RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check this conversation out.
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
Check this conversation out.

19 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
it usual to hate school?

18 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
What do you mean?

18 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
its usual for ppl to hate school
o-o

18 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
Are you asking for American's?

17 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
nooo
just in general
young ppl usually don't like school

17 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
I mean, yeah, a lot of us hate school. What the fuck are they thinking, forcing a bunch on teenagers in to a room and being lectured about useless subjects, which may I add, will not help us in out future lives?

16 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
It will?

16 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
And then the fucker school officials get butt hurt when teens rebel or question the teachers because they also know it's useless.

16 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
It ggives you knowledge ^^
and knowledge gives you oppitunities
and a bright future^^
more you learn the more you get to chose from ^^
over here its pretty much us students who make the rules ^^ no teacher can really tell us what to do ^^
We can walk out of class pretty much whenever without no one saying anything
we even get payed to go to school sooo

14 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
Knowledge on WHAT? Noone fucking cares about the shit they teach. Noones ever going to use Biology in their daily lives. We can learn the same shit the teachers teach on the internet at home. And more. We can learn things that can help US for OUR career choice in the future on our own time. Not being FORCED into a fucking room and being "taught" something, then having to do 100 fucking assignments then taking a dumbass test on it. That's brainwashing. You're not "learning" anything, you're just memorizing it. Then you will forget most of the shit when you grow up because it is useless material to know.
And here, we don't get paid to go to school. They say it's a "Right" ro go, but if we don't go, your parents get fined and the student's get taken to juvenile if you miss too many days. Now how is THAT freedom?

12 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
wth

12 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
School's wrecked the name of learning and our violating our constitution. Our rights to freedom of speech and our freedom to express our self.
Are~

12 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
knowledge gives you good things.. IF you for example want to be a doctor you need to know stuff like biology and stuff
if you want a fine carreer and dont want to be like a stupid person then you study
and we do get paid for school
we get free food to
and free other stuff

11 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
Yeah. IF you want to be a doctor. They should not MAKE student's take Biology if they are not going to use it. I agree, if you want to be a doctor then take biology, but if you don't, you shouldn't be forced to.

11 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
every studying person in sweden gets paid every month
over here you get to chose in your last years what you want to do
but its good to know abit of everything you know ^^

10 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
Here we have to take whatever the fuck they make us.

10 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
ah

10 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
And we don't even get paid.

10 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
well we have some basic subjects we have to take
like swedish, english, math and uhh
yeah those

9 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
We learned all the basic subjects we need to know when we were in Elemenary school. Reading, writing, math and English. Now they are just making us do things. They are practically wasting our childhood and teen lives.
To get "ready" for the future. But they have no fucking clue what the future holds.

8 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
duh -.- im not talking about THOSE basic ubjects

7 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
you making yourself seem stupid by saying all this... like.. cmon.. theres NO LOGIC in most things you say.. OF COURSE you have to fucking study to come somewhere!!! how else would the society look like if you didnt study?!?!?! they would pick random ppl for every fucking job!! it wouldnt work!

7 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
I dare you to go to forums.school-survival.net and post what you are saying to me in the school venting section and see how many angry replies you get. I want to see it.

6 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
Lol no thank you

6 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
Do it

oh ffs shut up

6 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
I want to see
And a lot of people will tell you other things about schooling.

go shove a plug in your ass and come back when you have something less shitty to say

5 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
See? Because you know I'm right. You don't want to face the fact that schooling is useless. You don't want to face the fact. You just want to believe what you want to believe because you are being small-minded.

4 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
Your not fucking right GAH

4 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
Then I dare you to post a forum and tell everyone what YOU believe.

3 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
now tell me how school is bad?!?! hm? tell me. And don't use your lazy point of view just because you're crying because you got fucking told off because you skipped school.. Don't be so fucking lazy
take your thumb out of your ass
School is important
You know

3 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
See? You didn't even look at the valid facts I put.
I'm posting this on the forums when we are done and I want to see how many replies I get. LOL.

