RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents that piss me off.
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Parents that piss me off.

Probably a thread like this but I accidentally submitted this before I could finish/check. Not referring to my parents but just to the shitty parents of kids I've seen when I'm out somewhere and I'm watching these oblivious people let their 3 year olds run through store aisles knocking shit down, damage property, etc...and that's just the mild side of shit. When I was about 9 or so, I watched a toddler just head straight out into a street before and sit there, playing around with a toy. My adrenaline started rushing as I'm staring out of my apartment window while the mom of this kid just kinda stares at him/her from her lawn a good distance away, like she's too lazy to get her ass up and go help her barely three year old kid get out of the street. The toddler sat there for a few minuets until that mom's other kid (about 6 or so) drags her out of the street. Amazing, a six year old has more knowledge than a parent does. Thankfully, according to my parents sometime later, she got her kids taken away from her. That's the kind of shit that make me ill, makes me wish bitch control was fucking required unless you could prove that you weren't totally incompetent at caring for a child.

I mean I know raising a kid has to be difficult and stressful but these fucks are the people who go and complain to the government/police/etc for their own ignorance or stupidity and get shit banned/regulated because of it. And the last thing this world needs is more people anyway.

Why aren't people adopting either? Seriously, there needs to be a widespread campaign advocating adoption over spewing out more kids, as well as required classes to take when you do have a kid. Forced classes/school would not be something I'd normally support...but since people can't figure out how to take a pill or use a condom (as well as many places having abstinence-only sex education...because it totally works wonders and stops sex from happening) I guess we'll need a few required parenting classes.

Just needed to rant, read up on some horrible stories of abysmal parenting after having watched some mom let her kid go running around a computer store and throw expensive hardware around and scream at the top of her/his lungs while the mom sat texting on her phone. This happened until the dad, on the other side of the store, found the kid, picked him/her up, at which she/he proceeded to scream even fucking louder while he toured the probably three year old around the store and made no effort at all to calm him/her down.

And then there's shit like this: Toddlers and Tiaras. Pure Rage fuel. It is a built-in instinct for me to want to drive punch after punch into my screen as soon as I see a glimpse of one of the parent's faces appear on the screen.

Watch on YouTube

Rand and rage over for now. And just wondering if anyone else had any similar stories of seeing some horrible examples of parenting, especially of younger kids.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 10:16 PM by Wingless.)
05-05-2012 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sneaxx Offline
Smart Bitch

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: Parents that piss me off.

(05-05-2012 09:23 PM)Wingless Wrote:  I mean I know raising a kid has to be difficult and stressful but these fucks are the people who go and complain to the government/police/etc for their own ignorance or stupidity and get shit banned/regulated because of it. And the last thing this world needs is more people anyway.

Why aren't people adopting either? Seriously, there needs to be a widespread campaign advocating adoption over spewing out more kids, as well as required classes to take when you do have a kid. Forced classes/school would not be something I'd normally support...but since people can't figure out how to take a pill or use a condom (as well as many places having abstinence-only sex education...because it totally works wonders and stops sex from happening) I guess we'll need a few required parenting classes.

You've just explained my main reason why I won't have kids. There's too many already, and they are too much work. And too much money. Also, I wouldn't want mine to get the wrong idea from other kids whos parents cba to look after them. If I ever want a kid, I will adopt one.

As for having a campaign for adoption, I doubt that idea would be approved of by the government (there is already a campaign for foster parents in my country, but it's not significant and they don't mention that it would be better than having a child yourself). They see an overcrowded population of 7bn humans as a good thing.

As for examples of terrible parenting, I have never seen any that bad. Though I do often see parents swearing their asses off infront of their kids.

Hey there!
I am an unloved bitch.

[Image: 532824bvjtnjq4le.png][Image: 731673c0ayt6pn01.gif]
05-05-2012 10:54 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

People don't adopt because it's fucking expensive. It costs about 30k for an international adoption. Domestic adoptions are cheaper but they're harder to arrange because parental rights are so strong in this country. It took 3 years to get my sister to sign over her parental rights of her kids. In the meantime their father couldn't let them do any sports or school activities because legally there would be nothing stopping my sister from showing up at a public venue.

And god help you if the adoption isn't completely legit. There's a man in California suing a couple because they adopted his child without his consent. The kid is 5 years old now. If he gets a sympathetic judge he's going to rip his own child away from everything she's ever known.
05-06-2012 12:41 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(05-06-2012 12:41 AM)Aya Wrote:  People don't adopt because it's fucking expensive. It costs about 30k for an international adoption. Domestic adoptions are cheaper but they're harder to arrange because parental rights are so strong in this country. It took 3 years to get my sister to sign over her parental rights of her kids. In the meantime their father couldn't let them do any sports or school activities because legally there would be nothing stopping my sister from showing up at a public venue.

And god help you if the adoption isn't completely legit. There's a man in California suing a couple because they adopted his child without his consent. The kid is 5 years old now. If he gets a sympathetic judge he's going to rip his own child away from everything she's ever known.

This. Adoption is either very difficult or expensive.... often both.

In all honesty it is nearly criminal how much it can cost.

Regardless I do plan on adopting (as well as having my own kids).

I notice that sometimes parents are afraid to be real with their kids. No you cannot run around the store knocking things off the shelves. Knock it the fuck off. They don't listen? Restrain them. You can't let someone destroy property. However I find that kids that act that way don't exactly have the most logical of parents.

As for Toddlers in Tiaras. Completely ridiculous. I don't care if a kid wants to do a beauty pageant. However these parents push and force it on their kids to an extreme point. South Park made fun of one episode because the mom hit her child for losing. Dumb whore cow.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
05-06-2012 02:13 AM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Quote:As for Toddlers in Tiaras. Completely ridiculous. I don't care if a kid wants to do a beauty pageant. However these parents push and force it on their kids to an extreme point. South Park made fun of one episode because the mom hit her child for losing. Dumb whore cow.

Well of course, it's all about MONEY, that's it. Somebody should have sued that mom for abuse, and for forcing her kid into pageants. Why do people even support that show??! Hell, for all we know, about 50% of people that watch it are pedophiles! XD
05-06-2012 10:00 AM
OmegaWolf747 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

The parents that piss me off the most are the ones who just let their children act like animals in restaurants and stores and don't even try to correct the behavior. I'm all for giving kids freedom, but not the freedom to disturb others by running up and down the aisles of a store or screaming at the top of their lungs in a sit-down restaurant.

@silverfang1977
05-07-2012 04:40 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(05-07-2012 04:40 AM)OmegaWolf747 Wrote:  The parents that piss me off the most are the ones who just let their children act like animals in restaurants and stores and don't even try to correct the behavior. I'm all for giving kids freedom, but not the freedom to disturb others by running up and down the aisles of a store or screaming at the top of their lungs in a sit-down restaurant.

Exactly. People think youth rights advocates (and unschoolers) are about letting kids annoy people and do what they want regardless of the consequences. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
05-07-2012 06:38 AM
Bell778 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I don't want kids. Ever. But if I did have them I wouldn't be a complete retard, and would actually take care of them. Also I would be one of those parent who would punish for terrible behavior, but not by being an asshole and taking their stuff away. Talking to your kids and restraining them when needed is logical. Taking things they own and calling them horrible names is not. Neither is beating them.
05-08-2012 10:26 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I read this entry from a blog about positive parenting...
A parent and child were in an office or something, and the kid was playing with a can of compressed air, spraying it on things. The parent said not to, but the kid kept doing it. Ended up emptying the can. On the way home, the parent explained to the kid that now the person whose compressed air that was didn't have it anymore because the kid used it all up. She asked him what he thought they could do about it. The kid said that they could buy a replacement can, and that he could do chores to earn the money. So he did some simple chores at home, like cleaning off the table, and his mom gave him $2 and then he took it to the person whose compressed air it was.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
05-08-2012 11:27 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I would NEVER have kids. Once, I was at the pet store getting a guinea pig when a FLOCK of at least 6 bratty, whiney little kids showed up. They were screeching at the top of their lungs, and when their parents said no to buying them pets, they went CRAZY! They ran around, screeched and Even knocked over a cage containing a family of guinea pigs! poor pigs, and their jackass parents didnt do a thing! They shouldnt have had any children if they cant handle them, and 6 is way too many for anyone!!
05-08-2012 12:38 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

For every kid you don't have I'm going
To have three!
05-08-2012 01:01 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

(05-08-2012 01:01 PM)Aya Wrote:  For every kid you don't have I'm going
To have three!

Goingcrazy
05-08-2012 03:25 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

stupid people Wrote:I never want to have kids because this one time I saw some kids that were not acting all subdued like good little slaves.
or
Quote:this one time I saw some kids who were doing some annoying or bad stuff, and I assume that that's just how kids are naturally and it never crosses my mind that it has to do with the kind of parents you have or your life situation, even though I was once a kid myself I seem to have amnesia about how I just wanted to be loved and respected and I think that all other kids besides me are the devil.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
05-08-2012 03:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What do teachers do to piss you off? (WARNING: Bad Words) SchoolIsPrison333 8 4,285 03-19-2017 01:04 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  Types of people that piss you off Miller0700 75 33,070 04-15-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: fish20
  Phrases that piss you off Miller0700 23 6,040 07-03-2011 07:38 AM
Last Post: Prince Rilian
  It Is The Things Like These That Piss Me Off.... IllusoryDeath 6 2,682 09-25-2009 07:52 AM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath