RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
phoneyjunta Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi

Hey everyone, I'm phoneyjunta and I'm new here. I go to a boarding school in England, which is... s**t. The internet's pretty censored, I can't view some of the things on these forums because we have a censor which scans the page before we go on there.

Yeah. I hate school. I'm a libertarian, sort of... I'm pretty sympathetic to Anarchy, and I am so pissed off that I was at school both of the times that people went rioting in London in the past two weeks :(

I have tried to get people to go on strike at school for various reasons but that hasn't really worked. The environment here is so crazy that people are scared to even sign petitions. I just keep on repeating two and a half years and then it's over, but it doesn't really help. I ran away from school a while ago, that went down with my parents like a lead balloon Biggrin

Oh yeah, I'm fifteen and I'm a girl and when I'm not at this s**thole I am in London.
11-27-2010 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
Re: Hi

Welcome aboard, you seem intelligent and fitting for SS. I'm sure you'll fit in great. Another thing, don't be dissuaded by the insanity of this forum and ignore anyone who comes in here and tries to start shit.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
11-27-2010 07:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

#1. dont be afraid to use swear words, freedom of speech is very important to us and quite frankly, censoring your foul language defeats the purpose of what we do here
#2. welcome!
#3. Been there done that, British schools are hell. not to mention that the country itself is terrible in general... I got out of there ASAP. Sad that im missing the rioting though. Are you in private or public schooling there? I was stuck in a public school at about your age and it was brutal, and not only is the schooling shit but the kids are uptight as hell, making it a stewpot for the worst shit ever...

anyway, enjoy your stay here! hope we don't scare you away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
11-27-2010 07:16 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Arrrrgh, welcome aboard the SS, matey. Leave yer sanity at the dock, or be thrown in the brig! Pirate
Jesusaurisrex Wrote:#1. dont be afraid to use swear words, freedom of speech is very important to us and quite frankly, censoring your foul language defeats the purpose of what we do here
I think what he said is that his computer had a built-in censor on the internet browser.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
11-27-2010 08:40 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

The Desert Fox Wrote:I think what he said is that his computer had a built-in censor on the internet browser.
*she
*her
Razz

I wouldn't be surprised if she can't view her own thread anymore 'cause it's been blocked 'cause people typed "bad words" on it after her original post. Laugh

So why exactly are you at this bored-ing school instead of anywhere else?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-27-2010 11:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
phoneyjunta Offline
Defiant

Yeah. I had to censor my language. Thankfully I am at home now, only for a day, so I can use the internet freely!

I'm at a Private school, but they're still probably as bad or worse than the state schools. The rules are shit crazy, and there's school on Saturdays and until six o'clock, half of the internet is blocked, the teachers can just give you detentions for what ever reason, the school probably breaks half of the rules out there which are guidelines for punishment which were made by the government. Like my friend who had to stand up in front of the whole staff room and apologise for something which did not even concern them.

The teachers are all crazy as well, you really feel oppressed by them, for example, we have to check in in the morning before we go to breakfast (this is at 7.20) if you are a minute late my housemistress goes mental at you... Even though she thinks it is fine to keep us waiting for ten minutes for some things. It's just the hypocrisy of the place which annoys me the most. Supposedly we should be allowed to complain against this stuff which she does, but if anyone ever did she would make your life living hell.

My mum was even going to complain for me, but I just did not want her to because I knew that that would make my housemistress hate me... Luckily I only have half a year left with her but I can see that it will go reeeaallly slowly.

As for why I am there, I still don't really know. I was talking about this with some people and I realised that the only thing keeping me from getting myself expelled or running away again is just because I want to get into a decent university, and that's it. It's not the people keeping me there (mainly because I hate half my year) or even the fun times (which I very rarely have). So I make it my purpose in life to mess things up at school, like moving stuff around or annoying teachers.
11-28-2010 01:17 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I want to go to boarding school. As insane as it sounds. Not an insane one with shit rules, but just a way to get out of my house. It would be amazing, especially an art boarding school.

Could you talk to your parents about switching boarding schools? I mean, even if that place is the best of the best, it's no environment to live in.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
11-28-2010 07:57 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:I think what he said is that his computer had a built-in censor on the internet browser.
*she
*her
Razz
Meh, I tend to drift in and out.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
11-28-2010 08:08 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

i would still go to this school over staying with my parents

just saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
11-28-2010 09:31 AM
phoneyjunta Offline
Defiant

CrayolaColours Wrote:Could you talk to your parents about switching boarding schools? I mean, even if that place is the best of the best, it's no environment to live in.

Yeah. Tried to. Didn't work. Mainly because I have already changed schools two times for various reasons (first one because I was always going to and the second one because... Well I don't really know to be honest, probably because my dad wanted me to and also because one of my really good friends died when I was there and being away from home when that happens really sucks).

Meh, boarding school is pretty shit. It's kind of like having parents, except they just don't care about you, you are just another student, another person who is helping pay their fees. So nothing's ever 'for your own good' its just 'because that's the way it is' and you can't argue with them. The nicer schools are okay, like the one I went to before because they were pretty lax with the rules and there were only nine boarders there. But the big institutions are living hell. Then again, parents are too Smile

Funny thing is, is that my school is not that good anyway, my parents just think it is. One of the housemistresses went crazy last year and had to be taken away to the Medical Centre and started banging on the windows asking for pills. She's still there.

EDIT: Anddd, the hirachy which you have in these type of schools is crazy, for example you have to hold doors open for older students, you have to move out of the way if an older student is there, if an older student wants you to go and get something for them, you go and get it, as one of the people in the higher years you can get away with practically bullying them and they wont tell. Otherwise they look 'cocky' and the teachers don't care about it either, because it divides the years and makes sure that we don't take action together. Also they completely disregard the fact that all of the Sixthformers are smoking in the woods or drinking in house.
11-28-2010 09:43 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I think I'm going to get used to you very quickly, you seem nice. I'm Moriko the resident Chair inventor, lesbian and interpretive dancer. We know you're gonnaaaaa likeeee it heeeerrreeeeee!

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
11-28-2010 12:43 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Huh. That really sucks. How much is this costing you again?

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
11-28-2010 01:00 PM
phoneyjunta Offline
Defiant

CrayolaColours Wrote:Huh. That really sucks. How much is this costing you again?

I dread to think. Something crazy though...
11-28-2010 10:59 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, I looked up "Art Boarding School" for the lulz, all of them were fucking 40,000... a year. I could buy a mansion with that money.

Faith o' Meter
11-29-2010 04:39 AM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:Yeah, I looked up "Art Boarding School" for the lulz, all of them were fucking 40,000... a year. I could buy a mansion with that money.
Not in America you can't~~ Our economy is so messed up right now we can't even buy a fucking house with that amount x.x

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
11-29-2010 11:59 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Okay, a mansion in the ghetto. xD

Actually, I meant to go a full four years. I even confused myself just now. "Eh, what are you thinking Amber? You can't buy a mansion for 40,000" 160,000 however, is possible.

Faith o' Meter
11-30-2010 11:27 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Another person from England Biggrin I'm from the north eastern parts myself. Well... enjoy your stay, don't be put off by some, me included Razz

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
12-01-2010 08:34 AM