RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When At School - Write what you're doing here!
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

^ The city is also corrupt in that people who press charges for something, as long as they're all emotional and everything, generally win cases. If you think your teacher is a jackass, this is the recommended course of action.

Long story short, threaten anyone who threatens you - threaten them with legal action.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
10-19-2012 11:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: djdkkkk
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)
RE: When At School - Write what you're doing here!

Quote:the one who treats me well is my leader, the one who treats me cruelly is my enemy
- Sun Tzu

This can be referred to both socially, school and war.
10-19-2012 01:07 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

(10-19-2012 01:07 PM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  
Quote:the one who treats me well is my leader, the one who treats me cruelly is my enemy
- Sun Tzu

oviously the pro school people never listen to that.
10-19-2012 09:21 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

(10-19-2012 09:21 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  
(10-19-2012 01:07 PM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  
- Sun Tzu

oviously the pro school people never listen to that.

Was that ironically? Did you emphasize the top-grade students? Positively or negatively? Do you mean the quote is dumb?
10-19-2012 10:27 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Erm, I gotta agree... either sue that teacher, or talk to a news reporter, anything to scare the crap out of him so he leaves you alone. Or get the bastard in jail, whichever works.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-19-2012 11:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

to get this thread back on topic...i just took an algebra 2 test...and i hated every second of it

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-19-2012 11:51 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

About the quote, I was talking negatively about pro schoolers. And algebra tests suck ass, is algebra 2 even worse then algebra 1?
10-20-2012 06:10 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ It's far worse. Anyway, the ancient Chinese philosopher has a point. You need to fight your enemy rather than let him beat you up.

10-20-2012 07:27 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-20-2012 07:27 AM)DoA Wrote:  ^ It's far worse. Anyway, the ancient Chinese philosopher has a point. You need to fight your enemy rather than let him beat you up.

can i use molotov cocktails, baseball bats soaked in holy water and that have lots of nails in them, and then ram into my enemy with a tank that Hitler designed, but I modified to have flamethrowers that activate upon him getting stuck on one of the many spikes I put all around it?

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

10-20-2012 12:23 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

If money didn't exist I would gladly quit school. If every society was powered on rations I would quit school right now.
I think money is somewhat the problem when it comes to school. Well, well, what you know the world is lacky.
10-20-2012 01:02 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

^ I would do the same. I might accually drop out once I am old enough. I could work in a factory, they hire ANYONE!
10-22-2012 05:57 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

(10-20-2012 12:23 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  
(10-20-2012 07:27 AM)DoA Wrote:  ^ It's far worse. Anyway, the ancient Chinese philosopher has a point. You need to fight your enemy rather than let him beat you up.

can i use molotov cocktails, baseball bats soaked in holy water and that have lots of nails in them, and then ram into my enemy with a tank that Hitler designed, but I modified to have flamethrowers that activate upon him getting stuck on one of the many spikes I put all around it?

Can someone draw this in the style of a five year old? It would bring back some happy memories for all of us. Back when school was just home in a different building. Where you would play and school was at its most useful.. Schools is only good up to about age 6. Once you can read, you can learn elsewhere. Even that can be done elsewhere, but you can learn on your own when you can read.
10-22-2012 06:15 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-22-2012 05:57 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  ^ I would do the same. I might accually drop out once I am old enough. I could work in a factory, they hire ANYONE!
Factories suck ass; work somewhere decent.

10-22-2012 10:01 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

(10-22-2012 10:01 AM)DoA Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 05:57 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  ^ I would do the same. I might accually drop out once I am old enough. I could work in a factory, they hire ANYONE!

Hey! Biggrin DoA! Have you read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu?
It's seems like you've read it?
10-22-2012 01:40 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

so today, just to be a bit of a combo breaker, i'm learning about single/double replacements in ICP...why can't elemts and compounds just balance themselves naturally?

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-22-2012 09:51 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

How old are you? Heil?
That sounds very hard. ::O:
First day at school after weekend, and I am already going insane...
10-22-2012 11:54 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

i'm only 17, in my senior year of high school and it's integrated chemistry and physics so it's actually easier than just taking chemistry or physics...it is hard when i take a break from paying attention to read or write something on here though, but atleast i have a foreign exchange student sitting next to me who's had to take science classes since second grade wherever he's from (somewhere they would name their kid "Farhid" and i'm not sure how to spell it anymore lol) so if absolutely need to i'll ask him for the answers

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-23-2012 01:24 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(10-22-2012 01:40 PM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  

I read a very tiny part of it referenced in a book one time. The concept of fighting your enemies by knowing them sure dates back a long time.

10-23-2012 06:15 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

(10-23-2012 06:15 AM)DoA Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 01:40 PM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  

I read a very tiny part of it referenced in a book one time. The concept of fighting your enemies by knowing them sure dates back a long time.

So you have read some parts of the book or the whole thingy? That's good, considering it being one of the best books ever written within that genre. Smile
10-23-2012 06:36 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ Like I said, I've seen excerpts from it. I haven't come close to reading the whole thing.

10-23-2012 09:00 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Oh, Okey. Smile
10-23-2012 01:27 PM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Does someone think that there are other like us in the same classroom like us? Take yourself as an example?
11-19-2012 07:25 PM
djdkkkk Offline
Real G's move silence like lasagna.

Given 10 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

i got ISS once,i had to sit there all day in front of principals office,as soon as they called "ALL WALKERS TO BE DISMISSED" i ran as fast as i could from the school,of course it was a 2 mile uphill run so yeah you know what happened next
11-20-2012 12:24 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

you launched a nuke on China?

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

11-20-2012 01:38 PM
Potato Offline
Pariah

Given 64 thank(s) in 50 post(s)

(10-18-2012 08:11 AM)DoA Wrote:  ^ Why would you actually write "this is bullshit" on a test? All tests are like "Welcome back to taking a test, where everything's made up and the points don't matter". Everyone already knows assignments are full of utter crap, no need to write anything detention-worthy.

^the shameless cowardice

@somerandomhuman get your classmates as witnesses, get your teacher in jail, and get the report or it didn't happen. i think you're just bluffing, because you can EASILY get him in prison if you pressed charges
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 03:18 PM by Potato.)
11-20-2012 03:05 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I am not fakeing. I really wrote it and got detention. This is the ghetto part of detroit, people cant be arrested easily.
11-21-2012 09:53 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Sometimes I feel like writing inappropriate things and drawing random stuff at tests can strengthen the mind, knowing that you indeed do not depend on teachers nor school, receiving grades to achieve some sort of happiness. It was actually fairly difficult for me to really free willingly and self-determined decide to draw stuff randomly on a/test/s, and write lyrics from songs on answers in tests, and not doing the homework. Now it's better, but I did need "practice" I guess I can call it. :S
You're kinda removing the society/parent/school made block where you're almost afraid of not doing the homework.
That is how I feel it :S
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 07:30 AM by LiptomaticMate.)
02-21-2013 07:27 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I draw things. Weapons, vehicles,ships, buildings, maps of fictional kingdoms, battle scenes and the whole lot.

I've got a ton of this stuff...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-21-2013 08:52 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

\o/
/ \ You see how happy this person is, with his hands high and feet firm on the floor.
02-21-2013 11:35 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

How do we know they aren't just held by chains?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-22-2013 08:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Me... write a school play? payback123 15 4,389 09-11-2007 11:34 AM
Last Post: payback123