RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons to pull US out of government schools (heres 11)
Avi-Bird Offline
World Changer

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Reasons to pull US out of government schools (heres 11)

http://www.infowars.com/11-reasons-to-ge...t-schools/ I dont agree fully with number 7 as being somewhat more open to sex and sexual stuff is a great thing. Like it shocks me to find that no one is as open about talking about sex and kinky stuff other than myself...its like some people are afraid..but number 11....great point, hands down. Thoughts? Any other reasons to pull us out?
03-01-2012 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
RE: Reasons to pull US out of government schools (heres 11)

I wish all parents would read this, but alot of parents don't even go on the internet, and even less look up articles......
03-01-2012 10:42 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Wow, so that kid's lunch had meat, cheese, grain, and THREE fruits/vegetables. So that's what disqualified it.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
03-02-2012 02:51 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Reason 7 just makes this retarded.
SCHOOLS ARE MAKING KIDS KNOW WHAT SEX IS
OH GOD THE HORROR

No, this is Patrick.
03-02-2012 03:03 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

#6 pisses me off. There is no evidence that vaccines are dangerous or do anything other than confer immunity like thery're intended to do. People who honestly think vaccines are harmful have never seen the effects of the diseases they fight against. I have. My great uncle (grandmothers brother) suffered brain damage from measles in the late 1920's. He was born a normal boy but lived his entire life with the intellect of a four year old because the measles literally fried his brain.
03-02-2012 03:08 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(03-02-2012 03:08 PM)Aya Wrote:  #6 pisses me off. There is no evidence that vaccines are dangerous or do anything other than confer immunity like thery're intended to do. People who honestly think vaccines are harmful have never seen the effects of the diseases they fight against. I have. My great uncle (grandmothers brother) suffered brain damage from measles in the late 1920's. He was born a normal boy but lived his entire life with the intellect of a four year old because the measles literally fried his brain.

This. While I DO think it is important that parents look into every vaccine they give their child, most have such low chances of negative side effects that the risk of disease is worse.

Also the sex one (#7) is stupid and reflective of very anti-sex attitudes. IF there is a problem it is that the information kids get about sex from other kids is second hand and often wrong or ridiculous.

When my kid asks me "what's sex?" I am gonna just tell them what it is. It really isn't a big deal.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
03-02-2012 03:56 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(03-02-2012 03:08 PM)Aya Wrote:  #6 pisses me off. There is no evidence that vaccines are dangerous or do anything other than confer immunity like thery're intended to do.

Uh, what. It's undisputed fact that a small percentage of people get sick from vaccines. Medicines have risks and side-effects. 2 people have died from the meningitis vaccine that's now being "required" for college students.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-02-2012 04:17 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

A minuscule percentage have an allergic reaction to vaccines. Most of the time it's a low grade fever or swelling at the injection site. Tetanus shots are particularly bad. Almost everyone gets inflammation. That doesn't negate the extreme benefit of having them for the general public. And it certainly doesn't give credence to any of the debunked beliefs out there about vaccines.

(03-02-2012 04:17 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  2 people have died from the meningitis vaccine that's now being "required" for college students.

Holy shit 2 people. Do you know how many people have died from meningitis? Or how many have lost limbs or suffered brain damage from it? I'll take my chances.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 04:30 PM by Aya.)
03-02-2012 04:22 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

You should be given vaccine if you want it.

No, this is Patrick.
03-02-2012 04:24 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Folks, this is infowars. Keep in mind this is Alex Jones TRUST NO1 stuff and he thinks there is some big conspiracy behind vaccines.

That being said, I still agree with number 6. Because vaccines will make everyone sick????? NO. Because you should still have a right not to take them if you don't want to.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
03-02-2012 04:40 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(03-02-2012 04:22 PM)Aya Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 04:17 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  2 people have died from the meningitis vaccine that's now being "required" for college students.

Holy shit 2 people. Do you know how many people have died from meningitis? Or how many have lost limbs or suffered brain damage from it? I'll take my chances.

You can decide for yourself to do that. But you can't decide for someone else. And also, some people are not even at high risk for getting meningitis, which means that the vaccine is more dangerous to them than "taking their chances" with meningitis.

Also, sometimes a vaccine can give you the disease it was supposed to prevent.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-02-2012 05:03 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

^ do you have proof of those claim or is this going to be another one of those threads where you continually spout bullshit that I beat back with the logic stick?

