RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would your school free life be like?
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

So, today I was walking home from school and I started thinking how great I would have it if I had a website which I would earn all money from. So this is the story:

I would buy a little house, a very little house, maybe a cabin on a mountain, away from the city, away from school. However, I would be close enough to call a pizza guy to send me some pizza. I would have so much money I wouldn't have to worry a second. Money would flow in with my website.
The cabin would have a nice and cozy sofa, I would have a good and nice, calm golden retriever dog, which would give me companionship, I would have a nice super fast laptop, and a TV.
Wow, how great could would that be, relaxing, and realizing that all my others friends and people who yelled how I should stop resisting and do school homework while I instead evolved. Smile
Wow...Smile

Tell me your school free dream Smile
10-30-2012 04:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)
RE: What would your school free life be like?

If I had a website that was really popular, I would be the first person to ever live on the top of Mount Everest, and the last like 2 feet of the tip would be in the middle of my living room. I would have a skinny, possibly redhead, gamer wife who doesn't mind showing her body off for people over the internet, whenever we need food I would go and get in my private helicopter and fly down the mountain into a town somewhere and take however long I want because my wife knows I wouldn't want to lose her because she somehow fell in love with me. (yea, i'm not the hottest person around, but still got girls that like me for w/e reason)

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-30-2012 05:29 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

(10-30-2012 05:29 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  If I had a website that was really popular, I would be the first person to ever live on the top of Mount Everest, and the last like 2 feet of the tip would be in the middle of my living room. I would have a skinny, possibly redhead, gamer wife who doesn't mind showing her body off for people over the internet, whenever we need food I would go and get in my private helicopter and fly down the mountain into a town somewhere and take however long I want because my wife knows I wouldn't want to lose her because she somehow fell in love with me. (yea, i'm not the hottest person around, but still got girls that like me for w/e reason)

Kinda unrealistic, but that's good. The redhead thing though, kinda awkward, she's like a slave or something? HAHA!!! Rofl
But cool dreamy little dream. Smile Have to sleep now, new school day arrives, and hey by the way.
Just so you know, if I didn't have this forum I would go mad!! Smile
10-30-2012 07:20 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Made I could be more social, and maybe meet more chicks as a part of being more social. It's hard trying not to look for someone even at a young age when you feel lonely and a outcast and never listened to. I never talk to people because I feel as if because of being mature for my age I can't relate to anyone!

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-30-2012 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

I would have more time to read the news, classic literature, anti-school articles and the like. I'd join a few more forums, get involved in a few more communities, and attempt to undo the damage of my anti-social actions of the past.

...That actually sounds like a few things I did over the summer (how I miss it), but there were tons of videogames laced in there too XD

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
10-30-2012 11:14 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

I think that you guys should start a website Smile Definitely! Can I ask how old you two are?
10-30-2012 01:55 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-30-2012 07:20 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  
(10-30-2012 05:29 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  If I had a website that was really popular, I would be the first person to ever live on the top of Mount Everest, and the last like 2 feet of the tip would be in the middle of my living room. I would have a skinny, possibly redhead, gamer wife who doesn't mind showing her body off for people over the internet, whenever we need food I would go and get in my private helicopter and fly down the mountain into a town somewhere and take however long I want because my wife knows I wouldn't want to lose her because she somehow fell in love with me. (yea, i'm not the hottest person around, but still got girls that like me for w/e reason)

Kinda unrealistic, but that's good. The redhead thing though, kinda awkward, she's like a slave or something? HAHA!!! Rofl
But cool dreamy little dream. Smile Have to sleep now, new school day arrives, and hey by the way.
Just so you know, if I didn't have this forum I would go mad!! Smile

only if i never make the next myspace/facebook/twitter/instagram because the people that make those always end up rich...not sure about Tom from myspace though, even though myspace is attempting to revive itself through music. My sexy wife won't be a slave...i'm not into that kind of stuff lol

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

10-30-2012 10:31 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

I think that you can become very rich without a website like Facebook, Twitter etc. A simple news site with its special "touch" can get quite a lot of views and money.
10-31-2012 12:36 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-31-2012 12:36 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  I think that you can become very rich without a website like Facebook, Twitter etc. A simple news site with its special "touch" can get quite a lot of views and money.

