RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
You are going nowhere in life
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)
RE: You are going nowhere in life

So the final conclusion is... Everyone can now write their own short, small and little conclusion in the form of a quote by themselves. Smile

Mine is:

"School is not for smart people"
- Me
10-23-2012 06:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

(10-23-2012 06:31 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  People, let's try keeping the replies small and simple. It's really frustrating reading gigantic posts and never finishing them.

#firstworldproblems

Sigh...

ZZZ...
10-23-2012 06:37 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

(10-23-2012 06:37 AM)Reptorian Wrote:  
(10-23-2012 06:31 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  People, let's try keeping the replies small and simple. It's really frustrating reading gigantic posts and never finishing them.

#firstworldproblems

Sigh...

Sorry Lipto... I couldn't help but laugh... xD

Ohmigod now I feel mean Cries

FORGIVE ME
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 08:25 AM by GreenLamp.)
10-23-2012 06:52 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Our wall of text our very important in our lives because they make our amazing post even more meaningful than they already are. There is never any wall of text you shouldn't read because maybe you missed something very important. Make sure that your text is always in a wall before you do any of your post to make sure you sound intelligent when you really have no idea about what you're talking about like what I just typed. You can forget all the other sentences because you would be too lazy to read all the other sentences anyway. It seems you made to the second part of your life which involves the second decade you live. See how I suddenly made it seem like this post was going somewhere. It feels good making post here because you're always here, I just did it again. You know the post is going no where, but yet you still read it. Complain about post when you learn how to read the important parts if there are any,life skill there.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-23-2012 07:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

I wished for pro-schoolers and they came...

MAGIC IS REAL
10-23-2012 07:51 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Sup BMP
Sup Alucard

Long time no see. This place is pretty sad isn't it? Luna's forums are better.

Quote:I wished for pro-schoolers and they came...

MAGIC IS REAL
Nothing new brawh. Had plenty of Pro-Schoolers up in here before.

Also soul, You're quote tag button in post edit is broken.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 08:27 AM by Thought Criminal.)
10-23-2012 08:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

(10-23-2012 06:37 AM)Reptorian Wrote:  #firstworldproblems
#arestillproblems

I think I have a new catchphrase.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
10-23-2012 09:05 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Yeah, first world problems are "technically" still problems but Lipomatic's problem is downright laziness.

Previously known as Derchin.
10-23-2012 09:17 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Luna aint touching these forums, these forums are suppose to be depressing so they can keep us on track of anti-school.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
10-23-2012 09:42 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

(10-23-2012 05:03 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  So you only care what certain kinds of people think of you... the examples you mentioned probably don't really care as much as how much money you have, but rather how you would make more of it for them.

Because as we all know, when you get a job, you don't get paid, and when you start a business, you don't get to keep any of your revenue. Makes you wonder why people complain about unemployment so much in the first place.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 10:16 AM by యూజర్ పేరు.)
10-23-2012 10:15 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

people Noo ... now you're all just acting like smartasses. unnecessary...
10-23-2012 01:25 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

PS: This site is not depressing, it's motivating - without it school would have made me crazy.
School is only good when someone doesn't want to learn
10-23-2012 02:10 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , Rule_BreakerXVIII , Superkamiguru
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

(10-23-2012 01:25 PM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  people Noo ... now you're all just acting like smartasses. unnecessary...

well, we aren't allowed to post a massive wall of replies to quotes, and double-posting is frowned upon on the internet. /smartassitude (it's a word because it came out of my mouth)

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-23-2012 02:10 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Sorry for saying "keep replies short and easy". I take it back. I take also "smart ass stuff" back.
I apologize :(
10-23-2012 02:41 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

(10-23-2012 02:41 PM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  Sorry for saying "keep replies short and easy". I take it back. I take also "smart ass stuff" back.
I apologize :(

Fuck them don't apologize, long nitpicky posts are stupid and boring to read. The suck to write too. I know.
10-24-2012 12:12 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

(10-22-2012 05:41 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  Oh, look who's back. It's Mr. Columbine himself. I hope you enjoy paying off your college debt.

This thread right here pulled me back in(too funny to miss).
I can't wait til he amasses all that debt and his parents tell him how much of a loser he is because he can't get a good enough job to pay it off because its obvious he still gives a damn about what everybody thinks of him.

his has to be the dumbest thing I've even seen Bobman post.
People like me, Sharpie, Aya, Soulriser, Saint and the drop out success list prove him wrong.
Sounds like he is going into rich fag elitest mode like I always knew he would which explains why everybody in real life besides the circle of friends he had hates him.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-24-2012 01:24 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

(10-23-2012 08:25 AM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  Sup BMP
Sup Alucard

Long time no see. This place is pretty sad isn't it? Luna's forums are better.

MAGIC IS REAL

Also soul, You're quote tag button in post edit is broken.

Well uhh... dead too.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-24-2012 01:26 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

thought criminal? Are you like world famous on this forum?
Which dept? which parents - loser? ??? ???
10-24-2012 01:46 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

(10-24-2012 01:24 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  People like me, Sharpie, Aya, Soulriser, Saint and the drop out success list prove him wrong.

Yes, SoulRiser, who is making (according to her post) around $17k/year (just a few thousand above the poverty line). Stunning example of success right there. I'll be making more than three times that amount by the time I graduate (the average starting salary for those who have a job by graduation - which is more than half - is over $60k).

Everything works both ways, though, so here's a short list of the successful people who did go to college. And there's too many links to post here, but if you look up any college on Wikipedia, you'll find a list of successful alumni from that college. The combined lists are far longer than SS's list of successful dropouts.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 02:07 AM by యూజర్ పేరు.)
10-24-2012 02:06 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

(10-24-2012 02:06 AM)యూజర్ పేరు Wrote:  Yes, SoulRiser, who is making (according to her post) around $17k/year (just a few thousand above the poverty line). Stunning example of success right there. I'll be making more than three times that amount by the time I graduate (the average starting salary for those who have a job by graduation - which is more than half - is over $60k).

the thing is, you only asked what she made it on SS alone, and that is the information she gave you.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-24-2012 02:46 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

(10-24-2012 02:06 AM)యూజర్ పేరు Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 01:24 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  People like me, Sharpie, Aya, Soulriser, Saint and the drop out success list prove him wrong.

Yes, SoulRiser, who is making (according to her post) around $17k/year (just a few thousand above the poverty line). Stunning example of success right there. I'll be making more than three times that amount by the time I graduate (the average starting salary for those who have a job by graduation - which is more than half - is over $60k).

Everything works both ways, though, so here's a short list of the successful people who did go to college. And there's too many links to post here, but if you look up any college on Wikipedia, you'll find a list of successful alumni from that college. The combined lists are far longer than SS's list of successful dropouts.

1. Success is relative to each individual. Each people have different ideas on what is success.

2.That is still not evidence of a guarantee. So, you have to keep into the possibility that you just might as well make as much as these people and there are people who have already graduated from a big college making little amount of money and even less than they do. I can't see myself earning more than 20K at best after graduating from a biotechnology school. You've played the correlation=causation fallacy.

Take a look at this- http://chronicle.com/article/Many-Young-...rty/65826/ and look at the current economical situation going worse.

ZZZ...
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 03:21 AM by Reptorian.)
10-24-2012 03:17 AM
 Thanks given by: GreenLamp
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

(10-23-2012 08:25 AM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  

MAGIC IS REAL

Do you go around telling little kids that Santa isn't real? NO.
Don't ruin the magic.
10-24-2012 04:49 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

(10-24-2012 02:46 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 02:06 AM)యూజర్ పేరు Wrote:  Yes, SoulRiser, who is making (according to her post) around $17k/year (just a few thousand above the poverty line). Stunning example of success right there. I'll be making more than three times that amount by the time I graduate (the average starting salary for those who have a job by graduation - which is more than half - is over $60k).

the thing is, you only asked what she made it on SS alone, and that is the information she gave you.
Also, I live in South Africa, where everything is a lot cheaper than the US. Most people make 1/10 of what I do (all my sites included, and that's AFTER I removed some of the ads from SS. Before that it was more like 1/30).

So, great, you'll make 3 times that. But you'll have to work for it every day. Evil

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-24-2012 04:58 AM
 Thanks given by: GreenLamp , fish20 , Superkamiguru
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

(10-23-2012 02:41 PM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  thought criminal? Are you like world famous on this forum?
Laugh I'm an older member and a pretty big post whore but it's not like I'm SS's Richard Branson or anything. There are plenty of people on this forum who deserve more respect than me.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 07:10 AM by Thought Criminal.)
10-24-2012 07:09 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

To the original poster: TROLL! Why the hell are you telling us this?
10-24-2012 08:45 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

OMG OLD PEOPLE! Oldfafs, oldfafs everywhere! There's only one thing we can do...make a bunch of pointless comments like this one I just made right now! Make I should use my new pointless wall to make non readers think I'm smart tactic.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
10-24-2012 10:04 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

...Stupid newfafs. Seminewfafs represent.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
10-24-2012 10:11 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

(10-24-2012 08:45 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  To the original poster: TROLL! Why the hell are you telling us this?

Delusions of grandeur
10-24-2012 01:13 PM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

To the OP: I cannot tell if trolling, or just stupid. /facepalm

Anywho, this completely turned into a presidential debate. Of course, I'm all for the anti-schoolers. I'll be back here in a bit to prove why the pro-schoolers are showing complete incompetence thinking that this slavery-structured system can help kids.
10-24-2012 06:31 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

It's called unschooling.

For those without that option, it is called reforming the current model of schooling to better fit the human child.

The first 13 years are largely unnecessary. Get a GED, go to a County College for two years, then you will be able to easily transfer to damn near any college you want.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
10-25-2012 04:04 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , Ky , Trar