RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help stop CISPA.... OOPS..... TOO RATE!!!!!!
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)
Help stop CISPA.... OOPS..... TOO RATE!!!!!!

Passed in record time before anyone can rally against it.
Quote:Up until this afternoon, the final vote on CISPA was supposed to be tomorrow. Then, abruptly, it was moved up today—and the House voted in favor of its passage with a vote of 248-168. But that's not even the worst part.

The vote followed the debate on amendments, several of which were passed. Among them was an absolutely terrible change (pdf and embedded below—scroll to amendment #6) to the definition of what the government can do with shared information, put forth by Rep. Quayle. Astonishingly, it was described as limiting the government's power, even though it in fact expands it by adding more items to the list of acceptable purposes for which shared information can be used. Even more astonishingly, it passed with a near-unanimous vote. The CISPA that was just approved by the House is much worse than the CISPA being discussed as recently as this morning.

Previously, CISPA allowed the government to use information for "cybersecurity" or "national security" purposes. Those purposes have not been limited or removed. Instead, three more valid uses have been added: investigation and prosecution of cybersecurity crime, protection of individuals, and protection of children. Cybersecurity crime is defined as any crime involving network disruption or hacking, plus any violation of the CFAA.

Basically this means CISPA can no longer be called a cybersecurity bill at all. The government would be able to search information it collects under CISPA for the purposes of investigating American citizens with complete immunity from all privacy protections as long as they can claim someone committed a "cybersecurity crime". Basically it says the 4th Amendment does not apply online, at all. Moreover, the government could do whatever it wants with the data as long as it can claim that someone was in danger of bodily harm, or that children were somehow threatened—again, notwithstanding absolutely any other law that would normally limit the government's power.

Somehow, incredibly, this was described as limiting CISPA, but it accomplishes the exact opposite. This is very, very bad.

There were some good amendments adopted too—clarifying some definitions, including the fact that merely violating a TOS does not constitute unauthorized network access—but frankly none of them matter in the light of this change. CISPA is now a completely unsupportable bill that rewrites (and effectively eliminates) all privacy laws for any situation that involves a computer. Far from the defense against malevolent foreign entities that the bill was described as by its authors, it is now an explicit attack on the freedoms of every American.
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2012042...vote.shtml

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
04-27-2012 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Moneyfuskie935 Offline
Libertarian that hates libertarians

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
RE: Help stop CISPA.... OOPS..... TOO RATE!!!!!!

(04-27-2012 01:41 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  Passed in record time before anyone can rally against it.
Quote:Up until this afternoon, the final vote on CISPA was supposed to be tomorrow. Then, abruptly, it was moved up today—and the House voted in favor of its passage with a vote of 248-168. But that's not even the worst part.

The vote followed the debate on amendments, several of which were passed. Among them was an absolutely terrible change (pdf and embedded below—scroll to amendment #6) to the definition of what the government can do with shared information, put forth by Rep. Quayle. Astonishingly, it was described as limiting the government's power, even though it in fact expands it by adding more items to the list of acceptable purposes for which shared information can be used. Even more astonishingly, it passed with a near-unanimous vote. The CISPA that was just approved by the House is much worse than the CISPA being discussed as recently as this morning.

Previously, CISPA allowed the government to use information for "cybersecurity" or "national security" purposes. Those purposes have not been limited or removed. Instead, three more valid uses have been added: investigation and prosecution of cybersecurity crime, protection of individuals, and protection of children. Cybersecurity crime is defined as any crime involving network disruption or hacking, plus any violation of the CFAA.

Basically this means CISPA can no longer be called a cybersecurity bill at all. The government would be able to search information it collects under CISPA for the purposes of investigating American citizens with complete immunity from all privacy protections as long as they can claim someone committed a "cybersecurity crime". Basically it says the 4th Amendment does not apply online, at all. Moreover, the government could do whatever it wants with the data as long as it can claim that someone was in danger of bodily harm, or that children were somehow threatened—again, notwithstanding absolutely any other law that would normally limit the government's power.

