RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I now cannot eat lunch at school & guidance councilor rant
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
I now cannot eat lunch at school & guidance councilor rant

First a bit of background shit to explain academic probation and my school policy. Skip this paragraph if you don't care.
So I'm on academic probation. My school puts you on it if you're failing more than one class when report cards go out. AP is when you aren't allowed to leave school grounds for lunch. (which everyone does, because we don't have a cafeteria) They also make you go to this parent teacher meeting to "discuss and carry out an action plan for success."
LOL. they make their "LOLURONACADEMICPROBATIONLOL" letters sound so professional but in reality it's very childish. It makes me laugh. They send out these letters like 900 times too, which is a waste of paper and mail.

Now to the story.
Today, my school enacted a new policy that they recently shat out suddenly without warning. More on their frequent policy changes later.
The policy states that students on AP *MUST* stay on school grounds for the entire day, no exceptions. It also states that the student *MUST* skip lunch, go to a pre-determined class room, and do their missing work. In said classroom you will be lectured and ridiculed by the supervising teacher about why you're on AP and how much you suck at life. You are also not allowed to eat lunch in said room and this occurs during our only lunch period. This means they are indeed depriving us of our lunch.

So today during lunch. three teachers walked around with clipboards, rounding up students that are on AP and sending them to the classroom. Eventually a teacher got on the PA and called off everyone's name again and demanded them to go to said room.
Two things:
1. It's loud. Really loud. I can't hear a word you're saying over the PA.
2. I'm NOT going. That's that. No debating about it. (I am on AP so I know they called me down)

I started to listen to music and browse SS so if someone came up to me I could explain that I didn't hear the PA cuz I'm listening to music during my lunch break.

I don't go, lunch is over, i go to art.
Everyone on AP gets called to the office during art, where my useless guidance councilor and decent principal berate everyone and explain their shit policy. My councilor sits there and picks at her nails and basically does nothing while the principal explains it all, saying that we didn't come down to the room during lunch and that we can't leave. He also stated that leaving school for lunch anyways "basically is saying that you don't care about your grades." another student then said "no, it's more about the fact that I'm hungry and want to go get food and cannot bring a lunch as I have no food at home."
He shut up after that, but ended his speech with "and also if you don't go.. Actually, is anyone even thinking about not going? I don't want to get into that if nobody is."

Everyone else (about 5 others) was dead quiet, seemingly without the balls to say "I'm not doing this."
Not me. I said "I am. This is really dumb and isn't effective and I'm not going."
My principal then explained that they would keep us on AP if we refused to go to previously said classroom. I responded with "but AP takes away our 'privilege' to go out for lunch, and if I ignore that, keeping me on AP accomplishes absolutely nothing at all as I'm still going out anyways."
He thought about it for a second, seemed to realize his policy flaw, then said "well I guess we don't really have a punishment then. We could call your parents I guess." (which by the way wouldn't make me stop going out for lunch)

If there's no way to enforce your new policies, why are you making them? Go ahead and keep me on AP, I'll just ignore that and then your entire AP/off campus lunch thing is utterly fucked and useless because you don't do anything besides give me a stern talking to about it.
So yeah. According to new policy I can't go to lunch or eat during lunch period until I get my 4 Fs up. (yeah, four. I should Probabaly do something about that.. xD)

On a side note, my school makes policy changes literally every other week, and out of the blue with no warning. It's beyond annoying; get your policy shit straightened out!

Now to my guidance councilor, who I'll just call mrs M.

She sucks. I honestly don't know how she got her job. She is so fucking useless. When you try and talk to her about something she laughs at you and NEVER takes anyone seriously. If you find a loophole in the school and want to exploit it, it's easy enough to bullshit other teachers and lie about your reasons to get what you want. But not through mrs M. She will NOT allow you to do ANYTHING, even if it's a legitimate thing and isn't the exploitation of a loophole in their horribly flawed policy system. Once I asked her about making up a missing math credit through an online class. She literally stared at me for a second as if to check to see if I was serious or not, then she burst into laughter when she realized I was; I then got a lecture and a "NOPE" for an answer.
When she found out that I cut myself (because another student saw my scars and told her, still dunno who it is that did that.) she told me I'm too dramatic and that I need to "get over it" and that "life is tough, get used to it."

She's horrible at what she tries to do and deserves to be fired. I absolutely hate talking to her about anything because she's incredibly stubborn and obnoxious and refuses to help students if she thinks that they don't deserve it, and is very vague with her reasoning, probably so she can say no without really having a reason. Fuck her.
02-29-2012 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)
RE: I now cannot eat lunch at school & guidance councilor rant

Well if they are making you miss lunch then you need to contact a lawyer they love that shit.
02-29-2012 11:51 AM
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Given 9 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

What the actual fuck? Derchin I think is the only person with a strict school like mine, except mine is at least a little sane.

If you pulled that shit over here you'd get your ass handed to you on a silver platter with your expulsion notice attached. Not to mention speaking out against teachers in any way - even politely to point out a flaw, will almost certainly land you a 3 hour friday detention, if not suspension.

Motherfucking strictness man.

"All Animals are equal, But some are more equal than others."
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 12:48 PM by Sapphire Flames.)
02-29-2012 12:47 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

(02-29-2012 12:47 PM)Sapphire Flames Wrote:  What the actual fuck? Derchin I think is the only person with a strict school like mine, except mine is at least a little sane.

If you pulled that shit over here you'd get your ass handed to you on a silver platter with your expulsion notice attached. Not to mention speaking out against teachers in any way - even politely to point out a flaw, will almost certainly land you a 3 hour friday detention, if not suspension.

Motherfucking strictness man.

What the fuck? Seriously? That's insane, I'd be glad to be expelled from a school like that.
02-29-2012 12:59 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Hell, my school isn't even that bad.

Previously known as Derchin.
02-29-2012 01:11 PM
Teini Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

That's fucking idiotic. Kudos to you for Standing up to them. As for the strict school stuff... Yeah. I'm surprised. At my old school that would have at LEAST landed you a detention/ISS.
03-02-2012 08:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I have to rant (Not school related) rockstarjim22 7 3,105 02-21-2014 05:13 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  School lunch Poll... plez vote. UnschoolShqiponjë 6 2,493 06-04-2011 07:21 AM
Last Post: UnschoolShqiponjë