RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Parents are just fucking stupid and they dont know shit
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Parents are just fucking stupid and they dont know shit

Yeah, today my mom and i had a bit of an argument, which started with my little sister asking "Mom can i have soup?" when the spoiled brat had been eating too much ALL DAY. And then Mom just started yelling at BOTH of us. She basically said all this:

"Little girl, stop eating so damn much, that's all u ever do and you're so lazy! And you (talking to me now) need to stop letting yourself go! Have some pride in yourself and try to fix yourself up a little bit! Dress a little better! Your grandma was beautiful and tried to fix herself up, and i got her looks and try to dress nicely and you look like her and me, so why dont you look more decent?! You came from a family with beautiful women, be proud of that! And i didnt see you and the baby sweating at all yesterday like i told you to! Your grandma is watching you from above now, do you wan her to be proud of you? Do you want me to be proud of you?! Oh, you dont care what I think? What about that nice car?? What's gonna happen when you're 300 pounds and cant fit in that little Nissan?? Maybe you dont deserve that Nissan! People are very critical and you wont be able to get a job and you'll be ridiculed every day! Even your dad said he's worried about your health! (To the sister) The neighbor kids passed by on their bikes without training wheels!! At that age i was crazy!! I would be looking for hills to ride over and shit! You're a little behind!! Eat a fruit every once in a while! (to me) And i know you hate me and your father because you talk to us like we're shit! Have some damn respect for us! And you're just in denial!"

First of all, i'm just like HoS, a conspiracy theorist who knows what she knows to be true, 100%. I know this society is going to collapse either this year or the next so I'm just trying to enjoy my life before that happens because there's very little to nothing that I can do to prepare to survive all the shitstorm. I tried to tell Mom and Dad about it a year ago, but they never believed me. They just think I'm just depressed and insane now.

•First of all, what do you mean i came from a family of beautiful women?? Beautiful physically?? I've seen "beautiful" women who are really stuck up brainless assholes who'll look down on just "average" looking people. Mean Girls will tell you that much. And even if those beautiful women are good souls, beauty is such a dumb concept. Beauty comes from within, not without.

•I'm at 200 pounds, not close to 300. I'm working on a plan to lose weight this summer because this fucking school system doesnt give a full shit about your health, feeding you worthless, fattening, government-engineered shit and wasting all the time you could spend playing and exercising outside or at home with pointless subjects. And mom, I do have pride in myself, thank you - i know much more about the evils of society, government, and organized religion than you sheep would ever know, and you call me insane??? And i dont have pride in ANY of you, and i really dont like you(no hate here) because You walk around closed minded, listening to the lame stream media and pretending you know everything when you seriously dont know shit. So that's FALSE pride. And I DO dress decently, I wear some jeans and a T-shirt and I have good hair, THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!! I wear dark slacks, some athletic but so does a lot of people. At least I dont look like something out of People of Walmart!!!! Dont fucking tell me how to dress. I'll dress however the fuck i want. I dont look like a whore at least!!!

•"And i didnt see you and the baby sweating at all yesterday like i told you to! Your grandma is watching you from above now, do you wan her to be proud of you? Do you want me to be proud of you?! Oh, you dont care what I think? What about that nice car??" Dont fucking tell me how to live my life. And that car is MINE now, my PROPERTY, so I'll fucking drive it. Dont even try to take it away from me. Why should I care what you think of me?? If you spend your whole fucking life worrying about everyone else's opinions of you, you'll never truly live. I wonder if that's what YOU did, because you sure are a grumpy bitch. And yeah...Grandma isnt watching because, well, THERE IS NO GOD!!! So that means NO HEAVEN OR HELL EITHER!!! But if I even try to say that to you, i just KNOW you'll assume I'm a dirty Antichrist destined for Hell and deny any other logic i would throw at you. Whatever.

