RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Surviving this year
guts12 Offline
Insane Survivor

Given 30 thank(s) in 22 post(s)
RE: Surviving this year

What do schools have against free will? If they want us to be independent learners, and successful citizens etc. etc. they should let us express ourselves. I, pretty sure it's illegal to oppress people who express their opinions. It's a human right for crying out loud!

Btw, where does crying out loud come from? It's a weird saying when you think about it,
09-08-2012 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

(09-07-2012 11:51 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  Just like soulriser said, I dont think I will be able to see other physcologists. There are some at school, but they will tell me the same shit. I have tryed telling physcologists about this, but they are too scared to deal with her. I tryed calling a hotline, but they had no advice for me. Fuckers. IamNoone, can you tell me those strategies? I am fucking DESPERATE! I have been putting up with this bullshit for almost 14 years, and I want to do something about it! School started today, it was hell. The special teachers seem like prison guards. They wont let me walk to the bathroom myself, when I had to one of the teachers followed me into the batyroom and stood outside my stall as I did my buisiness. But I found out I am in one regular class, it is accually a smart person class, its algebra! The teacher says this is a 10th grade level class (I am in 8th) and we better behave! The idiot probally signed me up so I would never get all A's like she demanded! What a bitch! And all the eachers will call home if I dont do my homework! Do you think I should try to explain to the almost nice teacher what my mom does, and that mom shouldnt be called? That would probally not help, would it be worth a shot?
First off, I take ZERO responsibility for however you chose to use this information. Whatever happens is your choice and DO NOT FUCKI BLAME ME. These are risky.
1. After she hits you, do something to make a bruise on your face by your cheekbone. Go into school with it, and rub it like it hurts a lot so someone notices. This will get the police involved, in all likelihood, and they will do something about it to get your mother under control. You also can be mostly honest, except for the bruise.

2. Genuinely try for a month to convince your aunt that you have turned around and are a good kid, but are afraid to live at home, and ask for your help, like to live with her or something. Idk what to do from there.

3. Fake that you are about to commit suicide when a relative is about to walk in on you or in school. Like, pretend you are about to stab yourself or something. This will get the po po involved and will force someone to deal with your mother and you because they will be afraid of you killing yourself (never kill yourself, ever.)

4. This ones a long shot, but I know someone that might be able to talk to your mom through oovoo or skype or something (he's in college for psychology) and try to help.

I will try to think of more, but you get the gist for now.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
09-08-2012 08:15 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Iamnoone I will not blame you no matter what. The bruise thing I dont even need to fake. I have gotten sizeable (covering the while cheek) bruizes on my face from the bitch. I just chose to hide them with my hair becuase she said "IF YOY LET ANYONE SEE THAT BRUISE, I WIL KILL YOU BITCH!" If I need to try that methood, I will miss a homework on purpose, and back talk to the bitch. The more backtalk, the harder she will hit me. The suicide one, I have tryed to kill myself many times (all unsucessful, or else I wouldng be here) by jumping out my second story window (I didnt even get hurt), wrapping my head in saran wrap (I kept getting scared and puloing it off), cutting myself (didnt have the courage to cut deep enough, only thing that happend was I was bleeding a lot) But I know not to kill myself, better times must be ahead, I think Ihave had my share of crap. I dont think I should fake suicide, just maybe somehow get people aware of my attempts. My aunt came a year ago, and her daughter was crying because she saw my mom slapping and swearing at me. She wont come back because she doesnt want to upset her daughter who is nearly 10, I dealt with this shit since preschool age (I was told that before then my grandmother was around to help me out and protect me), I think its ok for my almost 10 year old cousing just to have to watch for a few days. And when she came over last, she learned the word shit, and my aunt says she will sometimes say "I went shit!!" when she goes poo. So the aunt thing may not work. Why cant she just leave her daughter with her dad? She says her dad works 5 hours a day and wont leave her daughter with the grandmother on the other side, says her daughter hates her and she limits her tv time! What a lucky bitch, I only get to see tv when I sneak off to my friends house! As ridiculous as it sounds, I accually cry when I hear how lucky she is, because I am really upset I dont get even nearly all that. I have no idea why it upsets me so much. And I dont want to do the skype thing mom would be PISSED OFF!
09-08-2012 11:56 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I will attempt the strategies on monday.
09-09-2012 11:23 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Surviving this year

Good luck... Salute
Keep us posted, and be careful out there.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-09-2012 10:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

(09-09-2012 11:23 AM)SomeRandomHuman Wrote:  I will attempt the strategies on monday.

Just remember, the key is to get the po-po involved.

Good luck Thumbsup

09-10-2012 03:04 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

The strategie of the bruise did not work. The teachers are such lazy fucks that they didnt notice! But I have been really sucking up to my cousin on the phone to get her to care about me and get my aunt to help me! My aunt will do whatever my cousin wants, I think she is afraid of her! Mom kicked my leg really hard and it hurts like HELL and its purpleish in places and swelling a lot, do any of you know what to do about that? I will try to expose it at school and maybe I will get the po po involved with my mom! But we are running the mile :( grrrr! in gym class in a few days, and what can I do about my leg, it already hurts like hell to walk, how will I pull that running shit off? I cant get a pass out of gym, I would need a parent signature! Wish me good luck getting the po po involved!
09-14-2012 11:44 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1468 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Surviving this year

^ You can't trust humanity to help you in every case. You need to invent a strategy that liberates yourself, even if that means running away.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-14-2012 12:11 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

How the hell will I run away? I have tryed that, and mom always got me back! Why the hell does she want me to live with her? She never has liked me! Maybe she wants me just to torment, and she enjoys that. I only have 20 dollars, the bitch has stolen the rest of it from me, so I cant run away! What a bitch! Can anybody give me an idea about the leg thing? It hurts like HELL and I am getting pissed off! I stole some advil (10 tablets) and took it a few hours ago, and it did NOTHING! WTF?
09-14-2012 12:26 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

^ If you took all ten tablets at the same time, that'll only hurt your liver. You need to take two at a time.

Absolute Emergency Solution:
1. Wait until night.
2. Grab your money, quickly and quietly loot house for money and valuables, and take off.
3. Stay low until you get to the next town over (whichever town is not closest, but next-closest to you).
4. Sell any valuables you may have taken at a pawn shop. Know how to haggle.
5. Keep money on you to buy food and stuff.
6. Then, leave that town and try to get out of whichever territory you are in.
7. Stay in a rural area, if at all possible.

^ Of course, that's pretty hard and painful to pull off, so it should only be used as the end-all-be-all. Your best bet is to prove that you are a victim of abuse. (If you think your school counselor can listen to you without your mother knowing, great. Otherwise, keep trying hotlines.)

09-15-2012 06:20 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Just go to the police station already.
I want to go to your town and smack everyone in it.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2012 08:42 AM by IamNoone.)
09-15-2012 08:41 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(09-15-2012 08:41 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  Just go to the police station already.
I want to go to your town and smack everyone in it.

I want to smack everyone too. I live in one of those towns full of idiots who love to brag about their kids. And the bitch is pissed that she cant brag about me. I doubt the police will take me seriously because nobody in my nieghborhood takes kids seriously. And I dont even know where the police station is, and would it be worth finding out? I could get into deep shit if the police dont belive me.
09-15-2012 11:58 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I dont think I will run away. The sucking up to my cousin is doing great, she is already starting to feel bad for me. And I pretended my leg got hurt in football in gym and the teacher sent me to the school nurse, and they begged me not to let anyone know, they think they will be in trouble for makeing us play football. So nobody will tell my mom
about going to the nurse The nurse put a splint on it and I get out of gym class! I am surprised that she isnt a stupid fuck like most people in the school.
09-15-2012 12:10 PM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Well hmmm if you have a bruise on your face and your leg in a splint, I think they will have a hard time discrediting you.

09-16-2012 05:22 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Surviving this year

Geez. I want to go beat some sense into your mother, except I don't think beating will get any sense into her... she probably had the sense beaten OUT of her a long time ago. :/

Why didn't you tell anyone what really happened to your leg?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
09-16-2012 05:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Alright here's some advice from zagix, Mr. Brilliant. Actually try in school, but if your mom gives you too much shit, tell her to fuck off. During your diagnosis session, act like a happy, calm, well adjusted human being. I suggest getting high before. Nothing to freak about, my parents are worse than yours. And don't do that god bullshit, do things on your own.
09-16-2012 10:39 PM
zagix Offline
Banned

Beat your mom back if she hits you. Does she pay for your shit or do you have a dad?
09-16-2012 10:40 PM
zagix Offline
Banned

Alright, abusive parent. Here!s zagix deal with abuse method. Now A you can call the police tell them what's going on get away etc. Call the fuckingmpolice. Option b: fight your mom back. When she pussy slaps you, punch her Hard in the face, prederably the mouth. Kick her sorry ass and go at her with all you got. Establish dominance in the relationship instead of taking it like a bitch. Just cross that line only when she does, and you'll eventually get respect for standing up for yourself. No butch moves, just go at it with all you got
09-16-2012 10:44 PM
zagix Offline
Banned

Sorry for typos.
09-16-2012 10:48 PM
zagix Offline
Banned

Stupid ass I pod autocorrect
09-16-2012 10:48 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

Violence is never a safe route. Don't listen to zagix.

Just keep on enduring, but don't just take it - keep a very thorough record of every time you've been wronged. As soon you are completely certain that your mother is crossing a legal line she hasn't before (and, by the sound of it, she seems quite likely to), call the cops. And hope they aren't ludicrously stupid.

09-17-2012 01:37 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I got the po po involved!!! Smile I went to the police station and showed them my bruise and my leg and told them how it happend. They sent one of the whimpyest officers that thry send when they dont belibe you. When I oppend the door, mom tryed to kick me (didnt nktice the po po) and kicked the officer! Smile She is really stupid, and thougjt beating the cop up would make it better! She was punching him to the ground and pinned him down! I called the other cops, and the idiot is in jail!!! Hahahah! They are deciding what to do with the idiot Smile haha! I hope they shove her in the slammer for a long time!
09-18-2012 12:04 AM
 Thanks given by: zagix
zagix Offline
Banned

Surviving this year

HAHAHAHAH win win.

Anyway Doa my first suggestion was to call the police.

Reading that made my day.
09-18-2012 03:08 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Surviving this year

Holy shit, lol. That's actually hilarious. Laugh
PWNT

What's gonna happen to you now though?

Hidden stuff:
09-18-2012 03:14 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

I have no clue what will happen to me. Right now, I have the idiots wallet and I have Now bought a mini fridge and a mini tv for my room! I even have her credit card! I bought a guinea pig! I have always wanted a pet! I will probally just live by myself! Hahahahahaha SmileSmile
09-18-2012 05:21 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Surviving this year

Pretty sure that isn't legal... hope you don't get into more shit for that. lol

Hidden stuff:
09-18-2012 05:33 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

The po po took me to the doctor for my leg. I thought that was stupid, but boy was I wrong. My leg is broken just above the ankle and my achilles tendon is ruptured. The doctor said I have such a high pain tolerence, that its wierd. Now they put a cast on it (even though I told them that it wasnt nessicary) and I have to try to walk with these crutches (I fell on my face 3 times already). But I am still really happy because the idiot is in the slammer!!! Hahaha
09-18-2012 05:51 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Surviving this year

Well, I hope that the worst is behind you. And to think it was as simple as calling the cops!

09-18-2012 06:28 AM
zagix Offline
Banned

Surviving this year

Somehow I have a feeling this whole thing might be fake... it seems a bit... extreme.

But I'll give it a benefit of the doubt. Good job, somerandomhuman.
09-18-2012 06:58 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

that's some scary pain tolerance you got there.. .. O_o

Hidden stuff:
09-18-2012 07:43 AM