RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Don't Serve Teens.gov
waspline Offline
Revolutionary

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
Don't Serve Teens.gov

http://www.dontserveteens.gov
Fucking. RAGED
I'm SICK of this bullshit.
09-23-2012 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ky , The man
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Don't Serve Teens.gov

I believe there was once a thread dedicated to this. Very ageist, but I can't say youths would be perceived any better for drinking.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-23-2012 01:46 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)
RE: Don't Serve Teens.gov

Quote:Teen drinking is linked to injury and risky behavior.

... ummmmmm, can I revise that for you?

Being alive is related to injury and risky behavior*

ahhhh, that feels much better on my brain, thanks for letting me do that to your greatly thought out sentence.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-23-2012 01:48 PM
 Thanks given by: waspline
Ky Offline
Shadow

Don't Serve Teens.gov

Drinking in general is linked to injury and risky behavior. Don't isolate teens on this.

09-23-2012 01:49 PM
 Thanks given by: Miller0700 , SomeRandomHuman , KrystalLena
waspline Offline
Revolutionary

(09-23-2012 01:49 PM)DoA Wrote:  Drinking in general is linked to injury and risky behavior. Don't isolate teens on this.

EXACTLY. The government just wants to isolate teens and lable us as dangerous any way they can.
09-23-2012 01:51 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Don't Serve Teens.gov

I recommend using the "THANKS" button. Wink

09-23-2012 01:52 PM
 Thanks given by: waspline
waspline Offline
Revolutionary

(09-23-2012 01:52 PM)DoA Wrote:  I recommend using the "THANKS" button. Wink

Ahh yes, a wonderful button indeed. Oldfag here not used to it Razz
09-23-2012 01:53 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)
Don't Serve Teens.gov

>feb 2010
>oldfag
L o fucking L
09-23-2012 03:13 PM
waspline Offline
Revolutionary

Well... I consider it old. Yeah not an oldfag.
09-23-2012 03:16 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Don't Serve Teens.gov

You've been here a while, but you're not a fag. Giggle

Technically, drinking too much can be linked to injury and risky behaviour. Not drinking small amounts... unless of course you can't handle small amounts. And are horribly irresponsible. Which could apply to the average adult just as much as the average teenager. In which case it isn't really alcohol's fault, but the person's irresponsibility.

But they seem to think all teens are equally irresponsible, and that all adults are equally responsible. Which isn't true.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-23-2012 11:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

^that's why I revised it to just plain being alive, because they are only trying to target alcohol, but drugs can do the same thing to kids, and since you have to be alive for both of those truely obvious statements to actually be true, it just made more sense to me.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

09-24-2012 01:27 AM
 Thanks given by: KrystalLena
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Don't Serve Teens.gov

THERE'S NOTHING I HATE MORE THAN LAZY PARENTS WHO ASK HOW TO PARENT,ACT LIKE THEY CAN'T PROTECT THEIR CHILD,AND THEN BLAME THE WORLD ON THE CHILDREN THEY RAISED!!!!!!

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
09-24-2012 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Don't Serve Teens.gov

^ I hate a few things more, but that pisses me off as well. So, what does this have to do with alcoholism?

09-24-2012 09:59 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

(09-24-2012 09:59 AM)DoA Wrote:  ^ I hate a few things more, but that pisses me off as well. So, what does this have to do with alcoholism?
Simple,parents think only teenagers and their wives or husbands drink beer when it's definitely not the case.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-24-2012 12:17 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
Don't Serve Teens.gov

"Current teen drinkers are more than twice as likely to have had sexual intercourse within the past three months than teens who don't drink."

"Higher drinking levels increase the likelihood of sexual activity."

Teens who drink alcohol are more likely than nondrinkers to smoke marijuana, use inhalants, or carry a weapon."

"Young people are more susceptible to alcohol-induced impairment of their driving skills. Drinking drivers aged 16 to 20 are twice as likely to be involved in a fatal crash as drinking drivers who are 21 or older."

" If kids can vote and join the military at 18, why do they have to wait until they're 21 to drink legally?
A. It's the law. In addition, ages of "initiation" vary. You can work at 14, vote at 18 and drink at 21, but you can't run for Congress until you're 25. Researchers who have evaluated the data say the minimum legal drinking age delays the onset of alcohol use. As a result, it reduces drinking-related injuries among teens and the risk of alcohol abuse and dependence later in life."

