RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video person reading from SS post and talking about it. :)
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

lulz, someone reading from SS and arguing against the stuff written there. Smile

Watch on YouTube

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-11-2012 11:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)
RE: Video person reading from SS post and talking about it. :)

lol... that's all i can say. She looks like she'd be a total bitch.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
09-12-2012 01:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Troll her on YouTube!
09-12-2012 03:30 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

I like her overuse of common adverbs, utilization of typical schoolfaf arguments, hesitation when reading off our page, lack of correct grammar (using "us" in place of "we", using "like" as a pause, etc.), and annoying music in the background. She's a real comedian.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-12-2012 06:29 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Ironic that she rags on the page's grammar...

Previously known as Derchin.
09-12-2012 06:49 AM
 Thanks given by: RammsteinFearFactory
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ I already made a note of it in the video's comments.

09-12-2012 06:56 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

I can't believe she pulled the "we're lucky" card. Not to mention here bad knowledge of the working world (a diploma and college gets you a job you like, which is obviously true if you want a job, they immediately demand a diploma for it). I'm also pretty sure that she didn't understand all of the words she read out. She also misunderstood a few points. I loved her comment to question 12, "I was told by A TEACHER that homework is set to teach us independence" I always thought it was a sign of bad teaching, or not enough time in the day. I'm actually outraged at her response to point 13. It's ridicoulous anyone could think that we need councilling to get rid of any anti-school thoughts. That's just oppression at its most basic level.

I love the final response. "school is useful to everyone, because you could be president, or bill gates or Steve jobs" she failed to mention that's bill gates dropped out of school, and I think Steve jobs may have. And, what are the chances of really becoming president? Let's be honest, she hasn't thought this through. To top it off, she's annoying.

P.S. I wrote this while watching it, so that's the reason for the poor compiling of the post.
09-12-2012 07:16 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-12-2012 07:16 AM)guts12 Wrote:  I can't believe she pulled the "we're lucky" card. Not to mention here bad knowledge of the working world (a diploma and college gets you a job you like, which is obviously true if you want a job, they immediately demand a diploma for it). I'm also pretty sure that she didn't understand all of the words she read out. She also misunderstood a few points. I loved her comment to question 12, "I was told by A TEACHER that homework is set to teach us independence" I always thought it was a sign of bad teaching, or not enough time in the day. I'm actually outraged at her response to point 13. It's ridicoulous anyone could think that we need councilling to get rid of any anti-school thoughts. That's just oppression at its most basic level.

I love the final response. "school is useful to everyone, because you could be president, or bill gates or Steve jobs" she failed to mention that's bill gates dropped out of school, and I think Steve jobs may have. And, what are the chances of really becoming president? Let's be honest, she hasn't thought this through. To top it off, she's annoying.

P.S. I wrote this while watching it, so that's the reason for the poor compiling of the post.
This. If I had to discriminate, I would say that she would be one of the more intelligent of Facebook-grade morons - her capability of reciting buzzwords is actually an advanced achievement for this group.

09-12-2012 07:20 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Is that an insult to me? I'm tired, so I can't think straight. If not, well done for pointing that out. If so, then oh. OH!
09-12-2012 07:24 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ Try reading it word-for-word...and about the tiredness, I know that feel.

09-12-2012 07:25 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

I just don't understand the word this. "This." isn't a complete sentence. Anyway, I do like the point about Facebook grade moron. She is as sharp as a tack, this one. You guys don't know this, but this is one of my sarcastic insults. She really has this whole life thing worked out.

Step 1) get a diploma
Step 2) want a job
Step 3) try to get a job because you have a diploma
Step 4) maybe get it, and be happy OR maybe not get it, and cry herself to sleep forever.

Basically, you shouldnt just refute a group of people's beliefs. My mate is doing that, and trying to use it as an insult against me. I'm so happy for my resilience others.
09-12-2012 07:30 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ When I say "This.", I mean that your thoughts on the matter would be an accurate reflection of my thoughts as well.

