RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sci's Dream Log
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Given 25 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Sci's Dream Log

You have no idea. My dreams are so messed up, it's epic.
Dream Log Entry #1:
Recently, I had a dream where I was in an empty restaurant. My mind told me "safe" and I supposed the restaurant was a good place to be. It didn't look like a restaurant, but my mind told me it was. There was a concrete pillar in the restaurant that led up to the ceiling. There was a blue scribble-scrabble that my mind told me was my own drawing. I went outside. The sky was clear, and the grass was superduper green. Nobody was around. Outside the building was a long wide hill that was easy to climb over. So I walked to the top of the hill, and on the other side was an infinitely long field of green grass that stretched to the horizon. No mountains, no hills, no ponds. Just. Grass.
Except that there was a large tree in the middle of the field, some distance away. I didn't think much of it, so I turned around and headed down the hill behind me. So, I just hung out around the restaurant for a few minutes.
Suddenly, my eyes blinked. When they did, I was inside the restaurant again, only something wasn't right. My mind suddenly said "unsafe". The sky out the windows looked bleak and partially red, like it did in Ocarina of Time when you went into the future. Oddly enough, and like OoT, my mind told me I was in the future. I looked at the pillar where my drawing was. It was scribbled out with black, and a red salamander was drawn over it, for reasons I can't understand. So if the restaurant was not safe, I ran outside next to the hill. There were tents set up aside it, with random people in my life sitting inside them with expressionless faces. They weren't moving, just staring blankly at the tent wall like they were scared of something.
I looked up. The sky was turning into a thundering swirl of purple clouds. Suddenly the wind started to gust violently, sending wide oceanlike ripples over the grassbeds. (and the music from the last stage of Achievement Unlocked 2 started playing.) Something told me that the tree was safe, although it was the center of the storm. But still, I wrestled my way through the wind that was blowing strongly, inching my way towards the tree. As I got close, my vision started to white out a little. and a little more for each step I took to the tree. When I was just about to touch the tree, my vision turned blank white.

Then I woke up.

I believe the dream told me that the first half was my childhood, pure and devoid of any bad things. The tree probably symbolizes the Holy Spirit, always there and always a safe place to be. The second half of the dream is probably the present where everything is chaotic. The red salamander scribbling out my drawing probably means that someone is trying to invade my peace. The scared people were probably too scared of being under the safety of the Holy Spirit. I was brave enough to make it to safety, which, the whiting out of my vision is likely that saying "I see the Light" where people are transported to Heaven.

Sorry if my biblic dreams offend anyone. I kinda have a strange connection with things like that.
Well there. That's my first entry of this Dream Log.

Educational Freedom Organization
My Website (old stories that'll make your eyes bleed)
My Steam
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2012 12:03 AM by scientistB.)
03-08-2012 08:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Electronagon Offline
Cybernet Model 101

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
RE: Sci's Dream Log

Epic dream.
I had one when I was about 3 years old where my bedroom light mutated into a monster, and attacked me. I screamed and my mother came in and kicked the crap out of it with some Kung-Fu
Best night ever.

Hidden stuff:

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=4560839182713275&am...e4e0c18eeb]
Find the I.

[Image: shooting-two-guns.gif][Image: tommy-submachine-gun.gif]

Fight the power! Pirate
03-08-2012 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: l1qu1d
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

(03-08-2012 09:31 AM)WellHelloThere Wrote:  Epic dream.
I had one when I was about 3 years old where my bedroom light mutated into a monster, and attacked me. I screamed and my mother came in and kicked the crap out of it with some Kung-Fu
Best night ever.

I just ROFLd like a boss.

My Steam
03-08-2012 11:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I swear your brain makes up dreams as it goes along. But that was massively entertaining to read. It's weird how sometimes you kind of merge images with ideas and get the 'sense' of a restaurant isn't it? You should try to make a drawing or something of it. Sounds like a neat dream to have.

Oh, and the white eyelid thing always happens to me when I start to astrally project then get too bored to fall asleep. 0_o Maybe it meant something.
03-09-2012 08:18 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

(03-09-2012 08:18 AM)M3116 Wrote:  I swear your brain makes up dreams as it goes along. But that was massively entertaining to read. It's weird how sometimes you kind of merge images with ideas and get the 'sense' of a restaurant isn't it? You should try to make a drawing or something of it. Sounds like a neat dream to have.

Oh, and the white eyelid thing always happens to me when I start to astrally project then get too bored to fall asleep. 0_o Maybe it meant something.

Thank you greatly. See, THIS is the kind of stuff I want to hear from people about things I write. Anyway, yeah, I think that whiteout does mean something, as I guessed in the paragraph after I woke up.

