RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Surviving this year
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
RE: Surviving this year

*Gives hug through internet*

I'm glad it worked out for the best.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-18-2012 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

The idiot will be in the slammer for a month! yes! But sadly, she can be bailed and her dumbass friends might bail her! They are deciding if I will have to live with the bitch or get another parent after she gets out! I am so startled it was simple as calling the cops! I though I would have to run away or wait untill I am 18! And zagix, this isnt fake, I dont know why anybody would be stupif enough to fake this?
09-18-2012 11:56 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Surviving this year

^ Okay, just keep the name-calling to yourself and attempt to plead that you would not like to live with her as professionally as possible.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-18-2012 12:02 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-18-2012 07:43 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  that's some scary pain tolerance you got there.. .. O_o

yeah, its kinda creepy. The doctor kept checking and even called in someone to be sure the machines arent broken because I wasnt screaming in pain like he thought I should be. The doctor said l will need surgery to fix the tendon, and is trying to decide if he should wait untill the break is healed. (said he would normally wait, but thinks with my pain tolerence it might be ok.)
09-18-2012 12:04 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

^ Maybe you're just in shock.

09-18-2012 12:06 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I really hope nobody will bail her. Her friends are talking about it. Heres proof of their stupidity, they asked me if I wanted to help bail her! I said no way, look what she did to my leg and she slaps me a lot. They are so stupid. I hope there will be a newspaper arcticle, many people dont want there to be one because this town is already considerd crappy enough. The cop that the idiot beat up wants a news story.
09-18-2012 09:16 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Surviving this year

Get the cop to go to a news reporter person?

lol @ her friends... wait, she has friends?

Anyway... yeah, definitely refuse to stay with her ever again. You deserve better. Hug

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-19-2012 12:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Surviving this year

Awesome shit, we can access the arrest records if you say which town you are in.
09-19-2012 02:28 AM
Bob42 Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I cried after reading this. Congratulations!!!!!!
09-19-2012 02:50 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I live in the shitty part of detroit (think factories, air pollution, crime and condemned buildings. But I think I could get in deep shit if I say the exact town, there is a huge campain to get people to move here.But I doubt thdy put this on records, they hardly put anything on records. And they want people to move here. There will be a court case tommorow, I am not getting a lawyer, all the lawyers are like the idiot, but not as bad.
09-19-2012 11:31 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-19-2012 12:36 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Get the cop to go to a news reporter person?

lol @ her friends... wait, she has friends?

Anyway... yeah, definitely refuse to stay with her ever again. You deserve better. Hug

Yes, even the biggest assholes can get friends around here. I would hope I deserve better. I hope I can live myself, the laws are rarely followed here, so I might. I wonder hiw I will get money, I cant get a job yet but the house (accually a really small apartment) is payed for, and I went to the bank and the idiots accounts have about $700,000 in them!
09-19-2012 11:36 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

Detroit! Of course, I should have guessed it from the way you described the people there - it (along with the surrounding area) is one of the cesspools of American society. I'm glad I don't live there.

09-19-2012 11:50 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-19-2012 11:50 AM)DoA Wrote:  Detroit! Of course, I should have guessed it from the way you described the people there - it (along with the surrounding area) is one of the cesspools of American society. I'm glad I don't live there.

The apartmemts are dirt cheap! The one I live in costed $5,000 (it came with beds, kitchenett appliances, a couch, basically all the furniture.) And the sad thing is, some people got theirs for less.
09-19-2012 11:59 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

And that was purchase price, not rental or anything. Its wierd, with all the money in the idiots account we couldve lived somewhere nicer, or gotten a bigger apartment.
09-19-2012 12:00 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-19-2012 02:50 AM)Bob42 Wrote:  I cried after reading this. Congratulations!!!!!!

I am super happy that this torture is over. It is nice to know that there are nice people in this world, I just live in a town of jerks.
09-19-2012 12:17 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-19-2012 11:59 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  
(09-19-2012 11:50 AM)DoA Wrote:  Detroit! Of course, I should have guessed it from the way you described the people there - it (along with the surrounding area) is one of the cesspools of American society. I'm glad I don't live there.

The apartmemts are dirt cheap! The one I live in costed $5,000 (it came with beds, kitchenett appliances, a couch, basically all the furniture.) And the sad thing is, some people got theirs for less.

That makes more sense to me than you could possibly know - no wonder all the assholes end up there. My advice: Move as far away from there as possible, if possible. Or at least settle somewhere decent in the Upper Midwest, like Milwaukee, Chicago, heck, even St. Louis.