yea, it's really not all that hard to get rich through a website, you just supply the people with something that enough people would find useful...I just use social networking sites as an example because they are the most talked about sites, you could probably turn on the news for 5 minutes tonight and hear them mention facebook or twitter or reference it. I would rather have something less known, like a site i visit and get told about unheard of/undiscovered bands called makeuseof.com though because atleast then there isn't millions of people trying to hack into it, more like only a few thousand extremely bored people.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-31-2012 02:17 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Strange as this may sound, even relaxing gets old after a while. After relaxing for a long time, I actually want to go outside more and do stuff, see people, go places, take photos, get some exercise, etc. But on the plus side, I can go outside whenever I want, so it's all good. I just have a bit of a laziness complex. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-31-2012 03:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-31-2012 03:22 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Strange as this may sound, even relaxing gets old after a while. After relaxing for a long time, I actually want to go outside more and do stuff, see people, go places, take photos, get some exercise, etc. But on the plus side, I can go outside whenever I want, so it's all good. I just have a bit of a laziness complex. Razz

come tour America...start with Indiana

P.S. I forgot to mention this, but the reason I'm gonna live on Everest is bc of the 3G at the top...i'll be infringing copyrights faster than ever before Smile

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 10:17 AM by Heil_Kaiba8921.)
10-31-2012 04:27 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

I agree SoulRiser! You can't relax 24/7 you have to get out a bit, but you have that opportunity also of course.
One of my "I want to experience things" is to live on the mountain completely alone or with a dog for some months.
I think that living solitary for some while, like on the mountains or something can teach us humans various lessons Smile
What do you think about that?
10-31-2012 04:59 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

When I get out of school, I want to buy a trailer and a car to drag it around. I will then park it in the wal mark parking lot (walmart lets you do that for free). I will make sure to park it in a wal mart far away, somewhere that is not detroit. To make money, I will try to make some kind of website that will make enough money for food (walmart has free internet so I dont have to oay for it). I will live in my trailer with a dog (trained to not pee on the couch).
11-09-2012 12:21 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(11-09-2012 12:21 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  When I get out of school, I want to buy a trailer and a car to drag it around. I will then park it in the wal mark parking lot (walmart lets you do that for free).

i camped in a wal-mart parking lot in an RV once, i had a bowling tournament and we didn't get a hotel so we just went and parked in the parking lot...only ones there and i had a feeling we were gonna get robbed or something lol.....i hate being the only car in the parking lot bc it's creepy

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

11-09-2012 12:32 AM
 Thanks given by: McGee!
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Given 16 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Travel the beautiful world.
Madagascar looks beautiful

Hidden stuff:

11-09-2012 04:18 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

(11-09-2012 12:32 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 12:21 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  When I get out of school, I want to buy a trailer and a car to drag it around. I will then park it in the wal mark parking lot (walmart lets you do that for free).

i camped in a wal-mart parking lot in an RV once, i had a bowling tournament and we didn't get a hotel so we just went and parked in the parking lot...only ones there and i had a feeling we were gonna get robbed or something lol.....i hate being the only car in the parking lot bc it's creepy
Wal mart is AWESOME! Their stuff is so cheap! I wish the one here hadnt been ripped down awhile back, oh well, I can go to a town very nearby.
11-09-2012 04:25 AM
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

(10-30-2012 04:12 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  So, today I was walking home from school and I started thinking how great I would have it if I had a website which I would earn all money from. So this is the story:

I would buy a little house, a very little house, maybe a cabin on a mountain, away from the city, away from school. However, I would be close enough to call a pizza guy to send me some pizza. I would have so much money I wouldn't have to worry a second. Money would flow in with my website.
The cabin would have a nice and cozy sofa, I would have a good and nice, calm golden retriever dog, which would give me companionship, I would have a nice super fast laptop, and a TV.
Wow, how great could would that be, relaxing, and realizing that all my others friends and people who yelled how I should stop resisting and do school homework while I instead evolved. Smile
Wow...Smile

Tell me your school free dream Smile

Some, first of all, I would be the richest person on earth.
Okay, I would run the largest site in the world. I would have a detailed index of directories online, list of working .onion domains, and then there would be millions of files. Also, it would be heavily protected so the NSA couldn't snoop on it.
Then, I would buy myself an old Chevrolet Suburban, have it modified, and then buy about 600 acres of land in Canada. On this lot, I would have a house built, a small three-room house, and below it would be an underground bunker, with enough supplies to last myself and a couple more people a lifetime, and then some if needed.
Also, besides the largest web site ever, I would have the largest personal arsenal. It would be hidden from view so that when the gun-grabbers came swarming at my house with metal detectors in hand, they would be so far underground they'd never be found by those assholes. NEVER.
Also, I would make my own country with some more land I bought (remember, I want to be the richest on earth) and it would be a truly free country. We wouldn't get involved with foreign affairs and compulsory school would be ABOLISHED.
How about that?

666 Baby Annihilator.
07-06-2015 11:22 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Id get invested in various global business ventures to create and solidfy a monopolistic conglomerate untouchable by governments due to the immense impact my empire would have, as well as powerful influence on politicians, lawyers, public figures and the like.

Id then establish a secret organization called the Invisible Hand thatd hand pick special folk to serve as agents placed into various government and military positions (along with all other high level positions of benefit). Through I.H I would then guide my entire business empire from the shadows, like a puppetmaster pulling the strings.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
07-06-2015 03:50 PM
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

(07-06-2015 03:50 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Id get invested in various global business ventures to create and solidfy a monopolistic conglomerate untouchable by governments due to the immense impact my empire would have, as well as powerful influence on politicians, lawyers, public figures and the like.

Id then establish a secret organization called the Invisible Hand thatd hand pick special folk to serve as agents placed into various government and military positions (along with all other high level positions of benefit). Through I.H I would then guide my entire business empire from the shadows, like a puppetmaster pulling the strings.

That sounds like the New World Order to me.

Oh, shit! I'm talking to a reptilian Illuminati member! Laugh

666 Baby Annihilator.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 02:21 AM by thesupremeanarchist.)
07-07-2015 02:21 AM
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

Given 192 thank(s) in 120 post(s)

I want to build a robot.
07-07-2015 06:57 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

(07-07-2015 02:21 AM)thesupremeanarchist Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 03:50 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Id get invested in various global business ventures to create and solidfy a monopolistic conglomerate untouchable by governments due to the immense impact my empire would have, as well as powerful influence on politicians, lawyers, public figures and the like.

That sounds like the New World Order to me.

Oh, shit! I'm talking to a reptilian Illuminati member! Laugh

[Image: philosoraptorSm.jpg]

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
07-07-2015 12:48 PM
djdkkkk Offline
Real G's move silence like lasagna.

Given 10 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Life without school is the same shit as school life. Go to work come home and do some shit and go back the next day.
07-08-2015 10:28 AM
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 84 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(07-08-2015 10:28 AM)djdkkkk Wrote:  Life without school is the same shit as school life. Go to work come home and do some shit and go back the next day.

You mean that thing you get paid for?And you can QUIT?

Hidden stuff:
"CONSENSUAL incest is not wrong. (Abuse victims: being abused by a relative does not make it wrong for others to have consensual incest, any more than rape by a stranger makes all sex wrong. Sex and assault/molestation are two different things.) An aversion became common in humans that aided in population growth as one disease couldn't wipe out the human race. That's not a problem anymore.

Consensual incest is very common. You know people who have been involved, whether you know it or not.

There is no rational reason for keeping laws or taboos against consensual
incest that is consistently applied to other relationships. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in what I call consanguinamory, not why someone else shouldn't do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. Youthful experimentation between close relatives close in age is not uncommon, and there are more people than you'd think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative. It isn't for everyone, but we're not all going to want to have each others' love lives, now are we? If someone thinks YOUR love life is disgusting, should you be thrown in prison?

Some people try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and
marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say "Your sibling should not be your lover." That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family." There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn't a good reason either. Let consenting adults love each other the way they want!"-Keith Pullman

01-13-2017 09:39 PM
HSHARK Offline
Revolutionary

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

I would spend my time developing a low cost launch vehicle that will hopefully take tourists to space.
01-16-2017 03:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My School's Anti-Free Time Policies KFC Nyan Cat 17 9,862 01-21-2017 08:39 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Free or reduced school lunch ..V.. 4 3,474 03-18-2013 11:15 PM
Last Post: ..V..
  Your Life Outside School? EnemyOfTheState 35 10,192 09-05-2011 05:04 PM
Last Post: Elfy
  school life chaos2525 11 3,569 06-02-2009 09:23 AM
Last Post: chaos2525
  The hatred of school and my life thinking of school.Writing Reptorian 5 3,534 12-19-2008 08:55 PM
Last Post: SoulRiser