RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe I may be a psychopath
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
I believe I may be a psychopath

This is NOT an attention thread. I have seen the psychopathy/sociopathy attention threads and this is not one of them. I simply want some input from others. Whether or not I am a sociopath/psychopath has no effect on my life, because if I am there's nothing I can do about it. If I'm not, great. I think either way I'm doing okay in life.
Anyway, I was just browsing the internet when I stumbled on a website about psychopaths. There was a quiz and a lot of the answers were obvious (this one means you're a psychopath, this one means your normal, etc) and a lot of the ones that a "psychopath" would choose are just common things to me.

I don't really lie that much, but I think I have the potential to. Looking someone straight in the eye and telling them something completely untrue just comes naturally. I actually thought it was this easy for everyone but I've recently learned some people are actually bad at lying. I thought the only time that happened was on TV. All you have to do is look and speak, keep your tone normal, make it convincing. Once again, I don't lie often, but if I need something and lying will make it happen, it comes easily.

Guilt/emotions. The only time I've ever really felt guilt is if what I did could haunt me in the future. For example, my mom always bitches and nags about me going to her house. I don't know why because I just stay in my room the whole time but that's beside the point. My mom has attempted suicide a few times and has bipolar and probably other things she hasn't told me about. Whenever I say I don't want to go and she acts distraught and devastated (not exaggerating) it will kind of nag at me in the back of the head. What if she kills herself because she thinks I hate her? I think of all the shit that could happen then. Investigations, I could actually be a suspect because I have motives, I wouldn't have anywhere to go if things got bad in the neighborhood I'm in, etc.

Manipulating people. I do it a lot. I really don't know what else to say about it. I can't really think of a specific example, but just take my word for it I can lie and make people think things to get what I want. This isn't really the same as lying though. I don't know, fuck it I'm just going to move on now

Killing. I can't say that I've ever killed someone so I won't pretend that I have. And I also won't pretend that I think about killing all the time because I don't. But I think if I had to, I could do it easily. I wouldn't do it because it's so easy to get caught killing someone, but if I had the opportunity to kill someone I already want to see dead and not get caught, I would do it. But having an opportunity to kill someone and having no chance of getting caught doesn't really happen.

I'd like input from people that actually know what they're talking about. Ask my questions and I will answer as honestly as I can. There's no reason to lie on the internet.

inb4 everyone on the forums thinks I'm making this thread for attention or I'm a sociopath I'm so hip

No, this is Patrick.
02-29-2012 08:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)
RE: I believe I may be a psychopath

Nah you're normal.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
02-29-2012 08:48 PM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

My Psych teacher gave us an example of what a psychopath would probably do if given the chance; He explained that if you gave a psychopath some sharp object and asked them to stab your hand, they would be able to do it without thinking twice, as if it was just any other command. Would you be able to do something like that, or would you pause and think, maybe wondering "Wouldn't that hurt?" ?

Being manipulative is a big part of it, but I don't think even the best manipulators are all psychopaths. My Psych teacher admitted he takes advantage of people as often as he can for his own gain.

And saying you could kill someone is probably much different than actually doing it. If you killed someone (especially up close, using something like a knife or your own bare hands) and if it gave you very little, if any, of an emotional response, then that could be a huge sign of psychopathy (I would think, I'm no expert, just basing this off what my Psych instructor has told me). But of course you wont 100% know how you'll react until after you complete the act. Soldiers have gone into battle wanting the blood of their enemies, leaving with memories of their killings haunting the rest of their lives.

And again I'm no expert, just giving my input.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 08:55 PM by Wingless.)
02-29-2012 08:53 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(02-29-2012 08:48 PM)Efs Wrote:  Nah you're normal.

Wow great response I really got the input I was looking for from your answer.

I thought I was normal but if the symptoms mean anything I'm not normal.

Emotional/Interpersonal aspect includes: Glib and superficial; Egocentric and grandiose; Lack of remorse or guilt; Lack of empathy; Deceitful and manipulative; Shallow emotions. The Social Deviance aspect includes: Impulsive; Poor behavior controls; Need for excitement; Lack of responsibility; Early behavior problems; Adult antisocial behavior.

I'm not an adult yet so I don't know about the last one but I fit every single other characteristic.

But maybe everyone else does too. See this is why I'm looking for input, not just NORMAL or HOLY SHIT BRO YOU'RE FUCKED

No, this is Patrick.
02-29-2012 08:53 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(02-29-2012 08:53 PM)Wingless Wrote:  My Psych teacher gave us an example of what a psychopath would probably do; He explained that if you gave a psychopath some sharp object and asked them to stab your hand, they would be able to do it without thinking twice. Would you be able to do something like that, or would you pause and think, maybe wondering "Wouldn't that hurt?" ?

