RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite beverage?
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Favorite beverage?

Actually, it's sparkling apple cider, Martinellis.
11-03-2012 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
RE: Favorite beverage?

I love mountain dew. But I usually have to settle for generic lemon lime soda because I am not what you would call rich.
11-06-2012 11:15 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Not a big fan of Mountain Dew for casual drinking but I'll usually have it if I'm up pulling some hardcore gaming sessions or out partying. Even then I don't really swing for regular Mountain Dew. I like all the weird ass flavor combinations they come up with. Code Red is good, So is Pitch Black, Voltage and Game Fuel are up there too.
11-06-2012 03:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Favorite beverage?

^ Don't forget Baja Blast. Lime flavoring up in this house.

Beverages:

Actual-God-tier: Water
god-tier: Dr Pepper
Up there: Mountain Dew (and all of its flavorings)
Pepsi (if in the mood for a sweet beverage)
Coke (if in the mood for a good beverage)
Root Beer
Fruit Punch
Everything else is below

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
11-07-2012 08:21 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

Lemon Snapple.

Or cranberry juice and water 1:2 ratio

And any soda that isn't throwback (made with real sugar) is shit. Except jarritos and cream soda.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 01:29 PM by IamNoone.)
11-07-2012 01:29 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Oh yeah, flavored mountain dew is so fucking great.
11-09-2012 11:46 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Not a big fan of Baja Blast. Plus it's only available at Taco Bell which is only good when you're inebriated.
11-09-2012 01:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-09-2012 01:59 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  Not a big fan of Baja Blast. Plus it's only available at Taco Bell which is only good when you're inebriated.
You hate taco bell? I like taco bell but I preffer other fast food to it. And since I only can afford fast food monthly or so, I normally go somewhere else, unless I have a free taco coupon. I would eat there often, but its so fucking expensive.
11-10-2012 12:11 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

I get half off at the chicken place I work at. It's this upstart called PDQ.
Place has amazing food. You get tired of it though.
11-10-2012 03:46 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

(11-10-2012 03:46 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  I get half off at the chicken place I work at. It's this upstart called PDQ.
Place has amazing food. You get tired of it though.
You are rely lucky. I am underaged(14) so I cant get a job, and although underaged labor is common where I live, I am so short and look like a little kid that nobody will hire me, they say I look like I am 9 and tbey will get in deep shit for hireing underaged. Since mom is in jail (but she was no help to me anyway-was jailed for abuseing me, then breaking out and nearly killing me and burning my building, long story, explained on "I fuckin hate Detroit") and my dad died when I was 5, I live alone because the really shitty part of detroit doesnt abide laws, and the only way I can get money is dumpster diving and selli g the stuff at pawn shops and finding money.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 11:47 AM by SomeRandomHuman.)
11-11-2012 11:39 AM
MariKlemz Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(11-08-2010 12:45 AM)fishpit Wrote:  What's your favorite beverage? I mainly drink plain H20 but colder weather has gotten me to drink unsweetened tea, both tea teas and herbal teas. I like milk too but I'm somewhat lactose intolerant.

Chai (indian milk tea) I made today, makes ~two servings:
Ingredients: 2 tsp black tea leaves, 5 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, pinch of nutmeg, pinch of fennel, 4 pepper corns, 1 cup water, 1 cup milk. (Chai usually has cardamon but I didn't have any. Definitely add maybe 6-8 pods if you have some.) Feel free to experiment with the spices- there's tons of variations.

Bring spices and water to boil. Simmer for 10 min. (more flavor the longer you simmer but I'm impatient.) Add milk and bring to simmer again (watch out for over boiling the milk or you will end up with a foamy mess). Add tea leaves and turn off heat. Wait 2 min. Strain tea, sweeten if you want, and enjoy. Serve in tea cups if you wanna be classy.

I occasionally drink Vodka, specially when colder season.

Due to my love of Vodka and its art I studied it and now I'm a certified Vodka maker (not that great but still proud =)).
06-16-2017 03:07 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)

Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-ade

also I discovered a recipe for Mt. Dew
I made it by accident and it tasted just like f-king mt. dew

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2017 07:56 AM by the Analogist.)
06-16-2017 07:55 AM
There is no cause of anything

Given 204 thank(s) in 143 post(s)
Favorite beverage?

Water-Both warm and cold.

"I’M BEGGING YOU, PRINCE ZUKO! It’s time for you to look inward and begin asking yourself the big question: who are you and what do YOU want?"
" While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing"
-Uncle Iroh(Avatar: the Last Airbender)
06-16-2017 08:35 AM
Deleted Away
Default User Title

Given 204 thank(s) in 138 post(s)
Favorite beverage?

This is a list of drinks that I like: Water, farmer's market apple juice, farmers market orange juice, farmers market beet juice, German kola, German beer, wine, whiskey, mango juice, mango lasi, good tea made with 99 percent pure water, and mineral water.

This is a list of drinks that I don't like: Tap water, processed apple juice, processed orange juice, drip coffee, American beer, cherry juice, milk, cheap wine, Tea made from tap water, and root beer.

:
06-20-2017 10:37 PM
The man Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 104 thank(s) in 92 post(s)

Beverages:

Actual-God-tier:Crush Orange.
god-tier: Apple Juice
Up there:
Sprite
Coke
Orange Juice
Pink Lemonade
Everything else is below

their pee should hv been shot out like a ki blast breaking the rocks

oh and also No one has any rights. We're free, rights create invisible restrictions. But we live in a society where the majority accepts rights to be true.
06-21-2017 12:21 AM