RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European police on alert for Wikileaks founder
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
European police on alert for Wikileaks founder

Quote:LONDON – Swedish officials ratcheted up the pressure on WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on Wednesday, asking European police to arrest him on rape allegations as his organization continued to embarrass the Obama administration with a stream of leaked diplomatic cables.

The 39-year-old Australian computer hacker disappeared from public view after a Nov. 5 press conference in Geneva. He has spoken publicly only through online interviews, while a statement from his lawyer said the Australian was being persecuted by Swedish officials who are seeking his arrest on allegations of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.

Sweden's Director of Public Prosecution Marianne Ny said that a European arrest warrant had been issued for Assange in connection with the allegations. London-based lawyer Mark Stephens complained that Assange had yet to receive formal notice of the allegations he faces — something he described as a legal requirement under European law — and said that Assange had repeatedly offered to answer questions about the investigation, to no avail.

Stephens was scathing in his condemnation of Ny, saying he'd never come across a prosecutor who has "such casual disregard" for her obligations

"Given that Sweden is a civilized country, I am reluctantly forced to conclude that this is a persecution and not a prosecution," Stephens wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Ny declined specific comment on Stephens' criticism, saying that her decision to seek Assange's arrest had been tested in the Swedish courts.

"I see nothing unusual, or anything that breaches the rules in the processing of this case," Ny told AP. She added that there was nothing unusual about issuing an international arrest warrant for someone who has left the country and is accused of a crime as serious as rape.

Assange's whereabouts aren't known, but a European arrest warrant applies to countries across the continent. In England and Wales, such warrants are vetted by the Serious and Organized Crime Agency (SOCA) before being passed on to the relevant local police forces. SOCA declined comment Wednesday, as did London's Scotland Yard. But a German security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that a warrant for Assange has been issued in Germany.

The exact nature of the allegations facing Assange aren't completely clear, although Stephens has in the past described them as a part of "a post-facto dispute over consensual, but unprotected sex" and Swedish prosecutors have disagreed about whether to label the most serious charge as rape.

Formal charges have not been filed, but a detention order issued at Ny's request on Nov. 18 remains in force pending an appeal by Assange. The case is now before Sweden's Supreme Court, which will make a decision Wednesday or Thursday.

Meanwhile, Assange's secret-spilling group is still in the process of disclosing hundreds of classified State Department cables which have revealed requests for U.S. diplomats to gather personal information on their foreign counterparts, highlighted Western concerns that Islamist militants might get access to Pakistan's nuclear material and American skepticism that Islamabad will sever ties to Taliban factions fighting in Afghanistan.

The revelations have angered U.S. officials and prompted Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to promise "aggressive steps to hold responsible those who stole this information."

Assange's lawyer, Stephens, noted that Sweden's moves to have Assange arrested closely followed the leak of the diplomatic cables, and said his law firm was investigating whether the Swedish case was linked to Clinton's threat.

Clinton said she discussed the leak with her colleagues at a security summit Wednesday in Kazakhstan and said the revelations will not hurt American diplomacy — despite unflattering descriptions of some foreign leaders contained in some of the cables.

Assange, for his part, told Time magazine that Clinton should resign "if it can be shown that she was responsible for ordering U.S. diplomatic figures to engage in espionage in the United Nations" in violation of international agreements.

The White House said his statements "are both ridiculous and absurd" and U.S. diplomats do not engage in spying.

In addition to Assange's legal troubles, his website has also come under pressure, with both Wikileaks and a subsite devoted to the diplomatic documents blocked and unavailable from the U.S. and Europe.

WikiLeaks had earlier complained of suffering a denial-of-service attack, in which remote computers commandeered by rogue programs bombard a website with so many data packets that it becomes overwhelmed and unavailable to visitors.

The precise cause of the latest outage was not immediately clear.

Seems like the americunts are getting butthurt.
Well if there was no conspiracy with 9/11 then Osama managed to get away scott free than so can the wikileaks guy(slim hoping I know).

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-02-2010 06:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
Re: European police on alert for Wikileaks founder

Meh, they have no case. He is being slandered, and the accusations won't hold up. Sweden hasn't even filed it through the proper channels.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-02-2010 06:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

*cough* freedom of the press *cough*

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
12-02-2010 06:32 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I really like how they add that access is blocked in the US and Europe.
So much for freedom eh?

image hosting jpg
12-02-2010 06:35 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

HeartofShadows Wrote:I really like how they add that access is blocked in the US and Europe.
So much for freedom eh?

