RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I NEED HELP! AND RIGHT NOW!
Godzillaman Offline
Rebel

Given 5 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I just checked my grades online, and I just got a fucking 0 on a quiz that I tried my fucking best on! WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO WRONG!?!?!? I TRIED MY BEST! I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING! AND BAM, I GET A DAMN 0! In Science class, I always seem to do well on the tests, but not the quizzes. EVERY quiz that I get back, I fail! However, every test I get back, I get like a 90. WTF!?!? I don't know what to do! I just want to fucking go explore the world, but no! I have to sit in prison (school) all day and read a fucking textbook! I need help! I don't want to get a tutor, just to throw away a few extra hours at home that are already constantly being wasted by homework! I DONT FUCKING KNOW WHAT I DO WRONG IN SCHOOL! I can never buy my time, because I always have so much shit going on. Let's see. Hmm. I have a comprehension test on a shitty book tomorrow in language arts. I have a comp book due. I have a test in government. I have ANOTHER quiz in science. I have a shitload of homework every fucking night! I don't know what to do! PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
11-05-2012 01:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Given 16 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I fuck up your school.

Hidden stuff:

11-05-2012 03:26 AM
Godzillaman Offline
Rebel

RE: I NEED HELP! AND RIGHT NOW!

(11-05-2012 03:26 AM)Hurricane-Sandy Wrote:  I fuck up your school.
Ok...
11-05-2012 03:30 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

That sounds miserable. But teachers don't care. They think you are "learning."

If you want a good grade, you have to work through it. Unfortunately there is just no way around it. That's why school is so horrible. They force you to care. Isn't that horrible? Like having your brain in a prison. Freedom is impossible. We are all slaves to the system.

I don't know how long your HW takes or how difficult your classes are. Are your classes about memorizing things? Most are. In that case, memorizing things isn't too hard once you get past the fact that it's utterly pointless.

I find that getting all my HW done as soon as I get home frees up hours of time for me to use doing whatever I want to. But I don't know how difficult yours is, I'm going to assume mine is a million times easier. But trying to care and using the best attitude you can, no matter how depressing school is, can make things feel a lot better. It should at least turn out mediocre work. There are brighter days ahead of you!

Wish you luck!
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 04:26 AM by GreenLamp.)
11-05-2012 04:23 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

What is the quiz about? What were your answers? I might be able to help. As long as you are seen studying, your parents shouldn't blame you for messing up.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
11-05-2012 04:47 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

What exactly do you want us to help with? How do your parents feel about school alternatives?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-05-2012 05:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Godzillaman Offline
Rebel

(11-05-2012 04:47 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  What is the quiz about? What were your answers? I might be able to help. As long as you are seen studying, your parents shouldn't blame you for messing up.
It was about finding the tangent lines of an inconstant slope. Then, we had to find the acceleration of that slope. If you messed up the first step, then BAM, you get a 0!
11-05-2012 09:03 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

That's just fucked up. I'm my school, if you do most of it right, you get most of the points.
In that case, you just take the derivative of the function and plug in the point.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
11-05-2012 10:37 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

On homework, I dont know about your school but mine just checks for completion. I just write random answers that habe to do with the subject.(ex: who sighned the declaration of independence? my answer: christopher columbus and george washington). And cheat on quizzes. You heard me, cheat! My school doesnt give shitif I fail, but before I lived myself and mom would beat the shit outta me I would cheat off the web.
11-06-2012 10:47 AM
Godzillaman Offline
Rebel

(11-06-2012 10:47 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  On homework, I dont know about your school but mine just checks for completion. I just write random answers that habe to do with the subject.(ex: who sighned the declaration of independence? my answer: christopher columbus and george washington).
LOL!
11-06-2012 01:35 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

^ It is much more efficient then accually giving a crap.
11-08-2012 10:01 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

I hate 6th grade, it's just seriously EVERYTHING WE WERE TAUGHT LAST YEAR IN SOME CLASSES LIKE SCIENCE AND SOCIAL STUDIES! A SUBJECT I ACTUALLY LIKE WHEN NOT IN SCHOOL AND ONE WHERE IT SHOWS ONLY WHAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTS YOU TO SEE!!!(Social studies teacher actually said that)

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
11-08-2012 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

The government is fucked up
11-08-2012 11:03 PM