RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your sixth grade experience.
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Tongue Your sixth grade experience.

I guess since I showed my early history on my sixth grade history why not you all show ALL of YOURS! THIS MAKES ALL THE LOGIC!http://forums.school-survival.net/images/ss-smileys/cuckoo.gif Well since I went to sixth grade turning 12 in October I want you to explain yours.Stop making me restate my first sentence AND PREPARE FOR YOUR SYCOLOGY!(I can't spell tonight.) http://forums.school-survival.net/images...tongue.gif

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
09-23-2012 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

My sixth grade year was one of the most ridiculous experiences I've ever had to face.

People were spreading a rumor that I was gay (from the first day, no less), my inability to get to each of my classes on time (I only got three minutes between classes to navigate the huge building) earned me a detention, I experienced gigantic workloads for the first time, and I had to lug a heavy trumpet to and from school every day. It was such a large transition from my relatively simple elementary school experience that it gave me what I would classify as minor depression - I still have it to this day.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 11:43 AM by Ky.)
09-23-2012 11:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Your sixth grade experience.

Shit. My teacher barely had control over us and the school was beginning to go downhill. I also was bullied and ridiculed here.

Previously known as Derchin.
09-23-2012 12:06 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

I barely remember it. School was still pathetically easy at that point, and I had no real problems.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-23-2012 12:13 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Sixth grade was a rude awakeining for me. That was when teachers started emailing my mom when I didnt do or lost my homework. (If you have read my thread "surviving this year" you know how bad that could be for me). That was when gangs started to form, the kind that will rob
all you got and beat anybody up for no reason. (there are many gangs, considering I live in the shitty part of detroit)Since I was too cowerdly to fight back, that was a problem. The elementry school bathrooms never had anybody doing drugs in thsm, so imagine my surprise when I found every drug on earth, legal or not (cigaretts, marijuana, crack, ect) being used there. I remember being stuffed in a locker on my first day.The gangsters were excited to find someone small and cowerdly enough to stuff in one. Luckilly the lockers are so crappy I broke out easily. ButI am in eigth grade now and it is a bit better, and all the gangsters have figured out by now I can break out really fast. At the middle school, people from richer parts went "slumming" (This town is quite shitty) and would make fun of us, wear really fancy clothes that belonged at a wedding and throw quarters and candy bars and watch people run for them and beat each other up for them. In elementry school, they prevented people from slumming. I miss elementry school.
09-23-2012 12:24 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

When I was in sixth grade, I made friends with an idiot(by this i mean he is one of those annoying people that are only tough until you hit them a few times in the face and they go home crying, or start a rumor that they kicked your ass, whichever is easier) that loved to make up stories to make himself seem cooler and I believed him, nothing really happened that year aside from all the detentions I got because we were only allowed to leave class for anything 4 times per semester(18 weeks=1 semester)and if I wasn't late, then I had to go back to my locker to get something that i forgot to grab so that I wouldn't be late. There was this one sub that we had for English because our real teacher got pregnant (like a lot of teachers were doing, hmmmm) and at one point there was this packet that she gave us and told us to do as much as we could, so even though I could have done it all no problem (I've always been pretty good at english despite what my typing tells you) I just did a few different pages and handed it into her, so the next day I get it back and she tells me that I need to do more, so I just think to myself "Whatever you fucking bitch" and did like 1 or 2 more questions and handed it back in, then she told me that I had to do the whole thing so I thought "Well why didn't you fucking say so bitch." I did that all fine and dandy, and when she finally got it graded and handed back, I did what i always do and quickly flip through the pages and I noticed that I got a question wrong because I said that humans were mammals, which they are, but I didn't want to get in some heated debate with this bitch and end up in trouble over nothing so I just continued to ignore her as much as possible while still being able to pass class so my parents didn't get mad at me.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-23-2012 01:59 PM
waspline Offline
Revolutionary

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Sixth grade was when everything went downhill for me. Parents checked my grades 5 or more times a day ( no shit). In a word, HELLHOLE
09-23-2012 02:24 PM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

6th grade was very boring for me. Nothing special. Science class was strictly textbook material, and the dullness probably made my intelligence drop.

I got in trouble once in 5th grade though. There was this vine growing on the playground fence, with honeysuckle flowers. I would take the flowers apart and eat the almost invisible drop of edible syrup inside of them. I did this with a bunch of kids until a teacher caught us.

She started freaking out and consulting other kids on if they were edible, like they knew any better. (They WERE, in fact, completely edible.) The only thing she could find to complain about was that "they could have bird poop and insects n stuff" so she got the school nurse, who called poison control, who assured her they were a safe and even edible species of flower. Even after that, the school didn't want to get in trouble so it was forbidden.

In 4th grade, I was put in time out for chasing a wasp.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 12:15 AM by GreenLamp.)
09-24-2012 12:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  8th Grade Out! Take a gap year instead of attending 8th grade? xcriteria 0 2,737 03-18-2015 07:53 AM
Last Post: xcriteria