RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might Be Going to Court For the First Time :|
dannystorm Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: Might Be Going to Court For the First Time :|

(10-11-2012 02:17 PM)Thel Vadam Wrote:  I'm very intelligent enough to know what's wrong with me.

"very intelligent enough"
01-04-2013 01:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DragoniteSky Offline
Servine is epic.

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(01-04-2013 01:00 AM)dannystorm Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 02:17 PM)Thel Vadam Wrote:  I'm intelligent enough to know what's wrong with me.

"very intelligent enough"

Fixed.

[Image: IDuOzDROxDZi6DuQvGRJx][Image: dragonite.gif][Image: IDuJcDvO1FRQ6DuQvGRJx] I used to be ShayminSky!
01-04-2013 02:11 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)
Might Be Going to Court For the First Time :|

[Image: 903283.jpg]
01-04-2013 03:32 AM
 Thanks given by: GamerGurl
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

This thread is two months old, stop bumping it you dang newfafs
01-04-2013 03:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

(01-04-2013 03:36 AM)Luizao876 Wrote:  This thread is two months old, stop bumping it you dang newfafs
Oh, I didn't know, anyway I want him to know "what says on the meme"!
01-04-2013 04:09 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

(01-04-2013 03:32 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  [Image: 903283.jpg]
Thank you, but the thread is old. I'm already out of the school system! Biggrin

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
01-04-2013 04:52 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

(01-04-2013 04:52 AM)Thel Vadam Wrote:  

Congratulations! Biggrin , how did it all go in the end? Do you live alone now? Got your GED? A job? Tell me tell me, how did it all go in the end?
01-04-2013 06:12 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

(01-04-2013 06:12 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  

Congratulations! Biggrin , how did it all go in the end? Do you live alone now? Got your GED? A job? Tell me tell me, how did it all go in the end?
Right now I'm on vacation for about 21 days, since December 23rd, in New Jersey and New York City. Yes, I did get my GED about a month ago. I don't have a job yet, and I have no clue what I'm going to do next. I'm a bit reluctant to start college after what I've been through.

And no, I don't live alone. Razz I don't know whether I should move in with my aunt and uncle (whom I'm visiting right now), because they stressed that college was something important to start. Like, what if I don't like college? I hope they agree with online college if it ever comes to that.

Right now I'm also still hating my parents, and telling my sister every time I talk to her to hate school.

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
01-04-2013 08:46 AM
LiptomaticMate Offline
N/A

(01-04-2013 08:46 AM)Thel Vadam Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 06:12 AM)LiptomaticMate Wrote:  

Right now I'm on vacation for about 21 days, since December 23rd, in New Jersey and New York City. Yes, I did get my GED about a month ago. I don't have a job yet, and I have no clue what I'm going to do next. I'm a bit reluctant to start college after what I've been through.

And no, I don't live alone. Razz I don't know whether I should move in with my aunt and uncle (whom I'm visiting right now), because they stressed that college was something important to start. Like, what if I don't like college? I hope they agree with online college if it ever comes to that.

Right now I'm also still hating my parents, and telling my sister every time I talk to her to hate school.

21! days :O Awesome! Biggrin I'm glad for you, I didn't know online college existed? Maybe I'll consider that some time as well Razz Anyway, good luck in the future with stuff. Smile
01-04-2013 02:07 PM
 Thanks given by: GamerGurl
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Greetings fellow Virginian. Glad to hear everything is starting to work out for you! Yes, you were blatantly lied to by those who told you that you must enroll in a special program in order to take the GED. They will stoop to any low in order to keep us trapped in their clutches, but we're smart enough to see through it. Currently I am eighteen and a senior at my high school, which I would have dropped out from a couple of years ago had I wanted to. I simply have been using school to have at least some human interaction, and to provide as a buffer for me while I figured out what I wanted to do in college and my life. I am realizing that I want to do something in the fields of Biology and/or Psychology, but I'm still not exactly sure. I at least know enough now to be able to sign up for the right courses in college and have advanced to a point socially where I don't need to latch on to school just to get human interaction.

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you were interested in online college, but I have another suggestion. Have you considered community college? It's relatively cheap, and many of the courses at some community colleges can be taken online. The one I plan on attending next school year, John Tyler Community College, is an example of one that offers online courses. It wouldn't be possible to go there without going to a physical class at all, but it does help to cut out at least some of the bullshit. From community college, you can transfer to any 4 year university in the state granted that you maintain a certain GPA and follow the course requirements that the university you wish to transfer to requires. You're in a very good position right now to go through college very swiftly given that you have already graduated. You're sixteen right now, so you could very easily be done with that bullshit by the time you're 21 if you enroll for the fall semester.

If you aren't already, work on getting your driver's licence. It'll make moving out from your parents & getting a job a whole lot easier. Good luck on your future endeavors. You seem very intelligent enough to me to succeed in whatever you decide to do. Smile

Who am I? Who are YOU?
01-05-2013 07:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ever had a court date? Guest 53 5,782 10-22-2010 01:11 PM
Last Post: Guest