RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what to think of that whole Treyvon Martin thing...
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Not sure what to think of that whole Treyvon Martin thing...

Too many fucking contradictions, just give me the REAL fucking story and REAL fucking truth, that's all I'm asking for. Not this bullshit confusion! :(
Where the heck DO you go for the real truth these days?? It seems everyone's a liar
05-01-2012 01:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
RE: Not sure what to think of that whole Treyvon Martin thing...

You must examin the evidence. If you cannot decide, accurately, what the facts are either inquire further to obtain the facts or abandon the matter and obstain from judging. Making presumptions before hearing the facts is a capital mistake.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
05-01-2012 01:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Some call it an incident to start a race war which would make a good reason for martial law to be declared while anti gun activists are using the event to pull up their anti gun agendas.
Either way whatever.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-01-2012 01:28 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Facts are sketchy at best.

One fact I do know is that Treyvon was completely unarmed.

Another is that Zimmerman confronted him first.

To be honest I cannot say if it was self-defense or not. I haven't been following the case that much. It IS ridiculous that the police just let Zimmerman go.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
05-01-2012 01:35 AM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-01-2012 01:35 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Facts are sketchy at best.

One fact I do know is that Treyvon was completely unarmed.

Another is that Zimmerman confronted him first.

To be honest I cannot say if it was self-defense or not. I haven't been following the case that much. It IS ridiculous that the police just let Zimmerman go.

Eh, i havent followed it much either, i dont watch the big news guys anymore, for obvious reasons. I just hate that this whole thing has started a freaking "race war", whatever that is. Race doesnt mean anything, it's just a label!
05-01-2012 03:00 AM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-01-2012 01:25 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  You must examin the evidence. If you cannot decide, accurately, what the facts are either inquire further to obtain the facts or abandon the matter and obstain from judging. Making presumptions before hearing the facts is a capital mistake.

Well, here's my thoughts:

I see new pics have come out of Zimmerman's head wounds (but what if theyre Photoshopped?)

I hear the cries for help on the 911 tape and it sounds like a young guy Treyvon's age (but what if the recording was doctored?)

They (the MSM) have used pictures of Treyvon from YEARS ago when he was a little twelve year old, innocent looking boy. Do an image search of him NOW and you get a 6'2", burly, tough looking dude. (But dont judge a book by it's cover, they say)

See how conflicting it is? Yeah, maybe i'm on the fence on this one.
05-01-2012 03:16 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(05-01-2012 03:00 AM)kelby393 Wrote:  Eh, i havent followed it much either, i dont watch the big news guys anymore, for obvious reasons. I just hate that this whole thing has started a freaking "race war", whatever that is. Race doesnt mean anything, it's just a label!

I've just gotten bits and pieces of it from blogs as it doesn't strike me as worth paying attention too. Kelby if people were as smart to follow your last line then this country's government would be in trouble.

image hosting jpg
05-01-2012 03:24 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

gotta find the links but after this incident the government started bringing up these neo nazi groups from areas even the local police had never heard of.

image hosting jpg
05-01-2012 03:29 AM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-01-2012 03:24 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:00 AM)kelby393 Wrote:  Eh, i havent followed it much either, i dont watch the big news guys anymore, for obvious reasons. I just hate that this whole thing has started a freaking "race war", whatever that is. Race doesnt mean anything, it's just a label!

I've just gotten bits and pieces of it from blogs as it doesn't strike me as worth paying attention too. Kelby if people were as smart to follow your last line then this country's government would be in trouble.

Uhm, did you mean "wouldn't" be in trouble?
05-01-2012 03:29 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Some things to consider
1. Trayvon was not armed
2. Zimmerman followed Trayvon even after being told by 911 dispatch to stop
3. Zimmerman has done this before. He's made more than 40 calls to 911 over the past two years to report 'suspicious black men' in his neighborhood.
4. Zimmerman has a criminal record for assault and resisting arrest
5. Police never questioned key witnesses in the case such as Trayvon's girlfriend, and coached other witnesses into making statements in Zimmermans defense
6. Despite #5 some people in the department still wanted him charged. The police chief intervened.
7. There is audio from another persons 911 call of someone screaming for help. Zimmerman claims it was him. But if he wants to use that in court he will have to provide an audio sample to compare it with.
8. Finally Zimmerman is a conniving motherfucker. He lied to the judge about his finances during his bail hearing, not telling him about the $200K his website generated. Given that the money was raised for his legal defense, it's unlikely the judge would've factored it into his bail. But the fact that he lied anyway shows the depth of his character and is grounds alone to remand bail and leave him in jail until his court date.

Quote:They (the MSM) have used pictures of Treyvon from YEARS ago when he was a little twelve year old, innocent looking boy. Do an image search of him NOW and you get a 6'2", burly, tough looking dude. (But dont judge a book by it's cover, they say)

Not quite. They have shown more recent photos of Trayvon, and while he's a lot bigger than the original photos, he's no where near Zimmerman's size
05-01-2012 03:32 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

Bottom line zimmerman was told to not pursue him, he did.
05-01-2012 03:34 AM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

(05-01-2012 03:32 AM)Aya Wrote:  Some things to consider
1. Trayvon was not armed
2. Zimmerman followed Trayvon even after being told by 911 dispatch to stop
3. Zimmerman has done this before. He's made more than 40 calls to 911 over the past two years to report 'suspicious black men' in his neighborhood.
4. Zimmerman has a criminal record for assault and resisting arrest
5. Police never questioned key witnesses in the case such as Trayvon's girlfriend, and coached other witnesses into making statements in Zimmermans defense
6. Despite #5 some people in the department still wanted him charged. The police chief intervened.
7. There is audio from another persons 911 call of someone screaming for help. Zimmerman claims it was him. But if he wants to use that in court he will have to provide an audio sample to compare it with.
8. Finally Zimmerman is a conniving motherfucker. He lied to the judge about his finances during his bail hearing, not telling him about the $200K his website generated. Given that the money was raised for his legal defense, it's unlikely the judge would've factored it into his bail. But the fact that he lied anyway shows the depth of his character and is grounds alone to remand bail and leave him in jail until his court date.

Quote:They (the MSM) have used pictures of Treyvon from YEARS ago when he was a little twelve year old, innocent looking boy. Do an image search of him NOW and you get a 6'2", burly, tough looking dude. (But dont judge a book by it's cover, they say)

Not quite. They have shown more recent photos of Trayvon, and while he's a lot bigger than the original photos, he's no where near Zimmerman's size

Interesting..
05-01-2012 05:14 AM