RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So my Turkish and Science teacher came.
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

They talked to my parents and it was alright.Nicer of a visit than I expected it to be.Though they did try to talk about showing grades to my parents and I was pretty surprised a few days earlier that I bombed my pre-algebra test with a 30 to 40.I can't remember.They did give me a mug though...IT'S FRIDAY,FRIDAY,WHO CARES IT'S FRIDAY!

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
RE: So my Turkish and Science teacher came.

Your teacher came into your apartment, house, wherever you live? At least my teachers leave me alone. And I am takeing algebra now, and my average for that class is lower then that quiz you "bombed".
09-29-2012 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Peace Loving Blood Lover

It's some kind of idea the magical charter school came up with.Also a 70 is probably bombing in my school.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-29-2012 10:27 AM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  It's some kind of idea the magical charter school came up with.Also a 70 is probably bombing in my school.

Charter school sounds like a hellhole. A 70 is bombing? In my school a 70 is a b+! Your school is terrible. And what exactly does charter school mean?
09-29-2012 10:29 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Charter school sounds pretty much the same as public school, if not worse. :(
09-29-2012 10:46 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

They're just like public schools,except more strict and there are usually no bullies what so ever.There are cameras all over the hallways so you can't do anything sneaky.There are also tons of people who think grades are everything and if you get anywhere lower than a 80 that that has to be the worst grade ever.No selling pop-rocks are doing dirty things in janitors closets for me.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 11:30 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Lower then 80 is worst grade ever? Thats wierd, here an 80 is A! Cameras all over? We have none, and whwn teachers see stuff happening, they dont care.
09-29-2012 12:05 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Come to Ar-kansas and hope you find a good school,or better,NO SCHOOL AT ALL!

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 12:28 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-29-2012 12:28 PM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  Come to Ar-kansas and hope you find a good school,or better,NO SCHOOL AT ALL!

Schools around the world have one thing in common: they all suvk ass!
09-29-2012 12:35 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

You are such an amazing girl.Albert Einstein rules.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 12:39 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-29-2012 12:39 PM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  You are such an amazing girl.Albert Einstein rules.

That makes no sense at all. And please dont be a creep, creeps are creepy!
09-29-2012 12:40 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Naw,I'm just the diggy fresh sciocologist.I touch peoples brians man.Can I touch your brain.ITS FOR SCIENCE!

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 12:42 PM
 Thanks given by: Loafoceaple
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-29-2012 12:42 PM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  Naw,I'm just the diggy fresh sciocologist.I touch peoples brians man.Can I touch your brain.ITS FOR SCIENCE!

CREEP!!!!!!!Creep alert (sirens sound) beep! beep! beep! creep alert! Man your stations! beep! beep! beep! creep alert!
09-29-2012 12:45 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

I'm only trying to make ya less lonely.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 12:47 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Also the 70's and 80's and 90's rule.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 12:48 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

all skools suck, but just like when voting, you're forced to choose the lesser of two evils...or don't vote for either one of those deushbags and write in MARION BLACKETER!!!

my teachers have never wanted to come to my house, they just talked to my parents at the parent/teacher meetings...which i always used to tell my parents about, now they don't care anyways and they work so they don't really want to come home, get a quick shower, then leave for no reason again

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-29-2012 01:32 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-29-2012 12:47 PM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  I'm only trying to make ya less lonely.

oh, ok. I thought you were being creepy like fagix.
09-29-2012 01:40 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Don't worry I just get a little trolley when I'm bored. Also I changed my username. It's more on the career I want now.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 01:48 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-30-2012 01:48 AM)TheMentalLover Wrote:  Don't worry I just get a little trolley when I'm bored. Also I changed my username. It's more on the career I want now.

Good, I hate creeps. Trolls are annoying, but dont act creepy. And how can that username have anything to do with a career?
09-30-2012 04:35 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

I tend to be very curious about how the human brain,thoughts,and emotions work.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 05:52 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

What makes creeps different from trolls?
10-01-2012 07:43 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-01-2012 07:43 AM)zagix Wrote:  What makes creeps different from trolls?

creeps like explosions, trolls like money to cross their bridge...simple as that, in terms of where both sort of originated.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

10-01-2012 08:04 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

No I think that's backwards.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
10-01-2012 08:06 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-01-2012 08:06 AM)MentalAnarchist Wrote:  No I think that's backwards.

Nope. Creepers were born from a coding bug and they blow up when the player gets too close to them in Minecraft, and trolls were born in fairy tales and lived under bridges and in most stories, people had to pay the troll to be able to pass the bridge. The more you know.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-01-2012 08:10 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Noob I been playing Minecraft long to know I died by creepers more than once and that that's not what I meant. I hope you die by zombie pigmen in protection 4 god armor.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
10-02-2012 07:33 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(10-02-2012 07:33 AM)MentalAnarchist Wrote:  Noob I been playing Minecraft long to know I died by creepers more than once and that that's not what I meant. I hope you die by zombie pigmen in protection 4 god armor.

...wait, what?

You said what I said was backwards, but trolls have never exploded in any story that I've heard, but creepers were accidentally made to explode. So please explain what you said because I have no idea what you meant.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-02-2012 12:13 PM
RammsteinFearFactory Offline
Celery Addict's metalhead friend

Given 33 thank(s) in 28 post(s)

My ICT teacher wanted to come around my house to browse the browser cache of my web browsers and install monitoring shit, but my mother disallowed it. I don't blame her. He doesn't even know fuck all about ICT, every lesson he just tells you where to find a tutorial. We're meant to be making a website but it isn't even a website, it's just a document file for cross between Word and PowePoint called Mediator that will never be put online and requires no real effort or coding, just how to copy and paste pictures from Google Images. 99% of the time the tutorial video doesn't even work, and because it doesn't work I'm missing lunch and break periods to make their shitty document and watch whatever loads of their tutorial.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif]
10-04-2012 08:57 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

easiest way to make a website ever....................free website host (technically it is a website, but you didn't have to do any of the coding they wanted you to do)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

10-04-2012 12:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Our Science Teacher Told Us To Make Flashcards And Study From Them EntityCubed 2 2,070 09-18-2013 01:34 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  What my Enviornmental Science teacher claimed ..V.. 13 4,096 09-12-2013 06:35 AM
Last Post: ..V..
  My science teacher says I have a mad scientist brain EntityCubed 12 7,979 08-10-2013 04:05 AM
Last Post: EntityCubed
  My Science teacher is retiring next year CrayolaColours 22 5,910 05-30-2010 06:22 PM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  My science teacher's wisdomly mustings Milk2Go 13 3,615 03-15-2010 01:54 AM
Last Post: Rebelnerd
  My jackass science teacher's bitch fest. monkey 1 1,892 03-13-2010 05:31 PM
Last Post: Sanjuro
  ROFL MY SCIENCE TEACHER HAS NO SENSE OF HUMOR tibugg 12 4,880 03-20-2008 02:26 PM
Last Post: colbert2012