RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid School thinks they know whats best
noodlehead Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Ok, so last semester I didn't get the most amazing grades. I had a C in everything except PE(A), Geogaphy(B), and English. In English I got a D. Which means I didnt pass.

So, the school decides to have a meeting which a counseler, vp, some other random adults working at the school and my dad. I thought this was a fucked up idea and said that I'd tried in school but I just had a lot on my mind for the past couple of months(which was very true).
I end up going to the meeting anyways, and the adults start talking about how they had arranged a therapist for me so that I could talk to someone about my "problems".

None of those adults that came to the meeting even knew my name when I walked into the room, so what I dont understand is how the fuck they thought they could sign me up with some damn therapist without my permission. And also how would they know whats best for me when 5 mins ago they didnt even know my name? And I dont need "help". They were all talking to me like I was some depressed little girl. I didn't answer any of their retarded questions. Then they tell me I have to go to summer school to make up for the class I failed. Which is like my worst nightmare come true.
The whole thing made me feel like shit.

About a week later, my english teacher calls me and my dad over for a meeting about how i failed the class. At the meeting, he starts talking about how this is going to affect the college I go to and my whole career and shit. It made me feel even shittier than before.
All this was about 2 1/2 to 3 months ago. I tried to put it all behind me and forget about it.

But 2 days ago, my english teacher sends an email, saying that he'd made a mistake and that I didn't actually have a D, but a C in his class.
Which means that all this shit I went through, and all the nightmares I had about summer school and living on the streets homeless and addicted to drugs when I get out of school was for no fucking reason. My life had been a living hell because of this fucking mistake.
Everyday for the last 2 months I felt like shit when I got out of bed because of school problems, home problems and this other fucking shit.

ANYWAYS, I'm just so overjoyed that all this is over. I'm not too mad about this anymore, but just thought I'd post it.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 01:09 PM by noodlehead.)
04-23-2012 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
RE: Fucking School thinks they know whats best

At my old school all the fucking people said they "wanted to help me", but they kept getting my name wrong every time they spoke to me.
04-23-2012 01:01 PM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

(04-23-2012 01:01 PM)Fish Wrote:  At my old school all the fucking people said they "wanted to help me", but they kept getting my name wrong every time they spoke to me.

Yeah, help us by forcing us to stay in the system we hate. Yep, logic for you.

Noo

I get told they want to help me as well.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
04-23-2012 01:05 PM
kelby393 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
RE: Stupid School thinks they know whats best

What fucking assholes, man. This is why I changed my mind about college. That whole "go to college to get a good job" line of BS just doesnt work so good anymore, and i'm not going down with debt and then i cant find no job!! And to the fucking asshole school admins, the REAL reason we're "not prepared" for college is that YOU DONT EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT TEACHING US - YOU JUST CARE ABOUT HAVING US TO OPPRESS AND TURN TO MINDLESS SHEEP!!! YOU DONT CARE ABOUT HOW WELL ANYONE DOES AT SCHOOL, YOU JUST CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU CAN GET OFF US!
04-23-2012 09:58 PM
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Yea bro, my english teacher loses assignments or marks them as late even if i turn them in on time.

War is stupid.
04-23-2012 11:58 PM
atdevel Offline
Defiant

English teachers mixing up their letters... no way LMAO. I think it's the teacher and administration that needs therapy Razz.
04-24-2012 01:40 AM
iexist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Sounds like they were trying to make you depressed! My advice run the fuck away, if your parents went along with this they lose the rights to take care of you
04-24-2012 02:17 AM
noodlehead Offline
Rebel

(04-24-2012 02:17 AM)iexist Wrote:  Sounds like they were trying to make you depressed! My advice run the fuck away, if your parents went along with this they lose the rights to take care of you

Nah, my parents agreed with me. They are pretty awesome. They knew that the way the school was trying to "help" me was pretty stupid, but instead of making it a big deal, the only reason they went along with it is because they pretty much had no choice. It was only a couple meetings, and I told the therapist I don't need to see her anymore, which my parents were ok with.
05-13-2012 01:28 AM
Endeavourer Offline
Renegade

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

(04-23-2012 01:05 PM)Dirtbikemike Wrote:  
(04-23-2012 01:01 PM)Fish Wrote:  At my old school all the fucking people said they "wanted to help me", but they kept getting my name wrong every time they spoke to me.

