RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to school and then leaving
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Going to school and then leaving

I'm imagining an existing topic like this. But I mean when you get down to it I don't think it exactly matters. What I want to know is how many of you who don't like going to school, attendance problems as they like to call it, so-called truancy if it's more becoming to you, whichever, go to school and then come home early more often than missing the day.
I've just sort of figured out the whole idea of it, I mean if you really want to know. If you don't want to know, in short, if you at least show up in the morning they'll fuck off. Now I don't completely understand why they do but for the major part they do.
It's like this, for me it is. I've determined it clearly is not an academic thing, it isn't a behavioral thing, and it really isn't much a matter of cost either. I mean it. The way I see it is if anyone I have talked to this year were really as concerned with the school budget as anyone would think, things would be different. It's a policy sort of a thing. My psychiatrist told me in March with a cavalier attitude and within her usual "you have to go to school" nomenclature that reduced days are doable. The school just wants you to show up on their attendance when you come in in the morning.
But for me, this whole thing takes a while to sink in. I mean, these people are out to get me, that's basically what they want, and in terms of their policy, I am stumped on how to make them happy, get what I want, etc, with this whole policy thing but I am not following it. Well folks I at least have found the answer I needed.
So I went to school today. I know. I'm a sucker. I know it. Don't even remind me. I was thinking I wasn't about to shoot myself in the face, not really, I mean I was basically fine, so I was planning on being there the whole day. I actually had everything I needed(yeah, right, needed) and I didn't have any particular problems today so that's really why. Yet again the school deters me from my education.
I mean, folks, I was about to have gone a whole entire week without missing a day of school for the first time this year. It was a big thing for me, not that it was good or bad or anything. God, those two words drive me up the wall. Especially when they say true. Don't ever use them around me. I'll run up a tree. I really will, too.
So it starts in math when I have my entire homework log for that week and a half filled out. And it isn't like I don't do my homework, either, because I spend about three hours on that BS every day drawing those damn graphs and those straight lines and writing sonnets about logarithms on those god damned analysis questions. What kills me is getting it checked off every day and not losing the thing. Anyway, I didn't have the back done. That's right, folks, we have to make a memoir of our experiences in Algebra II by "analyzing our understanding of each unit." I don't know. I mean, that is what my teacher should be doing. How on earth do you know how well you know something that you don't know if you know at all?
So anyway, I didn't pass mine up. I was going to hand it in all done after the usual test I don't have enough time on. Do you know what this man does in response? He looks at the quite insufficient number of papers our row passed forward and confronts me about not turning in my paper. I kindly explain and right now I'm about to go sodomize someone with an assault weapon, I swear, I get so angry just thinking about it. I'm not even going to keep at this story. I'll start crying. I'm stopping.
Anyway by this point I was already having a crummy day and then I have to deal with tweedle dumb and tweedle fuck in my second period group. What kills me is the look I get when I stupidly and incessantly offer my daily suggestion in our project obviously to be rejected as usual, all scrunching up their faces in the bizarre way of delivering something no recipient wants to hear as if solving a calculus equation or taking a shit. Oh, and the dumbfucks reject everyone's intelligent suggestions, too. Not just my often and dumb ones. You ought to see them sometime.
So I just ignore them the rest of the period and let them do the work because it isn't my project if I don't even think of it, and then hurrah! It's pouring rain, and eventually thunder and lightning.
I don't care if it rains or not, I hope you know. I don't care that I got soaked from my head to my feet to the inside of my lousy backpack or that my unhooded jacket was precisely no good for keeping out the weather or that the soles of my shoes became a canal. I don't mind. What gets me is how the halls are always so damned crowded when it rains at my school. I always have to walk behind everyone else in the hall and I always have to be the last one in every doorway. Do you think anyone's going to let that happen now that every corridor is now a river? No, it was the sixth layer of Hell.
I get to the library, and it's conveniently closed at the last minute. Oh, and if you folks didn't know, my school provides no facilities so basically most students eat standing up at their twenty minute lunch break and fortunately the six hundred of them on break are allowed to stand up and eat on the school's concrete threshold. (But being in the halls at lunch is just pushing your luck, that's too disruptive)
After all that staring the morons like to give me whenever I walk down a place(apparently they like the way I sit down better and they never stare then; it's as if they all got together and tried to make me stay seated and it isn't going to work) I was about to throw up. But I went to the bathroom. And I didn't. What I'd do is I would stay there the whole time.
Then I thought of a better plan.