2 minutes agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
there is countries without school.. well.. or just school only for guys or simular..
its not a good system to not have school

2 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
And it's not a good system to be forced into school

school is one of the most important things in our sociaty
Your not?
you can quit?

2 minutes agoJulians S Thomase
Yeah? Well tell me this, tell me why we can learn the same things AND more on the computer?

go on and quit school
why dont you
jump of school

about a minute agoJulians S Thomase
Tell me why school gives us pointless work?

about a minute agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
see what happens to your shitty life

This conversation is over. This is going on forums.

Because why would you learn stuff we get taught in school on computers?
you might not even KNOW about half the things

I'm putting your facebook in it too.
_>

and math?
how about math?
your not

Who needs math?
already learned the basic stuff.

a few seconds agoAmanda Dãíshì Örïgömìì
omfg!
your so fucking stupid
never talk to me the fuck again

a few seconds agoJulians S Thomase
We already learned how to add, multiply, divide and subtract. The Algebra is just useless

im blocking you

a few seconds agoJulians S Thomase
Go ahead

bye
hope you jump off school and fail your pathetic life

03-02-2012 08:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

RE: Check this conversation out.

I think I did a good job. She is in High School and lives in Sweden.

03-02-2012 08:43 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

lol, another hot-headed average person that thinks "LOL SCHOOL IS GOOD FOR YOU CUZ PEOPLE SAY I'TS SO LOL"

And we don't want this fucker near our forums. If he ever comes here, he's gonna get laughed out of here.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 08:45 AM by Luizao876.)
03-02-2012 08:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Teini Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

School is so important you know ^^ it's so great ^^ rainbows ^^ forever! ^^
I was just wondering what the fuck was up with all the ^^'s at one point in the conversation. And damn. She raged hard. Seemed like she had a pretty close-minded point of view about what you were discussing. Like "NO I DO SCHOOL ^^ IT'S IMPORTANT IF IT WASN'T SOCIETY WOULD BE RUINED ^^ (implying society Isn't already royally fucked) YOU'RE WRONG!!! ^^ STUPID GET OUT OMG!!!!!!! ^^"
Can't really blame her for thinking that way, though. What else would you expect from a generally brainwashed person? It's a tough pill to swallow when you realize all the time youre forced to spend in school is generally counterproductive, not entirely beneficial to you, and rendered mostly useless in the real world. Its scary for them to even ponder the possibility of school being a load of shit. People would rather keep believing that they're doing something that's worth all the painful shit you have to go through. Anyone that threatens that comforting bubble of ignorance must be swiftly dismissed and removed from their thoughts.
Ignorance is bliss.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 10:51 AM by Teini.)
03-02-2012 08:51 AM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Agreed. Even though she lives in a different country and our schooling is different, it is still the same overall. And I think the points I have made were good ones. But she wouldn't look at it from my point of view.

03-02-2012 09:33 AM
..V.. Offline
Party Rebel

Agreed. Even though she lives in a different country and our schooling is different, it is still the same overall. And I think the points I have made were good ones. But she wouldn't look at it from my point of view.

03-02-2012 09:33 AM
Teini Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

She might live in a different country, but her response was exactly like one you would expect of someone in the states. Which I was surprised to see, actually. Surprised, but also disappointed as well.
And damn. Typing on the phone is hard. I keep catching spelling mistakes in my posts lol
03-02-2012 10:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A serious conversation, a real look, CivikDamascus 6 3,838 01-20-2014 04:12 PM
Last Post: Rusty Shackleford
  Check This Out Asder Miller The Second 3 2,732 01-27-2013 05:17 AM
Last Post: IamNoone
  Interesting Conversation. Absnt 11 3,169 02-12-2010 10:59 AM
Last Post: aerftghyjk
  Conversation with linki Reptorian 1 1,326 11-14-2009 12:48 PM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath
  Conversation with Anonymous Milk2Go 7 2,919 11-21-2008 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sunbourn
  Conversation i've had with my mother analogue 10 2,825 10-08-2008 11:47 AM
Last Post: 6moredetentions