RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Sure What I Should Major In After My GED
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

Hello, everyone! Today I just took 2 more GED pretests and Thursday I took 3, so I will be waiting for the news to arrive on Monday or Tuesday so I don't have to go to Cocks High School anymore (and yes, that is the name of the school, except "Cocks" is "Cox"). Razz

So here's the thing: I know what I like, and it happens to be video games, animation/SFX, cinematography, writing, and even politics. There's different things I want to do with each of these things I like (I especially wanna grow to be rich because I love spending $$$ ;D).

With video games, I'd love to work on Star Wars, Halo and Pokémon video games and expand them by being incorporated into awesome MMOs. I couldn't imagine being the doc of my own company developing an MMO that could possibly be labeled as Triple A and stuff. It would be nice to see that I could control what others do with the game I envision that tons of other people could enjoy. One reason why I'd like to work on MMOs with these particular franchises is because I'd like to improve the MMO genre and market with the franchises I absolutely adore. Gets me all excited just thinking about it.

With animation, special effects and cinematography, I'd love to learn how to develop the things I could for a future Pokémon anime like the "Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 Animated Trailer", maybe make major contributions to the Star Wars franchise in the cinematography and would like to make some great movies for the Halo franchises. It would be awesome to know how to use special effects so they don't look like crappy SyFy quality animation. It would also be nice to control how my future films and videos are made.

I think writing would synergize greatly with cinematography and video game development. I'd love to have colleagues in the writing department to create top-notch quality dialogue and an extremely innovative story for each of the games and filmography I'd work on. Machinima (look it up if you don't know what it is) is something I'd like to start on first, but sadly I haven't been given the chance to work on it yet.

As for politics, a lot of you here know what I'd like to do. I'd like to take advantage of the power the US government hands its officials, and to shutdown the current piss-poor education system that we have because it's committing a crime of education homicide. What do you think I could pursue in this field?

More specifically, what things could I purse in each fields and what can I start on first? Thank you.
10-20-2012 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: McGee!
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Start with the easiest one first. So, I guess that means not politics or being the mastermind of a MMO franchise, 'cause you'd probably need to work your way up a few ladders to get there. Start with whatever you can do right now with the resources you have right now. But keep your eyes on the prize, so to speak, do whatever you can to get closer to your goals.

Meet people with similar goals, that will probably help you more than anything else.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-21-2012 01:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My school loses all of my stuff, pretty major problem. Isaiah_halfstaff 6 2,019 03-26-2014 02:21 PM
Last Post: Isaiah_halfstaff
  my major at college? A more complicated choice than it looks thewake 4 3,939 08-04-2011 01:55 AM
Last Post: Phrozen_Soul
  English Teacher = Major Bitch academic prisoner 11 3,125 11-23-2009 10:49 AM
Last Post: Loxor
  Major Lawlz Freak 5 1,695 09-09-2007 09:30 PM
Last Post: Thought Criminal