09-19-2012 12:43 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I cant get away now, I will go to court tommorow and I am being forced to live here for now.
09-19-2012 01:02 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-19-2012 01:02 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  I cant get away now, I will go to court tommorow and I am being forced to live here for now.
What I mean is, move away when you can. If you've got relatives out-of-state, that's super good news.

09-19-2012 01:04 PM
waspline Offline
Revolutionary

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Good luck in the court case- I'll be praying for you.
09-19-2012 01:14 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Surviving this year

Good luck with the court stuff... Hug

Would you prefer to live alone or with some other relatives or strangers?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
09-19-2012 08:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-19-2012 01:14 PM)Jmusial Wrote:  Good luck in the court case- I'll be praying for you.

Thank you. I will need all the good luck I can get today
09-19-2012 09:25 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-19-2012 08:11 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Good luck with the court stuff... Hug

Would you prefer to live alone or with some other relatives or strangers?

Thank you. I hope to live alone but if they say no, I would like to live with my aunt, the rest of the relatives are nuts. If I cant live with my aunt of myself, I will just live with random strangers.
09-19-2012 09:28 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Surviving this year

As long as the random strangers don't hit you, I guess it can only be an improvement. Razz

Seems unlikely they'd let you live alone, but who knows...

Hidden stuff:
09-19-2012 10:47 PM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

(09-19-2012 11:31 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  I live in the shitty part of detroit (think factories, air pollution, crime and condemned buildings. But I think I could get in deep shit if I say the exact town, there is a huge campain to get people to move here.But I doubt thdy put this on records, they hardly put anything on records. And they want people to move here. There will be a court case tommorow, I am not getting a lawyer, all the lawyers are like the idiot, but not as bad.

Ask the court for a court appointed attorney. Since you are a kid they might give you one.
09-20-2012 06:26 AM
V.R. Offline
Revolutionary

Given 19 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

I feel happy for you.
09-20-2012 10:53 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Court went okay. The idiot will be in the slammer for a month. While there she will be in a program to teach her to parent correctly and make her less of a jackass. After that month, they will give her a test and see if she passes. If not, more slammer time. I doubt she will pass. If she passes, she will be put in community service for a few weeks. The community service is really needed, this place is a dump! After all this, it will be decided if she can live with me again. Its the possibility of living with her that bkthers me. If she comes to live with me, hell knows what she will do to me. I prefer to think of that as impossible. While she is serveing her slammer time I will get to live myself! I will be given $100 in food stamps a month (they dont know I have idiots credit card), and $50 a month for other stuff. They have idiots credit number and will use it to pay for my electricity, doctors bills, ect. There will be someone coming in monthly to check on me. I doubt they will remember or care enough to come.
09-20-2012 12:41 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I had a doctors appointment after court today. The po po told me to go, but I thought I could fix my leg myself. I think it is wierd that I had to go back already. The doctor decided the swelling had gone down a decent amount (the cast was really loose) and he would put a new one on. He took tye cast off (later I learned it was a temporary one) and he put a very heavy plaster one. He wants to wait untill the break is healed to fix the tendon. He esrimated it will be months untill I can walk because I damaged the achilles tendon a lot by walking on it. He discoverd it is completely torn. Ugh! The crutches are annoying, the building has no elevator, just very unstable stairs and I live on the 5th floor! Now my leg hurts like hell, and I cant put ice on it because of this cast!
09-20-2012 12:59 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:While there she will be in a program to teach her to parent correctly and make her less of a jackass.
In 1 month? This must be a miracle program. Razz

Quote:While she is serveing her slammer time I will get to live myself! I will be given $100 in food stamps a month (they dont know I have idiots credit card), and $50 a month for other stuff.
Cool. And lol.

Quote:He esrimated it will be months untill I can walk because I damaged the achilles tendon a lot by walking on it. He discoverd it is completely torn. Ugh!
Yikes. What did your mother actually do to your leg to mess it up that badly? Just kicking it? Does she have legs of steel? Uhoh

Hidden stuff:
09-21-2012 05:24 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

She could have broken the bone, and a part of the bone could have ruptured the Achilles or torn it. Its a wonder you could walk at all.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-21-2012 09:02 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I think the program will take much longer. They just said 1 month minimum. I am guessing a few years at least. I hope she never gets out, so I wont have any chance of living with her. She kicked my leg and since my foot was firmly onthe ground the impact of the kick and the wieght of me keeping the leg straight, it snapped. She kicked it repetadly after that. She was wearing wooden clogs while doing that, so that probally did it. I am also wondering why I could walk. Maybe because I thought the leg was fine, and didnt know what happened to it.
09-21-2012 11:11 AM