RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
finally got around to this
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

ok, so like at the beginning of last month we had a football game against our rivals and it was a home game (doesn't really matter though) and for w/e reason we decided to have the game ball parachuted in, along with the U.S. flag...I was actually kind of impressed until...When the flag guy got close enough, the first parachutist and a few other people ran out onto the field to help him move quickly to get off of the field so they could play, well he stood for there for about a minute as the guy got closer, but here is what i hate the most, and as he went in for the landing, they let the flag hit the ground and didn't even bother to move a muscle to pick it up until he stopped moving, even then though the parachutist just quickly balled it up in his arms and ran off the field...needless to say i was pissed at my skool and wish the news would have scolded them for it.

Now today, I was with my friends before skool and noticed that at the front of the building on a desk by the main doors was a poorly folded up flag just sitting there in one of those little plastic IN/OUT boxes and i noted that to my friends because just a few days ago we helped out with the memorial services for Kyle Osborn, a graduate from our skool that died in Afghanistan and was honored by one of our middle skools quite a few weeks ago, and I learned about him on the internet a few days before the news actually covered his story.

So I find it extremely sad that my skool will honor a fallen soldier, but can't be bothered to honor the symbol of freedom that he fights for...normally I wouldn't say this, but will someone please come terrorize my skool's faculty because of their idiocy?

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-03-2012 02:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
techguy Offline
Insert Comment Here

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I know what you mean about people disrespecting flags. I went to school earlier this semester and the flag was on the pole upside down. I was like really! Again, I don't think school vandalism is cool; but someone should certainly bring it to attention.
10-03-2012 03:54 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

RE: finally got around to this

Yea, it just bugs me that some people will claim to love this country, but yet can't be bothered to do anything right when it comes to honoring the biggest symbol of freedom we have, even if it is made in China.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

10-03-2012 05:12 AM
PlagueMeister Offline
Oppressed

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Something I've wondered is why people pledge their allegiance to a piece of cloth...
They're not saying that they are pledging allegiance to America, they "to the flag of the United States..etc" basically saying that the flag is a superior power, and casting themselves as subordinates to it.

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know." ~Socrates
10-03-2012 05:34 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Hello flag, what the fuck is this?

Let me piss on it.
10-03-2012 05:40 AM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

(10-03-2012 05:34 AM)PlagueMeister Wrote:  Something I've wondered is why people pledge their allegiance to a piece of cloth...
They're not saying that they are pledging allegiance to America, they "to the flag of the United States..etc" basically saying that the flag is a superior power, and casting themselves as subordinates to it.

Some people probably put this in a military subtext, i.e. pledging to the power(s?) of the United States and its respective decisions.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
10-03-2012 05:43 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

As a hater of America I fell bad the soldiers waisted their time fighting for such a sorry country.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-03-2012 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-03-2012 10:36 AM)MentalAnarchist Wrote:  As a hater of America I fell bad the soldiers waisted their time fighting for such a sorry country.

you know, I don't hate you or anything (i'm serious) but there is a picture that I found years n years ago that fits your beliefs pretty well...well, actually it's some words with a flag for the background...

"If you don't support our troops, then feel free to stand in front of them."

Just thought I'd share that, you can go back to doing whatever it is you were doing now.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-03-2012 12:22 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I dont dislike america, but I do wish some things would be done differently. I do think that we shouldnt get involved where we really shouldnt, like vietnam and afganistan. I do think that the government should have less controll over stuff like makeing us do stuff like school. But I agree schools need to treat flags better, my school also had a flag upside down and many times it has fallen off the pole and we had to track it down. We usually find it on the roof of mcdonnalds.
10-04-2012 05:55 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-04-2012 05:55 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  We usually find it on the roof of mcdonnalds.

well, atleast it went to the official sponsor of the 2012 olympics...but yea, next time you see the flag upside down you should go into the principal's office and start questioning him about why it's like that and if he is a communist...or even better, if he plans on shooting up the skool one day(careful with this one though, because as soon as you say it he'll probably start yelling and demanding respect even though he doesn't deserve any)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-04-2012 07:06 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

So I should change my name and signature again...

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
10-07-2012 12:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

why did you change your name?

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-07-2012 12:19 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

i cant decide.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
10-08-2012 02:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  It's Finally Over. It's Finally, a-fucking over James Comey 7 3,136 06-07-2015 03:16 AM
Last Post: xcriteria