RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Surviving this year
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
RE: Surviving this year

Fagix, stop being a creep. It is annoying. To change the subject, I have heard the idiot will be in the slammer a long time. In the program, she has already tackled an officer and beat up a few of her criminal roommates! Lol! Haha! She will never get out! The person who told me rhis begged me for ideas on how todeal with her and asked how I survived. The idiot will never get out! Hahaha, I can picture her in her jail cell, chained to the wall withnothing to eat but a stale cracker and toilet water. Haha!
09-27-2012 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

nevermind, that is too nice. How about fried cockroach and used toilet water!
09-27-2012 08:09 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)
Surviving this year

Not even that. A piece of dusty corn from under the fridge and water strained from piles of manure is more suitable.

POOP
09-27-2012 08:13 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-27-2012 08:13 AM)GreenLamp Wrote:  Not even that. A piece of dusty corn from under the fridge and water strained from piles of manure is more suitable.

POOP

That and a live cockroach!
09-27-2012 08:38 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:I have heard the idiot will be in the slammer a long time. In the program, she has already tackled an officer and beat up a few of her criminal roommates! Lol! Haha! She will never get out! The person who told me rhis begged me for ideas on how todeal with her and asked how I survived.
Rofl

I would love to take a look inside her brain for 5 minutes... just for education purposes.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-27-2012 08:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

^ that wouldn't be educational. Maybe scary, or interesting. I'm not sure about educational.
09-27-2012 08:45 AM
AtheistLGBTQAnarchist Offline
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Given 47 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Surviving this year

I WILL TOUCH ALL YOUR BRAINS AND SEE YOUR PERSONAL SECRETS!Also she will be eating live cockroaches out of a used toilet that's clogged.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
-Benjamin Franklin
09-27-2012 09:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Surviving this year

Lots of name-calling here. It may be deserved, but how about we stop referring to this crazy chick as an idiot? (After all, that's an offensive statement - idiots aren't so bad in comparison, from what I've heard.) If you intentionally seek wrath and revenge rather than justice on your mother, that makes you as much of a monster as she is. Instead, let the justice system take its course - her violent nature is bound to keep her locked up for a long, long time, and she will be out of your hair.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-27-2012 09:19 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

All of you taking my comments on no girls on the Internet so seriously. Its mostly a joke.

Your mon sounds like she has many serious problems. She really sounds psychotic. It might be hard for you to look at this right now, but I really hope she recovers and she manages to heal mentally.

" But I refuse to be took in to central booking in chains
Cause sleeping on the floor in cages starts to fuck with your brain
The system ain't reformatory, it's only purgatory."
-Immortal Technique

I hope one day you find it yourself to forgive her, and realize that she is only the person her parents made her.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-27-2012 10:00 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-27-2012 09:19 AM)DoA Wrote:  Lots of name-calling here. It may be deserved, but how about we stop referring to this crazy chick as an idiot? (After all, that's an offensive statement - idiots aren't so bad in comparison, from what I've heard.) If you intentionally seek wrath and revenge rather than justice on your mother, that makes you as much of a monster as she is. Instead, let the justice system take its course - her violent nature is bound to keep her locked up for a long, long time, and she will be out of your hair.

Youre right, she isnt an idiot... she is a rageing lunatic!!! But seriously, I just cant call her mom after all she did to me. You just dont understand. Imagine somebody slapping you, calling you every bad word imagineable, tieing you to things, for your entire life! Thats hard to forgive right away. And she messed up my leg like this, I will need surgery and since it is cometely torn, it might never get enirely healed even with surgery. And she stuck me in the hellhole that is detroit! And I will be forced to stay here untill I am 18 or she gets out. Wouldnt you have difficulty forgivring that?
09-27-2012 10:21 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Surviving this year

You seem to have a hard life,all I can say is find a boyfriend.I'm serious,sometimes dating is the only way you'll find love for at least a while.

Congratulations humanity,because you refuse to let go of the old and evolve you actually make people believe in 2012. Not only that, but you're the only species on Earth that were able to make it possible, now we get to sit until we die because we couldn't get to Mars. We have failed as a society and don't deserve our gifts to survive for this long. Maybe this is why dinosaurs are extinct, we sure aren't any better than the dirt you say we're created from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DvwSOFto#! Noo

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-27-2012 10:44 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-27-2012 10:44 AM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  You seem to have a hard life,all I can say is find a boyfriend.I'm serious,sometimes dating is the only way you'll find love for at least a while.