My Steam
03-09-2012 11:45 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Dream Log Entry #2:
Ironically, this is a dream I had mere hours ago, so I might as well jot it down here while I still remember the details. This one is short, though.
Ahem...
On a cloudy day, I got off at my bus stop and I was heading home. For some reason though, one of my friends got off at my stop when he normally gets off at another, so it was me, and a few of my friends (including a girl I kinda like) along with the guy that wasn't supposed to get off at my stop. As we kept walking though, most of the kids turned and went into their houses as they normally do. However, I didn't understand why the guy at the wrong stop was still following us, but he was talking to the girl and I could only expect the worst; he was trying to hook up with her.
We neared the entrance to my neighborhood and they started talking stupid-sweet nonsense. The girl said something like "Don't have a girlfriend? I could help you with that" to the guy, whom I was beginning to no longer consider him as a friend. Suddenly, they were getting ready to kiss, which infuriated me. My mind, acting as a guide yet again, screamed out "Don't let it happen!" with enough force to almost shake me to conciousness.
Using my concious mind for the first time in any of my dreams, I summoned a horde of insects out of nowhere, surrounding myself in a shield of them, and creating a barrier between my no-longer friend and the girl I liked. They started saying, "What the heck? What's going on?!" The guy started to move closer, so I sent a few insects to pummel his face with a trillion bites.
But the sound of screaming bugs annoyed me, so I noticed a huge swarm of crows flying overhead. With my hands, I brought them down to me, creating a much bigger and darker atmosphere around us. But the guy was still moving in, so I strengthened the barrier and attacked him with crows, knocking him down into the asphalt. It was almost as if I could control the crows just by waving my hands in a certan direction.
Eventually, I was tuckered out and I coulden't use my new dark magic anymore. Luckily for me, they were in no mood for love anymore, so I sat down on a sidewalk and laid down flat on my back.
But that wasn't the end of it. The guy came rushing toward me, with blisters all over his face, shouting "What's wrong with you, you f***ing hater?!"
I couldn't move, as much as I wanted to. I whispered "Oh, crud," and suddenly I recieved a grueling kick to the chin, and I flew back a few meters. He kicked me again, on the side of my ribs, and a second later he disappeared. Laying there with my crumpled body, it started to rain. I cried.

Then I woke up.

Since this dream was so recent, I'm unable to figure out what it all means. But I do have a few good guesses. The overall feeling of this dream stands for the fact that I'm trying every day to get hooked up with a girl, and at the end of the day I'm always defeated despite my greatest efforts. Day after day, people continue to take all the girls I know and my options are running out fast. The kid getting off on my bus stop symbolizes the fact that people always invade my personal things and do what they can to ruin it, even if they are acquaintences. Things like this are ongoing battles that never seemed to end; even if I did push away the enemy for now, he will be back the next day, and will continue the assault until they get what they want. Somehow I must find a way to get ahead of the competition.
Okay, maybe this dream was a little long, but still, I had it hours ago and still remember it vividly.
There's my second entry. Share your thoughts below.

My Steam
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 02:03 AM by scientistB.)
03-11-2012 12:02 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Dream Log Entry #3:
I'm not sure if this was a twisted dream or a bunch of them combined into one night. It actually scared me a bit after I thought about it. So.
I don't exactly remember how this dream began. I think I was jumping roof-to-roof over 50-story buildings. It was strangely foggy and I couldn't see more than fifty feet or so ahead of me. I stopped on top of a building whose roof was made of those green chips you see inside machinery. My mind came to life again, telling me it was a "Manufacturing Building." I don't know if it meant it was a factory or what. I opened a door on the floor of the roof and jumped inside. There was a dead body on the ground, but I didn't know who it was. There was completely nobody around, it was dead quiet. It was also dark, and no lights were on.
Climbing down a few floors, I ended up in a strange hotel room made out of glass. At the front of the room was a bathroom also made of glass. Inside, there was a bathtub and bath robes hanging on racks. My mind said that the entire population was wiped out; I had the whole world to myself. I took a bathrobe and tried it on, but it was too small to fit me. I put it back and noticed a ladder on a wall. I stepped back and peered through all the glass walls above me. The ladder led to another room, with another ladder to another room, and so on. In each bathroom was a fish tank of a different color for each room, Hot pink, aqua blue, sage green.
I eventually exited the building and I oddly noticed one of my brother's friends running to me. It didn't make sense because I thought I was the only person left. He offered me a bottle of water, and I accepted it. As I began to drink it, I almost choked. He poisoned the water with tadpoles, frogs, and crabs. I returned to the bathroom upstairs and poured the tiny creatures into the fish tank, hoping they'll survive. Then, I see the fishes' eyes clouding up like my pet snake usually does when he sheds. Anyway, I exited once more; there was no sign of my brother's friend. I walked into another building, which my mind told me was my house, and sat on a chair. I started up Fraps on my TV (which is impossible because Fraps only works on computers) and started recording the final boss of Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past. Afterwards, I paused the game and stepped outside.
The next thing I know, I'm standing in a small wooden abandoned warehouse. It was dark again, and I felt an odd presence among me. I didn't know what it was. (Oddly, that same music From Achievement Unlocked 2, called Living Voyage, played again.) I walked out of the warehouse and ended up in an icy cold field. I didn't feel the temperature at all and continued walking. The energy of the presence strengthened. Ahead of me was an opposite half of the icy field; a desert. I stepped to the other side, and suddenly I felt a little hot. I don't think it was from the desert, though. This strange energy strengthened dramatically as half the desert was suddenly covered in water, turning it into a beach.
All of a sudden, whatever was making the energy flow, finally appeared. Everything lit up, and before me was a skinny blond girl with a pale face, wearing a black long-sleeved shirt. She was floating off her feet in front of me for some reason. She closed her eyes, went forward a bit, wrapped her arms around me and planted a lasting kiss on my lips.

Then I woke up.

This dream had a lot of mixed thoughts in it. As I jumped over the buildings, it depicts my long journey through life; each building represents a place, situation, event, or an important matter. This micro-chipped building might have been my mind itself. I always feel as if my mind is too complex to understand. The fish in the fish tank were actually the fish I had in real life, except they were in a different tank that did not glow with neon colors. The odd part where I try on a bath robe represents how I am constantly trying to find clothes in real life that fit me; I am growing too rapidly. The overall feeling of being alone can mean two things: either I want to have solitude from other people, or I feel lost or alone in life. But I suspect the former. The fog outside is the unknown, since I can never tell where I'm headed in life. My brother's friend tried to poison me because in real life I can't trust him. He's only a measely fifth grader, but he can do some pretty nasty and unforgiveable things at times, along with his other friends. As for the Fraps recording, well, I've always wanted to record games on my TV for the fun of it, but I never got around to it. The three environments, the warehouse, the icy field, the beach, they all mean different things, likely stages of life. I believe it was dark most of the time because the unusual spirit girl haden't appeared yet. This probably represents how I want, nay, need someone important to light up my life. But the best part is, how her invisible presence was looming around but I couldn't see it yet. This probably means that I may be close to achieving something.

And this concludes my longest entry yet.

My Steam
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2012 03:53 AM by scientistB.)
03-24-2012 10:47 AM
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Interesting. What if you've got your head in the clouds, or in the fog, or whatever, and you can't even realize the danger in what you're doing? But interesting how you interpret it. Sounds about right. In fact, I bet it would be a pretty cool dream to have if it related to your life so much.
But how the hotel had the bathrobes, and was made of glass and all. You knew you were going to climb into a fishbowl. Weird. If I were you, I'd look into those things you saw in your drink. They're all organisms that transition from life on land into bodies of water. I mean in the broad scope of things, what are you getting yourself into? Are you leaving home or something, going somewhere as unpredictable or pure and essential as water from land with some sort of help that you don't even realize?
Or maybe...It's like death. We all think of this greatly unbalanced concept, like life is some cold Purgatory like wasteland and death is divine comfort, or that it's awful and life is fantastic, when really, it could be that everything's fine and that you won't have a body, like that girl you saw, but you'll still be alive. I don't know but if I were you, I would think of death. But I always think of impending death and it never comes.
Cool dream though. Especially the hotel, I'm always dreaming up places like that I wish I could go to.
04-13-2012 06:28 PM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

You could be right. I try to think of my dreams in different perspectives, to see what it relates to and how it does.

Dream Log Entry #4:
Recently, I had a relatively short dream where the main objective, according to my mind, was that I was going back in time to visit people I've known from the passed years. Once I got there, I noticed a few people from 8th grade, who I said hi to and whatnot. However, I'm not sure they noticed me. I was standing in a clear area next to a line of bookshelves under one large building. It was probably a library. Some people were laying down in a few aisles, not speaking or anything.
As I was walking through the clearing, I almost tripped over a girl from the present who was lying on her stomach. I barely avoided tripping over her, but she got up and started yelling jibbrish. I couldn't tell what she was saying because her voice sounded muffled. She was angry at me clearly, but she didn't see that it was an accident and that I didn't mean to walk over her. I turned my head and noticed the kids from 8th grade staring in another direction, still not paying attention to me.
Fed up, I left the building and randomly teleported into the spaceship from the game VVVVVV. I looked at the window and watched a million stars fly past.

Then I woke up.

Oddly, I think the dream looks toward how my past interacts with the present. The library was likely a giant memory bank of mine or something. The people lying down in the aisles are likely memories I tend to keep open, as if they themselves are books on the shelves. I don't think the 8th grade kids ever saw me because, well, they didn't in real life. They didn't really pay attention to me. The girl who yelled at me is a situation that happens pretty often. I get blamed for something I don't have much control over. The ship from VVVVVV... well, I recently started playing it but I think the outer space background symbolizes time and space travel. As if I was exploring just about everything life has to offer.
Sorry if I wrote this in a hurry.

My Steam
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 02:07 AM by scientistB.)
04-14-2012 06:08 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Dream Log Entry #5:
The dream recently was blurry, but some parts were clear. I was sitting in my room, trying to fight a boss from MapleStory called Pink Bean. It was just me fighting him, which is impossible since thirty people can fight him at one time and he's one of the hardest bosses in the game, with 2.1 billion HP. I didn't stand a chance but I kept fighting him.
Then I overheard my mom and brothers saying that there was a bad forest fire nearby. I was interested in finding out more information, so without saying anything, I opened the door and hurried outside, forgetting about Pink Bean. As soon as I was outside, my vision became fogged with smoke and the air was hot. I had trouble breathing, but a second later the smoke cleared slightly. In the field in front of my door, there were little kids playing outside, like nothing was wrong. It was nighttime.
Some of the kids looked at me like I was crazy. I ignored their stares and walked onward. I rounded a building and looked into the distance. There it was; a massive blaze lighting half the sky and burning a mixture of houses and trees. As I stared at the fire, it suddenly expanded into the air at a bizzare speed and size. It was reaching the top of the black sky which was now turning orange, hundreds of feet high. But I just kept staring. Somehow, I felt at peace.

