RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee now wants to punish sex ed teachers for speaking positively about kissing
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Tennessee now wants to punish sex ed teachers for speaking positively about kissing

Quote:NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The House has passed a bill to allow parents to sue teachers or outside groups for promoting or condoning "gateway sexual activity" by students.

The chamber voted 68-23 in favor of the bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Jim Gotto of Nashville on Friday.

Several Democrats argued that the bill's definition of "gateway sexual activity" was too vague and could cause teachers to be disciplined for not breaking up students hugging or kissing during a high school dance.

Democratic Rep. John Deberry of Memphis came to the well of the chamber to make an impassioned defense of the bill and to condemn opponents of being arrogant and "in denial" about efforts to change the behavior that leads to teen pregnancy.

At least one Democrat had angry words for Deberry afterward.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/17854413/tenn-...tivity-ban

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-07-2012 06:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
RE: Tennessee now wants to punish sex ed teachers for speaking positively about kissing

"Gateway sexual activity"

Are they actually serious?

god forbid people want to kiss and HUG during a dance.

BUT NOE, HUGGING IZ A GATEWAYE SECKSUAL ACKTIVITIE! IF THEY HUG THEY WILL HAVE SECKS AFTER TEH HUG!!
05-07-2012 06:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: Tennessee now wants to punish sex ed teachers for speaking positively about kissing

Who cares if they have sex

No, this is Patrick.
05-07-2012 06:36 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(05-07-2012 06:36 AM)Stadium Wrote:  Who cares if they have sex

This.

As long as they use protection and don't fuck like rabbits daily, weekly, or even monthly.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
05-07-2012 06:44 AM
OmegaWolf747 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Kissing is "gateway sexual activity" just like MJ is a "gateway drug". So in the repubs' eyes, sex is no better than illicit drug use.

@silverfang1977
05-07-2012 06:47 AM
Moneyfuskie935 Offline
Libertarian that hates libertarians

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(05-07-2012 06:47 AM)OmegaWolf747 Wrote:  Kissing is "gateway sexual activity" just like MJ is a "gateway drug". So in the repubs' eyes, sex is no better than illicit drug use.

DEMs EYES

Tumblrinas suck dick-kin

There's no patriarchy, there's also no feminist conspiracy to destroy the rightz of meinz. You're not special if you're a feminist, and you're not special if you are an anti-feminist. Women aren't oppressed, neither are men. Both groups have advantages over each other.

Boredumm shut up

u/McBossyface
05-07-2012 06:49 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Goddamn the only smart thing Tennessee did is trying to nullify the NDAA and having sheriffs arrest federal agents who try.

Seems everything else they do is stupid.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-07-2012 06:52 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(05-07-2012 06:44 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  and don't fuck like rabbits daily, weekly, or even monthly.

I thought that you used to be fine about this

[Image: glorious666.png]
05-07-2012 06:56 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Do the people that vote on this shit even think about what they're voting on? Or are they all just vagina-deprived old men who take their jealously out on people with bills like this?
05-07-2012 06:59 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

(05-07-2012 06:59 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  Do the people that vote on this shit even think about what they're voting on? Or are they all just vagina-deprived old men who take their jealously out on people with bills like this?

Worse sharpie.
They are usually politician dog shit who get money for supporting laws that benefit special interest groups and programs(like the war on drugs).

Somehow they are getting paid for this.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-07-2012 07:09 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(05-07-2012 06:32 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  
Quote:NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The House has passed a bill to allow parents to sue teachers or outside groups for promoting or condoning "gateway sexual activity" by students.

The chamber voted 68-23 in favor of the bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Jim Gotto of Nashville on Friday.

Several Democrats argued that the bill's definition of "gateway sexual activity" was too vague and could cause teachers to be disciplined for not breaking up students hugging or kissing during a high school dance.

Democratic Rep. John Deberry of Memphis came to the well of the chamber to make an impassioned defense of the bill and to condemn opponents of being arrogant and "in denial" about efforts to change the behavior that leads to teen pregnancy.

At least one Democrat had angry words for Deberry afterward.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/17854413/tenn-...tivity-ban

You know what behavior really leads to teen pregnancy?

Not educating them or telling them about condoms.

No, this is Patrick.
05-07-2012 07:12 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

(05-07-2012 06:36 AM)Stadium Wrote:  Who cares if they have sex
Because it's apparently the House's business, aka everyone's business, if kids want to hug or kiss during a fucking school dance.

DENY THE PROBLEM AND IT WILL GO AWAY. Teens don't really have a biological impulse to fuck, guys, they only do so because you teach them about sex! Also, sex is the worst thing in the world. The end.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
05-07-2012 07:47 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

We should raid Tennessee for all its resources and start killing everyone and bombing/destroying everything in there. Do to Tennessee what we do to Iraq.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
05-07-2012 07:49 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

What does Tennessee have that we could possibly want?
05-07-2012 07:54 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

(05-07-2012 07:54 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  What does Tennessee have that we could possibly want?

Nashville

05-07-2012 07:54 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Perhaps. The rest is utterly useless, burn it all!
05-07-2012 07:57 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

(05-07-2012 07:57 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  Perhaps. The rest is utterly useless, burn it all!

And kill them all. However, where will Nashville be moved to?

05-07-2012 07:59 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

The official SS island, of course. We'll just pick it right up and move it there.
05-07-2012 08:02 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

(05-07-2012 08:02 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  The official SS island, of course. We'll just pick it right up and move it there.

The question is, do we want Nashville there?

05-07-2012 08:03 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Hmm..

Move it to Siberia. Nobody cares what's in Siberia because there isn't much there to begin with.
05-07-2012 08:09 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

(05-07-2012 08:09 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  Hmm..

Move it to Siberia. Nobody cares what's in Siberia because there isn't much there to begin with.

That'll result in either people moving to Siberia and starting towns and shit or everybody dying. Lets go with that until we get a better idea from other SSers.

05-07-2012 08:12 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Look, I don't like public displays of affection either, but they have every right to kiss and hug dammit!

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
05-07-2012 08:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

You should only be able to kiss and hug in public if you are both a certain sexy level. Otherwise, life sentence, no parole

05-07-2012 08:44 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(05-07-2012 06:56 AM)Lunatic Wrote:  
(05-07-2012 06:44 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  and don't fuck like rabbits daily, weekly, or even monthly.

I thought that you used to be fine about this

Well... if it is different people then no. It simply isn't all that safe. I'm kind of changing my view a little bit. Not an anti-sex one but a safer / more hygienic one.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
05-07-2012 09:42 AM
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Only a backwards population of living things and/or Puritanical peoples wants to stop reproduction and endorse killing, like in school, where you some times get long, useless lessons on abstinence and other sex stuff and military recruits.
05-08-2012 08:11 AM
Hazarth Offline
braindead

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I call on God! Strike those sinners who dare to hug thy child with lightning and make hell devour anybody kissing thy human on a school dance as i quote bible, the book of absurdity, "In the beginning there was a hug, and after hug there came a kiss, then thy God called the police and thy teacher was arrested for telling you that it was alright to feel love"

Did you ever wonder, how time works?
05-08-2012 08:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Teachers give terrible advice on how to deal with teachers SoulRiser 1 1,851 10-18-2016 12:47 PM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  A School Is Threatening to Punish Its Suicidal Students SoulRiser 8 4,393 10-01-2016 06:43 PM
Last Post: DreamRebel