RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to slack but get good grades?
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
How to slack but get good grades?

I've had the week off for spring break and now I have to go back Monday, and I've been thinking about how useless this is and then I was wondering how to slack, but still manage good grades, atleast a D, which is passing. Any ideas?

03-18-2012 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
RE: How to slack but get good grades?

http://forums.school-survival.net/showth...p?tid=3025

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
03-18-2012 11:29 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Just do the big important work that matters towards your grade, fuck the rest.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
03-18-2012 11:31 AM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

Thank you, Efs and The for actually helping me.

03-18-2012 11:58 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

(03-18-2012 11:58 AM)Këîtágâmìî Wrote:  Thank you, Efs and The for actually helping me.

You're welcome, kind sir

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
03-18-2012 11:59 AM
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Given 9 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

A D is passing? What the....

Freaking standards man.

"All Animals are equal, But some are more equal than others."
03-18-2012 02:18 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Pay attention and do work and shit during class, try to do as much homowork as possible during class but still do next to nothing when you go home... works for me, and I have C's to A's. Actually, just one C (GPA of 3.8 last semester). Except I actually do these stupid weekly essay things that aren't even essays, but it feels like I'm wasting most of my time on the computer when I'm home.

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2012 02:25 PM by LOON_ATTIC.)
03-18-2012 02:24 PM
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

No, aim for a C or better. In doing so you will probably get an F. (Not you, I mean hypothetically)
That's why you should aim for an A to make sure you get at least a C. Trust me, it will benefit you the most in the grand scheme of things even if you don't like to do the homework. Trust me, it makes it a lot easier. Okay? Wink
When you get a worksheet or anything like that, work with other people in the class for the answers during school. Worksheets are one of the worst things to get, but a lot of people in class share their answers.
You can get an IEP to get extended work time, so you don't have due dates, if you really want to do that.
And I agree with The, in something like a long math assignment it will be alright to skip a few problems(or better, a few steps) to pass judgment you have completed it. It is easier if you copy down the problems first, and then do them, and also if you use pre-printed graphs.
At lunch or when you have any sort of downtime in class, do your homework when you are still in school-mode.
If you have to do a review, skim through the chapter once as fast as you can, and THEN try to read it, and then answer the questions so that you don't have to go back.
An essay is what you should spend the highest amount of time on, for example--not a worksheet.
That's all that I could think of. Sorry.
03-18-2012 06:30 PM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I slacked off but still passed from 3rd to 8th grade. The teachers bitching at me for doing just above the minimum was the worst. This year a lot of things really got to me. Almost like small epiphanies one after another. I just really don't give a fuck anymore. I'm failing 3 classes and the only hairs falling off of my head are ones that are cut at the hair salon... In short, NO STRESS Smile

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
03-18-2012 07:53 PM
Campion Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I suggest you not give a damn about grades overall. 95% or my grades were F - C, sometimes a B. Two important factors I learned for some teachers were school attendance and effort in the work. I remember one year I had done nothing for numerous word cards you had to write until the final day they were all due (The teacher was mad at me about it and warned me I would fail) And I did them all in one night to his surprise and got an A. As for homework... I never did it.
03-18-2012 09:55 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

It helps a lot if you're generally good at remembering shit... are you? 'Cause in my case I got projects and stuff like that done rather easily using the interwebs (which wasn't quite as popular back in the day), and for the rest, I was just lucky to be good at remembering the crap for the tests without really studying or anything. So if you can remember stuff, then focus all your school-related efforts on figuring out how to do the stuff that doesn't require memorization.

Absent's guide seems like it would probably work quite well too.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-19-2012 01:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forced To Get Good Grades To Pass JakeAE86 5 3,567 02-20-2016 03:43 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  good grades, adult values, etc stevehein 3 2,825 02-02-2015 03:06 PM
Last Post: Rule_BreakerXVIII
  Good grades dosen't mean your smart analogue 34 24,536 09-14-2013 08:59 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Prisoner of good behavior and grades Dirtbikemike 12 7,688 12-28-2012 01:01 PM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  Study hard, get good grades, and find a good job. Cryme 27 12,736 11-10-2010 03:59 PM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  How to: Get good grades without trying to hard. Absnt 13 15,440 09-18-2010 12:55 PM
Last Post: AWOL
  Why do we have to get good grades Tasty Waffles 2 1,839 05-02-2008 12:22 PM
Last Post: Tasty Waffles
  Should schools give students incentives for good grades? The Wadekarl 25 10,079 11-19-2007 10:49 AM
Last Post: arthasmenethil
  Good bribe for good grades Will 10 4,931 03-01-2006 09:54 PM
Last Post: Rebelnerd