Somehow, incredibly, this was described as limiting CISPA, but it accomplishes the exact opposite. This is very, very bad.

There were some good amendments adopted too—clarifying some definitions, including the fact that merely violating a TOS does not constitute unauthorized network access—but frankly none of them matter in the light of this change. CISPA is now a completely unsupportable bill that rewrites (and effectively eliminates) all privacy laws for any situation that involves a computer. Far from the defense against malevolent foreign entities that the bill was described as by its authors, it is now an explicit attack on the freedoms of every American.
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2012042...vote.shtml

Which is why I use incognito windows + duckduckgo.

Tumblrinas suck dick-kin

There's no patriarchy, there's also no feminist conspiracy to destroy the rightz of meinz. You're not special if you're a feminist, and you're not special if you are an anti-feminist. Women aren't oppressed, neither are men. Both groups have advantages over each other.

Boredumm shut up

u/McBossyface
04-27-2012 01:43 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

This is no democracy. The government will do what it wants. I am tempted to move out of the country and revoke my citizenship.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
04-27-2012 01:57 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Yep no surprises here.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-27-2012 01:58 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(04-27-2012 01:57 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  This is no democracy. The government will do what it wants. I am tempted to move out of the country and revoke my citizenship.

Hahaha ya hear bro?
The government is charging people to revoke their ussr citizenship because so many are doing it these days.

Might as well make money is what their thinking.

image hosting jpg
04-27-2012 01:59 PM
Fanatic

(04-27-2012 01:59 PM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  
(04-27-2012 01:57 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  This is no democracy. The government will do what it wants. I am tempted to move out of the country and revoke my citizenship.

Hahaha ya hear bro?
The government is charging people to revoke their ussr citizenship because so many are doing it these days.

Might as well make money is what their thinking.

It'll be worth the money if the US did it.

Live until you die
04-27-2012 02:03 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(04-27-2012 02:03 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  It'll be worth the money if the US did it.

I mean the us is doing it bro.
I meant the ussa when I typed before the site loading went crazy.

Its 450 dollars!

image hosting jpg
04-27-2012 02:06 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Basically alot of expats at first started canceling their passports because of the US's bullshit taxes and fees along with businesses doing it and then people started leaving because you know the country state and as more have been leaving the government has done some things in response of the few years.

Make getting a passport a bit tougher and add on fees, make small mistakes, withholding information or whatever on passport forms be a felony and 25 years in prison, and then this what I just said(the fee to get rid of your US citizenship).

Also forgot about that bill the senate just passed to limit the travel of people with debts.

image hosting jpg
04-27-2012 02:09 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

$450 to revoke my citizenship? Really?
04-27-2012 02:50 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(04-27-2012 02:50 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  $450 to revoke my citizenship? Really?

Read and weep.

http://www.kktv.com/morenews/headlines/U...95104.html

http://www.taxmeless.com/USCitizenRenounce.htm

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-02-...cation-fee

And if you don't revoke us status you still have to pay them taxes..
Even if you live outside of the US(what pissed expats off).

image hosting jpg
04-27-2012 02:53 PM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

We really need to get the scum that keep making/passing these laws out of congress. I don't care how its done, they just need to be removed from office. Scandals, propaganda, anything to expose them for the corrupted fucks they are and get the public to rally and vote them out. Even if CISPA is defeated, they will NOT stop until something like it passes. They only way to stop them at this point is to get on the offensive.

Quote:"...investigation and prosecution of cybersecurity crime, protection of individuals, and protection of children."

And they decided to throw down the "protect the children" card too, fuck I can imagine the smug punchable look on the faces of those who added that, knowing fully well that bullshit was drooling from their pens.

At least it still has to go through Senate, and Obama could veto it, but I bet even as we speak, piles of money are begin shoved Obama's way in attempt to get him to pass it on through.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012 04:23 PM by Wingless.)
04-27-2012 04:13 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Oh yes, you American should be proud of your free nation! hahahahahahahaha

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
04-27-2012 05:20 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Wingless: Barry the rat isn't gonna veto shit.
Said the same thing about the NDAA and said he doesn't support it but herpa derp Imma sign it anyway.

remember in the words of a user on another forum I go to.