•"People are very critical and you wont be able to get a job and you'll be ridiculed every day!" And I'm supposed to just go with this shit and be a serf for some company, and look "pretty" just i can get and keep a fucking JOB?! DONT QUESTION, JUST GO WITH IT! And people will find any fucking excuse to make fun of anyone, besides weight, especially in school!!! Geeks, Gays, Special Ed kids, people not into sports, ec fucking cetera. And if compulsory schooling wasnt here, these problems wouldnt exist. And three words: PARENTS. TEACHING. MANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•"(To the sister) The neighbor kids passed by on their bikes without training wheels!! At that age i was crazy!! I would be looking for hills to ride over and shit! You're a little behind!!" She's fucking SIX YEARS OLD! What the hell do you expect?!? And im really interested to know how many times you've broken your nose or arms, legs, etc., doing that shit?! She's not a daredevil!! This isnt BMX biking or some shit!!
Oh and I'm in "denial?" i deny most of what you're saying, because it DESERVES TO BE DENIED, BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING WRONG!!! But that's the thing - Mom wants to BELIEVE she's right about everything! Mother knows best, right? NO, Mother does NOT know what's best! She's a human being too!! To err is HUMAN!
Thats it, sorry for the long post, just wanted to post Mom's argument and my pwnage for all to laugh at.
05-28-2012 07:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
RE: Parents are just fucking stupid and they dont know shit

Your mom is a stuck-up bitch. She gets mad because of your sister eating too much? Sounds like my mom.
05-28-2012 08:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Oh imma have a field day with this thread.
05-28-2012 08:18 AM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-28-2012 08:18 AM)Luizao876 Wrote:  Your mom is a stuck-up bitch. She gets mad because of your sister eating too much? Sounds like my mom.

Yup. So do i, kind of, not denying that. But yeah, like i said, school doesnt care about your health, it cares more about MOOLAH. i'll start trying again to lose weight this summer.
05-28-2012 08:21 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Ok so first I'll start off by saying that your moms treatment of your little sister is wrong. Kids that age have fast metabolisms and need more food. Even if she is overweight soup isn't going to hurt her, in fact that's a great alternative to snacks and junk food.

You on the other hand are fat. You're more than fat you're morbidly obese. Unless you're 6' tall and lift weights every day you're 40-60 lbs over what you should be. That means you're likely pre-diabetic and pre- hypertensive. Just because your mom is a bitch about it doesn't change that fact. So don't sugarcoat the issue, 'cause you'll probably eat that too.

2. That car is not yours. Unless you pay the car payments, registration, insurance, taxes, maintenance, and gas you don't own shit. That's not even a parental rights thing that's just legal precedent. The person who owns the car is the one who makes the payments and they can take it away from the primary driver whenever they chose. So perhaps you should shut the fuck up on that issue.

3. To the comment on being a conspiracy theorist.
[Image: fuckthat.jpg]

4. Her comment about not being able to find a job is not unfounded. Not only is it an issue with appearance but employers will be hesitant to hire someone as big as you because they don't want to pay for your insurance. Obesity is the new smoking. Don't like that? Lose the weight.
05-28-2012 08:44 AM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-28-2012 08:44 AM)Aya Wrote:  Ok so first I'll start off by saying that your moms treatment of your little sister is wrong. Kids that age have fast metabolisms and need more food. Even if she is overweight soup isn't going to hurt her, in fact that's a great alternative to snacks and junk food.

You on the other hand are fat. You're more than fat you're morbidly obese. Unless you're 6' tall and lift weights every day you're 40-60 lbs over what you should be. That means you're likely pre-diabetic and pre- hypertensive. Just because your mom is a bitch about it doesn't change that fact. So don't sugarcoat the issue, 'cause you'll probably eat that too.

2. That car is not yours. Unless you pay the car payments, registration, insurance, taxes, maintenance, and gas you don't own shit. That's not even a parental rights thing that's just legal precedent. The person who owns the car is the one who makes the payments and they can take it away from the primary driver whenever they chose. So perhaps you should shut the fuck up on that issue.

3. To the comment on being a conspiracy theorist.
[Image: fuckthat.jpg]

4. Her comment about not being able to find a job is not unfounded. Not only is it an issue with appearance but employers will be hesitant to hire someone as big as you because they don't want to pay for your insurance. Obesity is the new smoking. Don't like that? Lose the weight.

1. I KNOW THAT. That's exactly why I'm planning to lose weight this summer when school leaves me alone. I'm not trying to deny that. I admit, i did let myself go and I'll lose the weight. I've done that before, and I'll do it again. And you think I'M MORBIDLY OBESE???? Some people are HUNDREDS of pounds overweight, even more than ME!! Look up the "heaviest man/woman in the world," and tell me that's not morbidly obese.