Being manipulative is a big part of it, but I don't think even the best manipulators are all psychopaths. My Psych teacher admitted he takes advantage of people as often as he can for his own gain.

And saying you could kill someone is probably much different than actually doing it. If you killed someone (especially up close, using something like a knife or your own bare hands) and if it gave you very little, if any, of an emotional response, then that could be a huge sign of psychopathy (I would think, I'm no expert, just basing this off what my Psych instructor has told me). But of course you wont 100% know how you'll react until after you complete the act. Soldiers have gone into battle wanting the blood of their enemies, and leaving with memories of their killings haunting the rest of their lives.

And again I'm no expert, just giving my input.

No. That first sentence is just an example of how people don't know what the fuck they are talking about when it come to this. NO ONE is going to stab their own hand just because someone told them to.

No, this is Patrick.
02-29-2012 08:55 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Triple post sorry but I was just reading and apparently psychopathy is often mistaken for narcissism. If you knew me in real life it would be painfully obvious to you that I have some very narcissistic tendencies and characteristics.

Just thought that was relevant...

No, this is Patrick.
02-29-2012 08:57 PM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

(02-29-2012 08:55 PM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  No. That first sentence is just an example of how people don't know what the fuck they are talking about when it come to this. NO ONE is going to stab their own hand just because someone told them to.

I meant stabbing someone else. Someone else comes up to you, puts their hand down, and asks you to stab their hand.

And this is info from my Psych teacher. I dunno, maybe he did mix up something, but that's just what I remember him telling us.

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 09:00 PM by Wingless.)
02-29-2012 08:59 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

If they asked me to I'd do it and probably enjoy it

And just because he's a teacher doesn't mean anything. Experts on this stuff all have different definitions and it's just really misunderstood. Most things written about sociopaths/psychopaths are written from a victim standpoint.

No, this is Patrick.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 09:02 PM by Stadium.)
02-29-2012 08:59 PM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

(02-29-2012 08:59 PM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  If they asked me to I'd do it and probably enjoy it

And just because he's a teacher doesn't mean anything. Experts on this stuff all have different definitions and it's just really misunderstood. Most things written about sociopaths/psychopaths are written from a victim standpoint.

He has a doctorate in Psychology. I forgot what exact area but he seemed knowledgeable in general and gave many real-world examples to back things up with. I agree though that experts in the field will have many varying opinions because of the vastly varying nature of people in general. A psychopath to one expert may not be a psychopath to another.

If you're willing to inflict pain casually, as well as being manipulative, I would assume you're leaning towards psychopathy just judging from the general symptoms that are associated with it. However, this is something that other people should give their opinions on first.

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 09:26 PM by Wingless.)
02-29-2012 09:22 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

moar input

No, this is Patrick.
02-29-2012 09:26 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

I am offended.
02-29-2012 10:54 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Oh shit we have a guy named psychopath in the thread now
shit just got real

No, this is Patrick.
02-29-2012 10:56 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_...y_disorder

You may be a subtype of Sociopath/Psychopath. They're not all the same.

As for me, I'm nomadic, antisocial, asocial, unempathetic, lack a conscience, and I can't feel guilt, regret, or love.

(also, for a laugh, read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppositiona...t_disorder)

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
03-01-2012 12:27 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

I've already read all of those sociopath. Thanks though for providing a constructive response. Now that I think about it the only emotions I really ever feel are anger and irritability. I hadn't really thought about it before but what is happiness? How would you people define it?

No, this is Patrick.
03-01-2012 12:42 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Happiness is a chemical reaction; the release of stored serotonin and dopamine in the bloodstream brought on by external stimuli. Now all you'd have to do is think what would cause that.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
03-01-2012 12:46 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(03-01-2012 12:46 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  Happiness is a chemical reaction; the release of stored serotonin and dopamine in the bloodstream brought on by external stimuli. Now all you'd have to do is think what would cause that.

I was reading more about psychopaths and what emotions they can feel and one of them is glee. I think I feel that...my main goal is usually to get weed and whenever I do I get kind of excited then just back to where I started.
The more I read the more it resembles myself but I don't want to say I have it because I'm not sure.

No, this is Patrick.
03-01-2012 12:54 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

I've researched this in suspicion with my own psychopathic tendencies. Wingless, from what I've read, sounds about right. Anyway, I'm pretty sure psychologists disagree largely on who can be classified as a psychopath, so it's kind of a gray area. Some insist that only the people who feel nothing when killing and raping and injuring are psychopaths, while others claim it's just the people who don't feel much remorse or empathy. So, in order to solve this, you must compare yourself and then gauge the "amount of psychopathy" you have. That way you can either label yourself as a psychopath or just someone with psychopathic tendencies, like me.

