RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Surviving this year
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
RE: Surviving this year

(10-14-2012 01:17 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  That law is extremely unlikely to even be considered, most people think that guy is a nutjob.

Well, you should tell someone about the teachers that are abusing you, and yes, that is abuse.

This is abuse? Then the idiot was more then abuse!
10-15-2012 04:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I am in a bad mood because the chick fil a is CLOSED ON SUNDAYS!!!!!!! What kind of retard came up with that!!!!!!! So I went to a pizza hut buffet somewhere else and I had a coupon, so I only spent $1 for all you can eat pizza, pasta, breadsticks, chicken wings, soda, ect. Pretty good deal considering all the food I ate. Multiple waiters were stareing at me open mouthed!
10-15-2012 04:59 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Surviving this year

^ Lol

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
10-15-2012 05:53 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

Ive always wondered why hobos don't just do all you can eat at pizza hut. Seems like a great idea!
10-15-2012 07:37 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(10-15-2012 07:37 AM)guts12 Wrote:  Ive always wondered why hobos don't just do all you can eat at pizza hut. Seems like a great idea!

Me too. I am sure if you looked hard you could find $1 worth of coins on the street.
10-15-2012 08:37 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Exactly. Hobos of the world, you can't see this.
10-16-2012 08:27 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

And it is all you can eat, so to survive the hobo would only need to find $1 every few days. And if they are willing to take a really lon walk or hitchhike to the rich parts of detroit, they could just beg for a day and go back here and get a few pizza hut buffets.
10-16-2012 09:29 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Exactly. Hobos don't have it so tough. We have had enough spare time to self homelessness in America, Britian, etc. I wonder when our medal arrives.
10-17-2012 07:07 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Court case yesterday was a VICTORY! (well, for now). When the idiot came, they made the mistake of not chaining her to anything. The case was going crumby, I was sure she would be with me again. When I talked about her throwing me out the window she said "oh no you little fuckface, you said you wouldnt tell anybody. Remember i said I would kill you?" And grabbed me by the neck, lifted me up and threw me quite far. The po po managed to catch her, and chained her to a pole. Just like she has done to me, but she uses rope! Revenge! HAHAHAHA! I am in duch a great mood! Biggrin YES! She will be sentenced for another 2 months! HAHA! Then on trial again! HAHAHA THAT FUCKER!!!!!!! If she wants to get out, she should stop attacking people, but I am good with this because she will jever get out! HAHA LOL! Biggrin
10-17-2012 07:17 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

She ain't too bright, is she?

10-17-2012 09:09 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(10-17-2012 09:09 AM)DoA Wrote:  She ain't too bright, is she?

She isnt bright at all! But it does comein handy, instead of formulating a celve plan, she tries to beat me up in fron to 10 coppers! She is so dumb that if I hadnt seen it, I wouldve never believed it!
10-17-2012 11:07 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Perhaps she belongs in the loony bin? O_o

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-17-2012 11:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Yeah, no fooling! What a nut!
10-18-2012 05:33 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Ugh. The detention sulervisor is makeing me stand for the rest of the detention. She left the room now, but I am scared to sit because I wont be able to get up quickly. This hurts like HELL!!!!!!! I am super pissed. I swear, the next person to go near me will get hit so fucking hard! And recently my "good" ankle gave out with a very loud pop/boom noise. I am now lieing on the floor. And I cant get up. This sucks balls. For once in my life, I hope somebody will come in here now. Somebody who will help me up. This is CRAP! I am trying so fucking hard, but I just cant. And after the detention, what can I do about this? These crutches are just too hard. Even my "good" leg is giving me issues. The other leg has a broken ankle and completely ruptured achilles! And i have a broken wrist! This sucks ass!!!!!!!
10-18-2012 06:23 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

if you're being forced to stand in detention, then just leave and go to your counselor or to the office and ask to use their phone to call the cops, because as big an obstacle the cops might be, they also work as a great threat when shit like this happens to you. If you get threatened with expulsion or anything for walking out then threaten back with a class action lawsuit (not sure what goes into this, don't wanna google it, but it seems to be the highest form of lawsuit and the most painful to the wallet) or just bring up all the shit that's happened to you in school and then ask whoever is yelling at you if they really want to keep building up the file of reasons you have to sue them.

yes almost all my solutions involve cops or court, but the fact of the matter is, if nothing else, your skool will treat you right after numerous threats that could kill their reputation and all that shit.