Also those who are not at high risk of contracting vaccinatable diseases can thank vaccines for that luxury.
03-02-2012 11:29 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

(03-02-2012 04:40 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  Folks, this is infowars. Keep in mind this is Alex Jones TRUST NO1 stuff and he thinks there is some big conspiracy behind vaccines.

The original article was actually made here: http://endoftheamericandream.com/archive...nt-schools

Previously known as Derchin.
03-02-2012 11:50 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

I don't get the sex problem. Without school I'd have no bitches.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
03-03-2012 10:03 PM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Nice article, though I would have to disagree on the sex issue. People are still scared of sex because it was a taboo for centuries, and the thought that sex is bad literally seems to be integrated into the human psyche. But sex is actually only another part of the circle of life. Why people try to discourage it, I have no idea.

The best bloody cover song I have ever heard in my entire life, period: http://www.youtube.com/user/sbeast64#p/c...yCFuP3rM2w
03-04-2012 03:13 AM
Avi-Bird Offline
World Changer

(03-02-2012 03:08 PM)Aya Wrote:  #6 pisses me off. There is no evidence that vaccines are dangerous or do anything other than confer immunity like thery're intended to do. People who honestly think vaccines are harmful have never seen the effects of the diseases they fight against. I have. My great uncle (grandmothers brother) suffered brain damage from measles in the late 1920's. He was born a normal boy but lived his entire life with the intellect of a four year old because the measles literally fried his brain.

a vaccine i believe made me stutter. now i have no proof. but i cant seem to put my finger on it..as to why i now occasionally stutter...idk..vaccines are just bad...theres natural alternatives.
03-04-2012 12:06 PM
Avi-Bird Offline
World Changer

(03-04-2012 03:13 AM)The Shadowman Wrote:  Nice article, though I would have to disagree on the sex issue. People are still scared of sex because it was a taboo for centuries, and the thought that sex is bad literally seems to be integrated into the human psyche. But sex is actually only another part of the circle of life. Why people try to discourage it, I have no idea.

sex, normal or kinky, is only natural to me..
03-04-2012 12:07 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

(03-04-2012 12:06 PM)Avi-Bird Wrote:  a vaccine i believe made me stutter. now i have no proof.
Then why would you claim that?

Quote:but i cant seem to put my finger on it..as to why i now occasionally stutter...

Everyone stutters occasionally. It means you're nervous, confused, surprised or you're trying to express a complex thought that you've never expressed before. The art of clear and persuasive speaking is known as rhetoric; It takes years of practice to master and unfortunately is just not something that is taught much anymore.

Quote:idk..vaccines are just bad...theres natural alternatives.

You're an idiot. The only alternative to vaccine conferred immunity is infection conferred immunity, which carries the risk of being crippled, brain damaged or killed. There is no such thing as a natural alternative to vaccines.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 01:29 PM by Aya.)
03-04-2012 01:28 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(03-02-2012 11:29 PM)Aya Wrote:  Also those who are not at high risk of contracting vaccinatable diseases can thank vaccines for that luxury.

I don't believe that that's the case for all such diseases. But the ones it is true for: Yeah, so?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-04-2012 05:02 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

(03-04-2012 05:02 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 11:29 PM)Aya Wrote:  Also those who are not at high risk of contracting vaccinatable diseases can thank vaccines for that luxury.
I don't believe that that's the case for all such diseases. But the ones it is true for: Yeah, so?

[Image: facepalm.jpg]

lt is true with all diseases. It's called herd immunity, look it up. Even with advancements in medicine and hygiene children still died from these diseases and vaccines were still necessary. Once vaccine programs were put in place and herd immunity was established it became possible for individuals in a community to go without a vaccine without much danger. The problem is that herd immunity requires a certain percentage of people to be vaccinated, usually around 85% If the vaccinated population drops below that point outbreaks can occur again. That's why the Amish out in Minnesota have had issues with polio in recent years, and incidents of measles in the UK have jumped this past decade.

Anyone who really thinks vaccines are dangerous after all the evidence to the contrary is an ungrateful moron.

Btw: my grandfather caught polio in the late 30s. it fucked up the nerves on the left side of his body. He walked with a limp the rest of his life. He was 19.
03-04-2012 05:26 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Pointless vaccines to me are the chicken pox (unless you are an adult who never had chicken pox), flu shots (unless the person is constantly getting the flu).... most others are fine. The benefit far outweighs the risk.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
03-04-2012 07:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do many private schools resemble public schools? dreamer... 5 3,831 08-02-2008 02:42 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Heres an intersting article "Why George lost his curiosity" The Apathy 3 2,232 03-15-2008 05:08 AM
Last Post: Alway