"Experts estimate that 3% of men and 1% of women have anti-social personality disorder, while only 1% of the population is truly psychopathic". So 3/100 men have "psychopathic tendencies" or anti-social personality disorder, like us, while 1/100 people are full on psychopaths. If you have psychopathic tendencies, I'd look into the umbrella term of "Anti social personality disorder", which psychopathy is a sub-type of. Sociopathy is pretty much the same thing as psychopathy, as far as the symptoms are concerned.

My friend comes over and will randomly pick up a belt and whip the shit out of me for no reason, or punch me hard as shit in the leg multiple times, and laugh about it like he just flicked me or something. Shit hurts, so I have to kick his shit to get him to knock it the fuck off. He's what I'd call a mild psychopath. I, on the other hand, don't do that shit because I know it sucks, and honestly, I see no reason to. I definitely have empathy, although only for injury. I don't cry when others do, and I pretty much can't relate to ANYONE who bitches about their day to day problems unless I've already been through those problems, or can relate them to something. The only times I feel empathetic are when something actaully important happened that is actually bad. I remember my one friends dad died, and at the time I didn't even give it a second thought. I guess that's actually important, but whatever. I couldn't relate and didn't give a shit. Meh. I don't think me not giving a fuck causes anyone harm...

Also, mfw everyone thinks psychopathy is cool. It's not. Psychopaths are dick heads. They're the wall-street execs who remorselessly have people killed or that "tough ass" douche who will beat someone to death for making them mad, or the killers who will kill and rape nearly a hundred women just for the hell of it. Psychopaths feel about others how we feel about the trash we just through out. Just something to be used. That puppy being beaten to death? Who cares? That little kid getting run over? Who cares? And then they act like they are completely normal, imitating normal people. You'll have a very hard time spotting a psychopath. They don't act different until they start with their behaviours. All of these things are in more severe cases of psychopathy though...

Also, know the difference between a violent psychopath and a non-violent one. Violent psychopaths will kill and rape and murder without remorse. Non-violent ones will just swindle a grandma out of her life's savings and will have no qualms with stealing from their parents and siblings who are going through a rough patch and need money.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-01-2012 01:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

There are people that'd call me a sick sociopathic, psychopathic, freak. However, I am not and they are. Biggrin

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 08:03 AM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
03-01-2012 08:02 AM
bulgarianlion Offline
Viva la Socialism!

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

(02-29-2012 08:53 PM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  

Emotional/Interpersonal aspect includes: Glib and superficial; Egocentric and grandiose; Lack of remorse or guilt; Lack of empathy; Deceitful and manipulative; Shallow emotions. The Social Deviance aspect includes: Impulsive; Poor behavior controls; Need for excitement; Lack of responsibility; Early behavior problems; Adult antisocial behavior.

I'm not an adult yet so I don't know about the last one but I fit every single other characteristic.

But maybe everyone else does too. See this is why I'm looking for input, not just NORMAL or HOLY SHIT BRO YOU'RE FUCKED

Ur pretty ok, as long as you don't become someone like Sociopath, who is just too narcissistic and grandiose.
03-01-2012 03:34 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(03-01-2012 03:34 PM)bulgvar666 Wrote:  

Ur pretty ok, as long as you don't become someone like Sociopath, who is just too narcissistic and grandiose.

You're just mad. And you don't really mean that, if he turns out to be a psychopath, you'll just get all uppity moralfaggotry and "OMFG I HAET U 4 SUMTHING U CANT CONTROL SIKKO" just like your incessant and misdirected hatred of pedophiles because just like you'll assume all pedo's are rapists so too will you assume all psychopaths/sociopaths are mindless killers.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
03-02-2012 12:14 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

itt self diagnosis
03-02-2012 12:56 AM
bulgarianlion Offline
Viva la Socialism!

(03-02-2012 12:14 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 03:34 PM)bulgvar666 Wrote:  

You're just mad. And you don't really mean that, if he turns out to be a psychopath, you'll just get all uppity moralfaggotry and "OMFG I HAET U 4 SUMTHING U CANT CONTROL SIKKO" just like your incessant and misdirected hatred of pedophiles because just like you'll assume all pedo's are rapists so too will you assume all psychopaths/sociopaths are mindless killers.