No, I dont want to do that. I remember how my moms relationship with my dad went, I still get upset thinking about what happend to this day. All I will say is that it was much worse then a divorce. And besides, I am the biggest loser in the school, I have gotten stuffed in lockers! I did get the guinea pig though, and she is great. I will put her on my lap and she willmclimb up untill she is on my face and will start licking me! I love her so much. I am makeing sure not to treat her the way the rageing lunatic treated me. I think when I am an adult I will want to have a job with animals, I am haveing a hard time trusting and talking to other people to their face because of te rageing lunatic, it is fine on the internet though.
09-27-2012 10:57 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-27-2012 08:39 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  
Quote:I have heard the idiot will be in the slammer a long time. In the program, she has already tackled an officer and beat up a few of her criminal roommates! Lol! Haha! She will never get out! The person who told me rhis begged me for ideas on how todeal with her and asked how I survived.
Rofl

I would love to take a look inside her brain for 5 minutes... just for education purposes.

Agreed, it could really help the progression of mental studies of why parents do this to their kids if someone could look in there for a few minutes.
09-27-2012 10:59 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

^ Standard Person+shroud of invisibility=endless book of things to talk about (ok, I had a hard time figuring out what to say...basically people feel freer on the internet bc they don't have to talk to people to their face...I'm not normally this talkative about anything that doesn't have to do with piracy, computers, or videogames anyways)

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-27-2012 11:00 AM
GreenLamp Offline
My lamp is green.

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)
Surviving this year

(09-27-2012 10:57 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 10:44 AM)YoungestAnarchist Wrote:  You seem to have a hard life,all I can say is find a boyfriend.I'm serious,sometimes dating is the only way you'll find love for at least a while.

No, I dont want to do that. I remember how my moms relationship with my dad went, I still get upset thinking about what happend to this day. All I will say is that it was much worse then a divorce. And besides, I am the biggest loser in the school, I have gotten stuffed in lockers! I did get the guinea pig though, and she is great. I will put her on my lap and she willmclimb up untill she is on my face and will start licking me! I love her so much. I am makeing sure not to treat her the way the rageing lunatic treated me. I think when I am an adult I will want to have a job with animals, I am haveing a hard time trusting and talking to other people to their face because of te rageing lunatic, it is fine on the internet though.

Off topic: Awww, a guinea pig!! I have one too. Her name is Coco, she is a dutch short haired. She loves to squeal! And she loves lettuce. Maybe I can get some pics of her :3
09-27-2012 11:08 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Guinea pigs are great. Mine loves lettuce too, and she is really cute. I have been giving her a huge (about 4 square foot) box with no top to live in. She keeps pooping all over the bedding in there, I have to change it every other day!
09-27-2012 11:44 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-27-2012 10:21 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 09:19 AM)DoA Wrote:  Lots of name-calling here. It may be deserved, but how about we stop referring to this crazy chick as an idiot? (After all, that's an offensive statement - idiots aren't so bad in comparison, from what I've heard.) If you intentionally seek wrath and revenge rather than justice on your mother, that makes you as much of a monster as she is. Instead, let the justice system take its course - her violent nature is bound to keep her locked up for a long, long time, and she will be out of your hair.

Youre right, she isnt an idiot... she is a rageing lunatic!!! But seriously, I just cant call her mom after all she did to me. You just dont understand. Imagine somebody slapping you, calling you every bad word imagineable, tieing you to things, for your entire life! Thats hard to forgive right away. And she messed up my leg like this, I will need surgery and since it is cometely torn, it might never get enirely healed even with surgery. And she stuck me in the hellhole that is detroit! And I will be forced to stay here untill I am 18 or she gets out. Wouldnt you have difficulty forgivring that?

I'm not telling you to call her "Mom", or even to forgive her (although if you were to do that in a sincere manner it would show an amazing strength in character, as long as you don't forget what she's done). I just think that you should lift the burden off your shoulders entirely and let the boys in blue deal with her. No reason to think about revenge when your plan to get her incarcerated has already succeeded - justice has prevailed.

09-27-2012 11:55 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I dont know about that. I am afraid she will pretend to be nice, get out and beat the shit out of me. I really hope she wont break out. If she breaks out, then I will be in trouble. There better be many prison guards. She cant be just let off the hook for all this! That lunatic and her antics habe made ke seriously attempt suicide and I have been really depressed forever. I had no idea anybody cared about other people. If she changes, then I might possibly partially forgive her, but I would need years to trust her. And what she did to my dad was terrible, I miss him so much. She is a terrible person, and it is impossible not to think about it. I wish I had my dad here, he would have taken care of me. He deserved better then this rageing lunatic. That lunatic is disgusting, I get really upset just thinking about her. I wish I could just try and enjoy my time before she gets out and comes here. I hope she wont come out. I hope that I deserved better then her. I will try not to be the lunatic that she is. I will try to be like my dad was.
09-27-2012 12:38 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:You seem to have a hard life,all I can say is find a boyfriend.I'm serious,sometimes dating is the only way you'll find love for at least a while.
lolwut? This is a terrible idea.