Then I woke up.

I was at first unsure of how this dream came to be, but I'm starting to figure it out. Since Pink Bean is one of the hardest bosses in MapleStory, it makes him impossible to face alone. I don't think the boss had anything to do with the game though. Perhaps it meant that I'm trying to tackle situations that are almost impossible with little or no help. Plus, I almost never give up on a challenge. I tend to hear a lot of things from my family and other people I know. Sometimes hearing things leads me in a certain direction. Those crazy kids at night during the smoke attack is a reference to the fact that there are a lot of little kids running around without supervision, no matter what kind of day it is. As a matter of fact, little elementary kids like to follow me around and bother me often. I believe that there are a few possibilities for the fire. The fire could be burning bad things away with a vengeance. Or the fire could be a bad thing in itself, but I probably felt peaceful because it wasn't moving or getting any closer. Perhaps it didn't even bother me since the smoke cleared out quickly as soon as I exited the house. Who knows, maybe the smoke was clearing because it was afraid of me. I've always wanted to be the kind of person that when I wake up in the morning, evil says "Oh snap, he's up again."
So there's my dream.

My Steam
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 02:35 AM by scientistB.)
05-03-2012 02:32 AM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

This is a great thread, I hope you'll continue updating it. Your dreams are far more interesting than mine. I might be starting my own dream log, however I don't dream often. Anyway, keep up the good work!

The best bloody cover song I have ever heard in my entire life, period: http://www.youtube.com/user/sbeast64#p/c...yCFuP3rM2w
05-23-2012 02:02 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Thanks. And update it I shall.
Dream Log Entry #6:
Some time ago, I had a dream while I was sleeping at my dad's house. In it, I was driving a scooter (can't remember if it was motorized or not) down a very long road at nighttime. It lasted forever. The road came to no end and there was little light. To the side was an endless oblivion, without any buildings.
When I finally saw a building, I stopped. It was very tall, with pillars made of marble and clear glass windows. Through a window, I saw red carpet, marble floors, and crystal chandeliers. I was almost eager to go inside. But I didn't move as I noticed a wooden sign a few feet away, where it said "TRAP HOTEL" written in blood. Then I realized, it was trying to lure me in with its fanciness. Tired or not, I took hold of my scooter and kept driving.

Then I woke up.

A few hours after having this dream, I had clearly figured it out. My dad's house is very fancy looking with glass statues of grapes (?!) everywhere. It also has many other fancy decorative items which my brothers and I are not allowed to touch. This is where it resembles the Trap Hotel. Every few weeks my dad will say "Hey, I got all your favorite snacks so you can enjoy your time over here." Clearly, he's playing Fishing with me, and the food is the bait. He promises, every time, that we would have a good time over there, when it's a 2-hour drive away and we have to cross through the Everglades to get there. Thing is, I never have a good time over there. His new wife is extremely insecure and paranoid, and her children are brats with no respect for us whatsoever. The endless oblivion in my dream was probably the Everglades, since it stretched as far as my eye could see. Basically, as nice as my dad's house is, there's nothing worth getting over there, and all the "love" in the air is false. Looks can be decieving. Plus, he tends to blame us for everything, and takes delight in calling us names and crushing our mental confidence. It is not a house. It is not a home. It's a museum, where every step you take could break something. I told him about this dream once. He laughed, and said "Aw, get outta here with that. You're so dramatic."
Conclusion: my dad's house is a Trap Hotel.

My Steam
05-23-2012 07:50 PM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Sci's Dream Log

It's been a long time, since my dreams have gotten a little slow and more difficult to understand. But, here's one I had not too long ago.
Dream Log Entry #7:
In my dream, I had woken up and noticed I was in my school hallway. Unusually, there was a gaping hole in the ceiling that looked like it had been burnt or incinerated. The sky was dark, but the sun was out. However, it was because something was blocking the sun, something big. Apparently, planet Mercury had crashed into Earth and was partially crumbled. It looked like the moon, and it had the same broken hole as the Death Star, but my mind told me that it was Mercury.
I got to the roof of the building and the gravity of Mercury was very strong. I found myself floating over to it, along with other Earth objects and people. By the time I landed on the rocky surface of Mercury, there were already people setting up homes and colonizing at some points of the planet. I felt optimistic at starting a new life on another planet, and decided to sleep in one of the many shelters that people had set up for the night. Once I was asleep, though, I was awoken by strange sounds. I exited my Mercurian house and looked around. And all of a sudden, there were massive amounts of Endermen everywhere. That's when I realized, a strong radioactivity on Mercury's surface was mutating the humans into Endermen. However, I was immune to it for some reason. The strange gravity began slowly taking me back to Earth, and as I was dragged away, I saw more and more people becoming Endermen.