You're not going to believe this, but it's true. See, the morons trained me into using that word but it's only a toy for me, understand. What happened was they let me off the hook. Without harassing me! I got to leave after two periods of this awfulness and all I had to do was be there in the first place.
I was so happy I urinated myself. Actually, I didn't. But I was very excited. It turned out to be great, not only today, but knowing what I can do now.
They made it so the school nurse would excuse all my absences when I went to her. I told them I was iatrophobic. I
f you do this, and it doesn't work, you ought to try that. Then tell them you're a scientologist of some sort. Jehovah's Witness won't work anymore. If you ever have to go home from a crappy day, and you can't, just try it.
04-13-2012 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: Going to school and then leaving

I can't read this, go back and press enter a few times

No, this is Patrick.
04-13-2012 06:14 PM
M3116 Offline
I and I

No, just don't read it. You're not taking a test on this or anything, what, are you on a mission to post in every thread?
04-13-2012 06:29 PM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

(04-13-2012 06:14 PM)Stadium Wrote:  I can't read this, go back and press enter a few times

I think you mean tab.
04-14-2012 02:04 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(04-13-2012 06:29 PM)M3116 Wrote:  No, just don't read it. You're not taking a test on this or anything, what, are you on a mission to post in every thread?

I've posted this in 2 threads because people were inconsiderate to the people that they were writing to. If you write something for the community to read, make it readable. I'm not going to do it myself because you can't press enter (yes enter, what the hell, tab??) while you're typing. It isn't that difficult. If you were making this for yourself, then don't worry about it, but when you intend for other people to read something, don't make a clusterfuck of letters.

Oh, and also, fuck you.

No, this is Patrick.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 03:27 AM by Stadium.)
04-14-2012 03:27 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

enter creates a whole space tab just spaces like 5 times
04-14-2012 03:41 AM
M3116 Offline
I and I

Calm down. Just don't read it if it makes you so upset.
At the bottom of everything, ever go to school and then leave? I'm wondering if anyone else's discovered the key to missing school is this damned easy, or maybe it's just my school that does this. You don't have to crucify me or anything. If you're not interested, don't read. If someone's really interested in a topic and it's that long, they'll read it if they like it I guess. Don't worry about it, really. Take a day off. You deserve it.

No Fish20 I know what you mean. I think he means create a new paragraph first though.
04-14-2012 03:59 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(04-14-2012 03:59 AM)M3116 Wrote:  Calm down. Just don't read it if it makes you so upset.
At the bottom of everything, ever go to school and then leave? I'm wondering if anyone else's discovered the key to missing school is this damned easy, or maybe it's just my school that does this. You don't have to crucify me or anything. If you're not interested, don't read. If someone's really interested in a topic and it's that long, they'll read it if they like it I guess. Don't worry about it, really. Take a day off. You deserve it.

No Fish20 I know what you mean. I think he means create a new paragraph first though.

All I wanted you to do was make some new paragraphs because I wanted to see what it said with little effort on my part.

But anyway, if you do that at my school, you will get caught. Either at my old public school, or my new charter school. Do you mean just leave without telling anyone, or going through the office or whatever you have? Do they not take attendance in every classroom there?

No, this is Patrick.
04-14-2012 04:02 AM
M3116 Offline
I and I

All right, well maybe I'll go back and make new paragraphs but it doesn't matter too much. All I do is blither on all the time either way and it'll be just the same. I'm not saying what I write is too important or anything, though, that's just the way I like it.
At charter school they hunt you down even if you showed up? Wow. They must just be money hungry or something. I mean do the office thing, yeah, but it's easy. You just get your parents to say they want you back and all and it doesn't matter how often you do it, not at my school. In fact I'm doing it right now. Before, they'd chew your head off if you were absent and it WAS excused, the dumb office slag. They take attendance alright, but they just want you to show up on their sheet and, it seems, nothing more. I'm delighted.
04-14-2012 04:09 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

(04-14-2012 03:27 AM)Stadium Wrote:  (yes enter, what the hell, tab??)

