RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUCK SPRING BREAK HOMEWORK
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
FUCK SPRING BREAK HOMEWORK

Why in the hell can they not give us our break as a relaxing one, not one that includes doing a 3 page essay on values to make yourself a better citizen. It's not our fucking job to be a student, you know. It's yours however to be a teacher. And we won't learn shit if you make us do this. The only thing essays have taught me is to bullshit my experiences and values.

a fucking spring break wasted

War is stupid.
04-12-2012 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RaiserZero Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
RE: FUCK SPRING BREAK HOMEWORK

That fucking sucks. I'm glad I didn't get any work for my spring break. They should put a law against it >.>

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
04-12-2012 10:21 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

Lol @ spring break homework & how they actually expect it to get done.
04-12-2012 10:30 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Simply don't do it.
04-12-2012 10:31 AM
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Given 9 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Just do what I do, get really pissy in the tone of the writing and subject.

Last time I had homework over break it was how to resist smoking and stuff like that, yadda yadda yadda, smoking's bad and such converted into a 4-5 page essay.

So I wrote about how I was tired about how much they were cramming this anti smoking stuff down our throats, how they were becoming as bad as the smoking company, trying to force their views on impressionable children and such.

"All Animals are equal, But some are more equal than others."
04-12-2012 10:34 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

You should see how much homework my little cousin gets on breaks. She says her teacher is a bitch. I agree.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
04-12-2012 12:07 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

I got shittons of homework for my spring break too (was last week). The constant annoying thought that I "had" to do it while I didn't actually want to or give a fuck practically ruined my break.

[Image: glorious666.png]
04-12-2012 12:37 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(04-12-2012 10:16 AM)flann Wrote:  Why in the hell can they not give us our break as a relaxing one, not one that includes doing a 3 page essay on values to make yourself a better citizen. It's not our fucking job to be a student, you know. It's yours however to be a teacher. And we won't learn shit if you make us do this. The only thing essays have taught me is to bullshit my experiences and values.

a fucking spring break wasted

Can you say brainwashing

No, this is Patrick.
04-12-2012 01:20 PM
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

brainwashing

yes, i can say it.

If anything, I'm ready for this country to get destroyed.

War is stupid.
04-12-2012 03:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Homework sucks! Homework is a WASTE OF TIME! Barricade 27 14,177 07-15-2015 03:27 AM
Last Post: sswbm
  nearly died 3 times during spring darkmind15 22 4,451 05-01-2014 01:24 PM
Last Post: Trar
  spring break darkmind15 11 2,824 04-12-2014 06:08 AM
Last Post: Alistoriv
  Spring vacation Faroven 14 4,541 04-01-2012 10:15 AM
Last Post: Sharpie
  spring break Gaiyara 5 2,329 03-14-2009 11:54 AM
Last Post: cp
  SPRING BREAK Milk2Go 21 4,777 04-17-2008 08:43 AM
Last Post: youvebeenthunderstruck
  End of spring break KitsuneSefam 2 1,436 03-11-2008 01:25 PM