Caring for animals is a better idea. Smile

I can understand you not wanting to call her mom. "Idiot" is kinda harsh too, even if it's somewhat true. Hmm, so, what else is there... "that woman"? Or, how about calling her by her name like she's just some person? xD

What did she do to your dad?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-28-2012 12:53 AM
Bob42 Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

If she really is that mean, she's not getting out anytime soon. Just try to enjoy your life and maybe find a friend at school.
09-28-2012 06:45 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Surviving this year

Yeah as far as the relationship thing goes I'm always an option
09-28-2012 06:53 AM
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)

Zagix. Just no. And I hope she changes enough for you to forgive here. In the mean time: GUINEA PIGS! They epic!
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 07:09 AM by guts12.)
09-28-2012 07:09 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

(09-27-2012 10:59 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 08:39 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  
Rofl

Agreed, it could really help the progression of mental studies of why parents do this to their kids if someone could look in there for a few minutes.
Really...as a charter schooler,sometimes I actually wish I could have to experience of students doing illegeal things and getting stuck in lockers.I have more bullies in my elementary school than here.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-28-2012 07:56 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Surviving this year

Did I seriously reply to the wrong comment? *facepalm*

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-28-2012 07:57 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(09-27-2012 12:38 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  I dont know about that. I am afraid she will pretend to be nice, get out and beat the shit out of me. I really hope she wont break out. If she breaks out, then I will be in trouble. There better be many prison guards. She cant be just let off the hook for all this! That lunatic and her antics habe made ke seriously attempt suicide and I have been really depressed forever. I had no idea anybody cared about other people. If she changes, then I might possibly partially forgive her, but I would need years to trust her. And what she did to my dad was terrible, I miss him so much. She is a terrible person, and it is impossible not to think about it. I wish I had my dad here, he would have taken care of me. He deserved better then this rageing lunatic. That lunatic is disgusting, I get really upset just thinking about her. I wish I could just try and enjoy my time before she gets out and comes here. I hope she wont come out. I hope that I deserved better then her. I will try not to be the lunatic that she is. I will try to be like my dad was.

She's not going to get out. If she honestly tried to fight other inmates on her first day or whatever it is you've said, there's not a way in the world she can get off for good behavior. What you need to do now is lift the burden off your shoulders, and understand that she finally gets what's coming to her.

All that matters is that you live well, and maybe escape Detroit. (Plus, if you move away, she probably won't be able to figure out how to find you. That's a bonus.)

So, breathe easy, and stop thinking about her as though she's still your problem.

09-28-2012 07:59 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

(09-27-2012 12:38 PM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  I dont know about that. I am afraid she will pretend to be nice, get out and beat the shit out of me. I really hope she wont break out. If she breaks out, then I will be in trouble. There better be many prison guards. She cant be just let off the hook for all this! That lunatic and her antics habe made ke seriously attempt suicide and I have been really depressed forever. I had no idea anybody cared about other people. If she changes, then I might possibly partially forgive her, but I would need years to trust her. And what she did to my dad was terrible, I miss him so much. She is a terrible person, and it is impossible not to think about it. I wish I had my dad here, he would have taken care of me. He deserved better then this rageing lunatic. That lunatic is disgusting, I get really upset just thinking about her. I wish I could just try and enjoy my time before she gets out and comes here. I hope she wont come out. I hope that I deserved better then her. I will try not to be the lunatic that she is. I will try to be like my dad was.
So when's that dad story coming?Your life seems interesting to read about so far.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-28-2012 08:01 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

you should write a book about this shit

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-28-2012 08:52 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

(09-28-2012 08:52 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  you should write a book about this shit

^This.

Also, was there a story in the paper about it? Or should I just go on Michigan's public records and look her up IF you ever give us her name?

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
09-28-2012 08:59 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-28-2012 06:53 AM)zagix Wrote:  Yeah as far as the relationship thing goes I'm always an option

CREEP! Stop being a creep fagix. Turn back into a troll!
09-28-2012 09:03 AM
Peace Loving Blood Lover

Surviving this year

At least give us a pic of her with all the skin bleeped out.

-Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin
09-28-2012 09:05 AM