I'm not sure if you've ever read a book, but books look like this:

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/c/carroll/...pter1.html

EDIT: but MyBB forums are retarted and can't handle proper paragraph indentation.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 04:58 AM by fish20.)
04-14-2012 04:56 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Reading text on computers=/=reading text in books

Books are physically a lot smaller, therefore easier to read than my giant ass computer screen.

No, this is Patrick.
04-14-2012 04:58 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I have done that from time to time. They took attendance at 10:00 so sometimes I would just show up at 10:00, and sometimes leave right after the attendance sheets were sent in.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
04-14-2012 07:18 PM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Here's the post with paragraph spacing. Happy, Stadium?

(04-13-2012 06:12 PM)M3116 Wrote:  I'm imagining an existing topic like this. But I mean when you get down to it I don't think it exactly matters. What I want to know is how many of you who don't like going to school, attendance problems as they like to call it, so-called truancy if it's more becoming to you, whichever, go to school and then come home early more often than missing the day.
I've just sort of figured out the whole idea of it, I mean if you really want to know. If you don't want to know, in short, if you at least show up in the morning they'll fuck off. Now I don't completely understand why they do but for the major part they do.

It's like this, for me it is. I've determined it clearly is not an academic thing, it isn't a behavioral thing, and it really isn't much a matter of cost either. I mean it. The way I see it is if anyone I have talked to this year were really as concerned with the school budget as anyone would think, things would be different. It's a policy sort of a thing. My psychiatrist told me in March with a cavalier attitude and within her usual "you have to go to school" nomenclature that reduced days are doable. The school just wants you to show up on their attendance when you come in in the morning.

But for me, this whole thing takes a while to sink in. I mean, these people are out to get me, that's basically what they want, and in terms of their policy, I am stumped on how to make them happy, get what I want, etc, with this whole policy thing but I am not following it. Well folks I at least have found the answer I needed.

So I went to school today. I know. I'm a sucker. I know it. Don't even remind me. I was thinking I wasn't about to shoot myself in the face, not really, I mean I was basically fine, so I was planning on being there the whole day. I actually had everything I needed(yeah, right, needed) and I didn't have any particular problems today so that's really why. Yet again the school deters me from my education.

I mean, folks, I was about to have gone a whole entire week without missing a day of school for the first time this year. It was a big thing for me, not that it was good or bad or anything. God, those two words drive me up the wall. Especially when they say true. Don't ever use them around me. I'll run up a tree. I really will, too.

So it starts in math when I have my entire homework log for that week and a half filled out. And it isn't like I don't do my homework, either, because I spend about three hours on that BS every day drawing those damn graphs and those straight lines and writing sonnets about logarithms on those god damned analysis questions. What kills me is getting it checked off every day and not losing the thing. Anyway, I didn't have the back done. That's right, folks, we have to make a memoir of our experiences in Algebra II by "analyzing our understanding of each unit." I don't know. I mean, that is what my teacher should be doing. How on earth do you know how well you know something that you don't know if you know at all?

So anyway, I didn't pass mine up. I was going to hand it in all done after the usual test I don't have enough time on. Do you know what this man does in response? He looks at the quite insufficient number of papers our row passed forward and confronts me about not turning in my paper. I kindly explain and right now I'm about to go sodomize someone with an assault weapon, I swear, I get so angry just thinking about it. I'm not even going to keep at this story. I'll start crying. I'm stopping.
Anyway by this point I was already having a crummy day and then I have to deal with tweedle dumb and tweedle fuck in my second period group. What kills me is the look I get when I stupidly and incessantly offer my daily suggestion in our project obviously to be rejected as usual, all scrunching up their faces in the bizarre way of delivering something no recipient wants to hear as if solving a calculus equation or taking a shit. Oh, and the dumbfucks reject everyone's intelligent suggestions, too. Not just my often and dumb ones. You ought to see them sometime.
So I just ignore them the rest of the period and let them do the work because it isn't my project if I don't even think of it, and then hurrah! It's pouring rain, and eventually thunder and lightning.

I don't care if it rains or not, I hope you know. I don't care that I got soaked from my head to my feet to the inside of my lousy backpack or that my unhooded jacket was precisely no good for keeping out the weather or that the soles of my shoes became a canal. I don't mind. What gets me is how the halls are always so damned crowded when it rains at my school. I always have to walk behind everyone else in the hall and I always have to be the last one in every doorway. Do you think anyone's going to let that happen now that every corridor is now a river? No, it was the sixth layer of Hell.

I get to the library, and it's conveniently closed at the last minute. Oh, and if you folks didn't know, my school provides no facilities so basically most students eat standing up at their twenty minute lunch break and fortunately the six hundred of them on break are allowed to stand up and eat on the school's concrete threshold. (But being in the halls at lunch is just pushing your luck, that's too disruptive)

After all that staring the morons like to give me whenever I walk down a place(apparently they like the way I sit down better and they never stare then; it's as if they all got together and tried to make me stay seated and it isn't going to work) I was about to throw up. But I went to the bathroom. And I didn't. What I'd do is I would stay there the whole time.

Then I thought of a better plan.

You're not going to believe this, but it's true. See, the morons trained me into using that word but it's only a toy for me, understand. What happened was they let me off the hook. Without harassing me! I got to leave after two periods of this awfulness and all I had to do was be there in the first place.

I was so happy I urinated myself. Actually, I didn't. But I was very excited. It turned out to be great, not only today, but knowing what I can do now.

They made it so the school nurse would excuse all my absences when I went to her. I told them I was iatrophobic. If you do this, and it doesn't work, you ought to try that. Then tell them you're a scientologist of some sort. Jehovah's Witness won't work anymore. If you ever have to go home from a crappy day, and you can't, just try it.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012 08:41 PM by Dirtbikemike.)
04-16-2012 08:40 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

lol, I read it on my 320x240 cellphone screen, the lack of spacing didn't bother me. Razz

Having some (however small) amount of power over your school time is a good thing. Also handy being in a huge school where you're less likely to be missed. This would never have worked for me in the small private school...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-18-2012 09:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M3116 Offline
I and I

(04-14-2012 07:18 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  I have done that from time to time. They took attendance at 10:00 so sometimes I would just show up at 10:00, and sometimes leave right after the attendance sheets were sent in.

So smart, see, how long it took me to realize that.
For my brother, the whole class ends at 2:30 and so he always leaves to go to the bathroom at 2:00 and then drives home, but he has senioritis (I caught it from it, goddamn it).
How often did ya do it though because what I'm wondering is what did people do after a while, I mean what the hell would a teacher do?
04-19-2012 03:04 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(04-19-2012 03:04 PM)M3116 Wrote:  
(04-14-2012 07:18 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  I have done that from time to time. They took attendance at 10:00 so sometimes I would just show up at 10:00, and sometimes leave right after the attendance sheets were sent in.

So smart, see, how long it took me to realize that.
For my brother, the whole class ends at 2:30 and so he always leaves to go to the bathroom at 2:00 and then drives home, but he has senioritis (I caught it from it, goddamn it).
How often did ya do it though because what I'm wondering is what did people do after a while, I mean what the hell would a teacher do?

I did it a lot in elementary school, and no one ever seemed to care. I did it only a handful of times in middle school. High school was different because they kept track of your attendance to each individual class. I still just skipped 1st period sometimes, but I ended up not getting "credit" for it due to "excessive absences", even though I had an A in the class.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
04-19-2012 09:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Big Grin I'm leaving my shit school 4r4b7 12 3,279 10-19-2012 01:02 PM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  closer to leaving school and starting a new one. overhills high NineCrimes 13 4,195 02-08-2012 01:11 PM
Last Post: NineCrimes
  The best part about leaving school... Desu 19 6,358 09-23-2010 11:53 PM
Last Post: Aya
  Leaving school and moving to college KnowWhy 2 1,551 03-27-2009 12:48 PM
Last Post: Leon Kinotolian
  Leaving school at 18? Evasion 4 1,626 01-19-2008 08:37 AM
Last Post: youvebeenthunderstruck