Yeah, help us by forcing us to stay in the system we hate. Yep, logic for you.

Noo

I get told they want to help me as well.
Wow, l can totally relate. My mom even sent me to a psychologist once. And people especially said they wanted to help me... by forcing me to stay in the system even though my main unhappiness was... the system itself. Why is it always me which is wrong? Not the system? LOL
05-13-2012 04:23 AM
RandomTroll Offline
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

It's ironic how teachers can make mistakes and get away with them, but students can't.
05-13-2012 07:09 AM
noodlehead Offline
Rebel

Dude, I know. It drives me crazy. A teacher makes a mistake, and I barely get a damn sorry. I make a teeny tiny mistake like screw up my grades because a lot was going on, and all hell breaks loose.
05-14-2012 04:15 AM
EntityCubed Offline
Back In Black

Given 39 thank(s) in 27 post(s)

(05-13-2012 07:09 AM)RandomTroll Wrote:  It's ironic how teachers can make mistakes and get away with them, but students can't.

So true.

"It does a fool no good to spend money on an education. Why? Because he has no common sense."-George Bush
02-07-2013 11:55 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

You look into the eyes of these people and tell them:
"No. I want to help YOU!"

I've found teachers and so-called adults have a habit of exaggerating everything way beyond proportion. It's so logic defying, my mind fails to compute.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-11-2013 11:44 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
coffee Offline
not at all awkward

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

This is pretty much what happened to me, except my nonexistent grades were terrible.
I hate when they give you that look, like they understand you or they're trying to be sympathetic. They sent me to a therapist too, they also asked me if the work was too hard and all that.
02-12-2013 12:49 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

(02-12-2013 12:49 AM)Natures Leftovers Wrote:  This is pretty much what happened to me, except my nonexistent grades were terrible.
I hate when they give you that look, like they understand you or they're trying to be sympathetic. They sent me to a therapist too, they also asked me if the work was too hard and all that.

Well at least a D is considered a fail in this circumstance.

In my school, a private school, if your GPA goes below a 3.0, they think you're doing bad(I believe that is a B). And no, my school isn't composed of geniuses(just a very impulsive administration). Its more an alternative for conservative families who worry about morals.

I think the problem here is that adults seem to assume that you need to finish your education and reach a specific age to be considered as "wise" as an adult. If you look at history however, we see that minors were able to do the same work as adults. Now, I can't buy a costume from a company without a "legal guardian" to conduct it for me. It's absurd, as society has been so broken.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-12-2013 08:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked Please, punish yourself | She still thinks her High School is the best Lucas Gallindo 1 2,258 03-14-2017 07:39 PM
Last Post: sswbm
  My school and its stupid rules Luizao876 5 5,870 02-25-2017 02:57 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Am I the only one who thinks these twisted thoughts? тωιѕтє∂ 12 5,436 01-27-2017 01:57 PM
Last Post: vonunov
  Stupid blocked sites on your school's network schoolsux 37 20,140 11-25-2016 05:51 AM
Last Post: Gwedin
  Stupid school UGH! Twoeta_Bird 3 2,470 05-14-2015 02:22 AM
Last Post: timf
  An incredibly stupid reason why I got called into the school counselor's office vonunov 2 2,595 12-17-2014 03:20 PM
Last Post: Rule_BreakerXVIII
  Society and how it thinks of Insanity Dikont5 14 5,694 06-18-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  OMG, people, school is NOT out to make you look stupid Asder Miller 76 47,307 11-24-2013 06:06 AM
Last Post: 34f3o4wfekwlefjweihj0if'uwkp3rdij
  An already stupid test at my school is being replaced by another stupid test Christian Hellhound 9 4,882 08-22-2013 08:00 AM
  School computers are stupid ..V.. 1 3,678 03-16-2013 01:23 AM