Then I woke up.

This dream left me so confused. Even to this day I still can't quite figure it out. Maybe it was a message that I'm strong against what others are not? Well, one thing's for sure; don't go to planet Mercury.
Well, there you have it. Maybe I'll keep this darn thing updated now.

My Steam
11-10-2012 12:43 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I had an odd dream last night. In that dream, I was in my apartment, when my dad suddenly appeared. He fell in through a hole in the roof. We then began talking as though nothing had happend and everythig was normal. This is so strange because my dad died when I was 5, I am 14 now. Oddly enough, I remember him really well. And the buildig I lived in burned down on the devils night halloween fires. Devils night is like a really intense version of mischief night in detroit.
11-11-2012 01:46 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Sci's Dream Log

lol @ sci... that's pretty weird. Like Minecraft was messing with your brain or something...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-12-2012 07:37 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Sci's Dream Log

I dunno... I hadn't played Minecraft for a while before this dream. Maybe three days. xD
Anyway, ahem...

Dream Log Entry #8:
This is a short dream, yet one of the most disturbing I've had for a long time. The dream began with my ignorant 11-year-old brother, rambling on about how he could take on Slenderman, stab him in the back, and all that nooby stuff. He then proceeded to try that out on a zombie, which did in fact kill it. Then, my brother turned and saw Slenderman staring at us. I said "Dude, I wouldn't do that if I were you!" but I couldn't stop him. In a foolish effort, my brother charged straight toward Slenderman with a shout. As he got closer, my vision began to fuzz out, like in Slender (though I've never played it). Right before my brother tackled him, my vision was gone.
When my vision cleared, I was in a building that looked somewhat fancy and there was a long spiraling staircase going down. I was about to head down when I barely caught a glimpse of running feet up the steps. Each time I saw them, my vision fuzzed out for half a second. When the figures were finally visible, I could see them in perfect detail; they were children, perhaps eight or nine years old, and there were two of them; a boy and a girl. Their faces, however, were so dreadful that I still have that image in my head; they had no eyes, and blood was pouring down their faces from their empty black eye sockets. Even worse, they had mangled, toothy smiles that were soaked with blood and their teeth looked rotten. As they ran closer to me, my vision fuzzed out more and more.
Right before they were in my face, I went blind.

Then I woke up.

...I am speechless. There is no life story behind this dream, I'm sure of it. I think Slenderman actually messed with my brain last night. Nothing in my life could have possibly lead to a dream with Slenderman or those kids. The only logical thing, in fact, is that my brother does senseless things to get me into trouble, even in dreams apparently!
Well, that's all, folks. 'Till next time.

My Steam
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2012 12:33 PM by scientistB.)
11-14-2012 12:30 PM
 Thanks given by: McGee!
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Sci's Dream Log

... that's freaky. >_>

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-15-2012 02:14 AM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

That is a creepy dream.
11-20-2012 11:28 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Meanwhile in the future...

Dream Log Entry #9:
In this dream, I was walking through an endless marble pathway. It was lined with pillars and fancy canopy ceilings, giving a Greek impression. It was the Temple of Time from MapleStory. I was in the flame zone of the temple; the Road to Oblivion.
As I continued to walk the path, I noticed it was going on forever. The walkway was perhaps fifteen feet wide, and on either side was a complete dropoff; the sky was below it. In the distance I could see other buildings and pathways of the temple floating in the clouds.
Soon, however, I noticed the sky was getting increasingly redder with a dash of purple. Red clouds began to cover the sides of the walkway, and even the path far ahead, limiting my vision. I could no longer see the sky, but I could hear thunder, and I also caught the vague flash of lightning far within the red clouds. It was then that the music of the Road to Oblivion began to play; a suspenseful piano beginning, suddenly followed by the loud chiming of church bells. But then it reached the part where the music sounded lighter and almost hopeful. The path was getting dangerous, but I was getting braver. I was not afraid of the unknown or what was ahead; I trudged on.
I never stopped walking the entire time.

Then I woke up.

The Road to Oblivion is a sacred area in the game; only extremely high-leveled people can enter it. In this area are extremely powerful enemies called Oblivion Guardians, who expel red smoke from their armor. I think the presence of red clouds meant that a guardian was watching me, whether it be good or bad. I think back to my first dream log entry with the apocalyptic maroon sky. That stood for my current position in life. Maybe the sky becoming more violent in this dream meant the same thing. Life is constantly increasing in difficulty, but I refuse to step down from a conflict. I do not fear the unknown and tackle all of life's problems head-on, because I know that soon, like in the song, things are going to lighten up and peace will return. The moment I stop walking, I am defeated.
So don't ever stop walking, Comrades.

My Steam
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013 04:55 PM by scientistB.)
03-24-2013 04:54 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Sci's Dream Log

I guess someone hasn't been dreaming for the past months?

Interestingly strange stuff here...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
03-24-2013 06:15 PM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Sci's Dream Log

I dream every night; only, I write down the dreams I can remember most clearly or they won't make much sense.

My Steam
03-24-2013 10:35 PM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Sci's Dream Log

Allow me to write this dream down before I forget.

Dream Log Entry #10:
This dream was based off of Terraria, which I have been kind of addicted to for the past while. In the dream, I wanted to go to New York. So, I was using some of my Terrarian tools to assist me, which were the Ice Rod and the Spectre Boots. The Ice Rod is used to create platforms of ice in the air, while the Spectre Boots allow you to hover in the air for a short time. For no good reason, I wanted to go to New York by creating an ice platform high up in the air (like thousands of feet in altitude) and hovering over to it. After I landed on it, I created another ice platform, hovered over to it, and repeat. I've no idea why I didn't just travel by land. But I do not question dreams as I have them. In my waking life, when I played Terraria the day before, I would use this Ice Rod technique in order to look for floating islands. But a Wyvern swooped in out of nowhere and knocked me off the platform.
Now in the dream, I noticed that the sun never set. From where I live, New York is between one and two hours away by plane. But going so slowly by using ice platforms and hover boots... that would take forever. But, the sky was always bright and clear in the dream. The ever-going clouds never seemed to end, and I was just making and using platforms for what seemed like an endless eternity. The odd thing is that the whole time I wasn't afraid of being so high up. Normally, I'm very scared of heights. But, after what seemed like forever, the clouds cleared and I could see the beautiful skyscrapers of New York City. I was anxious to see the city in all its glory. But, right before I had made it, the worst thing happened; I slipped, and plummeted thousands of feet down to the ground. I remember crashing into a sidewalk on my back, and I felt an extremely violent vibration. Time froze. As I looked around, very slowly though, I could see people walking along the roads between the massive buildings. But, they were all frozen. Nothing was moving. Slowly, I felt my ribs; they were as rough as the very concrete I had smashed into. More than anything, I was dying; I could feel it. I would have expected to die instantly upon impact, but somehow I was slowly slipping away instead. I began to lose feeling in my hands, and they spread open and began to shake as they moved away from my stone ribs. Eventually, I couldn't feel anything as the life drained away from me. In the center of my vision, I could see the Terrarian words:
"You were slain..."
And my vision blurred out for a while. Then, all of a sudden, I found myself lying in my bed. But that night, I was sleeping at my grandmother's house so I knew I was still in my dream. But, all I did after lying down in my bed, was look around. Nothing else happened.
Then I woke up.
I've never had a kind of dream where I actually experience death. But what I know is that I felt very sad to know that this was the end of the line, that this was where my life ends. But on the other hand, as twisted as it is, I kind of welcomed it. As tough as life is, in the back of my head I know that if I ever died, it honestly wouldn't be that bad. I don't fear death; only the pain that comes before it. I mean, I've already dealt with all kinds of awful pain in life. I'm in no mood for more. I think this dream embodies the fear of coming so far, just to fail epically in the very end. That is one of my fears, and I'm constantly thinking about it all the time. I guess, somehow my mind knew how to blend that with Terraria so that I would understand it better. And when I died, and I guess you could say I "respawned" in my bedroom, It was like I was starting over. Anything can take me back to square one, so when that happens, I just need to keep going. Eventually, I will reach New York.
All I have left to say to my friends here is this; Keep your eyes on the goal and focus. You'll never know when a random disruption can knock you off balance.

My Steam
09-01-2013 04:19 PM
l1qu1d Offline
Renegade

Given 19 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Sci's Dream Log

I once had a dream that I attended Hogwarts with my friends and then we were in class learning how to disassemble a bunny rabbit (I really don't know XD) and then there was some thunder and we all looked out the window and there were a bunch of witches in broom sticks and shit taking pictures of us with Nikon's, I don't remember the rest XD

"We are like little butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever." - Cosmos, Carl Sagan
09-02-2013 08:36 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Dream Log Entry #11:
This is one of the shortest dreams that I can remember in detail. It probably only lasted a minute or so, and I had it just the other day. Anyway, in this dream I was swimming in a pool. The sky was very bright and sunny. The water was the clearest it could be. Then, I guess, a random bad thought entered my head, of all things. And suddenly, I found myself paralyzed, unable to swim any more. I tried as hard as I could to move my frozen arms, but it was like I was a log, unable to move a muscle. Maybe my body was shutting down. My vision grew whiter, but not the kind of white that you get when you're dying or anything. Like, everything that was already bright, like the water, became even brighter. It was like a harsh light was being shined into my face. Finally, I even lost my ability to breathe. My frozen body capsized upside down at the surface of the water, and then sunk down. I drowned.
Then I woke up.
The dream was short because I had fallen asleep in my reclining chair in front of my computer. But it was long enough to shake me awake with its rather frightening ending. It won't take long to decipher it either way. Obviously, things are the way you look at it. It was a positive swim in the beginning. And only when a bad thought entered my head did I suddenly drown. So, negative thoughts will drag you down, quite literally, while positive thoughts will keep you afloat. Think Positive!