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-18-2012 08:00 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

A few problems with that solution. I cant get up (I am trying for all I am worth) and still nobody has come yet. It has been over an hour. So i cant just walk out. Threatening wont work, I have tried that. And the only phones is in principles office, and guidance, and both are attatched to cords. The cops are dumb, it wont work. But I hope somebody will come, I am trying hard as I can, and I cant get up. Probally because I have a broken wrist and one ankle is hurt badly, and the other is really sore and painful from carrying extra wieght and still very weak from giving out. So thats why I cant get up.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 08:16 AM by SomeRandomHuman.)
10-18-2012 08:13 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Surviving this year

HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE LEARNED ANYTHING! VIOLENCE WITH WEAPONS IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER!(Unless jail is involved)

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
10-18-2012 08:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(10-18-2012 08:15 AM)EmpathyLover Wrote:  HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE LEARNED ANYTHING! VIOLENCE WITH WEAPONS IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER!(Unless jail is involved)

But I cant! I cant even get up!
10-18-2012 08:51 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Ugh, this sucks ass! I feel like giving up and I wish I coukd just die! I have decided to give up on getting up myself. I hear distant footstepa in the hall. Maybe they will come here and help me up!?
10-18-2012 08:54 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

...They're seriously leaving you to lie on the floor? Sue their asses.

10-18-2012 08:59 AM
 Thanks given by: McGee!
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Yippee! Biggrin The footsteps I heard was one of my teachers, and she is accually nice! She walked in because she heard me shout and she screamed when she saw me. she helped me get up, but I immediatly fell to the ground even though she gave me my crutches. I landed on my bad leg. :( grrr! I screamed in pain. She decided to help me up again, this time supporting me with her arm. I of course fell again, but she was grabbing me firmly. I slid out of her grasp, and slid into a split. I screamed so hard that if anybody else had been here, they wouldve ran over. At this point, we were both seriously worried. She figured that there must be something wrong. So, she just picked me up (she is freaky huge, almost 7 feet tall)and really strong. She just held me on
my back as though I was a baby. She had no trouble carrying me at all! She then flung me in a chair i. the nurses office. Right now, she is looking for an ice pack. She will then try to help me somehow.
10-18-2012 09:44 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

That sounds pretty painful - I think you have some evidence you can use against the school if ever they attempt something like that on you again.

10-18-2012 09:58 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

The freezer with the ice in it is locked. Ugh. She looked at my "good" ankle and my wrist. She said they both look TERRIBLE! And I really need something done. The good ankle is red and swelling and hurts. She knows of a really cheap place to get stuff like that done, but it is after hours, and more expensive. So I will wait, if I even go. Since we live in the same building, she gave me a ride home, and helped me into my aparrment. I found out she lives across the hall from me. She said that she would give me a ride to that cheap clinic place if I decide to go. She says I really need to though. And she says I should really be in a wheelchair. But she did find an ankle brace in the nurses office
and suggested I use that after some ice if I decide not to do anything
about it. She says I really need to though. I wish all teachers were that nice.
10-18-2012 10:22 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

Well, isn't that something?

Yeah, I think a wheelchair is a good idea, as is going to that clinic.

10-18-2012 10:27 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

a really cheap clinic that is more expensive? This hurts my brain almost as much as playing Portal (1 or 2)...and i referred to that game as "Sorry man, busy getting mind raped so i can't play minecraft"

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
10-18-2012 01:06 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Damn, you just keep falling apart.

Wheelchair sounds like a good idea... glad you have a nice teacher living nearby. Smile

Can you talk to this teacher about the other teacher(s) forcing you to stand and stuff?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-19-2012 03:11 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(10-19-2012 03:11 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Damn, you just keep falling apart.

Wheelchair sounds like a good idea... glad you have a nice teacher living nearby. Smile

Can you talk to this teacher about the other teacher(s) forcing you to stand and stuff?
Yeah, I kinda am falling apart. But this is ridiculoys. I have suckey luck. I dont think it will do any good to talk to her about it, because none of the other teachers listen to her and are actually quite bitchy to her. A lot of other students are bitchy to her. She was probally so nice to me because i am one of very few who are accually nice to her. I dont think I need to go to the cheap cheap clinic. And using the crutches is fine. I just fall a few times a day. But it sucks a bit because it take me forever to gt up. But i still gt up. And I have a doctor appointment payed for by the idiot tommorrow for a cast change and to schedual the sirgery. Maybe he can take a look at my wrist and ankle too. These casts need to be changed so often bacause the position needs to change a lot because of the way the ankle was broken.
10-19-2012 09:01 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser