RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a story idea for English class
sneaky Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
Need a story idea for English class

My story has to incorporate tge same main character and theme from the book we just finished reading, which is 'the blue helmet'.

So anyways I need a story about a teenage boy. He's rebellious and lonely, since his mother died and his father is too busy in his work.

My theme will be something about isolation, but I need a thematic statement for that.

Any ideas would be great.
05-24-2012 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)
RE: Need a story idea for English class

It should be set in the desert, since people get isolated in the desert.

Or, even better, the Martian desert.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
05-24-2012 08:31 AM
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Already been done, Wes. You ever read Acme Novelty 19?

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
05-24-2012 09:54 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Or Clannad?

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
05-24-2012 11:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Write a story about a guy who drops out of school and becomes hikimori or something.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-24-2012 01:07 PM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Write a story about how people are isolated even if there are hundreds of people around them, like in a school.

The best bloody cover song I have ever heard in my entire life, period: http://www.youtube.com/user/sbeast64#p/c...yCFuP3rM2w
05-25-2012 06:41 AM
Joe Kony Offline
Uganda come wit me muthafucka

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

a story set in uganda where i sell his black ass as a fuck slave muthafucka
05-25-2012 06:49 AM
sneaky Offline
Renegade

This is what I got so far...
A rebellious teenage boy just had an argument with his parents, he walks out to take a wiff of his cigarette. He takes a walk blablabla and he gets abducted by two men.

The theme I'm trying to incorporate is isolation and thankfulness. He gets isolated in the abductees basement, or something like that.

Can anyone expand on this?..
05-25-2012 07:40 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

Abduction might not work, because either is for sex, which is inappropriate for school, or drug trafficking/slavery/black market for organs, which could be inappropriate for school. Maybe you could do something like he gets into a fight, goes to Juvy, and does a ton of community service. While there, he hears a few life that are absolute shit compared to his and come back thankful.

If you want to go through with abduction, maybe he gets kidnapped, escaped, and really sees what it is like to struggle to survive for a week before parents find him, like Hatchet (the book) in an urban setting.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
05-25-2012 08:33 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

(05-24-2012 09:54 AM)Cydonia Wrote:  Already been done, Wes. You ever read Acme Novelty 19?

I read Martian Chronicles by Bradbury.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
05-25-2012 01:28 PM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

(05-25-2012 07:40 AM)sneaky Wrote:  This is what I got so far...
A rebellious teenage boy just had an argument with his parents, he walks out to take a wiff of his cigarette. He takes a walk blablabla and he gets abducted by two men.

The theme I'm trying to incorporate is isolation and thankfulness. He gets isolated in the abductees basement, or something like that.

Typical teen-drama bullshit. I could've come up with that. In fact, I think you were read "A Clockwork Orange" when you came up with that.

Why not make him a straight-edge boy? Something that doesn't scream "I'm trying to look like a grown-up but instead I look like a complete poser! Please don't punch me in the face, I'm such a faggot!". It'll be harder to work with, but it'll stand out more.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
05-26-2012 08:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sneaky Offline
Renegade

(05-26-2012 08:27 AM)batboy138 Wrote:  
(05-25-2012 07:40 AM)sneaky Wrote:  This is what I got so far...

Typical teen-drama bullshit. I could've come up with that. In fact, I think you were read "A Clockwork Orange" when you came up with that.

Why not make him a straight-edge boy? Something that doesn't scream "I'm trying to look like a grown-up but instead I look like a complete poser! Please don't punch me in the face, I'm such a faggot!". It'll be harder to work with, but it'll stand out more.

The thing is that I have to incorporate the same character from the novel we read. In that novel the boy was rebellious, and not straight-edge.
05-26-2012 11:30 AM