2. Fuck the laws. That's government for you, taking ownership of everything so they can control your life and ruin all your liberties. Even kids have rights. Have you ever read 1984? And that car is a GIFT. if you give someone a gift, then that person has the sole control over that gift!! You shouldnt care what happens to that gift because it's THAT PERSON'S THING NOW. If that gift is ruined, it's that person's fault - they should have taken better care of it. So, that whole legal thing is pretty screwed up and denies logic, basically.

3. There is ALL KINDS OF EVIDENCE OUT THERE that proves what I know to be true - 9/11 an inside job, the New World Order, government engineered stuff, etc., etc., etc., if you would just open your eyes and LOOK AROUND YOU. Also remember 1984, because that is the perfect blueprint for this kind of tyranny.

4. Beauty comes from within and not without. You could be fat like me and you'd be the most awesomely kind person in the world. And hardworking too, i have to add. Yet people are just so narrow minded and judgemental, and people expect you to just accept that??? Well I won't and neither should you. Also, employers should NOT have to pay for your health insurance, what happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY? and paying for your OWN damn insurance? Also, there are better ways to earn a living than just sitting in an office block from 9 to 5. TheAmazingAtheist doesnt work and he earns his income from being a YouTube entertainer and having his websites and such. And notice the SS website has a section on Alternative income. Try reading THAT. I'm planning to be a self-sufficient author or photographer. I dont want to waste away in more authoritarian stuff in college, and then get in heavy debt just to make a living. That's a pretty sad way to go, honestly.
05-28-2012 09:26 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Quote:Have you ever read 1984? And that car is a GIFT. if you give someone a gift, then that person has the sole control over that gift!!

Yes I have. Please tell me where Orwell states that people should own property they don't pay for? A gift is something that is given to a recipient, and upon receipt that person takes charge of all the costs associated with it. A laptop is a gift. A play station is a gift. That car is not a gift. It's a promise from your mother to give it to you once you're old enough and can handle the financial burden of owning a car. For that car to be yours 3 conditions need to be met:

1. You need to be 18 (zomg ageism!)
2. Your name needs to be the only name on the title.
3. Your name needs to be the only one on the insurance policy.

Until then that car is your mothers and she can do what she damn well pleases with it.

Quote:There is ALL KINDS OF EVIDENCE OUT THERE that proves what I know to be true

Orlly? Would you mind linking me to some of this evidence. I'd love to rip it to shreds.

Quote:Also, employers should NOT have to pay for your health insurance, what happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?

Fat people like you ate it. I mean honestly, I agree with you that employers shouldn't have to foot the bill for health insurance. But part of the reason Heath care is so expensive in this country is that fatasses like you weigh down the system. Go onto the CDCs page for top 10 causes of death in the US. 6 of those conditions are either directly or indirectly attributed to obesity.

Quote:TheAmazingAtheist doesnt work and he earns his income from being a YouTube entertainer

Do you know how many you tubers actually make it big? Phillip Defranco was bitching about this last week. For every YouTuber that signs a contract and makes it big dozens more get shafted.

Quote:I'm planning to be a self-sufficient author or photographer.

Rofl

Watch on YouTube
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012 10:52 AM by Aya.)
05-28-2012 10:51 AM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-28-2012 10:51 AM)Aya Wrote:  
Quote:Have you ever read 1984? And that car is a GIFT. if you give someone a gift, then that person has the sole control over that gift!!

Yes I have. Please tell me where Orwell states that people should own property they don't pay for? A gift is something that is given to a recipient, and upon receipt that person takes charge of all the costs associated with it. A laptop is a gift. A play station is a gift. That car is not a gift. It's a promise from your mother to give it to you once you're old enough and can handle the financial burden of owning a car. For that car to be yours 3 conditions need to be met:

1. You need to be 18 (zomg ageism!)
2. Your name needs to be the only name on the title.
3. Your name needs to be the only one on the insurance policy.

Until then that car is your mothers and she can do what she damn well pleases with it.

Quote:There is ALL KINDS OF EVIDENCE OUT THERE that proves what I know to be true

Orlly? Would you mind linking me to some of this evidence. I'd love to rip it to shreds.

Quote:Also, employers should NOT have to pay for your health insurance, what happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?

