RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unemployment benefits in united states have ended today
laichi Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Unemployment benefits in united states have ended today

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40447966/ns ... _politics/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101201/ap_ ... s_the99ers

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/j ... 6207063564

It's over guys. And BTW I live in Texas, we are one of the states that gets hit HARD. A lot of people run down to Texas to get away from these sort of things.. :(

I have officially lost faith in the government as a whole. In the words of Winnebago man "I'm slating this f***er" I'm probably going to college in a stable English speaking country and hell yes I'm probably going to learn a trade.The arts just isn't going to do in this economy.
12-02-2010 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Re: Unemployment benefits in united states have ended today

You need to learn some survival skills as we don't know how long this economy will last(may have to eat beaver).

On another note its rare to see somebody has played phantom brave.

"For her sake I will not fail!"

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-02-2010 12:07 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

The only people who are losing thier unemployment today are those who have been recieving benefits for two fucking years. It used to be only for six months, then they extended it not once, but twice. At some point people have to get off thier asses and do something. Jobs are out there, particularly in health care. And with two years of goverment assistance, these people had more than enough time to re train and re enter the workforce.

HeartofShadows Wrote:.(may have to eat beaver).

Laugh Freudian slip much?
12-02-2010 04:01 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Around here bogans(redneck for amerifags) just sit on their ass receiving money, and there's also "students" that just take advantage of youth allowance while not working.

If you study full time you get money but if you work over a certain amount it gets cancelled, that's absolutely ridiculous because it encourages laziness. My lazy friend just sits on his hass while going to uni and receiving all sorts of stuff from the government, and doesn't work because working would cancel the payments.

I'm getting sick of all this bullshit, the government should only be helping those who really need it, eg disabled people and people who are genuinely looking for work(altho we have payments for job seekers). It's seriously impossible to be homeless in this country unless you are extremely lazy or mentally disabled.
12-02-2010 06:09 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Ayliana Wrote:.(may have to eat beaver).
Laugh Freudian slip much?

Yeah a tiny slip but unlike most people on the forums I don't have claims of being intelligent.
I'm average therefore I make mistakes. Laugh

image hosting jpg
12-03-2010 02:35 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Good riddance.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
12-03-2010 05:42 AM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Maybe this will finally encourage our fat-ass, whiny bitch of a country to get up and start working, rather than complain about everything. In some places in the U.S. jobless benefits are worth more than working a part time job, which is just beyond retarded. People here need to wake up and see that there are in fact jobs out there, maybe they're not the best, but its not like they have to work crappy jobs forever. I'm trying to get a part time job just so I can pay for some classes that I'm going to be taking once I turn 18 and get the hell out of high school, but it saddens me to hear that people would rather sit on their asses and spend their days watching TV or whatnot while they collect government benefits. For those who are stuck in poverty and still trying to work their hardest to get out of it, they deserve all the help they can get.

psychopath Wrote:I'm getting sick of all this bullshit, the government should only be helping those who really need it, eg disabled people and people who are genuinely looking for work(altho we have payments for job seekers). It's seriously impossible to be homeless in this country unless you are extremely lazy or mentally disabled.

My thoughts exactly.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
12-06-2010 06:48 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I heard that the job market is doing great in Australia so I can't say much for psychopaths case.
I still do however support this as welfare(can't tell the difference between that and this extended unemployment bonus) in general is a to widely abused system and the economy woes are just making people more dependent on it.

Maybe now since people can't collect anymore it'll make them pissed off.

image hosting jpg
12-06-2010 08:26 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

I dont have a problem with Unemployment benefits its just when lazy white trash and niggers take advantage of the system I mean if a man or woman lost a job and is having a hard time i dont want to be like fuck you but i also hate seeing that money go to mah new iphawn but the one thing thats really raping our money supply is social security thats hitting harder than unempployment if you got rid of all the other programs in america and just kept social security wed still be in the red rofl need to raise the social security age to like 85 or scale it back when social secuirty came out the life span was about 65-70 now its about 77. It may seem harsh but we need to euthanise people who arent contributing anything anymore (people in comas grandpa whos drooling in the corner on meds etc) cause with our system thats the way it has to be.
12-07-2010 03:45 AM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Comrade Wrote:I dont have a problem with Unemployment benefits its just when lazy white trash and niggers take advantage of the system I mean if a man or woman lost a job and is having a hard time i dont want to be like fuck you but i also hate seeing that money go to mah new iphawn but the one thing thats really raping our money supply is social security thats hitting harder than unempployment if you got rid of all the other programs in america and just kept social security wed still be in the red rofl need to raise the social security age to like 85 or scale it back when social secuirty came out the life span was about 65-70 now its about 77. It may seem harsh but we need to euthanise people who arent contributing anything anymore (people in comas grandpa whos drooling in the corner on meds etc) cause with our system thats the way it has to be.
It feels like he's raping my eyes.
12-07-2010 08:56 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

Raikuron Wrote:
Comrade Wrote:I dont have a problem with Unemployment benefits its just when lazy white trash and niggers take advantage of the system I mean if a man or woman lost a job and is having a hard time i dont want to be like fuck you but i also hate seeing that money go to mah new iphawn but the one thing thats really raping our money supply is social security thats hitting harder than unempployment if you got rid of all the other programs in america and just kept social security wed still be in the red rofl need to raise the social security age to like 85 or scale it back when social secuirty came out the life span was about 65-70 now its about 77. It may seem harsh but we need to euthanise people who arent contributing anything anymore (people in comas grandpa whos drooling in the corner on meds etc) cause with our system thats the way it has to be.
It feels like he's raping my eyes.
Would it help help if i yelled suprise?
12-08-2010 03:30 AM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

No, but a bit of formatting and punctuation would.
12-09-2010 11:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  United States, war, army, God stevehein 15 6,057 02-17-2015 08:52 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  As unemployment soars, child labour returns to Europe HeartofShadows 5 3,475 03-13-2013 07:44 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Ron Paul Should Be The Next President Of The United States Luizao876 21 10,235 01-30-2012 02:19 PM
Last Post: Absnt
  The conclusion i have drawn about the United States of America The Shadowman 14 10,226 01-08-2012 12:16 PM
Last Post: GREATKINGJOSEKLOS
  Debt-Free United States Notes Were Once Issued Miller0700 14 8,850 12-24-2011 02:24 AM
Last Post: The Shadowman
  Space exploration-benefits psychopath 60 30,471 12-06-2011 12:33 AM
Last Post: Spiritus_Raptor
  The Collapse Of The Eurozone Will A "United States Of Europe" Arise? HeartofShadows 5 4,744 11-13-2011 05:11 PM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Jobs picture dims as unemployment claims rise HeartofShadows 1 1,479 08-14-2010 01:10 PM
Last Post: psychopath
  US Unemployment rate 22%? ~Mystery~ 1 1,559 07-08-2010 08:30 PM
Last Post: Sociopath
  The benefits of fiction. Gaiyara 5 2,440 03-04-2009 07:28 PM
Last Post: dragon