Yeah, except I have 'em. If they really want to block anything, they're going to have to try harder...

Blog I post to now:

12-02-2010 06:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

YOUR SPREE IS AT AN END
12-02-2010 07:21 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Quote:Seems like the americunts are getting butthurt.
Well if there was no conspiracy with 9/11 then Osama managed to get away scott free than so can the wikileaks guy(slim hoping I know).

Honestly, if I were Assange, I would be more afraid of the saudi's and the lebanese than America. I can imagine there are quite a few people in those countries that want his head on a platter. Literally, on a platter.

I think he's going to find that there aren't many places to hide when you piss off the entire world.
12-02-2010 07:35 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Ayliana Wrote:I think he's going to find that there aren't many places to hide when you piss off the entire world.

He's hiding at my place right now...

Blog I post to now:

12-02-2010 07:41 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

inb4 the US guided missiles your house
12-02-2010 07:52 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Ayliana Wrote:
Quote:Seems like the americunts are getting butthurt.

Honestly, if I were Assange, I would be more afraid of the saudi's and the lebanese than America. I can imagine there are quite a few people in those countries that want his head on a platter. Literally, on a platter.

I think he's going to find that there aren't many places to hide when you piss off the entire world.

Really he kind of just pissed off america and since america has a hold on everybody it kind of spreads.

Curse you for stomping on my hope Ayliana. Laugh

image hosting jpg
12-02-2010 08:30 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:Really he kind of just pissed off america and since america has a hold on everybody it kind of spreads.

Not exactly. He may have recieved his intell from compromised American channels, but the fact remains that it was still Saudi and Lebonese intelligence from Saudi and Leonese diplomats that was leaked.

Don't get me wrong, america want's his ass too, but with so many people pissed off at this man do you really think they're going to worry about it much? He'll get caught soon enough. Nothing is completely untraceable, especially on the internet.

I can't wait to see what happens when he starts exposing dirt on China.
12-02-2010 08:51 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Ayliana Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:Really he kind of just pissed off america and since america has a hold on everybody it kind of spreads.

Not exactly. He may have recieved his intell from compromised American channels, but the fact remains that it was still Saudi and Lebonese intelligence from Saudi and Leonese diplomats that was leaked.

Don't get me wrong, america want's his ass too, but with so many people pissed off at this man do you really think they're going to worry about it much? He'll get caught soon enough. Nothing is completely untraceable, especially on the internet.

I can't wait to see what happens when he starts exposing dirt on China.

Thats if he lives long enough to Aya. Uhoh
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting gunned down while resisting *arrest*.

image hosting jpg
12-02-2010 09:09 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

surely America knows that NO ONE trusts them anyway
12-03-2010 01:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BuzzFeed founder wrote something weird I Must Enter a Username 3 3,217 06-07-2014 10:01 AM
Last Post: I Must Enter a Username
  Germany Wants New European Constitution: “There Are New Centers Of Power In The World HeartofShadows 1 1,453 03-13-2012 09:55 AM
Last Post: Aya
  Russia's Plan to Disrupt U.S.-European Relations Reptorian 1 1,916 12-24-2011 08:53 AM
Last Post: Reptorian
  Feds Is Using Your Money To Bail Out European banks again HeartofShadows 18 5,795 11-03-2011 08:21 AM
Last Post: Liquid
  And So It Begins – The First Major European Bank Has Been Bailed Out HeartofShadows 8 4,506 10-11-2011 11:38 AM
Last Post: Absnt
  Wikileaks US Agreed to Reveal UK’s Nuclear Secrets HeartofShadows 2 1,867 02-08-2011 01:52 AM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  Iceland may ban MasterCard, Visa over WikiLeaks censorship HeartofShadows 15 3,272 12-22-2010 03:48 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  It's time to help wikileaks. Absnt 11 3,291 12-12-2010 12:04 PM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  A new WikiLeaks” revolts against Assange HeartofShadows 8 3,499 12-10-2010 05:40 PM
Last Post: psychopath
  Hackers strike at MasterCard to support WikiLeaks HeartofShadows 3 2,302 12-09-2010 04:52 PM
Last Post: psychopath