This website is full of so much shit.
09-27-2012 01:43 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:the minimum legal drinking age delays the onset of alcohol use
Laugh
Do people really believe this crap?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-28-2012 12:57 AM
 Thanks given by: Ky
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Hell no they don't, but they hope that if they repeat it enough, someone else will, which unfortunately often works when they are a/the only major source of information on the subject.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
09-28-2012 05:13 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Don't Serve Teens.gov

All I want to say is that they don't really care about us.-Michael Jackson

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 08:05 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

The legal drinking age thing is ignored where I live. I see people from my school (I go to middle school) being served at bars. If they want to get anywhere, they have to realise to get anywhere their current ruels need to be followed. Although I have never had alclohol, nearly everybody at my school has. I think hiwever it is just as bad for adults as it is for kids and they need to completely ban it or let everybody have it. I would lean twords completely banning it, drunk people are no fun, I know from experience.
09-29-2012 12:27 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Don't Serve Teens.gov

Pff,which students actually cares about the drinking age except my school's.I really need to go back to D****r.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 12:32 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(09-29-2012 12:27 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  The legal drinking age thing is ignored where I live. I see people from my school (I go to middle school) being served at bars. If they want to get anywhere, they have to realise to get anywhere their current ruels need to be followed. Although I have never had alclohol, nearly everybody at my school has. I think hiwever it is just as bad for adults as it is for kids and they need to completely ban it or let everybody have it. I would lean twords completely banning it, drunk people are no fun, I know from experience.

i don't know if another prohibition would work, but if it were to happen, i suggest we just make it available to anyone over the age of 72 (because 70 is too common)

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

09-29-2012 01:38 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Don't Serve Teens.gov

Change drinking age to 100 and the voting age to 16.Maybe they should have a test of your intelligence so they can tell of you should vote or not.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-29-2012 10:35 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-29-2012 10:35 PM)TheMentalLover Wrote:  Change drinking age to 100 and the voting age to 16.Maybe they should have a test of your intelligence so they can tell of you should vote or not.
I'd be more for changing the drinking age to either N/A, 18, or 72, and changing the voting age to 12.

09-30-2012 03:06 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Don't Serve Teens.gov

I'd ban all drugs that change your emotions or the way your brain works, and I'd have no voting age, but a test to see how smart you are on politics.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 05:59 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-30-2012 05:59 AM)MentalAnarchist Wrote:  I'd ban all drugs that change your emotions or the way your brain works, and I'd have no voting age, but a test to see how smart you are on politics.
Well, aren't you an authoritarian? Banning things left and right and testing people on something sounds like something a power-hungry school official would do.

09-30-2012 10:05 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Don't Serve Teens.gov

It's really testing on how idiotic you are like there would be patriotic and political questions. Also some thrown in weird ones in there. You'd have to put a legit conversation in your head before you judge.
Also I hate the idea that people wouldn't except who they are and use drugs to change their own selves when they have so much potential without them.It makes me tear up thinking about it.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 10:46 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Drugs get nobody nowhere. I know from living in the shitty part of detroit. There are so many people who do drugs, drug dealers freely sell thier goods and nobody bothers them. And they just get addicted and become douchebags without brains. And then they end up here. That is how the idiot (my mom) wound up here, and now I am stuck here. Dont do drugs!
09-30-2012 12:39 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Since I have never done drugh, I have hope of moveing away to somewhere without drugs and idiots
09-30-2012 12:41 PM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Don't Serve Teens.gov

Maybe you can try Kansas,not Ar-Kansas though.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-30-2012 11:28 PM
Original Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(09-23-2012 01:44 PM)Jmusial Wrote:  http://www.dontserveteens.gov
Fucking. RAGED
I'm SICK of this bullshit.

You're sig is a perfect example of what I want to do.
10-30-2012 11:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  a book for teens by former teens Desu 34 13,816 06-07-2013 09:10 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  "WE DON'T SERVE TEENS" LOON_ATTIC 32 7,246 02-27-2010 01:22 AM
Last Post: Absnt