My Steam
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 11:55 PM by scientistB.)
12-14-2013 11:54 PM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Dream Log Entry #12:
Last night I had a very interesting dream that made me believe I was climbing out of the underworld.
I remember dwelling deep within a humid jungle that was partially clouded by fog, steam and smoke. Something about it didn't look right. I couldn't see the sky, and the sun wasn't shining. The place was gloomy, as if deep within a huge cave. I was still able to see, but the light was gray and dim.
There were beings living here. Some looked depressed, others satisfied. A group of them were sitting atop a series of giant yellow mushrooms that were bigger than the trees. Above these mushrooms was a faint blue light, with slightly chilled, fresh air coming from it.
I stared up, wondering what could possibly be hidden beyond the point that the beings were guarding. Then, I heard a wisp's voice in my right ear: "Don't you want to know what lies beyond? To escape this prison? Have no fear. You have the power to do anything, so long as you don't give up." I looked up with a motivated look on my face. Then, I ran toward the mushrooms and jumped as high as I could to reach the lowest one. When I climbed atop its head, I ran for the next one, repeating the process of running and jumping across the mushroom tops. The guards immediately began to give chase, but I was too fast for them.
When I reached the tallest mushroom I looked up and saw what was beyond the fog; a massive, seventy-foot wide elevator shaft, lined with artificial blue lights. Without hesitation I jumped at the shaft wall, climbing up the metal bars that lined it. I ascended for what seemed like forever. When I looked down, all I could see was the gray fog that loomed hundreds of feet below. The guards were nowhere in sight.
After a very long time of climbing, the shaft didn't seem to come to an end. Finally, I noticed a very tiny hole in the wall. I held my place with my feet and one hand, and used the other to rip a larger hole in the wall that was just big enough to climb through. I was in a very dark space, but from here, it was easier and safer to continue my ascent without the risk of falling.
At last I came to a place where the ceiling was visible, and there was a faint yellow light glowing around it. With my remaining strength I burst through it, popping out on the other side. I had come up into a beautiful, large white house. I looked around and noticed that nobody was here. But by the looks of the food in the kitchen, someone was living here. I turned to the pantry and immediately began gorging myself with cookies. As I did so, the front door opened and a family walked in; they were two boys and their parents. I went and hid behind a wall; but before they could find me, a huge flow of water gushed out of the hole to the underworld like a geyser. It flooded the entire house, the volume of water increasing to that of a tsunami. I was swept away by the flood, which carried me out the door and into the bright shining sun. I did not try to swim against it; instead, I sat there atop the waves as the water flowed off a cliff, dropping me into a vast blue ocean.
Then I woke up.

I'm happy to have had this dream because I haven't had one like it in a while. Do you ever have a time when you feel like you need to climb out of a deep hole and escape your demons? The climb is long, and it's difficult. But if you have the courage to make it up, you will find happiness in the ocean of peace. Whatever you left behind will be but a washed up memory.
When you're at rock bottom, the only way you can go is up.
Have you begun your ascension?

My Steam
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 10:53 AM by scientistB.)
10-04-2014 10:40 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Sci's Dream Log

That's a good way of putting it, actually - there's no lower than rock bottom, so might as well climb, right?

On a less related note, welcome back!

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 11:00 AM by Ky.)
10-04-2014 11:00 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

(10-04-2014 11:00 AM)DoA Wrote:  That's a good way of putting it, actually - there's no lower than rock bottom, so might as well climb, right?

On a less related note, welcome back!

Indeed. And thank you. Life's been busy. I'm always on IRC though.

My Steam
10-04-2014 11:02 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Dream Log Entry #13:

I had a dream shortly after going to bed as the run rose. I was on vacation to New York City again. I entered a fairly tall building, but for what reason I didn't know. I just felt drawn there.

There was a lady who came up to me and asked me to fetch something from a high floor. I didn't recognize her. I agreed, walking up the stairs through the floors instead of taking the elevator, which, if I recall correctly, was broken. As I was passing through the floors, however, I noticed that many rooms contained computer and TV screens that showed memories, events, and struggles of the past in my life. I also saw people I knew from those times, which were going in ascending order, the more recent ones being on higher floors.

As I was nearing my destination, I stopped and smelled smoke. Then I realized, I had been set up; there was fire coming from the floors below. Whoever did this had been intending to trap me into a fiery grave.

I looked down and noticed that there was no way out. I had to keep going up. I tried to talk to the people around me, but nobody could see me. As if they were all frozen in time. I began to run up the stairs as fast as I could, finally reaching the roof. I looked around again, and realized I had driven myself into a corner. There was no escape.

I was sitting there, staring at the night sky, as the orange glow of the flames kept getting brighter and closer. I started to cry. All I could think about were my friends, all the wonderful people I had met. How much I would miss them when I'm dead. How much they would miss me. I didn't want to let them down like this.

I turned and saw that the fire was creeping onto the roof at a steady rate. I could feel the searing heat it gave off. I took a few steps forward to the edge of the tower; I looked down. I thought about jumping.

My mind began to play tricks on me; The ground is right there... it's only one floor... or two... or thirty.