These guys don't back down when their shitty bills get negative public opinion.
they just keep trying and the inevitable conclusion when this effects the public in all the wrong ways is bloodshed.

image hosting jpg
04-27-2012 05:29 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

rip ss
04-27-2012 08:35 PM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

(04-27-2012 08:35 PM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  rip ss

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
04-27-2012 09:01 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Well shit.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
04-28-2012 12:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Well if Obama doesn't NDAA then I would like him a bit more. But he better not be lying again.
04-28-2012 12:43 AM
Fanatic

Fuck HoS, well then it will be worth it. Though I bet as they make more restrictive laws they will make it harder to revoke the citizenship.

"protection of children"

Who wants to bet a good percentage of American politicians get their dicks sucked by 7 year olds in Cambodia or something.

Live until you die
04-28-2012 01:07 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

And people still call America a free country....
04-28-2012 01:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Soul can you please make a new internet? kthx.

04-28-2012 01:57 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

(04-28-2012 01:57 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  

Soul can you please make a new internet? kthx.

She can make her own ISP on the SS private island. No jurisdiction from any other countries.
04-28-2012 02:21 AM
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Let's buy the Pitcairn Islands and make an SSland, with pirate radio and democratic schooling!

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
04-28-2012 08:50 AM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

People will be enslaved and will never wake up against the tyranny, because they don't wish to get their hands dirty/bloody.

Humanity is buncha pussies thrown together and they inbreed like fucking rabbits fapping over materialistic bullshit nobody except them cares about.

Faggots. Fu
04-29-2012 07:19 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Really our only hope is to get the senate to reject the bill, because Obongo's word isn't exactly reliable.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
04-29-2012 08:56 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

^Pretty much yeah. So ya'll niggas best be emailing your representatives. Believe it or not, if they get 6 or 7 pieces of email from 6 to 10 different people (I typo'd earlier and said 6 or 7 from the smae person derp.), the issue is brought to their attention. If they get a few hundred, they really start to pay attention. If it's in the thousands, it's definitely going to impact their decision. Remember, senators only care about a few different things:

1.) Interest group money.
2.) The people voting for them.
3.) Their reputation.

We're going to focus on number 2 and make it outweight number 1. Raising money isn't as important as getting elected. If they think voting against this bill will get them re-elected, they'll do it. Fo real. Do work nigs.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
04-30-2012 01:42 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Clicky to find your Senators to call:http://grassroutes.us/cispa

And Ive never seen TAA make so much sense in a long time.

05-01-2012 07:12 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Clicky here for CISPA supporter list:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/cispa-s...your-data/

05-01-2012 07:16 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

^Holy fuck that's nearly EVERYONE.
So there are 3 stakeholders involved in this bill.
1) The government.
2) Companies and business.
3) The people.

So two of those 3 stakeholders get a say and support it however the people don't?

Fuck this I'm boycotting Google and Facebook.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 11:49 PM by Efs.)
05-01-2012 11:48 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

I don't think any businesses should able to support one way or another if they aren't a media company IE Mitsubishi and campbell should fuck off.
05-02-2012 12:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Regarding CISPA HawkbitAlpha 18 14,468 04-08-2017 01:08 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  Even worse than SOPA: New CISPA cybersecurity bill will censor the Web Efs 20 8,978 04-16-2012 05:15 AM
Last Post: batboy138
  US Unemployment rate 22%? ~Mystery~ 1 1,635 07-08-2010 08:30 PM
Last Post: Sociopath
  obamas aproval rate is 58% classclown 20 7,119 03-07-2009 11:36 PM
Last Post: Sunbourn
  Zimbabwe's inflation rate hits 2 TRILLION % Michio-kun 14 4,206 10-24-2008 12:59 AM
Last Post: ChickenLeg
  crime rate...and mayor cp 15 4,232 10-14-2007 03:47 AM
Last Post: thewake