RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CopBlock.org Founder Faces 21 Years In Jail After Reporting School Police Brutality
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
CopBlock.org Founder Faces 21 Years In Jail After Reporting School Police Brutality

Quote:Adam "Ademo" Mueller, a journalist and co-host of radio show Free Talk Live, is facing 21 years in prison for reporting on police brutality toward students at a Manchester, N.H. high school.

Mueller, also founder of CopBlock.org, has been charged with three felony counts of wiretapping, each of which carries a 7-year maximum penalty. CopBlock.org is an online project that, according to its site, seeks police accountability and "curtail the all-too-common rights-violations and unaccountability that today exists."

Last October, video surfaced on CopBlock.org of 17-year-old Frank W. Harrington being lifted from his seat in the school cafeteria by a school police officer and slammed face-first into a table.

At the time, Harrington took his sister's purse and said he was "just messing around." Although the West High School teen said his sister was largely unconcerned, school officials involved school resource officer Darren Murphy, who lifted Harrington off his seat, spun him around, forced him onto the table and arrested him.

Harrington was suspended for 12 days and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Michael Proulx, the 17-year-old junior at the school who recorded the incident, was also told by a school official that it's "illegal to film," and ordered to delete anything he had recorded. Proulx lied, saying he had only taken photos, and pretended to erase them.

In response, Mueller took to CopBlock.org to defend both Proulx and Harrington, noting in a report that "Murphy provides the misguided administrator an exact example why filming police is important -- oh, and it's not illegal at all." He also called the Manchester police department and the school seeking comment.

But he chose to record the conversations he had with a Manchester police captain, the Manchester High School West principal and a school secretary, and then included soundbites in a video post. The wiretapping indictments came a few months later, and he is accused of recording the conversations without the other parties' consent.

Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Michael G. Valentine could not be reached for comment by the Union Leader.

The state's wiretap law makes it a crime to record someone without permission if the speaker has "reasonable expectation that what he is saying is not subject to interception," according to the Union Leader. Mueller says, however, that he identified himself as being from CopBlock.org and sought comment about the incident.

Mueller has been offered a plea deal of a two-year suspended sentence, which he is refusing.

"Here's how I see the offer: it's a stellar deal if I actually thought what I had done was wrong," Mueller wrote in a post on CopBlock.org. "First, I can't go against my principles and sign a deal that says I acknowledge my actions as wrong or illegal. Second, I'm not a hypocrite. How can I advocate refusing plea deals and sign one myself? I don't judge anyone who has taken pleas because each case/charge is different. Third, I am confident I can show a jury, with facts and logic, that I shouldn't be caged for my actions.... Let the circus begin!"

A "Free Ademo" campaign has already launched to support Mueller, including attending Monday's jury selection at the local courthouse. New Hampshire recently passed a jury nullification law that permits defense attorneys to inform jurors of their right to vote on conscience and void bad laws through "not guilty" verdicts.

"A public official who is on duty and in a public space has no expectation of privacy. The First Circuit Court of Appeals has already ruled on this in Glik vs. Cunniff," Ian Freeman, co-host of the nationally syndicated radio show Free Talk Live, said in a CNN iReport. "The person who should face consequences is the officer who threw that poor kid into a table during lunch at the school cafeteria, not the journalist who reported about it."

See source for video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06..._hp_ref=tw

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
08-08-2012 05:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Sociopath
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
RE: CopBlock.org Founder Gets 21 Years In Jail After Reporting School Police Brutali

I'm actually in a hotel in that city right now

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
08-13-2012 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Good on him for not taking the plea deal. They shouldn't be charging him in the first place. By signing that plea deal, he would recognize their right to take away his and others freedom to report freely. I'm glad that he's taking it to trial so that the world can see what is happening here for exactly what it is: Law enforcement trying to railroad somebody for reporting on something that sheds one of their own in an unfavorable light.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
08-17-2012 05:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Sociopath

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Roger Ailes: Fox News founder dies at 77 James Comey 6 1,334 05-23-2017 10:56 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  School release video of boy who police say was bullied and later killed himself James Comey 7 1,196 05-14-2017 03:06 PM
  Police Shoot Teenager in Parking Lot of Torrey Pines High School James Comey 1 741 05-08-2017 03:04 AM
  School vouchers, rising in many GOP states, founder in Texas James Comey 0 462 05-01-2017 04:27 AM
  Fox News faces new racial discrimination lawsuit James Comey 0 424 04-26-2017 02:33 PM
  Macron faces Le Pen in runoff vote in France James Comey 0 420 04-24-2017 05:05 AM
  [CT] Connecticut police close investigation of school sex abuse James Comey 0 462 04-20-2017 03:52 AM
  [PA] Latrobe high school sex assault details revealed by police, attorney James Comey 0 457 04-15-2017 03:22 AM
  [Nevada] Teen shot by school police speaks out James Comey 0 572 04-14-2017 04:17 AM
  Community Leaders Push to Rename Skate Park for Teenage Founder SoulRiser 0 975 01-26-2017 08:44 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser