RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was force fed Ritalin in kindergarten
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
I was force fed Ritalin in kindergarten

In kindergarten, I would protest. A lot. I wouldn't do any work, listen to anything the teachers said, or follow any instructions. One day, the teacher asked me to work on some project where you were arranging paper coins on a paper strip by value. So the left would be the penny, next left the nickel, etc.

"No," I said blankly.
The teacher squatted so that she was at the same eye level as I was.
"The, you have to do this or else you wont be able to go to the first grade. Don't you wanna be with your friends next year?"
"They're not my friends, and no."
She told me to sit down and that she was calling the nurse to come calm me down.
"Hi, I have a child who's throwing a temper tantrum, and I cant seem to control him. Can you come down because I think he might endanger the other students."
She said this as I was sitting quietly at the table with my hands folded.

The nurse came to my classroom and took my arm.
"We're going to my office," she said sternly.
"No, I don't want to," I replied as I struggled to get my arm out of her grip.
The teacher grabbed me by the other arm and her and the nurse lifted me up and took me to her office. I was quiet up to this point, but now I was violently kicking and screaming.
"PUT ME DOWN!" I remember shouting, "I WANT TO GO HOME!"

When we got to the office, there were two police officers standing outside the door. They had the tasers and batons and everything. When the two women lifting me put me on the bed in the office, the cops held me down. I squirmed and yelled for help with no avail. My teacher left and the nurse prepared a cup of water and a pill that ill never forget. It was round, yellow and imprinted with CIBA one one side and 7 on the other. She came over to me and showed me the pill.

"Swallow this," she said.
"NO!" I screamed as I continued to squirm.
"Either way, you're gonna swallow it. Do you want us to make you or will you be a big boy and take it yourself?"
"I'M NOT SWALLOWING IT!"

The officers held down my arms and legs and squeezed tightly. The nurse held my head down and pried open my jaw. Her palm was on my forehead and her fingers were in my mouth.

"Get ready to catch the medicine," she said before she dropped the pill in my mouth. I caught it on my tongue. I tried to spit it out, but my mouth was wide open. I ended up just moving my tongue around.

The nurse held up the cup of water and I stared straight up at the bottom of it.

"I'm going to pour the water into your mouth. If you don't swallow the water and the medicine, then you're going to choke. It won't be my problem. Please, swallow the medicine."

She poured the water into my mouth and I swallowed the pill. Her and the officers let go of me and my arms, legs and head were so sore that I couldn't even move them. Instead of screaming and protesting like I usually did, I layed there and cried. She thanked the cops and they left the room.

"Rest there until you think you're ready to go back to class," she said as I was weeping.

Turns out, that pill she gave me was Ritalin, and the school district ordered that I be prescribed to it. Weeks went by since then and I was more compliant than ever. My parents and the school loved it. The first week I was on those same yellow pills that the nurse gave me (5mg) next week was pale green tablets with 3 instead of 7 and cuts in the pill above and below the 3 (10mg). Then, a few weeks later, I was on a white pill with CIBA 16 in black on one side. The pill was white (SR 20mg).

A month or so later, the bottle ran out. When I got up in the morning to take my morning dose i saw it was empty. I freaked out. I threw the biggest temper tantrum I can remember myself throwing. I broke things, threw things, hit my brother and sister and parents, screamed uncontrollably, everything. "I WANT MORE MEDICINE!" I shouted.

My mom and dad refilled my prescription, gave me a dose, then took me to a doctor. They found out I was addicted. My dose was slightly lowered each week, I had to skip school for awhile so I could have fun in my free time, and after what felt like forever my addiction was cured.

Then I went back to kindergarten for the rest of the year, kept protesting, and then O stayed back.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
05-04-2012 06:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: I was force fed Ritalin in kindergarten

One of the most fucked up things I've ever read.

Though I kind of doubt it's true, being the internet. But even if it isn't true, kids are still willingly taking this shit by the millions. I don't see how the parents just go along with this.

They don't say no, I'd rather not give my child amphetamine? Do these people even do ANY research before deciding to give their kid a stimulant every day that could lead to serious problems down the road? No, because this person must know what they're talking about, they've got their degree!

No, this is Patrick.
05-04-2012 06:41 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

(05-04-2012 06:41 AM)Stadium Wrote:  One of the most fucked up things I've ever read.

Though I kind of doubt it's true, being the internet. But even if it isn't true, kids are still willingly taking this shit by the millions. I don't see how the parents just go along with this.

They don't say no, I'd rather not give my child amphetamine? Do these people even do ANY research before deciding to give their kid a stimulant every day that could lead to serious problems down the road? No, because this person must know what they're talking about, they've got their degree!

It is true

05-04-2012 06:43 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I had to take Ritilin until the 6th grade. I think that's why I'm so skinny.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
05-04-2012 07:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

And now you're a drug dealer. You've come full circle.

Edit: srsly tho: if you werey kid I would've pulled you out of school the next day. As well as threaten to break the nurses arms if she ever went near you again. We don't force feed meds to mental patients anymore, let alone a 5 year old.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 07:40 AM by Aya.)
05-04-2012 07:37 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

(05-04-2012 07:37 AM)Aya Wrote:  And now you're a drug dealer. You've come full circle.

Edit: srsly tho: if you werey kid I would've pulled you out of school the next day. As well as threaten to break the nurses arms if she ever went near you again. We don't force feed meds to mental patients anymore, let alone a 5 year old.

This.

No one should be forced to take meds at that age. Or any age for that matter. And honestly, I'd do the same thing Aya said.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 09:38 AM by batboy138.)
05-04-2012 07:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

What the fuck.
05-04-2012 07:58 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Apparently my parents signed something that agreed to let the school do that

05-04-2012 10:04 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

(05-04-2012 10:04 AM)The Wrote:  Apparently my parents signed something that agreed to let the school do that

Again, what the fuck?

Fuck that school and fuck your parents for agreeing to such insane shit.
05-04-2012 10:31 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

I'm sure it was worded in a biased way like, "Do you agree to let us do all that is necessary for your child when he/she needs medical attention?" or some shit like that.

05-04-2012 12:35 PM
Aesc Offline
Time isnt Wasted, when you gettin Wasted

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(05-04-2012 10:31 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 10:04 AM)The Wrote:  Apparently my parents signed something that agreed to let the school do that

Again, what the fuck?

Fuck that school and fuck your parents for agreeing to such insane shit.
Welcome to fuckin planet earth, where people below 18 years of age have no rights, and treated as goddam pets.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/
http://www.infowars.com/
http://hackforums.net/
05-04-2012 04:43 PM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

I'm sorry that happened to you. That would never happen to a kid in my presence, I swear it.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
05-04-2012 09:55 PM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

(05-04-2012 09:55 PM)TheCancer Wrote:  I'm sorry that happened to you. That would never happen to a kid in my presence, I swear it.

Ty

05-05-2012 04:52 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

I'm sure when your parents signed that consent form they didn't realize it gave the school permission to hold you down and pour water down your throat.

BTW does that sound familiar to anyone? It should.

[Image: water-boarding-a-1.jpg]
05-05-2012 05:56 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

I had some friends water board me to see what its like, its not fun. :C
05-05-2012 05:58 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

(05-05-2012 05:56 AM)Aya Wrote:  I'm sure when your parents signed that consent form they didn't realize it gave the school permission to hold you down and pour water down your throat.

BTW does that sound familiar to anyone? It should.

[Image: water-boarding-a-1.jpg]

I told them the story when I got home and they were all pissy. But my compliance after getting prescribed to Ritalin made them think it was all for the best. Then when they found out my addiction they were like fuck you school, then they tried to unagree to that and it turns out that unagreeing (making words up) meant that I would never be able to got the nurses office ever, they would never call an ambulance for me, etc.

05-05-2012 06:45 AM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I'm going to punch the parent that agrees to it or the teacher that suggested it in the face if they ever prescribe me with Ritalin or other subordination boosting drugs.

I know SoulRiser made the point on "Don't break stuff or hurt people" to not do that but I've been holding back so much anger recently and it will explode out of me in that moment. Nothing will stop me from punching someone or at least putting a large hole in a wall.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 07:01 AM by Dirtbikemike.)
05-05-2012 06:59 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Just slam people with your dense balls.