Fat people like you ate it. I mean honestly, I agree with you that employers shouldn't have to foot the bill for health insurance. But part of the reason Heath care is so expensive in this country is that fatasses like you weigh down the system. Go onto the CDCs page for top 10 causes of death in the US. 6 of those conditions are either directly or indirectly attributed to obesity.

Quote:TheAmazingAtheist doesnt work and he earns his income from being a YouTube entertainer

Do you know how many you tubers actually make it big? Phillip Defranco was bitching about this last week. For every YouTuber that signs a contract and makes it big dozens more get shafted.

Quote:I'm planning to be a self-sufficient author or photographer.

Rofl

Watch on YouTube

Well, yes, i admit you got me on the whole car thing. So I'll get a real job and make sure I can take the insurance costs and all that, THEN I'll work to really get sole ownership of the car. I'll be gritting my teeth doing this, though, knowing how fucking unfair that whole legal shit is. So you win here (sort of).

Also, you should really go beyond what the lame stream media tells you and just think for yourself. Here's some evidence for you:
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archive...y-mocks-us

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?stor...1155307646

The truth hurts, I know it does, and i can understand why it really is hard to accept it because it's terrible and so unreal, but this is as real as it gets...the government in 1984 does shit like this, too!

And like I said, I'm planning to lose weight in the summer with school out of the way. I'll try, try, and try. And I'm not morbidly obese (did you even look up the fattest man in the world??) but I sure as hell do NOT want to go there. I'm planning to be at least at 160 once summer ends, if i dont get to my real normal weight, 140. i did it before, i know i can do it again. And this is just me, one of MANY overweight people in this country - you can bet there's not a chance in hell any one of those other people will try, it's sad really.

And yeah, i just realized that maybe it is unrealistic to expect to make it big on YouTube and stuff like that. I'll get a real job if i have to. I just wish business in America hasn't been hijacked by all these dumbass laws and regulations and shit (like the one where businesses HAVE to pay health insurance for their employers!), otherwise we'd be doing just fine because there'd be plenty of "Made in USA" stuff out there and we wouldnt be in so much damn debt!!!!
05-28-2012 11:53 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

ITT: Mrs. Everyoneisbeautiful dissing on fat people.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
05-28-2012 12:24 PM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-28-2012 12:24 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  ITT: Mrs. Everyoneisbeautiful dissing on fat people.

Rofl
05-28-2012 12:30 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

(05-28-2012 12:24 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  ITT: Mrs. Everyoneisbeautiful dissing on fat people.

Lol when did I ever say everyone is beautiful? Please direct me to that thread

Quadruple points for-- y'know what? Fuck it. You dig yourself deeper with every comment you post.
05-28-2012 12:50 PM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-28-2012 12:50 PM)Aya Wrote:  

Lol when did I ever say everyone is beautiful? Please direct me to that thread

Quadruple points for-- y'know what? Fuck it. You dig yourself deeper with every comment you post.

Me or Gore??
05-28-2012 01:00 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

... The person I quoted you dipshit.
05-28-2012 01:03 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Brotips for kelby:

1. Why wait till summer to get in shape??? Why not exercise now???? If your school has a weight room then use it. And sure school forces you to sit on your ass half the day, but don't let that be an excuse to not take some time to excersise. School implicitly gives you that making excuses to do nothing mentality and it's time to get over it now, why later??

2. DO NOT SAY YOU ARE A CONSPIRACY THEORIST!!!! Everyone else will think you are nuts even if the supposed conspiracy has facts to back it up. A supposed conspiracy could be the illuminati control everything or it could be something more reasonable such as the whole public schooling history. Just don't say conspiracy or people will not listen to you.

3. The U.S. will collapse in due time but don't depend on it happening tomorrow. It could happen when I'm out of college or it could happen when I'm in the retirement home. Either way, you can prep a little bit for it but don't base your college and entire career off of the world ending tomorrow. So what if you end up with a small amount of college debt??? If the government finally decides to hyperinflate the currency It will be easy to pay back say, a 10,000$ debt because the money won't be worth anything anyway.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
05-28-2012 01:07 PM
4r4b7 Away
im not banned

Given 16 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

She is angry with your sister, therefore she would be moody. expect that.

but she shouldn't take her anger out on you. just ask her to calm down.

Hidden stuff:

05-28-2012 02:33 PM