I stepped away. It can't end this way. It won't end this way.

But out of scenic nowhere, a stroke of common sense hit me. I still had my phone. I felt for it in my pocket, took it out immediately and called 911. They answered very quickly, but for my impending doom it felt like minutes. Which felt like hours.
I told them everything, as well as the buildings around me to help them get an idea of where I was. When that was over, I sat down and started shaking. Would they be here on time? How many times would I rely on someone to be on time and they never made it?

Looking to my side, I noticed that my brother was there with me. I'll never know why my dream put him here, as there was no reason for it. He seemed scared though, from what I could tell.

But at last there was a blinding light in the sky as I heard the roar of helicopter propellers. Help was finally here. The helicopter hovered over the building, lending down the rope that would pull you up. Only one of us could go at a time; for some reason, I let my brother go first. Then, I climbed up quickly after, as the crew hoisted me up to safety and began to fly off.

The brightness from the flames were gone and the noise had died down, replaced with the pitch-blackness of the helicopter interior and the calm humming of propellers. I could breathe fresh air again. I sat down and hugged my knees, burying my face in them, unable to realize what just happened.
I was given a second chance.

And I was going to use it.

Then I woke up.

This dream holds a lot of meaning to me; it's one of the best and most important ones I've had in a long time. Mainly because the building is completely loaded with symbolism. The screens and people are self-explanatory. The tower represents the progress in my life. I don't quite know if it was the woman who started the fire, or if it was someone else. Either way, someone who I had let into my life was trying to sabotage me. Perhaps I hadn't known them for more than a few months. No one knows.

The plan just about worked; I was stranded atop a flaming tower with nowhere to go, nowhere to run. It reminds me that, even in my final moments, I don't always think about myself. I love my friends, every last one of them; I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I feel like I've had a dream before where there was a "bad ending" of this situation; this would be me giving in to my mind and taking the jump. Of course, if you wait out the danger a little more, you just might find the way out. The good way.
My phone was my savior. From now on, I'm always keeping my phone within seven feet of me in real life.

I still don't get why my brother appeared out of nowhere. Maybe the dream used him as an example; I want to make sure people are okay before I take care of myself.

The sudden silence and comfort of the helicopter reminds me of those points in life where you make it out of a terrible ordeal, being taken to somewhere beautiful. It's in those moments where I'm most thankful for everything I have.

As well, when it's all over, when the dust settles, I forgive people. No matter how angry I am, no matter how hurt, burned or broken, no matter how much I don't want to be nice and forgive... I forgive. It's the way I'm built. It's who I am.

My Steam
11-07-2014 02:32 PM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Dream Log Entry #14:

I had a dream that began with me standing on a pier above the shallow waves of a bright beach. Ahead of me was a purple wooden bridge that led into a large purple house. I could tell by the looks of it, that it wasn't inhabited, and that it was haunted. I could've stayed back and enjoyed a nice day at the beach, but instead I chose to walk inside, for reasons unknown.

Of course, the interior was dark. The floor, however, seemed to barely glow between hues of purple and green. As I continued, things started to look strange and out of place. There were walls in places where they shouldn't be; doors that led to nowhere. The floor had turned to carpet, and there were random swirly lines made of yellow, green and red, which gave off a faint glow. Neon lights remained on above the improperly shaped doorways; they were different colors, but their shine was purple like an ultraviolet light, causing the floor and parts of the wall to turn purple as well. White railings lined the space between the walls and ceiling, as well as the edges of the floor.

I wasn't sure if anything I was seeing was real. Pieces of furniture, such as sofas and desks, were starting to distort, bobbing up and down like they were in a cartoon. Eventually the entire place was beginning to spin and warp, disfiguring everything around me. I crouched to the floor and tried to get my bearings. I could not; my vision was deteriorating. I clumsily opened a purple drawer and fumbled my hand inside it, pulling out a protein shake of all things. I opened the small carton and began to drink it, and immediately I could feel my senses returning to me, and my vision clearing up just a bit. These are what I needed; protein shakes. I made my way to the kitchen and searched the cabinets, finding more protein shakes. Each time I took a sip, the room began to calm down gradually.

If I didn't have my protein shakes, I would go insane. I couldn't let the house take me. With one shake in each hand, and more in my pockets, I continued forward, deeper into the house.

Then I woke up.

There's no real plot to this dream, it seems. I mean, why would I go somewhere dangerous when I could stick around and enjoy the ocean? Who knows; maybe there was something important that I had to accomplish in there, but it was never clearly stated.

In real life, I love protein shakes. Vanilla ones, to be exact. I drink one every day, and I can never get enough. It gives me the strength I need to get through my day, and it's no surprise that I found them in my dream to keep my sanity intact while I was inside that house.

But I found it peculiar that I knew where all the shakes were. That could only mean that I've been in this place before. The house did not resemble any house that I've ever been in, yet I walked around like I knew the place. This means that I was going in to find something, but whatever it was, I never figured it out.

Very interesting.

My Steam
04-07-2015 06:06 AM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

That shows how important protein shakes are. :]

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
04-11-2015 05:06 AM