RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Locker Infraction"
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Given 9 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
"Locker Infraction"

Apparently because I have a messy locker that means that I can get a white slip for a 'locker infraction'. I wanted to use home room (you know that class that's supposed to be our free time?) to do my science crap but she told me if I didn't clean out my locker I would get a white slip for a locker infraction.

Jesus Christ my English teacher is so immature. I swear to God this is the only time I've had a teacher actually have a bias against me, she has given me detention because someone next to me - laughed - and she interpreted it as me talking. That would be the third time last grading period I got in trouble for not talking.

Tried to explain the situation to the Principal and I ended up getting nasty looks from the whole staff for weeks.

God damn now I have two detentions tomorrow morning because I had to use the bathroom and she wouldn't accept my passes.

"All Animals are equal, But some are more equal than others."
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 02:43 PM by Sapphire Flames.)
04-04-2012 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
RE: "Locker Infraction"

Wow. Don't they have better things to do than be nazis about the organization of your fucking locker?

Your school administration sounds retarded as hell. Detention for going to the bathroom? lol. Just don't go.
04-04-2012 02:44 PM
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

I'll see if my dad is okay with it. If I don't go that means a 3 hour after school Thursday detention since we get Friday off. If I don't go to that I get suspended. Which goes on my permanent record and has the possibility to delay me getting my drivers license.

I'd honestly be fine with just going to Thursday detention and cross my fingers that we get Missy, best supervisor we have.

04-04-2012 02:50 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

Just explain what happened to your dad, there should be no reason why he wouldn't agree with you. You were using the bathroom & that's bullshit.
04-04-2012 02:57 PM
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Pfft, this is detention? Basically we have to wait in our auditorium 30 minutes every morning. Their idea of detention is being sectioned off from the rest of the kids during this time. They don't even tell me to turn off my phone. I can even take the bus like usual.

That's a joke.

04-05-2012 07:41 AM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I'm blowing off a detention. Got it because I skipped a horribly boring class that we aren't allowed to talk in, and that I don't have friends in anyway, to be social with other people at their lunch period.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 08:11 AM by Dirtbikemike.)
04-05-2012 08:11 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Good god. Do you have to give the Nazi salute when an administrator goes by?
I've got a pretty lax school in terms of rules. None of the teachers or administrators had out punishment unless you're blatantly disrespectful. There is detention but its for morons who don't know when to stop or don't bother avoiding the few people who pass out detentions for ridiculous shit. I could give a laundry list of rules nobody enforces and things people do wrong.

-No gum
-No food or drinks in class
-No electronics
-No playing cards
-No skateboards (Nobody rides them but you aren't supposed to have them on campus)
-No cursing (Like that's enforceable in a high school anyway)
-Drugs are all over the goddamn place, I know at least 11 people who could get me weed because they carry it around in their bags. My school is full of druggies.
-People smoke pot and cigarettes in the bathroom all the time, though I suppose that's not really enforceable.
-Cheating as rampant like any school
-We have "Passes" in our planners but nobody really uses them, You can pretty much go where ever you want whenever you want.
-Skipping is extremely easy, Just walk off campus whenever you feel like it

However there are a few things they are oddly strict about, One of them is hats. of all the nonsensical things to enforce they choose hats? All the teachers get on your case for it. I'm honestly at a loss on this one. Another thing is late passes, the majority of teachers are pretty lenient with this rule but there is a pretty large group of them that seem pretty adamant about late passes. We have a computer attendance system since it is the 21st century but if you're late and have the misfortune of a crabby teacher you have to leave, walk to the cafeteria and get a pass from one of the AP's and they write your name down in a book.
This is another thing I simply don't get. If a student is late wouldn't it make more sense to just have the teacher change it in the computer (Which they can do) and have the system keep a tally of how many times he was late, instead of making him walk across campus to get a pass making him even more late?
04-05-2012 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Yeah most of those are enforced here, the worst thing is the dress code.

My friend got in trouble for wearing a dress on her birthday to school and it was like, a cm too short or something ridiculous like that. So they made her go to the office, call her mum, and have her bring jeans and a hoodie to school so she can 'cover up'.

It's crazy.

04-05-2012 12:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Locker searches...for our own good genuine anarchist 8 4,360 11-28-2010 02:42 AM
Last Post: kbeth
  locker rooms R00t 22 7,174 07-14-2006 02:32 PM
Last Post: xXThe Damnation ProjectXx