb of peace, and having it be illegal does just the opposite.
I can get all the weed I want here (I used to smoke every day), but I'm not going to because
1) My parents pay my bills and will pay for my college and don't want me to, and I respect that
2) Because weed at a young age can fuck with development, and I'm only 15
3) Because it is no fun having to worry about being caught all the time because everyone is watching whether I smoke weed, and that ruins the experience.
11-12-2012 06:38 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

For the simple reason that weed was discovered too late. By the time we knew about the dangers of alcohol/tobbaco, the population was used to using it and the gov't had figured out how to tax it. Actually, zagix, on a metabolical level, you're all grown up.

On a metabolical level regarding medicines and such, that happened at 12. If you're a female, you're highly likely to be able to safely give birth. Granted, the impulse control of your brain isn't fully developed yet but as that happens in the mid-20s, yeah.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
02-05-2013 08:42 PM
Marauder Offline
Renegade

Given 22 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

Oh Lawdy.

"There is nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school"
- George Bernard Shaw

Lux Wrote:
"School ruins families. Most of the verbal and physical punishments kids endure are because of grades. I would have a much better relationship with my parents if the school didn't harass us years ago."
03-17-2013 06:35 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

Just don't smoke that stuff around me.
(I hold the same view on any smoke-based item such as cigars, cigarettes and hookah)

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
03-17-2013 08:45 PM
Damon Offline
Pissed off Englishman who eats red buses

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

It should stay illegal; I'm not anti-weed but think about it.

If weed was legalized, companies would see it as something they could make a mint out of. They'll turn weed into something which is filled with harmful, cancer causing chemicals like they did with tobacco.
The government would tax the fuck out of it. It would just turn into a way of making money basically.

I'd rather risk getting caught by the police than giving these shitty companies money to ruin my body.
03-21-2013 02:03 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

As opposed to drug dealers who can't be regulated deciding to make a mint out of it? Brillant Plan there, only Not.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
03-21-2013 05:07 AM
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

Legalization of weed is a big deal these days...

Even when I play San Andreas, I run into it (e.g. a guy will make his username say "Legalize_Cannabis")

I've had relatives die from smoking just cigars, and this is just 5x more harmful.

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
03-21-2013 05:22 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

I hate when people have to put some retarded username on multiplayer games.

Just because of those usernames will I target you throughout the whole damn game, screw my KD ratio.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
03-21-2013 06:08 AM
Pluto011 Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Why isn't weed legal?

I believe it is illegal because of some of its uses.

Firstly, it helps increase the survivability in cancer. It helps chemo patients eat by giving them the "munchies", which combats the malnutrition chemo commonly causes in patients because it normally destroys their appetite. In certain types of cancers, it also disables damaged genes in certain types of tumors which reduces there growth rate or in some cases stops it completely. Also, the THC found in weed can be used to help treat AIDS, anorexia, sclerosis, tourettes, and insomnia. As such a miracle of nature, it would take away millions or maybe even billions of dollars from the medical industry that would normally be found in expensive medications to help treat the above conditions and many many others.

Secondly, juices found in weed can easily be turned into a cheap and renewable source of clean burning fuel. It would be much more efficient and could completely replace fossil fuels. Obviously, this would utterly destroy the oil industry. Less money going into oil industry = less profits = less money in government pockets.

Lastly, weed would be nearly impossible to tax, unlike alcohol or tobacco. It can be grown anywhere and everywhere with little to no effort. The government would have no way to keep people from growing weed in their basements and selling it, tax free, on the open market.

In short, its all about the money, and the legalization of weed would hurt a lot of industries.
03-21-2013 07:21 AM
 Thanks given by: Æternas