09-12-2012 07:32 AM
RammsteinFearFactory Offline
Celery Addict's metalhead friend

Given 33 thank(s) in 28 post(s)

I know that feel too. I can't think straight when tired, normally it's around early hours of the morning that people get the wrong idea from what I say and think I'm insulting them. And normally early hours of the morning is when I get into fall outs, although it never seems to happen with SSers, they always seem to fully understand what I say.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif]
09-12-2012 07:33 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Oh, thx. I love how we are just hanging around this post. I wonder why she decided to end a rant with "LOOK AT MAH TSHIRT COS IM A TOTAL BAWZ WITH A DIPLOMA IN... LIKE REALLY LIKE BAD UMM.. ENGLISH" true statement,

I just realised, we are screwed if she comes on here
09-12-2012 07:34 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

We're not screwed if she's the only one.

09-12-2012 07:36 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Suppose. We should put a disclaimer on this thing though, which legally gets us out of any legal stuff we could get into potentially. She may have bad English, but may have a grea grasp of law. I just got what I think was a joke/insult to her intelligence with tha sentence. LOL
09-12-2012 07:37 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ Great grasp of law? She'd have to be an SS-level high school student to even have basic. And that I very much doubt. Considering this is the Internet, and considering the many discussions in the forums, this discussion is completely inconsequential.

Anyway, I think she might have been trying to be funny. I'm not sure, but something about that video makes me want to explode into laughter.

09-12-2012 07:40 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

The sheer stupidity of it? The idioticness of the whole set of arguements? The fact she had to include "like" and "umm" into EVERY sentence? The fact it took me over 5 minutes to compile this list of things that I could say in about 20 seconds?
09-12-2012 07:43 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs both dropped out of college. They didn't even require a diploma because they were entrepreneurs. Also, she reads like shes in 5th grade.

And the ending.
09-12-2012 10:06 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

I pray she decides to take the debate here so we can tear the argument to shreds.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-12-2012 11:00 AM
 Thanks given by: Miller0700
Omniscient Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Stopped watching after she used the "We're lucky" argument for fear of my IQ dropping. Seriously, it's like saying "HURR DURR we r lucky to be branwashed!1 it gud for yu!11!!!1"
Really shows how ignorant people can be. She's just sucking on the government's balls.
09-12-2012 11:31 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

^ It doesn't get much worse than that, you can keep watching for something else to hate about it. Yeah, I seriously get pissed off every time someone tries to make the first-world to third-world correlation (mostly because it doesn't exist).

09-12-2012 11:59 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(09-12-2012 11:00 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  I pray she decides to take the debate here so we can tear the argument to shreds.

Fuck to the yes

09-12-2012 12:14 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

She removed the video.

09-12-2012 02:32 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

LOL
Wow, what'd you guys post on there? Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-12-2012 03:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

She got too many dislikes and can't take criticism.
09-13-2012 12:49 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Holy crap. She must've cut herself over that one.

09-13-2012 07:16 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Yay! We actually accomplished something worthwhile! We saved literally 10's of idiots from being brainwashed by a person with the language skills of a 2 year old.
09-13-2012 09:32 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

now i'm sad that i waited so long to get on my good computer(not the skool one, but still crappy)to watch the video...did anyone download it? or know if it's posted somewhere else on the internet? i still wanna see it lol

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-13-2012 09:57 AM
V.R. Offline
Revolutionary

Given 19 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Damn, I'm late.
09-13-2012 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Video of ME ME ME talking about testing lisafromjackson 0 1,463 03-09-2015 10:50 AM
Last Post: lisafromjackson
  Summer reading. (Or schools and reading in general.) Jordbaer 27 6,632 07-15-2010 09:19 AM
Last Post: Prince Rilian
  TALKING! weirdalyankovicfan272727 6 3,161 03-25-2008 04:25 AM
Last Post: NiteRaidah