It's a mental condition for a reason, idiot.
03-02-2012 03:52 AM
Teini Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Didn't read all of it sorry... But it's not a good thing to self diagnose. People tend to identify a lot with many symptoms they read about. For example, I read about lyme disease and identified with a lot of the symptoms. Guess what? I don't have lyme disease. I read about A number of sicknesses and mental disorders and identified with the symptoms. Lo and behold I did not have any of the things I suspected I did. Especially easy to do with the mental shit. Really prevolent nowadays. If you're concerned about this, just go see a psychologist. It's really the best way to find out if you really are what you're concerned about. Self diagnosing isn't a good thing to do, because it's fairly easy to identify with a lot of symptoms. Happens to people going through medical school when learning about various diseases. Bottom line is, just see a psychologist if you Really think you have it and want to be evaluated for it.
03-02-2012 04:18 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

^ Mfw I had lyme disease, I did see a psychologist who thought I had that shit, and psychologists/psychiatry isn't really an exact science. There are so many different ideas of how the brain works, I don't even trust any of them. (Except maybe the chemical psychologists, or biological, or whatever they are called. They make scientific judgments based on chemical imbalances and shit.)

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-02-2012 06:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Eh, even if you are a sociopath, I would not be surprised if schools were the root cause of it. I seen myself turning into someone who absolutely hate people and I'm nearing graduating.

ZZZ...
03-02-2012 07:00 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Why the hell does everyone keep confusing being a psychopath and being a sociopath? Psychopaths kill someone because the man on their cereal box told them to. Sociopaths kill someone (reason obviously varies but rarely is it a batshit crazy one like psychopaths), don't feel any remorse, and don't understand why anyone would.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
03-02-2012 07:44 AM
Teini Offline
Renegade

(03-02-2012 06:37 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  ^ Mfw I had lyme disease, I did see a psychologist who thought I had that shit, and psychologists/psychiatry isn't really an exact science. There are so many different ideas of how the brain works, I don't even trust any of them. (Except maybe the chemical psychologists, or biological, or whatever they are called. They make scientific judgments based on chemical imbalances and shit.)

You saw a psychologist that thought you had Lyme disease? Lol jk. Yeah, both psychology and psychiatry are not exact sciences. I wouldn't go to a psychiatrist though.. Unless you're looking to be pumped with medications that can be potentially very harmful.
My personal opinion of going to a psychologist/psychiatrist is that you should only go to see if you have a problem if it interferes with your daily life. Things like depression, intense anxieties, etc. my worries for modern day society is that maybe they over analyze too much. People tend to almos /want/ to find problems with themselves. Not saying OP is doing that, though. When I was younger I was misdiagnosed with ADD and bipolar disorder. It was not a fun time. It was horrible, and the medications they gave me only made it worse. The medications actually aggravated my symptoms and worsened them. It also threw me into a worse depression then what i was in before. That's why I really advise against people running to a psychologist or a psychiatrist when they think there is a little problem with them that doesn't profoundly interfere with your day to day life. I've had therapy which I found to be MUCH more helpful than being medicated. So there's that. Sorry for rambling
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 07:48 AM by Teini.)
03-02-2012 07:45 AM
Teini Offline
Renegade

(03-02-2012 07:44 AM)The Desert Fox Wrote:  Why the hell does everyone keep confusing being a psychopath and being a sociopath? Psychopaths kill someone because the man on their cereal box told them to. Sociopaths kill someone (reason obviously varies but rarely is it a batshit crazy one like psychopaths), don't feel any remorse, and don't understand why anyone would.
From wha I've read apparently psychopaths are more organized than a sociopath. Sociopaths more easily become agitated. But anyways, the reason why there is so much confusion between the two is because they have many overlapping symptoms and are pretty similar, but do have definite differences that sets them apart from each other. That's what I've gathered from the bit of dabbling I've done in the past with this subject, though. So I could very well be wrong.
03-02-2012 07:59 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Quote:It's a mental condition for a reason, idiot.
>Implying there's something wrong with me

Fuck your shit niggah.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
03-02-2012 08:40 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Yeah because I'm really going to go to a psychologist and ask them if I am a psychopath. I can see this happening. My psychologist told me I have all kinds of shit to get me to take meds, I don't trust those people anymore.
My family has a really fucked up history I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find out I have any kind of mental disorder.

No, this is Patrick.
03-02-2012 09:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  psychopath Faby 16 3,536 12-31-2009 12:47 PM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  psychopath=win Swift 11 2,790 06-11-2009 10:21 AM
Last Post: Sociopath
  re: psychopath "school must be destroyed" youvebeenthunderstruck 5 1,952 01-13-2009 03:38 PM
Last Post: psychopath